Limbo Ladies!!

For the Moses Basket v Crib, we're only having a Moses Basket as it's easy to move from upstairs to downstair etc. But like Michelle, you could have both, one upstairs and one downstairs :thumbup:

I'm trying to get organised for going away tomorrow, we have to leave at about 4am so no time to do anything in the morning. Getting through my washing, done the ironing (sitting down of course lol) swept up and need to get packed! But I'm not doing too bad though so I think we'l be ok! Hubby has taken Jayden to the swimming after I gave him a haircut so gonna make dinner soon and need to get something for my heartburn, it#s seriously killing me today! Booooooo :haha:

I'm watching a program called 'Breaking the Female Paedophile Ring' and actually feel sick! I really think it's for things like that that capital punishment should be brought back for, I would do some serious time if I ever found anyone had laid a finger in the wrong way to Jayden, I swear I would be done for murder. Makes me sooo fucking angry :growlmad: Excuse my french xxxx

Ugh Claire, sounds like your nephew is a bit of a nightmare!! It must be so frustrating to standby and watch him get away with that kind of behaviour :( I couldn't bring myself to watch that programme- way too hormonal!

Amanda- glad you're tests came back ok but it must be annoying to still be itching like mad! By the way, Flambards takes me back- spent many happy school holidays in Cornwall and Flambards was always a must

Vicki- glad to hear that your appointment went so well, even though you've got a little wriggler in there! I'm sure bubba will know which way to go soon!

As for the moses basket/crib debate- OH and I were quite happy with just the moses basket that we bought but when we went and ordered our furniture, MIL was adament we had to have a crib too. Seeing as she was paying, it was pointless arguing with her. So, the crib will be in our room and the moses basket will be downstairs.

The breast feeding mafia scare the crap out of me. It's fair enough if they want to put forward the benefits but putting already stressed and emotional women under more pressure isn't right, and it's DEFINITELY not right to make women feel guilty if they don't breastfeed, no matter if it's because it's not physically possible or if it's just a personal preference. Everyone is allowed their opinion and forcing one point of view onto someone isn't right. I'm hoping to breastfeed if I can but if I can't, so be it. I was bottle fed and I seemed to do ok!

Last night was really nice. They actually put me in a booth *ahem* and I just managed to fit. Another couple of weeks, and there'd be no chance! The Hangover 2 was good, but not as good as the first. It was still funny but there were some MEGA cringy moments in it! Of course the major bonus, was seeing a shirtless Bradley Cooper :happydance:

Today has apparently marked my last official day at work. I was quite willing to plough on for a couple of weeks but my OH, MIL and a close friend all ganged up on me and basically told me I need to stop. To be fair, it is quite a physically demanding job and I have been finding it tough going. I'm lucky in that I can get to choose when I start maternity leave and when I go back to work as it's mine and OH's business where I work. I have made OH promise that if I get really fed up, he'll let me come in for a few hours and do something- I don't do sitting still very well at all! Everyone clubbed together and gave me lots of baby things like sleepsuits, dummies, clothes, bottles etc- and a pack of earplugs lol. It was very unexpected so I was really chuffed that they'd made the effort :)

I have just a moses basket which goes up and downstairs with me, Phoebe used to sleep a bit in her swing chair and on her playmat too. And then cot when he grows out of his basket.

Had to take Phoebe doctors today, she has ear infections :nope: so gotta keep her dosed up on calpol and try to get her better to see Fireman Sam on Monday. So that makes all of us to visit the docs this week lol.

I started watching that programme last night Claire but turned off, it made me feel ill and enraged. I agree with you, if anyone even looks at Phoebe wrong Im there ready let alone actually hurt her, god, words cant describe what I would do!!! :growlmad:

Waiting for my man to get home now and decide on take-away lol its going to be chinese or pizza but I cant decide what I want :pizza:

One good thing, the itching has calmed a bit, Im still itching but not as bad. Will see how these evening goes at it gets worse at night.

Haha I havent been Flambards in years either, just a shame I cant go on none of the rides. I will rock the victorian village though x

Thanks for the tips ladies, on both moving my stubborn baby out of my ribcage and on the moses basket/crib issue! I think ideally I'd like both and just use the basket in the day - am now thinking that I could suggest the crib as a present from the in-laws as my mother in law wanted to know what they could buy for us. They're OAPs bless them so I don't want them having to fork out on the pricier big furniture which we can buy ourselves but they could stump up on the crib I guess... I also don't trust myself wandering up and down stairs with the basket and baby, I'm a health hazard to myself on stairs anyway! The only prob is that I've chosen to use SleepCurve mattresses which are twice as expensive as all other mattresses I now realise!! FFS, this child lark is a financial drain! Anywho, will let you know how the decision-making process ends!

I also had a dream that I had a girl called Jenny last night which I guess puts paid to the Sophia plan!

Kim: lovely colleagues and hurray for mat leave! I note CeeCee has been absent on her first day off!! I am now craving Frankie & Bennys, booth or not I'd squash myself in there for a massive burger and chips!

Claire: have a fab time away, hope you got all the stuff packed! My baby will be bald, I've had no heartburn yet!

Barbles: hope Phoebe is better soon, Fireman Sam and her own bodyweight in Calpol should sort her out I reckon. My dilemma was also Chinese or pizza but now I'm obsessed with the thought of Frankie & Benny's I don't know what's going to do the trick!

And now I am going to disappear and watch some rugby with my poor exhausted husband who's spent all afternoon with his dad moving my piles of clothes, furniture and other assorted shite around so we can decorate more rooms. Lol! Bless, they've done a cracking job of the room that's (nearly) done so far, one down and two to go! And we might go and order our Quinny and the nursery stuff this weekend, gah gah gah!!! *does happy dance*

*regrets happy dance as need the loo again*

Have lovely long weekends folks!

Thanks Vickie, I would love to go out for a meal tonight but ill and sleepy child put paid to that. Go for F&B, get in your meals while your child free haha. OOH I could eat a F&B bacon cheeseburger or a Pizza Hut. Maybe on Monday after Fireman Sam Ill try to blag OH to take us haha.

I watched the end of that programme last night as i was falling to sleep. Ive worked with a couple of paedophiles whilst on placements, and i cant excuse their behaviour just because their mentally unwell, but their way of thinking was so distorted, but those women last night were ridiculous. Ergh! Only thinking of themselves.

Talking of mattresses, I was thinking of getting this one for the crib- https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-sleepsafe-deluxe-foam-mattress/3831000/type-i/ do you think it will be ok? I dont know what makes a good/bad crib xxxx

Got most of the things organised and right now I'm in too much pain to even move. It feels like I have a contraction in my back :cry: but it's not because i's lasted about 5-10 minutes and gets worse and in my stomach when I breath in. I'm trying to move about but by god it hurts! I had a chippy tonight, started making spag bol for dinner and used a packet thing = absolutely rotten!

Need to shift my ass and get some more stuff done before bedtime, thinking I'll head about 9 and go straight to sleep, I'm sure I can manage that lol. xxx

Pain has gone for now, was very strange and I didn't like it :( Lol, don't think many people do like pain lol.

Well I am freaked out right now....... just found mouse droppings in the cupboard under my sink :cry: I just went to get washing powder and noticed tiny droppings - and I know what they look like (thanks Kim and Aggie :thumbup:) And hubby's just decided to tell me that he wondered why there was a hole in the side of the rabbit food bag :dohh: Luckily we're going away tomorrow so FIL is going to come up and set traps. I don't know how they've got in but I'll end up putting myself in hospital if I have to run away from them :haha: Oh I hope it's only one and the wee fucker is dead before we come back. Lol xxx

Oh blimey Claire, I'm a right wuss with things like mice but OH is even worse! Hope it'll be long gone by the time you get back from your weekend away.

Amanda- I hope that pesky infection goes away for Phoebe soon.

Vicki- sorry about the F&B craving that I've started! The Little Frankie's that we went to actually does takeaways- will be very handy when I'm too big to fit in the booths ;) Sounds like you might be having a baby Jenny after all then!

Michelle- I'm totally hopeless with the whole best mattress thing. I wish there was just one type, then we wouldn't have to make these decisions! I just went along with recommendation of the woman in Mamas and Papas- thankfully she didn't suggest the most expensive one!

Missing you ladies, will be on after life calms down a bit, pretty miserable at the moment.
The rental company was shut today, so now it's bank holiday and we can't hand the signed contract and rest of the bond in til Tuesday, when we're supposed to move in Wednesday, if they haven't had my work's refferance, we wont be able to move in yet. And my work are useless so I've got a bad feeling.

Spent a fortune but my hospital bag and contents should be with me shortly.
I'm due in 5 weeks completely freaking out, heartburn has become terrible,
I've pulled a muscle in my back whilst packing,
I think I have cystitis - a few times now my pee has stung, I have low abdominal pain and sometimes feel like i'm bursting, get up there and hardly anything comes out.
So I'm up about 6 times a night, not sleeping properly.
And because of the pulled muscle it hurts to lie, sit , stand walk.
I think I also have SPD! Jesus.
The moving thing is stressing me out before it's even happened, OH has had to pay last set of bills for his current place which has left him skint , meaning I have had to buy a hell of a lot yet again with my poxy £330 a month pay.
Babys kicks are really painful now.
Sorry girlies. Just had enough! Finding it really difficult now. It's 4am, I didn't sleep properly lastnight and I am exhausted but just also can't sleep. Because i'm in agony in many places, and fed up, and 5 weeks is too, fecking, LONG.

I really hope you're all much better than I am, haven't had a chance to catch up in zombie rant mode. Sorry for moaning, I'm lost without you ladies to talk to! xxxxxxxx

Sorry you are feeling so bad Rach, sometime being pregnant sucks. I hope you feel and sleep better tonight.

I too am having a rubbish day, not for anyone one reason, Ive just had enough!!

OH is driving me mad, I dont want him near me!!
Phoebe has pushed me to my limit, she has turned into a little monster and I have had enough. Im seriously tempted not to take her to Fireman Sam tomorrow she has behaved that bad!!
Ive itched all weekend, its calmed a bit now but now my right hand is going numb so probably have carpel tunnel to add to my list of things I 'may' have.
Im hungry and there is nothing in the house.
OH (who never drinks) went out and bought himself beer and no sweets for me!!
Baby is humoungous and hurts when he moves.

Oooh I could go on!!!
I think I may have a shandy, its needed. Though OH will probably give me evils whilst drinking it and I then wont enjoy it!!

Can you see the sort of mood Im in here :haha: I just want to sob

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I do have one highlight, I got a rocking moses basket stand for £2 off a girl I know at a carboot. I never got to carboots and the one time I do I get my bargain of the year!!

xxx

What did I say??

OH wont 'let' me have a bloody shandy!!!!!!!

Barbles, massive hugs to you, I'm sorry to hear about Phoebe being difficult, I'm sure she'll get over it soon, can't be easy.
My OH gets like that, "I'm not letting you have..." Drives me nuts.
Have my scan in 2 days, wonder if baby is still measuring small. Doesn't bloody feel like it. She is often pressing on my bladder area too, which makes me nearly pee myself.! But she feels huge! The movements are so sore now if they're sudden / sharp. Even the slow ones are uncomfortable.
Amazing about the stand though! I really think I should go to car boots more, it never occurs to me to go, but often worth going.
Hope you feel better today, I had a decent nights sleep lastnight, for the first time in literally months. xxx

Glad you had a good nights sleep Rach, it sometimes makes a world of difference. Jacobs movements are the same, so painful and I can be literally doubled over when needing the loo.

Ended up going to Flambards today and my child was a delight for once. We ended meeting friends there and had such a laugh (my friend is 30 weeks pg). Fireman Sam wasnt worth the wait lol but the rest was very good. I am suffering now with hugely swollen fingers and ankles and will proabably be stiff with all the walking I did.

Some pictures, meeting fireman sam, on the rollercoaster with daddy (the face OH is pulling :haha:) and my swollen ankle :haha:

Attachments

• Flambards 035.jpg
    Flambards 035.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Flambards 041.jpg
    Flambards 041.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Flambards 040.jpg
    Flambards 040.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5
Hey ladies!

Wow it's been quiet here lol. Sorry you're not feeling well Rach, that's never nice is it? Glad you got a decent nights sleep though.

Amanda, see if my hubby tried to tell me 'you can't do/you can't have....' I'd to it 3 times over just to piss him off! But that's just me lol. Hope you got to see Fireman Sam today. ETA - Just seen the rest of your message and the pics, Phoebe is just gorgeous and she looks soo like you! xxx

Sooo! My weekend was good, except I was ill! Lol. On Friday night I went to bed at 9pm but because I was sharing with Jayden I never slept well at all, he kept kicking the radiator, pulling my hair, smacking me lol, but he was sleeping! So I never slept well then we were up at 4am to leave and I was shattered :( couldn't get back to sleep and felt sick, had to stop a couple of times, couldn't eat my breakfast or anything. Got to Thomasland and felt a bit better. Went for lunch and couldn't eat anything, felt awful again :( Sat in the car for a while, couldn't get comfy or feel better, cried in the cue for Thomas because my back and pelvis was agony, got to the zoo part and had a slush puppy (sooo good) and headed back to the Hotel. Sat down for a pee and had to do it fast cos I was violently sick (and it was green because of the slush puppy :rofl:)! Ended up peeing myself a wee bit because I wasn't finished on the bog :blush: Slept for 2 hours, hubby made us go out for dinner, ended up eating 5 chips and wanted bed again, slept from 7.30pm -6.30am and woke up staaaaarving! Felt so good to feel better lol. Went to visit family in Stockport and got home about 7pm last night, sleeping for 9pm again lol.

Sorry, that was looooong! Lol. There's no way I'd leave so early in the morning again, pregnant or otherwise, my dinner was still in my tummy from the night and it sat there all day because I was tired and travelling :nope: never again!

Hope everyone is well and all back soon for a good chin wag.

I'll leave you with a photo of Jayden with his facepainted on Saturday lol xxx

100_0893.jpg

Barbles, massive hugs to you, I'm sorry to hear about Phoebe being difficult, I'm sure she'll get over it soon, can't be easy.
My OH gets like that, "I'm not letting you have..." Drives me nuts.
Have my scan in 2 days, wonder if baby is still measuring small. Doesn't bloody feel like it. She is often pressing on my bladder area too, which makes me nearly pee myself.! But she feels huge! The movements are so sore now if they're sudden / sharp. Even the slow ones are uncomfortable.
Amazing about the stand though! I really think I should go to car boots more, it never occurs to me to go, but often worth going.
Hope you feel better today, I had a decent nights sleep lastnight, for the first time in literally months. xxx

Hi Rachy, sorry to jump into your thread, but I notice you say they think your bubs is small too. Can I ask when wad the last time they measured, and what were the measurements? X

Morning ladies, hope everyone has had a good weekend and bank holiday :) Hope things get sorted today rach, and everything will sort itself out eventually im sure of it :)

Jayden looks pretty scary in that photo claire! haha.

I had a good weekend with Tom, only managed 4 times this week hehe. Anyone got any exciting plans for the week? I have to gut my uni house, our tenancy runs out the end of June, but i just dont trust my housemates to clean it properly so im going to do my best now. Already bleaching the bath xxxxx

Morning. How is everyone today? Are you feeling better Rachyroux and Barbles? I’m at work today, but only today for this week. And then I have 4 days of work next week till I’m off on maternity! Yay! DH dropped me off this morning as he is really worried about my fainting episodes.

I’ve started thinking about my hospital bag now… it’s making me feel panicky that I have so much to sort out… I cried the weekend because I just didn’t feel organised at all. I’m usually the kind of person that has lots of lists and needs to be ultra organised but for some reason I haven’t sorted anything out, I’ve kind of just ignored all the things I need to buy and get ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->