Limbo Ladies!!

Depends on the baby, Jayden took about 1.5fl oz every 3 hours when he was 1st born but was up to 6fl oz by the time he was 3weeks old! The hospital bottles usually have about 5fl oz and you'll be able to judge from that how much she's gonna take. And when she drains a bottle and looks for more you'll know to put it up by an oz xxx

Lol, you will learn don't worry! If you're unsure of anything then ask - don't worry about sounding silly or stupid, best to ask and make sure you're doing everything you can :thumbup: xxx

I feel like I don't want to ask too much because people will think I'm dumb, which I am.

I can't be bothered to sleep, I just stay awake thinking and it does my nut in. On the plus side I love the sound of rain! Xx

People will not think you're dumb, people will think you're asking questions so you can do the best by your daughter! And if anyone says you're dumb or whatever, ask them if they'd rather you done it wrong! I like the sound of the rain too, when I don't need to go out the house that is, otherwise I hate it! We had a thunderstorm yesterday and it was pretty cool, haven't had one for a while :haha:

I slept OK last night but yet again, I'm very tired :sleep: I'm used to Jayden being at his childminders on a Thursday but she's on holiday this last 2 weeks so I haven't really had a 'break' as such. It's tough and even though hubby helps when he gets home from work, I still have to do it all day when I'm shattered lol. Bring on Nursery time!

How is everyone this morning? xxx

woowweee glad im gona breastfeed, bottles sound confusing LOOOL!

no baby this morning boooooo! i had positive thoughts last night as i had 4 poopies yday!!!!! FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really thought it was me clearing out but i guess not!

I cant wait for today, going with my friend to take her 5 month old son to a photo shoot yay!!!! hes soooo cute i cant wait!

Just caught up on apprentice....they are so stupid on that program!!!!!

whats everyone else up to?! xxx

I know I soooooo late on the uptake Michelle, but Esmay for me too!

Bottles confuse the bejeebers out of me! We've got all the stuff for bottles (steriliser, bottle warner, tonne of bottles etc) for if I can BF or when I start to express...but the whole formula thing I find really confussing! I dont envy how much your wangers will hurt tho michelle, not having anywhere for all that milk to go!! I would probably get a good post surgery or sparts bra to wear!!

Anyone else got/had carpal tunnel? Its really doing my head in now....not sure another 7 weeks of this will be possible!!

So Vicki, last day of work tomorrow.... Im not jealous one bit....honest!!

xx

Morning Everyone!

Well I'm officially overdue now! ho hum, I'm still feeling ok about it at the moment. Thanks for the advise on asking for a sweep - I'll see what she says when I go in today :)

Happy Due Day Mrs Pop!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Michelle - you don't sound thick at all - I know nothing either!!! I think we just have to learn it as we go and a big thanks to Claire and Barbles as I love reading your voices of experience!! I'm planning in breast feeding as it sounds so much easier but the bottle stuff is still good to know in case I can't breastfeed and for when I want to express.

Hope everyone has a good day - happy labour dust to any over 37 weeks :)

I feel sick this morning, infact I'm positive I could be sick right now if I let myself, not fun :(

Love the apprentice samira, glad melody went, think I want helen to win.

I'm going to have a 'do nothing' day. Might do some dusting and mopping. Xxx

Baby has hardly moved in the past day either, she's moved a tiny bit but nothing noticable. I'm going to have something to eat see if she moves, I've given her a good prod but nothing. X

Samira, I just want to say one thing and I don't want you to take it the wrong way - don't pin every hope you have on breastfeeding. With Jayden I was determined to breastfeed, I knew NOTHING about bottles, I had no clue how to make them up, didn't know how to sterilise etc but after he was born it was physically impossible for me to breastfeed. Firstly, I had a traumatic birth and needed a blood transfusion, and Jayden wouldn't latch on (I tried so hard :() and didn't find out til a week or so later that he had tongue tie and then it was too late. Of course I want you to be completely successful and I really hope you're able to BF but I really think my self thinking 'failure' lead to me having PND. This time I'd like to breastfeed but I'm honestly not going to be that bothered if I need to bottle feed. I just don't want you to feel like a failure if it doesn't work out :hugs: I really hope you don't take that the wrong way lol. Oh and I also poop several times a day the last few days or so :rofl:

Sorry you're overdue Heather, I know it's not fun! She'll be here shortly and you'll forget all about being overdue :thumbup: Happy Due date MrsPop!!!!!!!!

Sorry you're feeling crap Michelle, I suppose that's my fault aswell? ;) Lol, feel better. I was feeling sorry for myself this morning but I decided to give myself a kick up the arse, got the beds made, opened the curtains and blinds, got me and Jayden ready, sorted the washing and tidied up (although Jayden's made sure it's not stayed that way :haha:) so I'm feeling happier now lol xxx

Michelle, if she's not moved much in the next hour, give the hospital a phone just to be on the safe side xxx

Blimey, I've missed a lot around here over the past day or two!!

I'm super late, but I also vote for Es-may :)

Heather- those photos are stunning! Hot mama alert! Hope things get moving along for you soon hon.

Laura- sorry your sweep didn't go so well. Hope you're not getting too frustrated *hugs*.

Lol Vicki- I'm sure your boobs will be filling that bra very nicely soon! I can't compete with you Claire, but I'm usually 36E so it should be very interesting to see what I end up with on Saturday!

Samira, this is probably TMI but I feel like I poo almost every time I go to the loo lately! I don't know how it's possible because I'm not even eating very much!!

Sorry about your carpal tunnel Katie :( Amanda, how are you feeling today?

Well, I had a day of really strong Braxton Hicks yesterday. I popped into work for a couple of hours whilst I was waiting for my car to be serviced and have its very first MOT (Ginny the Golf passed with flying colours!) and people were exchanging looks when I was getting the BH. They were coming about every half an hour and were really strong but by the time I went to bed, they'd tailed off. All quiet again today so that's the excitement over for a few days I reckon!

My MiL has booked me to have half a day at a local spa next week, which I can't wait for :) Will be having a facial, shoulder and neck massage, pedicure and getting my legs and foof waxed (which I'm frankly terrified about!). It gives me something to look forward to and distracts me from symptom spotting for a bit!

Michelle, I agree with Claire- it's best to ring the hospital on the safe side, if you can't get madam to move. Could it be a good sign in a funny way though? Don't they say that baby goes quiet when things are about to start?

Yeh I will, my belly is tight and I can feel where abouts she is, if I really put pressure on where she is I can feel movement. Oh no wait, she's moved :) just the once but she has. Is it still a concern if there isn't much movement? Xx

Even if she's moving if it's less than normal it's best to get checked out xxx

Better to be safe than sorry....hopefully she's just run out of space and decided 'sod it, i'll sleep til i come out then'!!

Do u think its best if I just ring them up and see what they say? Xxx

Definitely give them a ring. They will probably ask you to come in anyway just to make sure. That's the one thing that midwife has stressed all the way through the pregnancy- if you ever feel worried about movements, get in touch. Thry would rather that and check that everything is ok, than you worrying for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->