Limbo Ladies!!

I have decided that today we must discuss a v. important question. Ladies: who are your weird crushes? I have several, in no particular order:

1. Heston Blumenthal
2. Professor Brian Cox
3. Steve Buscemi but ONLY when he is in Boardwalk Empire as he looks weird the rest of the time. I think it must be the suits.

Over to you. This is one of my favourite topics of conversation.

Ok i fancy -

1. Max from eastenders hehe, i think he looks like Heston

I just got an email to say that I should be thinking about packing my hospital bag!! Eeek!!!!

So here is what was recommended;

Labour
• Car parking money
• Baggy T-shirt (one of your partner's?) to wear in labour.
• Warm socks and sweatshirt (you may feel chilly in strong labour).
• Hairbrush and Hair bands (keep hair off your face).
• Toothbrush and toothpaste.
• Face cloth.
• Lipsalve.
• Unscented massage oil (baby needs mum to smell like mum).
• High-energy snacks for you and your labour partner.
• Fruit drinks for both of you.
• Magazines, jigsaws, games (for early first stage).
• Camera to capture that first precious picture.
• CD/MP3 player.
• TENS machine.
Afterwards
• Nightie, pyjamas and light dressing gown (postnatal wards are hot).
• Wash bag with make-up, deodorant, brush.
• Disposable knickers.
• Large-size maternity pads.
• Nursing bra and breast pads.
• Nappies and clothes for your baby.
• Coins for phone.
• Books/magazines.
• Important phone numbers.
• Your favourite treat - you deserve it!

My weird crushes are

1. The Undertaker from WWE wrestling, he is a lusher

2. I also fancy Max Branning, Im partial to ginger men :winkwink: (see above, Undertaker is a ginge as is OH)

3. Lee Evans, he is so funny, any man who can make you laugh like that can get in my pants haha We are going to see him in August for our 5 year anniversary, cannae wait!!

Will try to think of some more.

Ive been looking at the sticky thread in 3rd Tri today about hospital bags, I have bought some big pants and jammies so far.

The Undertaker incase you have never seen him

Attachments

• undertaker.jpg
    undertaker.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
God, we haven't even decorated the nursery, bought any furniture or a buggy yet! I'll be packing my hospital bag in between contractions, at the same time as washing the baby clothes and ironing its bedding. My 4 weeks of pre-due date maternity leave are intended to be used for watching all the girly films (inc. all Harry Potters) I've missed in the last 7 years since meeting my husband! It's going to be a sob-athon!

1. Max from eastenders hehe, i think he looks like Heston
I've just had to do a Google Images search for this bloke as I've not watched Eastenders coincidentally in the last 7 years since meeting my husband! You're right, he does have a look of Heston although I want to cuddle him less. Lol.

I am going to have to pay more attention to the constant wrestling on our telly now for this Undertaker chappy! I have seen a few hotties on it before. Those matches between the women on it are awful, just hair-pulling and screaming. My all-time favourite rugby player is ginge too, I know where you're coming from with that one!

And I have literally just remembered that we're going to watch John Bishop tomorrow night! I'll be typing with a scouse accent on Friday!

Morning ladies.

Hope your all ok today :)

Im very very annoyed at my boyfriend, we fell out over another hypothetical conversation, much like the marriage one. We were talking about meeting up with friends, as im seeing 2 of my old male flatmates tomorrow, and i said i hope this doesnt bother you. It didnt, but i said it would bother me if he met up with certain girls, and i named the girl he had cheated on me with (this happened about 18 months ago i had forgiven him for the cheating but still dont like this girl) anyway he couldnt understand why it would bother me, as theyre only friends and i said 'because you cheated on me with her' and his initial response was 'that was over a year ago!'
argh, i just put the phone down on him. The cheating isnt the issue, weve worked through that and i know he loves me, but i wont let him shrug it off like it means nothing.

God these arugments sound so petty dont they, i know we will be fine when i finally see him in a couple of days, but....seriously.....MEN! Im waiting for him to respond now to my angry text i sent at about 2 because i couldnt sleep lol. xxxx

Men - can't live with them can't shoot them!! Hope it all gets sorted hun XXX

Morning everyone!

Michelle I don't think men really get these kinds of things like we do, to him he's probably just thinking that all's well now, he is only friends with this girl and because he has male tunnel vision can't understand or work out how you could possibly not be happy with this situation. Most men can't remember what they did last week, let alone last year. Phone conversations are so difficult with this sort of thing, speak to him about it when you see him maybe but from your post yesterday you may have more important things to be getting on with... tee hee.

Am excited for lunch today, meeting up with my old secretary who was fortunate enough to escape last year and we're having dim sum - first dim sum lunch since about February! I ate so much of it during the space of a week for Chinese New Year I've not felt like it since! Om nom nom!

Man you've just made me extremely hungry lol!! xxx

Morning ladies, how are we all today?

Im not too bad really, had a sort of distirbed nights sleep but that was to do with the little lady getting in and out of my bed. I dont do it often but I had a coffee with actual caffiene today :shock: :haha: It was needed.

I understand where you are coming from Michelle, men just dont get it. No way would my OH be going near a girl if he had cheated on me with her whether we had worked through it or not. When my OHs ex was going all psycho chico a few years back and kept ringing our house, I found out he had rang her back. He kept saying it was innocent as she had wanted his dads number, uh no1, I dont care and no2, it took him two weeks to tell me so it was obvious he knew it was wrong. :dohh: Men.

We had a petty argument last night as he woke me up as I fell asleep on the sofa, he went out to lock up and came back to fine me still snoozing, he shouted 'get up' I jumped feet and then promptly started to tell him he could injure the baby doing that and making me jump and shouting :blush: Shouldnt have really said it but I was half asleep and mad so then it descended into a stupid argument about everything then. He did cuddle me this morning though in bed so I think it all been forgotten lol.

I just had abloke come into work, nice enough but his breath was rancid, urg he has turned my stomach :sick:

Lol the amount of stuff I've said to DH when he's woken me up... I'm amazed he still loves me lol XXX

I have decided that today we must discuss a v. important question. Ladies: who are your weird crushes? I have several, in no particular order:

1. Heston Blumenthal
2. Professor Brian Cox
3. Steve Buscemi but ONLY when he is in Boardwalk Empire as he looks weird the rest of the time. I think it must be the suits.

Over to you. This is one of my favourite topics of conversation.

Hmmmm weird crushes....

I don't think I really have any weird ones...

Gino D'campo?? Is that weird?? Lol

My main crushes of the moment though are Gerard Pique, Patrizio Buanne and Andy Whitfield (As Spartacus).

My weird crushes are

1. The Undertaker from WWE wrestling, he is a lusher

2. I also fancy Max Branning, Im partial to ginger men :winkwink: (see above, Undertaker is a ginge as is OH)

3. Lee Evans, he is so funny, any man who can make you laugh like that can get in my pants haha We are going to see him in August for our 5 year anniversary, cannae wait!!

Will try to think of some more.

Ive been looking at the sticky thread in 3rd Tri today about hospital bags, I have bought some big pants and jammies so far.

The Undertaker incase you have never seen him

Lol partial to ginger men eh?? Bet you like Ron Weasley too dontcha?? XXX

Was always more a fan of the rock wrestling wise... :blush:

https://www.impeccabledwaynejohnson.org/idjgalleries/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=8&pos=0

I just got an email to say that I should be thinking about packing my hospital bag!! Eeek!!!!

So here is what was recommended;

Labour
• Car parking money
• Baggy T-shirt (one of your partner's?) to wear in labour.
• Warm socks and sweatshirt (you may feel chilly in strong labour).
• Hairbrush and Hair bands (keep hair off your face).
• Toothbrush and toothpaste.
• Face cloth.
• Lipsalve.
• Unscented massage oil (baby needs mum to smell like mum).
• High-energy snacks for you and your labour partner.
• Fruit drinks for both of you.
• Magazines, jigsaws, games (for early first stage).
• Camera to capture that first precious picture.
• CD/MP3 player.
• TENS machine.
Afterwards
• Nightie, pyjamas and light dressing gown (postnatal wards are hot).
• Wash bag with make-up, deodorant, brush.
• Disposable knickers.
• Large-size maternity pads.
• Nursing bra and breast pads.
• Nappies and clothes for your baby.
• Coins for phone.
• Books/magazines.
• Important phone numbers.
• Your favourite treat - you deserve it!

I'm making sure to pack my fave shower/bath gel and moisturiser - Satsuma from the Body Shop. Always perks me up! I figure that is a time and place for perking up lol I'm going to start packing mine either this weekend or next as MW said she doesn't think Jess is going to wait til 40 weeks :shock:

Morning ladies!

I can't catch up :( I'm so sorry incase I've missed something important but I cannot get my head round it so I'm gonna start afresh and try to keep up now.

My weird crushes........ DEFINATELY Colin Firth, Liam Neeson..... not so weird Robert Pattinson (even outwith Edward Cullen because he's soo funny) Jason Statham, Gerard Butler. There are actually so many but those are my faves I think!

I'm going out for a chinese buffet with my mum today, can't wait :happydance: I haven't had a chinese since I got that bone in my curry :sick: But I think I'm ready for one now lol.

Can't believe I'm 3 days away from being an official 3rd trimester-er! Got baby girls hospital bag packed but gonna do mine now and gonna buy all my stuff next wage so it's done! Baby girl still doesn't have a name lol I'm thinking between Leah Grace Gemma Muir and Aimee/Ami/Amy Grace Gemma Muir - opinions please?

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank you ladies, I think I'd go certifiably insane if it wasn't for you lot :blush: Love you all xxx

What makes the midwife think she isn't going to wait?

I need to start buying for my bag... I dont even have a bag! I'm just going to use the ones we take on holidays for hand luggage.

I'm drawing up my list now... I should be working but my head feels heavy and eyes are tired :(

Things to pack for hospital!
Me
• Slippers
• Dressing gown
• 3x nighties
• Lots of BIG pants
• Sanitary towels
• Maternity Towels
• Socks
• Nursing bra & normal bra x2
• Pyjamas
• Shower Gel
• Shampoo
• Face cloth
• Tooth brush
• Tooth paste
• Going home outfit (me)
• Glasses
• Lenses and Solution
• Bobbles and Hairbrush
• Towels
• Breast pads
• Deodorant

Baby
• 3x sleepsuits - y
• 3x bodysuits - y
• 2x scratch mitts - y
• 2x hats - y
• Nappies - y
• Wipes - y
• Car Seat - y
• Coming home outfit - y
• Cardigan - y
• Dummies - y
• 3x socks - y
• Blanket - y

This is my list if you wanna look :flower: (y next to things means it's packed :happydance:) xxx

Morning ladies!

I can't catch up :( I'm so sorry incase I've missed something important but I cannot get my head round it so I'm gonna start afresh and try to keep up now.

My weird crushes........ DEFINATELY Colin Firth, Liam Neeson..... not so weird Robert Pattinson (even outwith Edward Cullen because he's soo funny) Jason Statham, Gerard Butler. There are actually so many but those are my faves I think!

I'm going out for a chinese buffet with my mum today, can't wait :happydance: I haven't had a chinese since I got that bone in my curry :sick: But I think I'm ready for one now lol.

Can't believe I'm 3 days away from being an official 3rd trimester-er! Got baby girls hospital bag packed but gonna do mine now and gonna buy all my stuff next wage so it's done! Baby girl still doesn't have a name lol I'm thinking between Leah Grace Gemma Muir and Aimee/Ami/Amy Grace Gemma Muir - opinions please?

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank you ladies, I think I'd go certifiably insane if it wasn't for you lot :blush: Love you all xxx

OMG Jason Statham and Gerard Butler aren't weird crushed !! They're bleeding gorgeous!! I like Leah and Amy hun but sounds like you're not sure if you've found the perfect name yet? Aww and I love you too Claire :hugs: xxxx

What makes the midwife think she isn't going to wait?

I need to start buying for my bag... I dont even have a bag! I'm just going to use the ones we take on holidays for hand luggage.

I'm drawing up my list now... I should be working but my head feels heavy and eyes are tired :(

MW said that Jess has been in head down position since 25 weeks ish and she's written in my notes "3/5 engaged, PTL Possible" :wacko:

ETA: Lol but MW just said "I sense an early bird here!" I was too deep in thought to ask why lol

I know they're not weird, that's why I said 'not so weird' :rofl: hehe.

I love those names but I can't put one of them to my baby, don't know what's going on with my head, feels a bit 'buzzy' lol. I'm sure she'll have a name at some point! xxx

Amy Grace Gemma is very pretty, I vote that!

And I am now certifiably weird with my crushes as you all have hot blokes on your lists (with the exception of Barbles and her Undertaker!)! My friends all think my crushes are mad also.

My imaginary hospital bag list also contains a pair of cheap flip flops to wear in the shower to avoid my feet touching the floor (thanks to my mum for this slightly obsessive trait) and Dettol wipes to clean any bath I am getting into/baby's cot etc... God help me when I am a mother.

I know they're not weird, that's why I said 'not so weird' :rofl: hehe.

I love those names but I can't put one of them to my baby, don't know what's going on with my head, feels a bit 'buzzy' lol. I'm sure she'll have a name at some point! xxx

You'll find the perfect name hun :) Did you try looking at other nationalities just in case? One of my faves (which everybody seemed to dislike lol) was Erika which is Germanic/Norse in origin. I LOVED that name lol, DH 'liked' but wouldn't go for it lol. XXX

Oh dear, the hospital bag is actually the last thing on my mind at the moment. I have so many other things i need to sort out, and its getting ever so close now. Eeeeek.

Instead i am now planning the baby shower, I know traditionally your friends plan it, but all my friends are on final placements and are uber busy, and i just want to plan a fun day, and also as a way of thanking everybody for being there for me :)

Any good ideas for games?

And whoever said Lee Evans.....YES YES YES. I would so volunteer to wipe his sweaty brow.

xxxxxx

And I am now certifiably weird with my crushes as you all have hot blokes on your lists (with the exception of Barbles and her Undertaker!)! My friends all think my crushes are mad also.

My imaginary hospital bag list also contains a pair of cheap flip flops to wear in the shower to avoid my feet touching the floor (thanks to my mum for this slightly obsessive trait) and Dettol wipes to clean any bath I am getting into/baby's cot etc... God help me when I am a mother.

I always wear flip flops in a shower thats not my own (or my mam's or MILS lol) and carry anti-bacterial hand gel, wet wipes and dettol wipes with me everywhere. Have done for years. I dislike unclean things lol

Oh dear, the hospital bag is actually the last thing on my mind at the moment. I have so many other things i need to sort out, and its getting ever so close now. Eeeeek.

Instead i am now planning the baby shower, I know traditionally your friends plan it, but all my friends are on final placements and are uber busy, and i just want to plan a fun day, and also as a way of thanking everybody for being there for me :)

Any good ideas for games?

And whoever said Lee Evans.....YES YES YES. I would so volunteer to wipe his sweaty brow.

xxxxxx

https://www.baby-shower-ideas.org.uk/baby-shower-games/index.htm

Don't know if this will help but just found a link on a quick google search XX

Ahaha! I wash my hands obsessively and already have dettol surface cleaners for the hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->