Limbo Ladies!!

Back ladies :) Just to clear up with the Robert Pattinson thing...... I think him as himself is sooo funny it just really gets me. And as Edward Cullen, it's more the protective side (like Michelle said) and the love he has for Bella, it's just so sweet and romantic. I fell in love watching Twilight but even more so, like 1000x more in love reading the books. If you haven't read them, do it lol.

I'm in Limbo because my ladies are here :happydance: I haven't got flip flops on my list, may need to pack a pair :dohh: Can't wait to pack my bag!!!

My lunch was lovely, chinese buffet then jelly for desert :rofl: so yummy! xxx

Claire- that food sounds loooooooovely haha. So hungry now. I've been in bed all day, just exhausted, only just got up. How awful is that.

I have calmed down since yesterday. We saw a lovely little place that was quite cheap and suited us fine. OH said not to worry that I couldn't get an overdraft, that he'd take out a loan. But his request got declined as he owes 150 on another loan. FFS. So we are literally screwed. He's started selling stuff on E bay bless him. Even his beloved guitars. even then we're only 100 pounds better off. Need an extra 900. I get paid 300 at the end of the month.. then he gets paid 1000 on Monday but 600 goes on bills etc. Fingers crossed, I just can't live at home any more. It's really stressing me out.

I will also stay here for as long as it goes on. I love this thread more than any others!

My weird crushes, and they ARE weird, I don't even understand them myself!! are David Bowie and Tim Curry HAHA
there we have it. Very weird.

I haven't succumbed to any of the Twilight/vampire-y stuff but they may go on my list of things to watch on my maternity leave sob-athon! I suspect in a few weeks I will be asking everyone for their thoughts on what I can put on this list so brace yourselves.

A further hospital bag thought - has anyone ever used one of these TENS machines or does anyone plan to? They sound quite good so I might hire one and put that on my imaginary list too.

Vicki I thought about the TENS machines but I was told by a few people they didn't help at all so I decided not to bother. I think it's one of those hit or miss things really. If you know someone who used one I'd ask them about it, it could be a case of it would work well for you so it's hard to say! xxx

I didn't know whether they might help even psychologically but having asked a few folks nobody I know has ever used one. I'd never even heard of them until I joined this forum (ditto dopplers, mucus plugs, effacing of cervixes and pretty much everything else) but I like gadgets!

Good luck with the renting situation, these things have a habit of sorting themselves out somehow. Bless him for selling some stuff, you'll get there. :) And your lie-in doesn't sound awful at all, it sounds bloody brilliant!

I forgot to mention that my first ever weird crush when I was aged about 13 was Bobby Davro. That seemed to set the standard... My parents still remind me almost weekly about this although I am grateful to my dad for not mentioning it in his father of the bride speech...

Wow, plenty to catch up on as always!!

Rachy- I'm sorry that you're still struggling with the renting situation. That really sucks, especially when you and your OH are trying so hard to get the deposit together. I hope you'll be in your place together soon, ready for your baby girl's arrival.

On the subject of crushes, mine is fairly predictable but I'm totally in love with Bradley Cooper. It really started when watching The Hangover (of all things!) but I even agreed to see The A Team film with OH last year, just so I could get a fix :haha: I do totally get the Robert Pattinson thing (he's rather scrummy) but I agree Claire- I totally fell in love with his character 1000x more when reading the books. Hmm, I feel in the mood to reread them all now!

No baby shower happening here. What with my family being 5 hours away from here and a lot of my closest friends scattered around the country, it would be a pretty poor turn out I think :wacko:

All of this hospital bag talk is scaring me slightly. I feel like I'm beginning to get relatively organised with things but I have no clue at all what I'm doing with my hospital bag. I don't even know which bag to take, let alone what I'll be packing in it! Clearly, I need to be stealing a list from one of you :winkwink:

CeeCee- you'll have us all on alert now, knowing that Jess might be making an early appearance! I think our boy will be the opposite. He keeps switching from transverse to breech- basically any position that isn't head down. I think he's going to be trouble!

I had a trip to the docs this morning as I was having sharp pains under my bump. Thankfully, it's nothing bad- I just have pelvic ligament issues :wacko: So, it's just one of those things I have to put up with but I don't mind as long as it's not affecting bubba. My doctor was lovely too, telling me to go in and see him any time I was worried about anything at all. Come to think about it, he was a rather young, cute doctor. My hormones seem to be rather excitable today :haha:

Had a mini splurge on Amazon this afternoon- bought a baby monitor and movement mat, a Yummy Mummy changing bag and a few other bits. My credit card bill is going to be bad next month :nope:

Aww Rach, I'm sorry things aren't working out as you want them tp :hugs: Hope you'll get sorted soon. And a day in bed sounds amazing lol. Go you!

Kim, sorry about your pain, I really feel it :hugs: Hope it gets better soon xxx

Thankyou Kim & Claire. Hopefully we'll be in somewhere literally when she arrives. Which sucks, and involves alot of moving stuff, but I know my OH and my parents will help out with that, and until then it looks like i'll be staying at home, just staying more at the boyfriends. However when baby comes i'll be staying with the parents as i'm sure OH's two male housemates do not want a screaming baby cramping their style.!
& my lie in was great but now I know i'll be up all hours trying to sleep, which isn't good as I have routine hospital checkup tommorow at 9am with the diabetic team and the consultant inc routine scan. Fingers crossed. Feels like she's become huge all of a sudden because my stomach feels so tight like there's no room left in there for her!

Vicki- how much are they to hire? if they're cheap i'd say give it a try, can't hurt!

Kim - I hope the pain eases soon :( poor you, aww shopping for bubs! If I didn't have to save literally every pound of my pay next month on moving out i'd be getting quite alot of stuff online!

Claire- Thankyou, I just want to have everything ready for her.

My last purchase has been the best so far. Baby bedding set, shockingly £81 but the quality is amazing and it's the sweetest thing i've ever seen. Was so happy with it when it arrived. All of the animals are made of the softest material and stick out. So cute. But if i'd have known about the previous arrangement of a cheap house through mums friend falling through leaving us in this skint no house situation, I probably would not have bought it haha.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190403247283

Ps; went on an adding spree, realised I haven't got you ladies on my friends list, hope you don't mind!

Absolutely not Rach, add away! :haha: I don't really know why we have a friends list though because it doesn't do anything, unless I'm missing something lol.

Check out my siggy ladies! :happydance: xxx

Loving the siggy Claire. :yipee:
For me I think it just makes it easier to stay in touch, and a reminder when I pop onto my profile, but yes you're right, it basically does nothing ;) xx

Lol, I don't think I speak to most of the ones on my friends list! Hehe, just my limbo ladies! xxx

I have to say same here! At least you're all on mine now so I can send you a group message if needed :D xx

OH is being very nice, (think it's because I spent 4 hours in the kitchen last night making a home made curry from scratch and ooooh god my back hurt at the end of it.)
And making lovely home made herby wedges with chicken in breadcrumbs.
Loooovely.
However the pig in me is fancying a KFC right now. Not going to happen though haha I so miss not having GD.

Great sig Claire! And add away Rachyroux :) curry sounds nice, dya have a recipe?

I improvised as I went along, and I have to admit wasn't completely from scratch, had some help with some red thai curry paste ;) but it took ages. Used:

Red thai curry paste (use however many teaspoons you want, it gets hotter as you add)
Lime leaf
lemon grass (again amount is up to you)
whole can of Coconut milk
1Table spoon of fish sauce (doesn't make the curry taste like fish, suprisingly ahha)

I used lots of veg, trying to be a good girl haha including mushrooms, potatoes, peppers, broccoli, onions.

I used 2 chicken breasts chopped which I pre cooked slightly before adding to the Main pot, lightly fried on both sides until not completely raw and pink looking.

Had to use water as I didn't have enough sauce, went too watery so I then had to use cornflower to thicken. So i'd suggest either doing that, or buying extra coconut milk as you don't use all of the red thai paste or it'll get really hot.
I put in a few cumin seeds, tumeric, 3 cloves of garlic (don't need 3 but I like garlic) and a few mini chillies but took the seeds out.

Add the salt and pepper towards the end to taste

I put the chicken in with the sauce first, added the veg shortly after, the veg takes ages to cook, didn't realise I would be in that kitchen for so long! If you just look for a basic red thai curry recipe and improvise, you'll be fine with that :) I added a few prawns to mine but that's another personal prefferance.

I cooked it on a low heat as slow cooking makes the chicken really nice and soft, just make sure to check on it now and then to stir, or veg will end up sticking to the bottom of the pan !

xx

It was nice, but not 4 hours worth of nice! hahah
If I had enough money i'd make chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham with soft cheese in the middle. My favouriteeee. Hungry now! haha.

Wow Rachy, I reckon Masterchef is calling ;) That curry sounds amazing!! We've been exceptionally lazy tonight and went to the road to our local for their cheapy carvery. Stuffed now! The bedding you've chosen is absolutely stunning- I absolutely love it. Wonder if I could get away with that bedding on my boy's cot? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->