Limbo Ladies!!

Every now and then Jayden will stay with hubbys mum and dad and we'll go to the pics or something. But that's rare, and we struggle a bit with money, a trip to the pics these days costs about £30-40! Lol better getting a dvd and a takeaway. Going out for dinner is even more expensive lol. We'll figure something out I'm sure. I'm just glad he's understanding instead of brushing it off like he's done before xxx

I know this sounds really stupid (because most people laugh when I say this) but when me and DH had just got married and we were short on money we used to plan a 'free' date night once a week taking it in turns. We used to do things like cook burgers or hot dogs and then go for a picnic in the car overlooking somewhere whilst having a good cuddle and a chat. I apologise for the TMI nature of this next date night but here goes lol ... one night he put the picnic blanket in our front room, lit loads of candles and had cooked a meal. After the meal he gave me some nice undies (from Peacocks so not expensive :)) :blush: and had made chocolate covered strawberries and well.. we had a lovely romantic night!! Sometimes it's not about getting out, it's just about doing something spontaneous so that you spice things up a little.

I'm sorry if thats far too much information for everybody or sounds silly, I just wanted to say you can think of things to do without spending loads XXX

I understand that going out when you have a budget is hard... DH and I havent done it in a while but we used to look for free events, museums and galleries to go to. For dinner you could look for vouchers or use toptable offers?

But you know you dont have to go out. Take away, movies, you and hubby, spend some time together and talk about things, just to feel like a couple again xxx

Hope you guys can work out time for yourselves.

Do you work? Sorry I cant remember.

I work but not been for ages because of this SPD and now signed off til maternity leave.

And ceecee, I think that's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard :cloud9: I think I'll send Alan down to meet your hubby for some 'good husband lessons' lol xxx

Aww he's understanding :)

Why don’t you suggest that once in a while you both do something as a couple, without the kids? Or do you do that already?

I also feel like I don’t have many friends. Sometimes it can feel lonely :(

Well if ya didn't insist on living in London when I live near Portsmouth I would come for a cuppa with you lol. I don't have any friends where I live and I only have 2 truly great amazing best friends that I love to pieces. It can get lonely sometimes can't it? :hugs: xxx

Lol it does... DH is my best friend :)

Likewise :) DH is my best friend and so much more lol but not including him I have 2. Doesn't seem a lot really does it? :) xxx

Lol Ceecee I did the whole candle thing when we were dating... but I didnt cook then so I got a kebab!! lol not romantic at all but hey we had fun!

Sounds strange but I feel horrible guilty if I spend money on myself lol. I hate shopping and I'm only happy spending money if it's on my house, or Jayden lol. Massage wise etc, I just don't know how I feel about it. I have no nails for a manicure and the thought of someone touching my feet makes my skin crawl! Lol. I'm not entirely sure I WANT to be out of the house, I'm happy sitting in my own wee house most of the time and feel guilty if I'm out without Jayden :rofl: Oh I think I need some serious therapy!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

My friend was exactly the same hun, wouldn't leave the house without her little boy and wanted to just be at home. However, its not until you experience having that time to yourself that you realise how important it is and how good it feels. I have no nails - I can still get my hands massaged and nails painted a pretty colour! I have a weird foot phobia however somebody else looking after my feet for 20 mins is bliss! And massage wise - go for it! It may even help your SPD a bit! You won't know until you try though hun. And you shouldn't feel guilty about spending money on yourself hun. I wasn't working just after DH and I got married and so wouldn't spend any money on myself for anything. It wasn't until DH dragged me to the hairdresser and paid for my hair cut, then took me shopping that I realised I'd lost all confidence in myself because I wasn't looking after myself. You too need to look after you missus. Even if it's a bargain £5 vest top from Primark, it makes a difference :) xxx

I have a few friends but other than DH there isn’t anyone else I can go to. I had lots of friends a few years back but I learnt that they weren’t real friends that stick around for the hard times, that are loyal and true.

I used to go to the Idea store to learn massage and they did a whole variety of classes, from cooking to languages. And if you were unemployed or on low income they practically let you do it for free!

You could still look into classes run by your local borough? Maybe something that allows kids too?

I understand that going out when you have a budget is hard... DH and I havent done it in a while but we used to look for free events, museums and galleries to go to. For dinner you could look for vouchers or use toptable offers?

But you know you dont have to go out. Take away, movies, you and hubby, spend some time together and talk about things, just to feel like a couple again xxx

Hope you guys can work out time for yourselves.

Do you work? Sorry I cant remember.

I work but not been for ages because of this SPD and now signed off til maternity leave.

And ceecee, I think that's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard :cloud9: I think I'll send Alan down to meet your hubby for some 'good husband lessons' lol xxx

Lol I do admit my DH is pretty darn cute bless him. I truly couldn't wish for a better husband HOWEVER he has his moments too lol. Like I was struggling to get out of the shower the other night and I yelled downstairs for him to come up and he had selective hearing because Liverpool were playing lol After I screamed at the top of my lungs though he did come to my aid and when I switched the match of for all of 2 minutes he realised the error of his ways lol. Men are like puppies lol just need a little bit of training! xxx

Lol Ceecee I did the whole candle thing when we were dating... but I didnt cook then so I got a kebab!! lol not romantic at all but hey we had fun!

Lol exactly!! Doesn't matter if it's a kebab or 6 course fancy meal, it's all about having fun and being together :)

Ceecee is right. You need that time to yourself and you need to feel good about yourself. I sometimes go to Saks academy for my haircuts (£8 for cut and blowdry). I noticed that some of these academies also do cheap massages and manicures. Maybe you could check out if you have anything like that near you?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and I'll definately be taking it all on board! You all are amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a few friends but other than DH there isn’t anyone else I can go to. I had lots of friends a few years back but I learnt that they weren’t real friends that stick around for the hard times, that are loyal and true.

I used to go to the Idea store to learn massage and they did a whole variety of classes, from cooking to languages. And if you were unemployed or on low income they practically let you do it for free!

You could still look into classes run by your local borough? Maybe something that allows kids too?

Thats a brill idea Yasmin!

Sorry to hear about your friends, I learned that lesson too when I moved. But true friendship is about quality not quantity and so I know I'm blessed to have DH as my best friend and my two girly friends that I've grown up with are always there for me and vice versa. xxx

I just googled something...

https://www.south-lanarkshire-colle...es/College-Facilities/hairdressing-salon.html

They do cuts for £7-£9 and massages for £10!! Very cheap. If you arent sure about the hair then just go for the pampering instead :)

Aww CeeCee, does sound like you've got yourself a good 'un there :)
Claire- I would kill for your legs! They're fabulous :D My calves are one of my worst features by far (even when I've lost weight, they stay annoyingly chunky!) so I'm green with envy right now!
I was nudging 13 stone when I got pregnant and I reckon I've put at least a couple of stones on since. I've yo-yoed for about 10 years now. Have been anywhere from 10 stone to 15 stone. Have done WW a couple of times and did well on it once, losing 3 and a half stone. I went to one SW meeting once but I go so freaked out that I never went back. The group was really clicky and the leader went around asking everyone their weight and how much they'd lost/gained that week! (I'm sure they're not meant to do that, are they?!). I'd like to try and do it on my own once the baby is here but my willpower can be very hit and miss sometimes!!

As for the great pizza debate, whilst I do like the Domino's Meteor, my vote goes to Pizza Hut. Love the fluffy pan base on their pizzas :)

Claire & Yasmin - thats what we're here for and Yasmin is officially the go to person and finding things out !! That was speedy work there love!

Kim - Tell me about it lol my calves are always really chunky but I've always been into running, playing football and rugby etc and unfortunately no amoutn of my aerobics or dance classes slimmed them down! It sucks when you can't wear knee high boots with a zip doesn't it lol! Nope they're definitely not supposed to do that I would imagine - maybe just a bad leader of the meeting... perhaps you should try one with a different leader and see how you fare?

Only problem with this pizza debate is its making me incredibly hungry! Lol

XXX

Ahaha! I love looking for a good bargain and deals :)

Going to pop to the bank… intend to take my time. Really want it to be 5.15 already.

Thank you so much Yasmin, will be looking into that!!!

At my slimming world class at the end she'd tell everyone (who stayed for the meeting) how much ech person had lost or gained, but it wasn't done in a malicious way, it was encouraging. I lost 8.5lbs in my 1st week there and it was great having praise from the class at the end! But she never ever revealed anyones weight. That's just silly.

This heartburn is KILLING me! And I have a horrible pain in my side, it's like a twitch and sooo annoying and quite sore. I think I might hoover my living room rug (still haven't done it lol) then go to bed for an hour, I'm shattered lol xxx

Ahaha! I love looking for a good bargain and deals :)

Going to pop to the bank… intend to take my time. Really want it to be 5.15 already.

Lol my boss is out all day on training so I closed up from 12 til 1 lol oh well girls gotta eat!! I can't wait for 5.30 to come around!! Only 2 and 3/4 hours left!!

Thank you so much Yasmin, will be looking into that!!!

At my slimming world class at the end she'd tell everyone (who stayed for the meeting) how much ech person had lost or gained, but it wasn't done in a malicious way, it was encouraging. I lost 8.5lbs in my 1st week there and it was great having praise from the class at the end! But she never ever revealed anyones weight. That's just silly.

This heartburn is KILLING me! And I have a horrible pain in my side, it's like a twitch and sooo annoying and quite sore. I think I might hoover my living room rug (still haven't done it lol) then go to bed for an hour, I'm shattered lol xxx

Bless you hun. I suffered horrific heartburn for around 3 weeks then nothing so if the old wives tale is true poor Jess will be bald :(

You go rest up my lovely, you need energy for chatting to hubby tonight!! XXX

You're welcome Claire... Just make sure you do something to change your situation now so you feel happier :)

All this talk of massages has made me want one now so I'm currently looking for somewhere in my area that does it. I clicked on a very interesting site which was something to do with massage but not what I was looking for if ya know what I mean!!

Just wanted to say you're all fabulous, gorgeous ladies! And I know alot of us are unhappy with our weight, and I have no doubt we'll be support to eachother when we are on the mission to lose weight after baby.

Yasmin- I hope 5;15 comes quickly for you! & also what you said earlier about friends, Since i've become pregnant everyone has left me. Yep everyone pretty much. The only person I see are my parents and boyfriend. And the only people who bother to stay in touch are some girls in work. Life long friends have vanished. Not really friends hey!

Ceecee- How is the GD going hun?

Claire- I have to agree, you have great legs!!. Good luck with the chat later xx

Kim- I've also yoyo'd for a while. Finally got it undercontrol and lots a tonne of weight and became pregnant! Take that PCOS.

Vicki- Thankyou! cutest shoes ever!

Samira- welcome back! can't wait to see this magazine.! xx

You should find out if there are colleges nearby that need models for massage courses. I used to do a massage course and used my friends all the time.

DH complains how he has a masseuse wife and doesnt get any massages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->