Limbo Ladies!!

Lol sounds like we're all going to slimming world! Well I've seen your pics Yasmin and you're bloody gorgeous too sunshine!

Well in which case Claire I'm going to give you daily compliments until you get better at receiving them!! Job done!

I'm giving myself 9 months to get the weight off and hoping I can do it in that time! I'm hoping that a bit comes off after Jess is born lol - a stone or a stone and a half would be nice!! that would only leave 5/5.5 stone left to shift lol

I'm totally going to Slimming World too! I cannot CANNOT wait!!!!!

Lol, ceecee! I wish my hubby would pay me a compliment every now and again, then I might believe it :shrug: I tell him he looks lovely all the time and he does but I only get a compliment if I fish for one. Might need to have a chat about that one :dohh:

Thanks Ceecee xx

So what's for lunch?!

I have no idea what I'm going to eat but I know I'm going to costa's to get a berry cooler - I've been craving one since I woke up this morning lol My taste buds are crying out for one!!

And you're more than welcome my lovely! :) X

Hmmm looks like a pret lunch for me again.

So has any done slimming world before? How does it work? I've done weight watchers but I dont want to count points after birth.

I'm totally going to Slimming World too! I cannot CANNOT wait!!!!!

MrsPOP!! How are you hun?! Hows mat leave treating you? Still well I hope :) XXX

Lol, ceecee! I wish my hubby would pay me a compliment every now and again, then I might believe it :shrug: I tell him he looks lovely all the time and he does but I only get a compliment if I fish for one. Might need to have a chat about that one :dohh:

I think you do need to have a chat about it hun. I know men are men and to be honest my DH was USELESS in the beginning but because he had been with his ex so long and they'd fallen out of love with each other they just stopped complimenting each other and then he forgot to pick the habit back up when he started dating me lol. Eventually I had it out with him when he called me beautiful for the first time and I ended up crying lol. I told him it was the first time he'd ever said it and it made me feel so wonderful I just wish he would tell me nice things more. Now not a day goes by where he doesn't tell me something nice and I always tell him he's gorgeous and what a lovely bum he has lol TMI but he does have a gorgeous bum and legs yummy!! Anywho, it's important to you hun that he says nice things and I think thats why you put yourself down so much because you don't hear nice things from the one person who should be telling you the most. xxx

yes like yasmin says how does slimming world actually work?!

P.s. sorry claire if I'm too agony aunt-like today I must be having a 'venting' day or something! Sorry XXX

Ladies, I must share with you this link my friend just sent me - the best shoes I have ever seen and cute whatever colour your bump!

https://www.inch-blue.com/uk/category/shoes-0-to-2-years

My mother-in-law does Slimming World (badly) and it does seem quite easy - it's either a red day or a green day and you decide how many of each day you want to do. There is then a list of 'syns' and you can have so many of those a day. So if you had a green day but you added a sausage to your meal that would class as a syn maybe? I'm not actually sure. But anyway, it seems a lot easier than WW and when dealing with a newborn the last thing I want to be doing is averaging out my points for the week so I know when I can have half a Twix. That said, I'm going to try just eating healthily and interval running again when I've recovered from birth/first month or so and see how I go. Essentially all diets are the same I've found - eat less, move more. My husband just told his mum to give him £4 a week instead and he'd tell her this sage advice.

Hmmm looks like a pret lunch for me again.

So has any done slimming world before? How does it work? I've done weight watchers but I dont want to count points after birth.

I done it before I fell pregnant. Basically you have red and green days where you can have more meat one day and more pasta etc the next, but I haven't ever done those ones. I done extra easy, which is extra easy! Basically, al your fruit and veg are free, all meats with fat trimmed off, potatoes, low fat super noodles, dried noodles so you can have stir fry, and soo much more. I love it because you don't need to weigh anything like meats, veg etc. There are a few exceptions but I can't really remember alot of it :dohh: my memory is awful just now! Lol. I love it and can't wait to get back xxx

And ceecee, I just love how you take the time to really reply, it's one thing I'm not very good at lol.You're totally right, I need to talk to him about it. I don't think we've fallen out of love, I love him very much and I'm sure he loves me too. But being parents we've taken a back step in our relationship and it's quite hard to get it back on track right now, especially since I'm pregnant, tired, sore and grumpy............ I really need to work on my wifely skills lol xxx

:waves: hey ceecee! Yeah I'm fine, mat leave has been ok so far, just so glad not to be stressing bout stupid work (although have to go in tomorrow morning :haha:). I'm going for a bridesmaid's dress fitting today, so I'm hoping to get some pics of me at 7 months pg in a BRIGHT PINK maxi length dress....I'm going to look like a total nobhead!!! :rofl:

slimming work is fab. You have the choice of 'green' days, 'red days' and 'extra easy'. Green days is where all your carbs are free foods (meaning you can eat as much as you want) and you can have a minimal portion of meat, red days are where all your meat is free and you can have a minimal portion of carbs, veg and most fruits are free on both days. And then you have 'healthy extras' which allows you 1 or 2 portions from each column of calcium or fibre rich foods (like bread, cereal, milk, cheese) and then you have 'syns' which are for the naughty things like fats and oils and treats and you can have 5-15 syns a day. Extra easy is where you can combine your carbs and meat but you have to have 'superfree' foods taking up 1/3rd of your plate to promote speedy weight loss.

It sounds complicated but honestly, it works. And you never ever go hungry.

A typical day for me (I used to do green days) were:

bowl of bran flakes and milk (healthy extras)

vegetable pasta or chicken and veg pasta or tuna pasta (the meat was a healthy extra and Mayo is syns)
fruit
yoghurt (muller lights are all free)

jacket potato and beans
spag bol (quorn is a free food)

Thanks for the info Claire and MrsPop.

I will go to a few classes and see how it goes after birth. My hubby wants to go to visit his family (abroad) about 4/5 months after baby is born so I want to lose weight for that. They are very honest and will tell me to my face if I have put on weight... not in a bad way but just to comment on the change. They aren't mean or horrible at all but I want to be able to feel good when I go there.

Well all this chat about healthy eating has inspired me. I'm off to Pizza Express for a big pizza in a minute! I am feeling so shamed! But nevertheless still cramming it all in before tomorrow...

Has anyone seen Samira recently?! She seems to have disappeared. Was wondering how her photoshoot thing went.

Enjoy your pizza Vicki! And I love your siggy! Lol xxx

I'm not sure where Samira has got to but she's fine, I have her on Facebook and the shoot went well :thumbup: xxx

And ceecee, I just love how you take the time to really reply, it's one thing I'm not very good at lol.You're totally right, I need to talk to him about it. I don't think we've fallen out of love, I love him very much and I'm sure he loves me too. But being parents we've taken a back step in our relationship and it's quite hard to get it back on track right now, especially since I'm pregnant, tired, sore and grumpy............ I really need to work on my wifely skills lol xxx

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you'd fallen out of love with each other hun, just saying that my hubby did with his ex if that makes sense. I think you both love each other you've both just forgotten how to show each other. And you're pregnant sunshine. We're all grumpy,t ired, sore etc... men are supposed to look after us when we are like this lol. So don't put yourself under pressure to be more this or more that because you will end up being exhausted!! A good chat is in order me thinks hun and I know you can sort it all out XXX

:waves: hey ceecee! Yeah I'm fine, mat leave has been ok so far, just so glad not to be stressing bout stupid work (although have to go in tomorrow morning :haha:). I'm going for a bridesmaid's dress fitting today, so I'm hoping to get some pics of me at 7 months pg in a BRIGHT PINK maxi length dress....I'm going to look like a total nobhead!!! :rofl:

slimming work is fab. You have the choice of 'green' days, 'red days' and 'extra easy'. Green days is where all your carbs are free foods (meaning you can eat as much as you want) and you can have a minimal portion of meat, red days are where all your meat is free and you can have a minimal portion of carbs, veg and most fruits are free on both days. And then you have 'healthy extras' which allows you 1 or 2 portions from each column of calcium or fibre rich foods (like bread, cereal, milk, cheese) and then you have 'syns' which are for the naughty things like fats and oils and treats and you can have 5-15 syns a day. Extra easy is where you can combine your carbs and meat but you have to have 'superfree' foods taking up 1/3rd of your plate to promote speedy weight loss.

It sounds complicated but honestly, it works. And you never ever go hungry.

A typical day for me (I used to do green days) were:

bowl of bran flakes and milk (healthy extras)

vegetable pasta or chicken and veg pasta or tuna pasta (the meat was a healthy extra and Mayo is syns)
fruit
yoghurt (muller lights are all free)

jacket potato and beans
spag bol (quorn is a free food)

Ooh indeed thanks for the girlies - sounds easy enough to follow. Maybe I shall by the magazine first and see how I go with that!! Ooh I so want to see a picture of this dress lol !! XXX

Thanks for the info Claire and MrsPop.

I will go to a few classes and see how it goes after birth. My hubby wants to go to visit his family (abroad) about 4/5 months after baby is born so I want to lose weight for that. They are very honest and will tell me to my face if I have put on weight... not in a bad way but just to comment on the change. They aren't mean or horrible at all but I want to be able to feel good when I go there.

My brother in laws wedding is in October so I'm hoping that I may be able to have dropped around 2.5 stone by then! Fingers crossed I can get some speedy weight loss or else everybody will be looking at me funny cos everybody else in the family is stick thin lol

Well all this chat about healthy eating has inspired me. I'm off to Pizza Express for a big pizza in a minute! I am feeling so shamed! But nevertheless still cramming it all in before tomorrow...

Has anyone seen Samira recently?! She seems to have disappeared. Was wondering how her photoshoot thing went.

Samira is fine hun, she's just been away all over easter etc. She's a busy bee on facebook so I will tell her to get her butt back on here pronto! :) Mmmm pizza... I could so eat a proper italian style ham and mushroom pizza right now!! I have a real craving for mushrooms, fish and 3 berry fruit coolers of late lol Why are all my cravings bloody healthy lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->