Limbo Ladies!!

LOVE the pram michelle! mothercare deal is amazing at the mo isnt it! so you got that pram for 300 in the end! bargain!!!!!! its a fab pram my friend has it, only downfall according to her is the car seat being small but she has a HUGE baby so i dont think that counts lol x

LOVE the pram michelle! mothercare deal is amazing at the mo isnt it! so you got that pram for 300 in the end! bargain!!!!!! its a fab pram my friend has it, only downfall according to her is the car seat being small but she has a HUGE baby so i dont think that counts lol x

Yeh the carseat does look quite small. But it will do for now :) But yeh, we decided to top it up to 400 to get £80 off so got some crib bedding which is cute. Ive decided when i move into my house im not going to put the cot up straight away, she wont need it for about 4-5months hopefully anyway. So i will decorate her nursery as normal but leave a normal size mattress in there. I have a lot of people that will come to visit first, and i can let them stay that way, which will give me a bit of help too. xxxx

I also forgot to add in i had a macdonalds yum yum, and im going out for dinner tonight, also yum yum.

xxxxxxx

Lol Samira, your dad sounds funny!!

Michelle- your pram looks gorgeous :) How annoying about your card though, especially not telling you! I had to cancel my credit card in January because I noticed a few weird transactions on my statement for pay as you go phones (I have a contract). Turns out that when the Lush website was hacked in December (as I was buying Christmas presents), thousands of card details got stolen! Fortunately, it was only £70 that was taken from mine- for some people, it was hundreds or thousands of pounds! I also had plenty of cards to fall back on too :blush:

Amanda- hope your blood tests come back clear.

CeeCee- yay for being on maternity leave now!! And a bigger YAY for getting your bloody stubborn boss to get off his arse and do something about the money you're owed!

Yasmin- hope you're feeling ok today. Congrats to your DH on passing his exam :thumbup:

Claire- that must have been bloody scary with Jayden and the bathroom cleaner! I have a feeling that I'm going to be a totally neurotic mum but have to accept that sometimes, they will do stuff that I have no control over!

Vicki- great website! Think I'm going to have a mooch on there now :winkwink:

Hopeful- I'm constantly terrified that they're going to turn around when bubba is born and say he's a girl! I've had it confirmed catagorically 3 times now (each of them have said they're certain) but I still have a nagging worry at the back of my mind!

Hope thats everyone and I've not missed anyone out!

I've just been on the Mothercare website actually, and got my TENS machine, a pair of slippers and a couple of nursing tops. Between the money off code and the offers on the tops and slippers, I saved £35 :) Getting it delivered in store too so I don't have to pay the delivery charge (cheapskate!!).

Going to the cinema from work to see The Hangover 2- SO excited!! Hello Mr Cooper lol. Also having tea at Frankie and Benny's which I'm very happy about, as I've been eating like a pig all day for some reason!!

Your pram is gorgeous Michelle! Yeah I had the 3d with Jayden and really liked it, not so much as a pram for newborn but as a buggy it was fantastic.

Oooh Kim, enjoy! I really want to see it too, but will be another couple of weeks before we'll get the chance. And I love Frankie and Benny's! They keep trying to put me in a booth seat though and I don't fit! I think it's pretty obvious I'm pregnant now so I don't know why they keep doing it :dohh: Let is know how the film is.

I'm going out for a curry tonight for my nieces birthday, I'm looking forward to the food but (and it sounds like the worst thing in the world to say) but not spending time with my nephew. He's unbelievably naughty and my sister won't dispiline him and it does my head in soooo much! I'm not taking Jayden because he's so influenced by him and I can't be arsed dealing with behaviour I know isn't like him xxx

My friend has that pram Michelle and its lovely. I had the 3D with Phoebe and didnt really like it at all. Heavy and clunky.

Last time I went F&B they stuck us in a booth too and I hardly fit haha, definately dont think I would fit now.

Got a roast chicken in the oven and Im actually looking forward to it seeming I have hardly eaten over the last couple of days, i think Im just going to make hot roast chicken sandwiches, yummy!!!

Once again the FREAKING ITCHING!!!!! :brat: Doing my head in!!

Ive read the entire sticky thread in 3rd Tri on OC and now am a bit paranoid im going to get induced in 5 weeks and I am soooooooooooo unprepared!!!! (I do like to jump the gun a bit and plan for worst scenarios, chances are Im just a flea bag :dohh:)

Everyone sounds like they have lovely evenings planned x

Im going to have a bbq chicken pizza i think, yum yum. Im glad i chose that pram. I would describe it as 'fun' xxx

Hey ladies!

I've come home from my curry a bit rattled to say the least. As I said before my nephew is a wee shit and misbehaves 95% of the time and my sister doesn't bother to correct his behaviour. Anyway he had a fit because he didn't have a J2O (quite rightly if you ask me) so my sister filled up an empty bottle for him using my nieces juice, so they had less, even though he had a fruit shoot to be getting on with. Kept my mouth shut. Another few incidences and she pandered to him and that really bugs me. Then he pours the dregs of his J2O all over the table so I told him that he wasn't getting ice-cream because he was told to behave and that's not nice behaviour. My sister then said 'you're a meany' and I said 'If using tough love is being a meany then yeah, I am a meany but, Jayden's well mannered and well behaved and it works for me' and then she turned round and said...... wait for it..... 'it'll come back to bite you on the arse when he starts to rebel' :wacko: I'm sorry, but since when did tough love mean my child is going to rebel against me??!! Now, I am not perfect and have never professed to be, I have made mistakes and will continue to make them, but my child is very happy, well behaved, well mannered and respects me - what part of that suggests I'm a meany?! I think despite having PND and not too much family around me that I have done a damn good job? Someone tell me if I'm deluding myself cos I'd rather know now!

Her parenting style seems to be 'I'll keep them fed and happy but won't dispiline my baby' which is unfair because if her girls done anything Dylan does they'd be disiplined right away. If that works for her then fine (even though Dylan is a shit and a half) but do not tell me my child is going to rebel because I use 'tough love' :growlmad:

Sorry I know this has turned into a HUGE rant but she made out as if she was perfect when, like 99.999% of the population, me included of course, are not. xxx

Oh Claire I know how you feel!! DH's nephew is the same! He's a nice enough lad but gets away with murder behaviour wise!! Kicking footballs against windows, throwing massive tantrums and everybody panders to him, I just bite my tongue and resolve that Jessica will have beautiful manners like my mam and dad instilled in me. You should be proud of Jayden hun and the fact that you know you can take him anywhere and he's a lovely little boy. Unfortunately (and I can say this from personal experience) some people let their kids yet away with everything and sometimes only one of their children which is plain wrong. My nan always let my sister get away with everything, I only had to talk sometimes and I would be sent to my room. What has it given me?? Well my sister is lovely don't get me wrong and has a heart of gold but her tantrums are epic even now!! Whereas I am a tolerant, patient, well mannered person!!

Just remember that everybody has their different ideas and as long as you're happy with how your little ones portray themselves and treat people then you have nothing to worry about :) and then one day when her children start rebelling against her because she's never instilled any discipline in them I bet you any money she'll look at you and think I wish I'd listened to Claire !! I know how hard it is to put up withough hun, I truly sympathise!! xxx

Its the girls I feel sorry for because they do behave most of the time but don't get praise for doing well, so they act up to get some attention and get in trouble for it, yet Dylan does the EXACT same thing and will get kisses and cuddles for it.

When we were at my nieces christening a few weeks ago I gave him a row because he was hitting another boy (sister didn't bother her arse) so he threw a fit on the floor, I mean serious fit so I told him he could speak to me when he calmed down and walked away. Sister walked over to him, gave him a cuddle and a goodie box with toys and sweeties in it! This is the exact reason why I've stopped him and Jayden spending time together, because if I'm watching them and Dylan misbehaves, I need to disipline him the same way I do with Jayden and he just doesn't listen to me, so Jayden thinks it's ok to do wht Dylan is doing! It's so frustrating xxx

That would do my head in Claire, your sister will soon learn when he gets bigger and stronger and uncontrolable. Its one thing placating a little one its another when a 13 year old has a tantrum and is nearly the size of a grown man. And the girls will start to kick up at being treated different, it will all seriously backfire on her.

Goong to ring docs in a minute, results probably wont be in yet but Ill check plus got to make an appointment for OH. Ive woken this morning and decided I dont have it and I must have an irritation to something, though Im still itching. I woke OH 4 times last night convinced there were flies flying around my head, I am obviously going loopy and the itching is the first sign :loopy:

Barbles, join me, myself and I in the crazy club! We're very nice! :haha: :rofl: I really hope you don't have it, it doesn't sound like a very nice thing to have :wacko: I'm waiting on blood results today to check my thyroid function because I'm so tired again :sleep: and my skin is unbelievably dry, 1st signs I had an underactive thyroid before.

On the other hand baby Leah is kicking up a storn the last few days, it felt like she was vibrating yesterday, very strange but I love it, it's the only thing I'm enjoying about pregnancy right now and will miss it when it's gone, but this is definately my last! Lol xxx

Urghhh Claire, that all sounds like a nightmare situation and I think you are definitely doing the right thing keeping Jayden away. You're a great mum and Jayden sounds like a lovely boy and you are doing the best thing by him bringing him up to be a responsible, caring and well mannered person. Let's face it, it's far easier to panda to the child's every whim but that doesn't do them any good so it's actually a very selfish way to raise a child. Stick to your guns hon and you'll be the one who's proud of the man your little lad becomes xxx

Good luck with those results Barbles xxx

Hope everyone else is good today, happy first day of maternity leave CeeCee!

Yeh yeh i dont believe you claire, your going to want loooooads more.

My boyfriend finished uni for good yesterday, im so so so happy its like the end of an era but i get him all to myself now! Yip yip yipppeeee.

How are you all this morning?? Xxxx

Morning mommies!

It's Friday! Hooray! And payday!

Any plans for the weekend?

We will go shopping for the last few bits we need for the baby. Does anyone have a DiaperChamp? I am thinking about getting one but DH seems to think it is a waste of money?

I also want to get my outfits planned for labour and the hospital stay and then a few things when people come to visit once baby has been born.

And also how often should you bath a baby? I read somewhere that bathing too often is bad for their skin?

Morning Tanasha! Ohhh lord what's a diaper champ??? Think we need the 2nd time mums to help with those questions.... I'm hopeless!!!

Yeh it will, however for the past few years our relationship has always been long distance its going to be a shock to the system seeing him more. Eeeek, but i get to see him tomorrow im so excited. So once again you will lose me for a few days ;) xxx

Ohhh tanasha i cant give you an answer, im just hoping that everything comes naturally as people keep saying it will xxx

Morning Tanasha! Ohhh lord what's a diaper champ??? Think we need the 2nd time mums to help with those questions.... I'm hopeless!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Diaper-Champ-Pink/dp/B000EX3F6Y

Its like a nappy bin but vacuum packs the nappies, so there are no funky smells.

I am also a 1st time mommy and freaking out about everything I dont know!

Well I got the results, my levels are raised but still within normal range for pregnancy. I read that it can sometimes take a couple of weeks to show up in the bloods once the itching starts so will ask MW in tuesday to arrange for a retest. Hopefully nothing will come of it though I want this itching to stop.

This one is my last too Claire though give me two years and Ill be a mad broody old cow again lol

yay for your boyfriend Michelle

Tanasha, we used to bath Phoebe every 3-4 days unless she had an explosion or something lol. Young babies dont really get dirty as they dont do anything plus their skin is very sensitive, we did top and tail her everyday though. Phoebe unfortunately takes after me and is allergic to most creams, soaps etc so she still now has plain baths and can only use johnsons baby shampoo and baby suncream.

On Monday we are going to visit Fireman Sam lol. He is at Flambards (this amusement park) and there are vouchers in the paper so we are off nice and early to go and meet him. Shame I cant do none of the rides but still it will be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->