Limbo Ladies!!

Here's my list so far... anything missed?

Labour

Maternity Notes and Birth Plan
Baggy T-shirt to wear in labour
Warm socks and sweatshirt (you may feel chilly in strong labour)
Water spray
Hot water bottle
Pillows
Tissue/Water bottle
Hairbrush and Hair bands (keep hair off your face)
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Face cloth.
Lipsalve
High-energy snacks for you and your labour partner
Fruit drinks for both of you
Camera to capture that first precious picture
CD/MP3 player
Matress protector
Pump and Bottle

Afterwards

Nightie, pyjamas and light dressing gown
Disposable knickers
Large-size maternity pads
Nursing bra and breast pads
Nipple Cream
Slippers
Flip flops
Ear plugs
Wash bag with make-up, deodorant, brush
Nice soap
Face wipes/cleanser
Shampoo & Conditioner
Moisturiser
Brush/Comb
Towel
Comfy clothes for journey home
Plastic bag for dirty clothes
Glasses
Lenses and Solution
Nipple shield
Sample Dettol cleaner

Baby

Nappies and clothes for your baby.
2/3 Vests
2/3 Sleepsuits
2/3 Hats
2/3 Hats
Blanket for coming home
Outfit for coming home
Nappies
Cotton wool (some hospitals don't like you using wipes on newborns)
Nappy sacks
Wash things
Towel/Flannel
Nappy cream
Baby wipes

Am so relieved I'm not alone, haha! I'm pretty sure that if you're packing hospital bags ladies you cannot seriously be in limbo! Although I am happy to stay here for some time yet...

Im never leaving, im sure we will be limboing between pregnancy and mother hood soon enough. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I refuse to leave limbo and nobody can make me lol I may be 32 weeks pregnant but I still don't quite feel ready for labour talks and stuff yet!! Lol I'll be continuing this until I'm a mummy and then I'll introduce weight loss into the limbo thread lol this thread could go for YEARS yet lol xxx

I'm pretty sure we'll all be forever limboing between one thing and another! People in third trimester forum seem so serious....possibly because they're all giving birth though. I don't want to even contemplate that just yet!

Aww, had an email from our wedding photographer this morning telling us about his new blog. It's made me all nostalgic, reminiscing about our wedding day. It wasn't the most polished of days and assorted things went wrong but whenever I think about it it was just brilliant, we had such a good time and it was so lovely and nice. *sigh* People still talk about it 2 years on which must be a good sign. Even the head chef was dancing with my grandma, both plastered, at 2am. Good times!

Dont forget your toothbrush!!! I forgot mine and my mouth tasted like ass afterwards so never forget your toothbrush!!!!!

Will be back in a few mins, leaving work now so going to home to make a toasted bagel with philly and spring onions (OMG YUMMY) and then will sit down and catch up before I pick the monster up from nursery.

And the Undertaker is lush Vickie (haha) but I agree, most people have picked hotties anyways. Robert Pattinson, Gary Barlow and Puck, drool drool xx

At the risk of being pelted by you guys... I really don't get the fascination with Robert Pattinson. He really doesn't make my winky woo go ping I'm afraid. Puck on the other hand.... yeah he would get it :)

At the risk of being pelted by you guys... I really don't get the fascination with Robert Pattinson. He really doesn't make my winky woo go ping I'm afraid. Puck on the other hand.... yeah he would get it :)

Hmmmm i think its more of the protective qualities he has rather than his looks.

Getting a bit deep there sorry lol xxx

Hmmmm i think its more of the protective qualities he has rather than his looks.

Getting a bit deep there sorry lol xxx

That was deep lol but I totally respect your opinion hun. I think it's because I find him a bit... weedy (please don't hurt me!! Lol) I like mens men if that makes sense. Like Gerard Butler, Jason Statham, Andy Whitfield... and a few more :blush: lol well now I've put myself into a state thinking about all these gorgeous men lol

Oh yeh i get you, to be fair im not a huuuuuge fan of him. I just swooned a little in the cinema.

Im still planning all these baby shower games, i want to play them all now!!

Is anyone else having one? xxx

Oh yeh i get you, to be fair im not a huuuuuge fan of him. I just swooned a little in the cinema.

Im still planning all these baby shower games, i want to play them all now!!

Is anyone else having one? xxx

No :( I live 2 hours from all my friends and family so couldn't arrange a time and place when everybody could be in the same place at the same time lol plus running out of time a bit now with the move and everything!

What you got planned so far? xxx

I'm afraid I don't really dig Robert Pattinson either, he is slightly too boyish for me. I like my men ideally old and a bit craggy (I refer you to my initial list for evidence!). My poor husband, not sure what this says about him!

Baby shower - I doubt very much I'll be having one unless some nice person springs one on me as a surprise. My mum has no idea what it is and none of my friends (bar one) have had them either, I must know some pretty boring people. The one I did go to was good though. We each took a baby photo and pinned them to a board so people could guess who was who and at the start of the night we were each given a sticky label and told to adopt a chav baby name by which we would be known all evening. I made pink and blue cupcakes for her and we generally had a lovely time. Didn't do many games, just chatting and eating! She's a single mummy and she wanted to have one to thank all her friends for supporting her etc, it was a really nice night and everyone glammed up. And she got some lovely presents to boot!

I'm afraid I don't really dig Robert Pattinson either, he is slightly too boyish for me. I like my men ideally old and a bit craggy (I refer you to my initial list for evidence!). My poor husband, not sure what this says about him!

Baby shower - I doubt very much I'll be having one unless some nice person springs one on me as a surprise. My mum has no idea what it is and none of my friends (bar one) have had them either, I must know some pretty boring people. The one I did go to was good though. We each took a baby photo and pinned them to a board so people could guess who was who and at the start of the night we were each given a sticky label and told to adopt a chav baby name by which we would be known all evening. I made pink and blue cupcakes for her and we generally had a lovely time. Didn't do many games, just chatting and eating! She's a single mummy and she wanted to have one to thank all her friends for supporting her etc, it was a really nice night and everyone glammed up. And she got some lovely presents to boot!

Thats exactly why I want one, and I will be having it up in Leeds where i go to uni too, so it will kind of be like the end of an era and a little goodbye and a thank you to everyone, because in my head im still a single mummy, albeit im technically not.

Ive got loads on my list, so im going to run then by my housemates when they get in a see what they say :) xxx

Ha ha lol Vicki you absolutely crack me up!

Spent two hours looking for my sky remote and it was in my handbag :dohh:

Im now snuggled with my little lady watching Herbie Fully loaded for the millionth time and contemplating a nap. I think i will do the minimum housework to keep the Mr happy and then do the big clean tomorrow.

I liked a bit of Spartacus, he was hot once he cut his hair, the programme was a bit bloody for me but OH loved it. And how hot does Xena look in it, she hasnt aged at all. Did you know Spartacus has or had cancer so series two is on hold until he gets better, v sad :nope:

I got offered a baby shower but it doesnt really appeal to me <<<<< miserable git :haha:
I think we are just going to go out for a meal for a girly get together instead and for it to be an unofficial shower with no cutsy stuff and gushing. Maybe its coz im on my second but then I didnt want one with Phoebe either haha. My friend who is due the same day as me is having one though.

I have a bit of an eclectic taste when it comes to men :haha:

Just googled Andy Whitfield... nice!
Ditto, what a fox!

Dim sum lunch was amazing. I should really do some work today, not in the mood though and baby is bouncing all over the place so can't get comfy!

Love the Sky remote in handbag issue. Think of all the weird stuff you can get into your lovely Radley changing bag! We were on holiday once and when we arrived at our hotel my husband found the bath plug (it's one of those chrome ones that you raise and lower with a dial) in his washbag after I'd obviously decided that said washbag was the ideal place to store it.

Nah im not having a baby shower, 2 of my friends did offer at the start but I haven't heard anything since! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->