Limbo Ladies!!

Yep Michelle, she's still a she lol although her legs were pretty tightly shut! Lol. She looks like Jayden! I'll get a 4d photo of him and compare them so you can see xxx

Oh amanda, I hate nights like that! I get them quite often and just break down completely! Hope you're feeling a bit better today :hugs:

I'm off to tesco today :happydance: Lol, I don't know why but I love going my weekly shop, it's like I challenge myself to see how cheap I can get it :rofl: I used to be about 70-80 a week which was ridiculous for only 3 of us and a dog, and most of it got wasted cos we'd buy takeaways! But last week it was only £40 and we only had one take out (kfc) so I think we're doing pretty good. AND I've got meat in the freezer so this weeks should only be about 35-40 I think................ God, how sad do I sound?!?! :rofl: xxx

Literally Claire I think you are my secret twin!! I do exactly the same with the shopping lol. We were spending shit loads and then getting loads of take aways too. So Im now cutting down on the shopping and the takeaways and only buying food I know we like and will eat to stop wasting!! And Ive been saving the pennies. And I was sooo chuffed when I remember I had sausages and a whole chicken in the freezer :dohh: midweek roast coming up tomorrow.
Though Im tempted to do online shopping to see how it is, im struggling a bit with the heavy trollys and bags especially if I have Phoebe in tow. Im quite excited about trying it to be honest haha.

Hopefully everything works out with Stella, CeeCee. At least you will know where she is and visit if she stays there :hugs:

Glad your pain is better Michelle x

Yep Michelle, she's still a she lol although her legs were pretty tightly shut! Lol. She looks like Jayden! I'll get a 4d photo of him and compare them so you can see xxx

Oh amanda, I hate nights like that! I get them quite often and just break down completely! Hope you're feeling a bit better today :hugs:

I'm off to tesco today :happydance: Lol, I don't know why but I love going my weekly shop, it's like I challenge myself to see how cheap I can get it :rofl: I used to be about 70-80 a week which was ridiculous for only 3 of us and a dog, and most of it got wasted cos we'd buy takeaways! But last week it was only £40 and we only had one take out (kfc) so I think we're doing pretty good. AND I've got meat in the freezer so this weeks should only be about 35-40 I think................ God, how sad do I sound?!?! :rofl: xxx

I LOVE doing the weekly shop! I like to see how cheap I can get everything too but omg you beat me hands down!! Well I say weekly shop its every 20 days or so as I stock up on loads of meat, pasta, rice and sauces and then just buy fresh fruit and veg, milk and bread when required. Lol I don't think its sad!xxx

Woop woop! I just wish we had coupons like they do in America -have you seen the show Extreme Couponing?? Crazy! I'm gonna save £9 straight away today cos Tesco sent me a random £9 voucher yesterday! :happydance:

I do it every Monday/Tuesday usually and stock up on everything we need for the week! Its just getting harder to get Jayden into the trolley and push it lol xxx

Amanda, read the last sentence of what I replied to ceecee :dohh: I think we must have been separated at birth! :rofl: xxx

Haha, i was saying to my boyfriend at the weekend how excited i am that i finally get the do proper shops and plan meals. As a student, and cooking for one means shopping often gets wasted and then i just give up buying proper meals and just go to my little sainsburys. Bring on the big weekly shop wooooo.

Michelle, why don't you do a shop for 2 and just make 'double' portions and freeze?? Makes lots of sense and when Esme is on 'solids' you can make huge batches and freeze! I was daft and bought hundreds of jars for Jayden instead of cooking and freezing - will NOT be making that mistake again! Lol xxxx

Morning ladies!

Claire I am sorry your 4D scan wasnt as you expected, but at least you got some nice photos! We have another 4D scan on Monday- I hope she will be in a better position then! And enjoy your weekly shopping! I never get to do ours and DH does all the cooking and he likes to be very organised with buying what we need per week where I just usually throw anything that looks yummy in!

Enjoy your midwife appointment Barbles! I always love going and I always feel happy afterwards!

Me and a friend are going to an ante natal class tonight- i dont know what to expect, but Im excited!

Michelle, why don't you do a shop for 2 and just make 'double' portions and freeze?? Makes lots of sense and when Esme is on 'solids' you can make huge batches and freeze! I was daft and bought hundreds of jars for Jayden instead of cooking and freezing - will NOT be making that mistake again! Lol xxxx

I think i will do when im living on my own, but our freezer here isnt very big and theres 4 of us using it, so its usually full all of the time. But thats definitely my plan when shes here. xxxxxx

Morning ladies, exciting that you had your 4D scan Claire! Glad you managed to get some pictures in the end, Leah looks very comfortable in there! I love how they always look like they're smiling and cosy. Aw, I think mine's the only limbo baby without a name now! Lol. Good luck with the midwife Barbles, and with your antenatal class TaNasha! It's all go.

Leah is unlike me however, I am massively uncomfortable! Ate too much breakfast so feel all bloaty, my dress is a bit restrictive under my bust so I feel compressed and I've just had to go for a walk around the floorplate of the office to try and send Bubbo to sleep because they were moving about so much I felt a bit sick! It's horrid outside, all I want to do is go home, hide under my duvet and watch episodes of Glee. Instead it's a miserable Tuesday in Manchester and instead of Puck and Finn all I have to look at is my groaning inbox of complex issues!

Oooh, the weekly shop. I do ours every Sunday morning when the husband's at football. If I go with him we spend twice as much and I come out with a ton of interesting condiments and sauces but nothing to actually eat. I am shamed by you all though, ours is about £80-£100 a week - for two of us! I am buying the odd baby thing in there at the moment but most of it is food, how embarrassing. And it's not even like it's all ready meals, the majority of it is fresh stuff! We don't need to buy anything at all though from shop to shop (we both have packed lunches - apart from the days when I'm out with work) and the freezer is always well-stocked. We go to Costco once every so often and buy a load of meat which I then freeze in portion-sizes, so we always have plenty of chicken, lamb steaks, salmon etc available.

Midwife went well, BP was 130/80 so has creeped slightly but is still ok for me, baby is head down and not engaged yet so alls good. My mw said not the next appt but the one after we will do birth plans, AAAAHHHH!! Too scary to be doing birth plans, Im not ready lol.

I did the whole jars thing with Phoebe too and Im sure thats why she so fussy now, Im not doing it this time either, he will eat what we eat.

Fresh stuff is more expensive I find then ready stuff so dont worry Vickie. Im trying to buy more fresh stuff and cook more from scratch, Im not a natural cook but once Im on maternity Im really going to give it a go. However I shall not be cooking tonight, OH has got to work on until 11 doing road type stuff so I am off to my mums & dads after work to have spag bol and garlic bread and most likely go through last nights Glee watching snippets of Sexy Puck playing the guitar and lovely Sam (me and my mum are such losers haha)

Glad your appointment went ok Barbles :) Ooh the spag bol and garlic bread sounds fabulous! May have to make that myself tonight! I haven't got my first ante-natal class until 7th June!! Seems like forever away!! Good luck with yours tonight TaNasha. Man I'm starving but can't eat yet as need to wait til at least 12ish or my sugar levels will be funny! Grrr XX

Hi Everyone! Lots to catch up on!

Ceecee – Love the poem :) and the letter xx

Michelle – Congrats on the new home!

Tanasha – As Barbles said I thought there was some legal thing about flexible working when you have a family?

Rachyroux – Congrats… I still haven’t sorted out a flat for us. We’ve been so busy that we haven’t even had time to arrange viewings and then we’re too late and the flats are gone :( I need time!

So I had my MW appt on Friday and baby is doing well, so am I. the bottom of my bump does hurt and MW said it might be the baby’s head. He is head down but still free at the moment.

I also had my last ante natal class on Friday :) I have to say that I did enjoy it quite a bit.

Yesterday I was supposed to be working but I fell sick on the way in :( I ended up going to my sister and waiting for DH to pick me up in the car.

Then late in the night I had a silly argument with another one of my sisters and sobbed myself to sleep. I felt like the family issues had been building up for some time and then the petty argument was the straw that broke the camels back. I’m just so emotional and feel that I need some distance from them now. Maybe not a good idea but I just felt so hurt yesterday and my mind kept going over so many different things :(

OMG, birth plans?! You mean we actually have to give birth?! Go in, have baby as painlessly as possible, leave is my plan.

Haven't thought much about what to feed the kiddo beyond the milky stage - my cousin's wife made massive batches of stuff for my goddaughter then liquidised them in little freezable portions at first. Now she's a great eater though so must have worked. She made fish lyonnaise (creamy fish casserole basically), cauliflower cheese, something with peas and carrots...

I'm doing my birth plan with my midwife in my appointment 2 weeks today - scary stuff! I want a birth which lasts maybe an hour tops from waters going/contractions starting to Jessica being placed on my chest lol that I could cope with I think. Lol even though we're talking about baby mush meals they're making me so very hungry!!

I looked at the NHS choices birth plan, which seems detailed enough. I think the birth is starting to scare me now. Just noticed that I have 54 days left!

Im not giving birth, im going to just wake up one day with the baby in the moses basket next to me, sorted! xxxx

I said as much to the midwife lol, can I have on that lasts an hour, not much pain and then to go home 5 stone lighter with my baby :haha:

As Im am doing my usual load of work (i.e bugger all) I may go look up birth plans on the internet. I never really did one with Phoebe as I went with the flow but now I know what worked and didnt I will do a bit more detailed one.
Im not really worried about the birth, Im looking forward to it more than anything. Yeah it hurts but all i think about is that feeling when the baby is here, it was the best feeling I have ever had ever and I cant wait to feel it again.

Bump watch - comments from two different people today on 'am I sure Im only having one' :growlmad: I was measuring 33 weeks today so only a bit ahead

Wish we had ante-natal classes here, they only offer them as an one day thing. I went to an ante-natal day with when I was PG with Phoebe which was lovely and I really enjoyed it but I didnt see the point in signing up this time as most of it I know. I am doing a BF workshop though.

Sorry to hear you argued with your family yasmin. :hugs: xxx

Thanks... I'm just so emotional and felt fed up yesterday.

You poor thing! I know that feeling well :hugs: All things work out for the best, we may not think it at the time but as I quoted yesterday "Storms make trees take deeper roots" XXX Dolly Parton i a legend - FACT! xxx

Ahaha Michelle I wish we could all do that! I heard my niece telling someone else that babies come out of the bum… I had to laugh!

She has so many questions too. She wanted to know if my baby cries in my belly, if he swims, does he want to taste her crisps :) I love kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->