Limbo Ladies!!

yay ceecee, thats good news because it can be worked on. I went to the doctors just over a year ago for severe headaches, and she said i was stressed, as soon as the doctor said it i felt instantly better! xxx

Thanks hun, he's been suffering with bad headaches for months but didn't take much notice and doctor said that stress was causing them too XXX

Awww ceecee, I'm so glad he's ok! Well apart from the stress but that can be sorted. Has he tried fruit smooties? They're really lovely, and if you add in some veg you can't taste it because the sweetness of the fruit overpowers the taste of veg xxx

He hates all types of berries i.e strawberries, blueberries etc and doesn't like peaches/nectarines or plums. He also can't stand tomato or cucumber lol but thats a brilliant idea as I can make him smoothies up with apples, bananas, fruit juices etc and hopefully buck up his vitamins.

Any other ideas ladies on how I can be supportive to him dealing with this? XXX

Alan's the same, he won't even touch a vegetable but he eats quite alot of fruit. I think the best thing really is just to be there for him, which you already are. Other than that I really don't know, lots of :hugs: xxx

Michelle, I really don't envy your situation, I can't imagine how hard it'll be if he does want to get in touch. Lots of :hugs: for you too lol xxx

I will take on board the tips ladies, thank you! Lol. You never see Posh Spice wandering about preggers with two wet patches over her busoms.

Glad there's nothing serious physically CeeCee, that's a relief - stress can be dealt with although it does take time too. Maybe have a regular thing at the weekends - going for a long walk or just doing anything like that together, no other distractions around and good for you both too. I had about two years' worth of anxiety and stress at the end of university and the worst thing I could have done was stay cooped up inside, fresh air, a bit of exercise (I did yoga which was brilliant) and a v. gentle routine were good for me - admittedly along with 9 months on a mild anti-depressant. I also had crippling irritable bowel at the same time and now I probably only have one or two attacks a year, usually because I've eaten something I shouldn't rather than stress-related. It's nasty but by nipping it in the bud and taking some positive action can be sorted out easily. Good luck!

Michelle, I really don't envy your situation, I can't imagine how hard it'll be if he does want to get in touch. Lots of :hugs: for you too lol xxx

Yeh it will, and hes such a horrible person to me, I'll give him one chance when the baby comes, and if he messes up he messes up. But the fact my baby is part of him makes me quite upset and i think thats maybe why i have struggled to bond with her.

Ceecee i would go for the exercise too, i started going to the gym and it helped me so much. But i honestly think now you both know it will be a lot easier. Make sure neither of you go to bed with any niggling thoughts and worries because then he will almost certainly wake up with a headache xxx

Alan's the same, he won't even touch a vegetable but he eats quite alot of fruit. I think the best thing really is just to be there for him, which you already are. Other than that I really don't know, lots of :hugs: xxx

Thanks hun :hugs: maybe I should make a lasagne or moussaka and just hide loads of vegetables in there lol I think I could hide peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, errr and possible some other vegetables in those!! XXX

I will take on board the tips ladies, thank you! Lol. You never see Posh Spice wandering about preggers with two wet patches over her busoms.

Glad there's nothing serious physically CeeCee, that's a relief - stress can be dealt with although it does take time too. Maybe have a regular thing at the weekends - going for a long walk or just doing anything like that together, no other distractions around and good for you both too. I had about two years' worth of anxiety and stress at the end of university and the worst thing I could have done was stay cooped up inside, fresh air, a bit of exercise (I did yoga which was brilliant) and a v. gentle routine were good for me - admittedly along with 9 months on a mild anti-depressant. I also had crippling irritable bowel at the same time and now I probably only have one or two attacks a year, usually because I've eaten something I shouldn't rather than stress-related. It's nasty but by nipping it in the bud and taking some positive action can be sorted out easily. Good luck!

Thanks hun, will take all of that onboard :) maybe I can investigate swimming as something for us to do of an evening... is it better for me to leave him on his own to do something though or should I be there with him? xxx

Yeh it will, and hes such a horrible person to me, I'll give him one chance when the baby comes, and if he messes up he messes up. But the fact my baby is part of him makes me quite upset and i think thats maybe why i have struggled to bond with her.

Ceecee i would go for the exercise too, i started going to the gym and it helped me so much. But i honestly think now you both know it will be a lot easier. Make sure neither of you go to bed with any niggling thoughts and worries because then he will almost certainly wake up with a headache xxx

Thanks hun :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with FOB. Hopefully he'll buck up his ideas when Esme is here :) xxx

Thanks hun :hugs: maybe I should make a lasagne or moussaka and just hide loads of vegetables in there lol I think I could hide peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, errr and possible some other vegetables in those!! XXX

Thanks hun, will take all of that onboard :) maybe I can investigate swimming as something for us to do of an evening... is it better for me to leave him on his own to do something though or should I be there with him? xxx

Thanks hun :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with FOB. Hopefully he'll buck up his ideas when Esme is here :) xxx

Your the first person to call her by her name, eeeeeeeeeeeee it sounds so real!!!! Good luck with the ideas xxx

Aww Im glad things are ok CeeCee, at least it is something that can be worked on. It must be a relief for you and him.

My OH is on a health kick this week, he wouldnt let me have KFC yesterday as we already had chinese this weekend, I got a major strop on but at least I saved a tenner haha.

Now how is this for bloody sad? I quite fancy quickly popping in town for a look in my lunch hour but I got up late today so my hair is a mess and I just look distinctly average. My OH's ex works in the town and she always looks glam :growlmad: and I hate her :haha: So Im thinking of avoiding it until tomorrow so I can look better and flaunt my bump :wacko: Just incase I see her. I am insane!!

Hope it gets sorted with FOB Michelle, It cant be easy not knowing what will happen :hugs:

I know its funny when somebody calls bubs by their name. First time my mam said it I was like "wow thats actually her name now!" Xxx

Aww Im glad things are ok CeeCee, at least it is something that can be worked on. It must be a relief for you and him.

My OH is on a health kick this week, he wouldnt let me have KFC yesterday as we already had chinese this weekend, I got a major strop on but at least I saved a tenner haha.

Now how is this for bloody sad? I quite fancy quickly popping in town for a look in my lunch hour but I got up late today so my hair is a mess and I just look distinctly average. My OH's ex works in the town and she always looks glam :growlmad: and I hate her :haha: So Im thinking of avoiding it until tomorrow so I can look better and flaunt my bump :wacko: Just incase I see her. I am insane!!

Hope it gets sorted with FOB Michelle, It cant be easy not knowing what will happen :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs:

Lol not sad at all. I've been known to apply fake tan, make up, etc and get dressed up in a gorgeous summer dress and heels just to go the post office so that if I ran into DH's ex I would know I looked good lol. When did I run into her? When I was sweaty in my gym kit after running 6 miles with a face like a flamingo and smelling to high heaven lol. So no, not sad, I think its what us females do lol XXX

Haha, not sad at all!!!

Thank you, the one thing i do know is that i will always be there :) xxxx

I'm 31 weeks and my ticker has moved up a box!!! Getting closer now ladies!!! Can you beleive that in a few months we'll have mini me's? real little people to look after??? Eeek!!!

OMG Yasmin! I hadn't noticed that our boxes had moved until you said! :wacko: How cool is that? Mini me's here we come!! XXX

Lol not sad at all. I've been known to apply fake tan, make up, etc and get dressed up in a gorgeous summer dress and heels just to go the post office so that if I ran into DH's ex I would know I looked good lol. When did I run into her? When I was sweaty in my gym kit after running 6 miles with a face like a flamingo and smelling to high heaven lol. So no, not sad, I think its what us females do lol XXX

Haha that is what I do. Last time I saw her, I seen her boyfriend first and was staring at him trying to work out how I know him and then seen her and realised who he was so it looked like I was gawking her man, plus I had gone to the shops to get some Always Ultra so I hid around for ages at the back of the shop until they left. Its my little local shop and they were in there for ages, you'd thought they were doing their weeks shop!!! Then it probably looked like I was hiding from her as I hung around the freaking butchers counter for like 10 hours.
I hate ex girlfriends :haha:

I'm 31 weeks and my ticker has moved up a box!!! Getting closer now ladies!!! Can you beleive that in a few months we'll have mini me's? real little people to look after??? Eeek!!!

Oooooooooooooo I would love a mini me, i dont mean to wish the time away at all but i cant wait till like next year when theyre walking and begining to talk etc. I plan ahead too much but i so want to go away on holiday next year with her and the boyfriend, and most babies go free wheyyyyyyyyyyy xxxxx

Yeap those boxes are moving as we get further along! I love reading the little weekly info they give us too!

Ceecee glad about the boss and pay!! Also glad to hear that DH is ok (ish!) Stress is nasty, my DH starts to vomit and get ill when he feels under tremendous amounts of stress. It’s emotional but the physical manifestations add to it! but hey you can deal with it now :)

Ex’s and their OH’s! I think it’s natural to want to look your best and feel confident! I’ve never bumped into either but wow my ex was such scum I feel sorry for his OH more than anything.

Swimming would be good, you can do it together but you also get some time to your own 'thoughts' if you see what I mean? Relaxing too. At first it helped to have other people around me to talk to me about 'normal' things and to try and take my mind off stuff - as I got better I was able to do more by myself, like the yoga etc. I think at first it was very difficult to see through the fuzziness but in reality if I'd been left on my own it would have taken a lot longer to sort myself out. I was a complete mess though.

I guess my main advice is to be gentle - talk about normal things and be supportive without being in his face too much. You'll naturally be v. worried about him but don't let him see it, be subtle in the diet changes etc - use our womanly ways to guide him down life's correct paths, haha! The more I think about it (I don't think about it often, it was a horrible time) my mum completely saved me. She took it easy, let me sit around the house in a grey tracksuit moping and crying non-stop for about a month before gradually she started taking me out - a garden centre cafe here, a trip to grandma's there - she watched me like a hawk as I ate little bird-like portions of food, and basically kept me alive. Now I'm not suggesting your hubby is anything like as bad as I was but the principles are the same - I think the more you have people telling you to do stuff, the more under pressure you are so you have to be subtle. One day at a time, etc etc. Hope he's on the mend soon - I'd give it maybe 6 weeks to get some dietary and exercise changes and if you're not seeing a difference, get in touch with the doctor again. I'm pretty sure you will do though. :) Or I can send my mum round?! Between me and my dad we've made her an expert!

As for exes, I am super-lucky - my husband only had one girlfriend for about 6 months, possibly ever although we've never discussed it, and nobody knows where she lives or what she does these days! I can't even remember her name! I think he married me because I was the first one that came along, haha!

Haha that is what I do. Last time I saw her, I seen her boyfriend first and was staring at him trying to work out how I know him and then seen her and realised who he was so it looked like I was gawking her man, plus I had gone to the shops to get some Always Ultra so I hid around for ages at the back of the shop until they left. Its my little local shop and they were in there for ages, you'd thought they were doing their weeks shop!!! Then it probably looked like I was hiding from her as I hung around the freaking butchers counter for like 10 hours.
I hate ex girlfriends :haha:

Oooooooooooooo I would love a mini me, i dont mean to wish the time away at all but i cant wait till like next year when theyre walking and begining to talk etc. I plan ahead too much but i so want to go away on holiday next year with her and the boyfriend, and most babies go free wheyyyyyyyyyyy xxxxx

Swimming would be good, you can do it together but you also get some time to your own 'thoughts' if you see what I mean? Relaxing too. At first it helped to have other people around me to talk to me about 'normal' things and to try and take my mind off stuff - as I got better I was able to do more by myself, like the yoga etc. I think at first it was very difficult to see through the fuzziness but in reality if I'd been left on my own it would have taken a lot longer to sort myself out. I was a complete mess though.

I guess my main advice is to be gentle - talk about normal things and be supportive without being in his face too much. You'll naturally be v. worried about him but don't let him see it, be subtle in the diet changes etc - use our womanly ways to guide him down life's correct paths, haha! The more I think about it (I don't think about it often, it was a horrible time) my mum completely saved me. She took it easy, let me sit around the house in a grey tracksuit moping and crying non-stop for about a month before gradually she started taking me out - a garden centre cafe here, a trip to grandma's there - she watched me like a hawk as I ate little bird-like portions of food, and basically kept me alive. Now I'm not suggesting your hubby is anything like as bad as I was but the principles are the same - I think the more you have people telling you to do stuff, the more under pressure you are so you have to be subtle. One day at a time, etc etc. Hope he's on the mend soon - I'd give it maybe 6 weeks to get some dietary and exercise changes and if you're not seeing a difference, get in touch with the doctor again. I'm pretty sure you will do though. :) Or I can send my mum round?! Between me and my dad we've made her an expert!

As for exes, I am super-lucky - my husband only had one girlfriend for about 6 months, possibly ever although we've never discussed it, and nobody knows where she lives or what she does these days! I can't even remember her name! I think he married me because I was the first one that came along, haha!

Thank you so much for your advice hun. I really appreciate it, I've been through very mild stress before but DH is a totally different kettle of fish - just want to help him. Give me a couple of weeks and if not I'll put in an order for your mum - she sounds ace!! XXX

Do you think we will always class ourselves as limbo ladies, even when were 39 weeks? Lol.

Annnnnnnnnd has anyone elses belly button NOT popped out? Mine is still well and truly in there. xxxxxx

Woo hoo, look at those boxes moving on!! :)
Hello girls, I'm so tired, not sure how I will make it through the rest of today, plus we have our first ante natal class tonight, now I'm worried the classes are going to scare me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->