Limbo Ladies!!

Oh, and I should say Heather, these people I'm talking about on Facebook, are DH's friends! He sees them and when they see me they'll ask 'how are you?' and if they've deleted me from facebook, they obviously don't care! i've only just realised they've all deleted me so will be civil but nothing else when I see them xxx

Massive congrate Barbles.....cant wait to see pics and hear all about the birth!!

Lots of labour dust to everyone else who is overdue and/or ready to get bubs out regardless!!

Hope everyone is feeling good today!!xx

Congratulations Barbles!!!!! *swallows immense jealousy!!!* you lucky thing going so early!!

Hope everyone else had good weekends?

I'm still here after my 3rd false labour last night! I'm so confused as to why my body is being like this. I swear I would be fed up but fine is it weren't for all the false starts but every time it happens I am crushed with disappointment again and feel like such an idiot for allowing myself to get excited. Last night I was sobbing - so unfair!

At this rate I'll say nothing until baby is crowning!!!

Royally peee'd off!!! Grrrhhhh

So sorry to hear about the false labours... :( It'll happen soon.

I'm sure ur body does know heather, it will happen in no time!

I hope my baby does wait cause I have too much to do :(

But lol, just looked out the window the see my old lady next door neighbour and old man over the road neighbour tackling my front garden, its kind of sweet but I know they're only doing it cause their gardens are gorgeous. I havnt said thanks yet as I was iin my dressing gown and I heard her say she thought I was in bed which I'm not so I'll thank them later lol xxx

Aww its nice to have caring neighbours :)

Hopefulheath I'm sure your body is doing what it should for you and bubba. Dont feel guilty for goingover. Have you got an appointment for a sweep? That might help things along.

Yeah I have a sweep on Wednesday if nothing's happened before then. Mad to think me and CeeCee had the same due date, feels like she had her baby so long ago now!! I wonder how she's getting on :)

Dont worry hun it'll be your turn soon.

I've been getting cramps on and off today but no crippling pains thay are regular. I havent told anyone in our families cos we're already getting calls/texts about the baby.

Hi everybody!! Firstly, I just want to apologise for my lack of communication!! I've literally only just got rid of DH's parents who were visiting and so have time to sit down and document my experiences :) Secondly, just want to say thank you all for your lovely messages. You ladies are amazing and I've missed y'all loads xxx Also congrats to Barbles - Jacob is GORGEOUS!! xxx Also I fully admit I am yet to catch up on everybody's news but I am will try to do so whilst up with Jessica for her nightly feeds lol.

Right so here goes nothing... I shall give you the very short version and the long version, feel free to skip the long version if you want to, I won't be offended!!

Short Version - After 76 hours of induction I finally was able to have my waters broken :) Two hours after that I got hooked up to all the drips and my contractions started coming thick and fast! Officially went into established labour 4 hours later but failed to dilate properly. Then after 8 hours of labour my body started pushing when I was only 6cm dilated and I physically couldn't stop pushing. After gas and air and two shots of pethidine I was given an epidural as midwife and doctors thought this was the only way to stop my body pushing. Eventually I dilated to 10cm and then found out baby was back to back and that her head was wedged in such a position that she couldn't come out by me pushing. Sooooooo... I was taken to theatre and prepped for a caesarean but the amazing doctor managed to turn her and bring her out using forceps :) She was born at 12.05pm on the 29th June 2011 weighing 8 pounds exactly :) And I am absolutely over the moon with my little Jessica xxx

Long Version - I went in to be induced at 9.30am on Saturday 25th June and was given the first pessary. Had to wait 32 hours to be seen again though!! Then when I was seen there was no progress and so had to have pessary number two. Another 24 hour wait and when I was seen again there was very minimal change so then we moved onto the gel! For anybody who is being induced the pessaries and gels being put in is slightly uncomfortable but not painful so please don't worry about it. Thank god for DH during all this as he kept me sane... well as sane as I could get lol. So where was I???

Oh yes I'd just had the gel hadn't I? Well I had to wait 8 hours and thankfully the doctor examined me this time and although I was only 1cm dilated she managed to break my waters!! This was now Tuesday 28th June at 1.25pm ... let the games begin!! At 3.30pm after walking around the hospital trying to get things moving for a while I was strapped up to the sliding scale insulin drip and the synto drip to get my contractions moving. Pretty much straight away I started having 3 or so contractions every ten minutes but they had to wait until I was having 4 or 5 per 10 minutes. I can tell you that being strapped to two drips and a ctg machine is hilarious whilst trying to go for a wee lol. At 8pm I was finally classified as being in established labour (despite not being 4cm dilated - go figure!) and was examined by Mary, the midwife who would be lumbered with me all night!! She told me I was only 2cm... Up until this point I hadn't had any pain relief... not even paracetamol! I managed to last til 10pm and then I hit the gas and air with a vengeance lol. The registrar then came to examine me at midnight and told me I was only 3cm dilated. I'd only dilated 1cm in 4 hours and I was gutted when he said that. I cried - a lot! The contractions were really strong and really painful by now and Mary thought I should try some pethidine.

Pethidine is good sh!t lol. I genuinely don't remember a fair whack of what happened next which quite frankly is probably a blessing!! Now is the point in this account of my experiences where I would like to stress that my labour, delivery and recovery have been tough but what I went through is very unusual so please don't let my story scare you. So... first shot of pethidine down and something odd starts happening. My body starts pushing completely of its own accord and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. Mary the midwife tried to get me to stop pushing but I physically couldn't stop. We tried another shot of pethidine to see if it could relax me enough to stop the pushing and gave it an hour to try and work. It didn't. Mary examined me again and I was 6cm at a push (pardon the pun lol) but Mary noticed that my cervix was now swelling due to the constant pushing and that apparently wasn't good.

Mary decided that we needed to try an epidural as that would stop the pushing completely, allow me to get some rest and hopefully help me relax enough to let my cervix stop swelling and dilate instead. I will admit that by this point I was in complete agony and if the epidural didn't work we were looking towards a caesarean and I really didn't want that. The anaesthatist came in did his stuff and I'm not joking, within 10 minutes the pain had pretty much ceased and within 15 minutes I couldn't feel a thing. I actually cried with relief!! Lol I had been so out of it that I didn't even realise until this point that I had had a catheter fitted ha ha. By this time it was 6.30am on Wednesday 29th June and I was starting to feel like this labour was going to get very long lol.

From then until 8am I slept as I was absolutely exhausted. Then I had new midwives :) Debbie and Charlotte :) Charlotte was a trainee midwife but she was fabulous, they both were. I was examined by them both at 10am and I was finally 10cm dilated and could push. I couldn't feel a thing pushing though which was really weird!! I tried pushing for 90 minutes but although they could see Jess's head she wasn't coming out and Debbie and Charlotte decided it was time for the doctor to have a look. And this is where everything goes very quickly!! The doctor examined me and immediately said that Jess's head was wedged so that her chin was higher than her forehead and she was back to back which basically meant I couldn't push her out unless her head could be moved and she could be turned. The doctor explained that I would most likely need a caesarean but that it wouldn't be an easy one to do as Jess was well and truly wedged. Then the doctor introduced a trainee doctor and announced that we were off to theatre right there and then.

At that point I admit I was petrified for Jessica, I just wanted her to be ok. Midwives and doctors came from everywhere and were hooking me up to all sorts of things and reading through forms with me which I had to sign. DH was amazing, he kept me so calm and was so supportive. He held my hand through everything and asked the questions I would have asked but couldn't get out. In short I couldn't have done it without him. And he looked incredibly cute in his scrubs lol. My epidural was topped up and all the checks were done and before I knew it we were in theatre and ready to rock and roll. The trainee doctor examined me and tried to turn Jess but said "No, its going to have to be a caesarean." Then the doctor said she was going to double check and literally 30 seconds later she looked at me, smiled and said "I can do this with forceps my lovely," so she got the forceps in position, I pushed once and then my beautiful, amazing princess was placed on my chest. I can't begin to explain to you all the immense rush of love that hit me at that moment which was followed by the complete relief of her being here safe and sound. DH just reached over and cuddled me and Jessica and at that moment it struck me that this was it, the moment my family was formed.

To perform the forceps delivery they had to give me an episiotomy and I had stitches which obviously I didn't feel at the time due to the epidural. I was taken to recovery for 20 mins where I gave Jess her first feed and then I was taken back to the labour ward where I was given tea and toast and a custard cream biscuit :) then DH and I were left for 10 minutes to marvel at how amazing our baby girl is. After that I had a bed bath (eew!) and then I was taken to ante natal ward.

My first night with her was amazing, just the two of us staring at each other lol. I couldn't sleep at all! I was discharged the following afternoon after both of our blood sugars had been monitored and both were ok :)

My mam came to stay with us for a few days to show us what we were doing and it was lovely coming home with my family and all being together. Unfortunately, my stitches kept getting more and more painful and eventually on the Saturday night I had to go to an out of hours clinic and found out I had an infection in my stitches :( a good course of antibiotics and codydramol later and I'm most definitely on the mend. I'm still a little bit sore and my body still feels drained, like little tasks tire me out but on the whole I feel so much better then I did on that Saturday. My big tip if you have stitches is to use the maternity pads not sanitary towels as they think the sanitary towels may have caused my infection due to keeping the wound too dry. Also, invest in several packs of frozen peas as they are heaven on your foof.

Now to Jessica... well I am totally biased but I think she is totally beautiful and amazing. In fact she's already holding her head up for periods of time all by herself. She's not sleeping particularly well at night but being only 12 days old I don't think she's aware of what a routine is lol. Here are some pics of the gorgeous one for you all. I am so in love with her and couldn't breathe without her. Her and DH truly are my life and I feel so blessed to have them.

Thanks again for everybody's kind messages, I hope you're all well and sorry again for lack of communication and not catching up before now!

Lots of love to you all XXX

Attachments

• Jessica.jpg
    Jessica.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
  • various photos 276.jpg
    various photos 276.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
Ohh CeeCee :hugs: I cried a bit reading that! What a story, sorry you're still in a bit of pain but that'll go soon I'm sure. She really is amazing and gorgeous and it seems like she's been here alot longer than 2 weeks!!! Almost time for all the Limbo babies to be here, I can't keep up with the ones we have already! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww CeeCee, she really is beautiful, and Im sure she's worth every ache and pain!! So please for you!!

Well, Im in my last week at work, I finish on Friday. Since last night (where I didnt sleep at all) Ive been really crampy, not just round the bottom like period cramps, but my whole bump!! So not in a great mood today!! Got my boss coming over to visit me today (as I work on my own) so this will be the last time I see him/anyone before I leave!! Wonder if he'll remember to say 'bye'!?! Also, getting really annoyed with this carpal tunnel.... would happily cut my hand off right now!!

Other than my moan, Im actually quite well really.... hospital bag is packed, isofix is installed in the car, windows getting tinted tomorrow, crib being delivered next week, nursery almost done.....so I can (hopefully) spend my mat leave before bubs arrives, watching daytime TV and eating cakes!!

How is everyone else feeling today? Are we all ok? Any sign of anymore limbo babies?xx

Ceecee that was lovely, I cried too! You sound so brave!! So happy for you.

My signs have died down now, but that's fine as I'm in no rush. ikea today and painting the nursery finally, then when I get paid on friday I'm going to get all the last minute things like milk formula eeeeek. And some snacks for the hospital bag lol.

How is everyone else? Xx

Lovely to hear from you CeeCee :) Sounds like you had quite an ordeal but I'm sure it was worth every second for your Jessica :cloud9: Glad to hear you're on the mend now too. Congratulations again hon- she's absolutely gorgeous.

Well, it's been quite an eventful few days for some of the Limbo Ladies! How are you feeling Claire? Any more signs or have things quietened down for now? Yasmin, Heather- how are you both? At the rate that these Limbo babies are popping out, I think I'll be left here switching the light off lol.

Wonderful news about Amanda and baby Jacob too. Limbo ladies know how to make gorgeous babies, that's for sure!

All is quiet here. Having usual aches and pains but nothing of any note. Baby is still super active, and there's definitely no sign of him quietening down any time soon! I'm starting to get people asking if there's any sign of bubba yet, so goodness only knows what it's going to be like if/when I go overdue!!

By the way, random question for those taking raspberry leaf capsules- is it stopping you go to the loo? Sorry if it's tmi, but I hadn't been for 2 days and it coincided with when I switched from the tea to the capsules :shrug:

Michelle- hope you have fun at Ikea. Love that place :thumbup:

Katie- bet you can't wait for Friday to come around, can you? Sounds like you're getting very well organised too!

CeeCee!!!! Amazing story and Jessica is yummy!!!! Awww so good to hear you are ok even though it sounds like you went through the mill a bit!!! I'm very glad they managed to get her out without a c section as my friend had one and she was in sooo much pain for 6 weeks :(, it's the thing I dread the most! Your story made me cry too - so happy for you hon xxx

As for me, day 6 overdue!!! Pahhhh! Feeling ok, stretch and sweep tomorrow if nothing's happened so at least I feel like I'll get to know if all these false labours are actually doing anything! Also booked to see Harry Potter on Friday (I'll be 9 days over by then!!) I figured if baby has come I won't mind about missing the film but if she's still hanging on then I'd be gutted to miss out on the film too!!! (massive potter fan!! Hehe). So I'm trying to think positive now and know that I only have a week max left until they'd induce me if she hasn't come and that's not so bad, I'd just rather she came on her own!! So a week more of bump and feeling her little body inside me, that's special and I'm going to enjoy every day of it!

Love to you all xxx

Hello everyone, just having a quick read! CONGRATULATIONS Barbles, can't wait to hear about Jacob's arrival! Hope you're both doing well. CeeCee, congratulations too and thank you for the story! Jessica is beautiful!

Hope everyone else is feeling well and something happens for you soon Heather. I have very little news except that I am now on mat leave and finding myself busier than I have been in years at work! Got so much to do at home but yesterday was a success and I am about to get on with today's list of things. Concentrating on getting myself and Mr G sorted out and things organised, and my FIL is on his way today to make a start on the nursery by boxing in some pipes that frankly I wasn't even aware existed! Coving, moving a light fitting and painting should all be done over the next week or so. The furniture arrived from M&P yesterday and we currently have 9 enormous boxes of flat-pack sat in the dining room, lol.

Anyway, the best of daytime TV is now over so I'm off to make myself useful and enjoy my housewifing! Don't know how I found time to go to work! Much love to all xx

Lol, I know just what you mean Vicki. Last week, I actually asked OH to swap with me so I could go to work and he could stay at home and deal with everything that was going on. Unsurprisingly, he declined ;) Hope you'll be putting some pics up when the nursery is finished!

Heather- big Potter fan here too! We're actually going to see Order of the Phoenix tonight at the cinema to get us in the Potter mood lol, then we're going to see Deathly Hallows Part 2 at a minute past midnight on Thurs night/Fri morning lol. OH has booked the fancy seats so I should have more room to squeeze into hopefully!

Potter fan here too! Although I must admit, I'm a much bigger fan of the books than the films lol. Can't wait to see the final film though but I haven't booked any tickets yet, I want to see Transformers 1st lol.

No more signs really over here, still losing bits of my plug and got some cramping but nothing significant. Baby is pretty active so I'm not worried, just really want to get my house in order then she can come any time. xxxx

Yeah, I do prefer the books too but apparently, this last film will be mind blowing. Just hope it lives up to expectations! Hopefully your baby girl will stay put long enough for you to get everything sorted that you want to :) I haven't lost any bits of plug or anything AT ALL yet. Must. Not. Become. Too. Impatient.

Helloo everyone! Just a quick update as after spending a week in hospital and just getting home this minute I'm going to have some pate and relax! Huge congratulations to Barbles, and Ceecee! She is beautiful, will catch up properly when I have spare time!

Very short story- After a few days of induction, very intense contractions, a bitch of a midwife who delivered her, Layla arrived at 1;02am on July 8th, we have been in hospital since as I had a temperature during labour and she had an infection, she is all better now and we arrived home today. So in love with her, it's unbelievable, and so glad she's not ill anymore. Will post a proper birth story and Will catch up soon, hope you're all well :)

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->