Limbo Ladies!!

I love rides!! Im a rollercoaster junkie i think hehe!

I was talking to my friend last night about having a drink for the first time, i know it wont be for ages but my god will it be fun!it was a big change going from a very sociable student to a non drinker! But thinking about it i wont get chance to go out that much. Arrrr well, at least esme willl entertain me xxx

Thanks Barbles!

Michelle I also can't wait for my 1st drink! But it has been so long, so i might get drunk after 1 glass of wine i think!

It sounds like they're on the rise, although I really hope not. At least of my thyroid is underactive again I can get tablets, they can't do anything for the itchy :( I so hope it goes soon :hugs:

Right, with the Nappy Bin (or diaper champ) I got a free one and used it for a day but it was honestly more hassle than it was worth. The extra bag things you need to buy for it are pretty expensive and, the 9p nappy bags you buy will do EXACTLY the same job. If you double them up you can put them with normal rubbish. And if you go get an exploding one then it takes half a minute to take it outside lol. It's completely up to you but I found it too much hassle and not at all worth it.

Bathing - you don't have to bath them very often at all because they don't get dirty, but like Amanda, I topped and tailed every single day, morning and night. I couldn't bath him more than once a week for the 1st 3-4 weeks because of my back, but he was a right water baby and expected his bath at 6pm every night after than and wouldn't settle til he'd had it :haha: but luckily he didn't hve any problems with his skin so it didn't do him any harm, but they definately don't need it.

No Michelle, I couldn't go through this pain again :dohh: if it wasn't bad then I probably would think about it in a few years but right now I'm gonna be very happy with my boy and girl :thumbup: xxx

Whats the rule when it comes to buying nursing bras? I heard that you should get one cup bigger and the band size should be pre-pregnancy one because your ribs go back to normal?? Can anyone help?

Yasmin, I don't know :dohh: Lol, I went when I was 35 weeks pregnant last time and just picked one that fitted me at the time, it was in mothercare and no-one told me the rules. I ended up not breastfeeding and when my milk came in my nursing bra was really nice and tight so it kept my boobs nice and firm and didn't move (it's painful when your milk comes in sometimes) so if you're planning on breastfeeding I'd prob recommend getting a cup size bigger, just to be on the safe side xxx

Hmmm... does anyone know if mothercare or mamas and papas do measuring services?

I'm thinking about ordering some on line in a few different sizes and taking back the ones that dont fit.

I plan to breastfeed, just hope I can do it. I watched breast is best the other day, thought it was good and highlighted how difficult it can be for some women.

Is that the one with the Cherry woman? I watched it a while ago and I though it was pretty good aswell. People think it's very easy for women to breastfeed when in reality, it can be very hard for people (me included) and this time I will not be hung up on it. I want to breastfeed but if I end up miserable because of it or can't do it then I won't have any problems switching to the bottle xxx

Yep that was the one. I watched it on BBC iPlayer and found it interesting how many women hold on to the guilt of not being able to breastfeed.

I just ordered some nursing bras... M&P have 3 for £15 on selected items! Mega cheap!

Ohh I saw that program, it was good. I'm desperately hoping to breast feed, I'll be absolutely gutted if I can't - mostly for Eliza but it also burns 500kcals a day ladies!!! Hoorahh!! I need to shift some of this weight somehow it's really getting me down :-(

Yep that was the one. I watched it on BBC iPlayer and found it interesting how many women hold on to the guilt of not being able to breastfeed.

I just ordered some nursing bras... M&P have 3 for £15 on selected items! Mega cheap!

Ohhh that's a great deal - to mamas and papas website I go!!! X :happydance:

500 calories! wow!

I would also love to breatsfeed, but they told me that the chance is really small because of LG's cleft. I will express, but i dont know how long i will keep it up to be honest as it seems like a bit of double work. And i think breastfeeding is nice to bond mother and baby, but with us someone will have to feed her with a bottle and I will be forever stuck on the breastpump!

Do this to get a £5 gift card!

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/promo...7_1302086388_aafb878937c50d4e38aa76ab399f8b53

I managed to get 3 bras for £10 in the end... Just hope they fit!

500 calories! wow!

I would also love to breatsfeed, but they told me that the chance is really small because of LG's cleft. I will express, but i dont know how long i will keep it up to be honest as it seems like a bit of double work. And i think breastfeeding is nice to bond mother and baby, but with us someone will have to feed her with a bottle and I will be forever stuck on the breastpump!

Sorry to hear about your little ones cleft hon, and I completely understand how expressing full time would be such a pain. I guess none of us know whether we or our babies will take to it, and there's no reason that bottle fed babies should be any less bonded just have lots of skin to skin cuddles :hugs:

500 calories! wow!

Im not breast feeding because of a breast reduction Tanasha, I just plan to bond with my baby in other ways. My mum never breast fed me and shes like my best friend! xxx

I think the bonding thing is a bit strange to be honest. Of course breastfeeding mums will say that they have a special bond with their babies and I don't deny that for even one second. But I had to bottle feed Jayden (he has tongue tie and I was so ill after I had him I physically couldn't feed him) and felt that special bond, I believe, as well as I would have had I breastfed.
At the end of the day a happy mummy and happy baby are the most important things :thumbup: xxx

The breastfeeding mafia make me go :wacko:!! As long as our babies are well fed, happy and content I don't think any of us should beat ourselves up about it. I'd love to do it for all the benefits etc (particularly the 500 cals a day issue!) but if not, hey as long as my bub is growing that'll do for me! My brother and I were formula babies and there's not much wrong with us. He flies planes for a living so I sure as hell hope not, lol!

Had my midwife appt this morning. Everything is spot on and perfect (woop!) except that the daft sod is even further away from the exit now than it was 3 weeks ago! It was halfway between breech and transverse last time and now it's bolt upright with head between my ribs. I think it occasionally flops over onto my right hand side I think as last night I tried to lie on that side and it literally felt like I was lying on its head! Anyone else have a baby with no sense of direction?! The midwife today was proper old-school, instead of using the doppler she used this thing that looked like an ear trumpet.

Claire, nightmare re. nephew! I think you're right to keep Jayden away though to stop him being led astray, the last thing you want is for him to be tarred with the same brush. Although some friends of ours have a little boy who used to be cheeky but not naughty; he's started school now and has got in with some naughty boys (they're only 5 but still!) and is being a little terror. Even I have to tell him off for breaking his little brother's toys! There's not a lot his mum and dad can do about who he hangs around in the playground with...eek!

Hope everyone else is well - glad to hear the test results are negative for now Barbles, maybe an allergy or something? Yasmin, I've been wearing maternity bras the whole way through for comfort! I'm going to get myself measured properly etc around 36/37 weeks to buy some for after the birth but I've found them really supportive and comfy whilst preggo. I got mine from Debenhams and M&S.

Oooohhh, so now I have another question.

Moses basket AND crib or moses basket OR crib? Is the crib a waste of space? We have a moses basket (which, if you remember, I need to basically strip of everything to make it acceptable anyway!) but don't know whether to just use this in the day and a crib at night, or whether to cart it upstairs at night and keep them in it all the time?! Gah, help.

Im having both Vicki, i plan to keep the moses backet downstairs for day time, and have the crib for night, I only got a crib because i found a cheap one on kiddicare and thought i wanted it, then my nan and grandad ended up buying it as a present. Its not essential but im looking forward to it being fixed in one place, and the moses basket i can take to parents houses etc etc xxxx

Agree with the anti breast feeding mafia!!! I was bottle fed and I think I'm ok and mum and I are very close :) I' desperate to do it but don't judge any woman who can't or simply doesn't feel comfortable - each to thir own that's what I say!

Vicki, my little one was transverse up until last week, and I know that laying on the head feeling!! But she's headed south now, and now feels like bowling ball on my bladder every time I stand up!!! There's definitely hope to get them to spin around - I think bouncing on my birthing ball and walking the dogs (albeit very slowly) around the village twice a day has helped :)

As for the Moses basket, I have one and a stand where she'll sleep next to our bed and I plan to carry that downstairs during the day but I have a cot in her nursery ready for when she's able to sleep alone... I think that should cover everything she needs as she'll only be in her basket for 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->