Limbo Ladies!!

I add them to facebook from my phone, then save them to my computer and upload them using the paper clip in 'go advanced' xxx

3 Minutes ago - 30 weeks
DSCF2942.jpg
4 Weeks ago - 26 weeks
16bbabbe85fe8434a8b350a8968d1416.jpg
11 weeks
P140111_11.10[02].jpg

Sorry im naked xxx

Aww she's definately growing isn't she? What a gorgeous bump! xxxxx

Gorgeous bumps Claire and Michelle!

So my boss now wants a letter from the midwife, the midwife says they dont do that and it needs to go through our companty dr who I have never heard of. I feel like crying! My boss also told me that my requeste to work 4 days instead of 5 in January after my maternity leave has been refused. She said that I have a full time position and there are no other positions available. I really want to work 3 or 4 days. And I thought I have a right to do this after having a baby? But I am so scared they will fire me if I fight it! What shoudl I do?

Indeed she is, i wonder what its going to look like in 5 weeks time, argh how scary, im going to be 35 weeks pregnant in 5 weeks time and im still living the student lifestyle, best get into mum mode soon!!!!

Gorgeous bumps Claire and Michelle!

So my boss now wants a letter from the midwife, the midwife says they dont do that and it needs to go through our companty dr who I have never heard of. I feel like crying! My boss also told me that my requeste to work 4 days instead of 5 in January after my maternity leave has been refused. She said that I have a full time position and there are no other positions available. I really want to work 3 or 4 days. And I thought I have a right to do this after having a baby? But I am so scared they will fire me if I fight it! What shoudl I do?

Oh TaNasha i really dont know as i have not been in this position or anything like it, the bosses seem to really suck at the minute. What is it that you do? You think they would help you get back to work after having the baby not make it harder for you. xxxxxxxx

I do Public Relations. I have a meeting with our HR department but only at the end of May which still feels like forever! I just hope they can find me something else to do - I dont care what, as long as I have some extra time with my baby girl!

They cant do that Tanasha, you have a right to flexible working hours when you return and they certainly cannot fire you, if they did you could sue their asses to high heaven for discrimination. Check out the direct.gov.uk website, its got all your rights on there about maternity leave and returning to work etc. I hope it gets sorted.

Nice bump Michelle, you wouldnt want to see the nekkid shots of my bump, the stretchies are coming on ansum lol

How can they say it's been refused??? How do they know what's going to be available once your maternity leave had finished??! They have to seriously consider family friendly hours after you come back from maternity leave, but unfortunately it's not a law. I'm sorry they're being arseholes :hugs: xxxxxxxx

I have just noticed that most of you ladies are actually having girls.

Is it just me and Samira with the boy bumps and Vickie with the yellow bump? Sorry if Ive forgotten that your having a boy bump anyone lol

Thanks Barbles! I work for a UK company but in The Netherlands, so Im not sure if everything is the same? But I will have a talk with DH tonight and see what we do. He also says that by law they can't refuse it. Everyone ele here has gone to less working hours or moved positions so I dont know why they are being so difficult with me!

My sister had the same problem Tanasha. My sisters company told her that she had a right to request part time hours but they didn't have to accept the request. However, eventually they said that they would have a meeting about it 6 weeks before she intended to go back and see what the situation was. As it was they struck up a deal that she wors tues, weds and thurs on full time hours and in tax return season she works full time hours 5 days a week and accrues a certain amount of days in lieu or they pay her extra. It's just a case of sticking to your guns and not backing down hun. If you plan on taking the full 12 months maternity leave then they are talking complete crap and you should threaten to involve a solicitor. xxx

Thank you wonderful ladies xxx

There does seem to be a lot of girl bumps here, but Im sure there should be more boys?

Ladies I'm very sorry I haven't been posting, I wanted to wait until I had a good chance to catch up, but then there was soooo much I can't keep up!
I had a quick look at some pages, lovely bump pics, i'll post mine later, I feel huge lately. Not like in the oh god I'm fat way, but yes I kinda feel that too. But as if my baby has no more room because It feels all so squished and full! phew. Hurry up July5th.

Ceecee read a few of your posts and just wanted to say I wish I could hug you!!
never feel bad about moaning. We all do it, and we're all here for you, Your boss is a gimp, your blood sugar levels are not your fault, and i'm so sorry about you having to leave your cat. :hugs: :hugs: xxxxx xxxxx

Claire I love the name you've picked! beautiful!

Tanasha I hope everything works out for you, it's stressful isn't it, last thing you need, have you thought about going/ have you been to citizens advice? hope it all sorts out soon for you lovely.

Hope all you ladies are ok, if i've missed something big please let me know! I'll try not to be so crap, since my phone died I can't use the internet as much, but certainly will try.

Put a deposit down on a house today. As long as the checks go through fine we'll be in our house on the 1st June. Only a month or so from my due date. eeeek. Can't wait to do the nursery though.

Love to you all :flow: xxx

I reckon Baby G is a boy if that helps?! Although in the second tri 'prediction' thread I put girl as I was going through a girl phase. I always said that whatever my friend had, I'd have the opposite - she popped Ava out so mine must clearly be a boy to complete the set! Obviously I actually have no idea. Even my scan picture gives nothing away. I am always looking at things suitable for boys though, I never ever look at anything pink and girly. Don't know what that means - maybe that I have absolutely no mother's instinct whatsoever!

TaNasha, the first thing you need to do is familiarise yourself with your company's family friendly/flexible working policy. Every reasonable-sized company should have one. My firm's says that whilst they will consider seriously any request for flexible working, they do not have to agree it if there is a business case not to. Obviously they always try and find the business case not to... I don't think it's set in stone that you must be entitled to flexible working but generally companies will 'seriously consider' any request. It's because any change in your working hours means a change in your contractual terms and conditions which must be agreed by both parties and not just unilaterally. Sorry that's not much help but get your hands on a copy of that policy asap - email HR and ask them to send it through to you before your meeting. Your contract of employment should stipulate which law applies, whether it's Dutch or England/Wales.

Yay for a house Rach :happydance:

Well girlies, I am in shock. My OH who has been wheezing and coughing and spluttering for nearly two months now is finally going to the doctors tonight.
His inhalers are not working, my inhaler which is quite a strong one is not working as well and like I said before he just sound awful especially at night. He is also suffering from hayfever which isnt helping matters. He cant even sleep due to the noise coming from him and he is feeling bad as he is keeping me up (and now I feel bad for moaning :blush:) so hopefully he will be sorted by this evening now!!
It has been really worrying me so Im so glad he is going. BTW how is your hubby now CeeCee, is he any better?

Thats great, men are so stubborn, mine still wont go to the doctors about a "down there" problem, a foot problem, and a bad shoulder which they didn't fix properly resulting in the shoulder being misplaced. Ugh so complicated but he wont push them to get it sorted. Lovely that everything'll be sorted and that'll be a huge worry/stress off your mind. xxx

RachyRoux - Congrats on the house, so glad you finally got it. You move two days before I do :) Gotta love this moving just before baby's due eh? I feel like its my fault. My day results are all fine its the first thing in the morning sugar thats steadily rising and I don't know why. Just feels like my body is failing me and Jessica and all I want is her to be safe. XXX

Barbles - DH is ok, wasn't ill again over the weekend, a little down but I think that was to do with us making the decision on Stella rather than anything else. So glad your OH has seen sense and is finally going to the docs! It's about time! My hubby gets awful hayfever and seasonal asthma with it and it was only after he had to take my inhaler before because he had an asthma attack that he decided to go to the doctors. Stubborn buggers eh? XXX

Boss is still being a knob head, I told him I had to leave slightly earlier on wednesday as I have to go to the hospital and he sighed and said "Nothing but trouble you are you?" I'm sorry that I have gestational diabetes and might have to go on insulin boss I didn't realise how shit that would make you feel.

I'm going to ask him to put it in writing how he intends to pay me my backpay and inform him that he risks being fined up to 50% of what he owes me by HMRC if I was to report him to them. Lets see if that shifts him up a gear !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->