Limbo Ladies!!

Morning. How is everyone today? Are you feeling better Rachyroux and Barbles? I’m at work today, but only today for this week. And then I have 4 days of work next week till I’m off on maternity! Yay! DH dropped me off this morning as he is really worried about my fainting episodes.

I’ve started thinking about my hospital bag now… it’s making me feel panicky that I have so much to sort out… I cried the weekend because I just didn’t feel organised at all. I’m usually the kind of person that has lots of lists and needs to be ultra organised but for some reason I haven’t sorted anything out, I’ve kind of just ignored all the things I need to buy and get ready!

Yasmin im the same! I have minimal amounts of clothes, no toiletries etc. My mum keeps saying we can get that closer to the time, but eeeeeeeeeeeee, its 8 weeks! xxx

I only have 6 weeks now and I feel like I just dont know where to start?? I have a list but everytime I look at it I feel like its too much. I dont know why I feel like this :(

Morning everyone, hope those of you who haven't been feeling well are feeling better now and getting back to normal and that you all managed to make the most of the long weekend! Mine was incredibly boring.

Friday night: Got home late from work (8ish), husband was in a foul mood trying to rebuild a wardrobe he'd been moving, watched a bit of rugby whilst he finished and then went to bed. No tea or anything!
Saturday: Husband better and apologised for crankiness but then out all day on a drinking tour of Manchester's old man pubs so had to entertain myself. Did several loads of washing, ironed some curtains, chose myself a LOVELY hat for a wedding this weekend (more on that later), went to Mothercare and spent about £150 on God-knows-what, then twiddled my thumbs, watched Glee and ate a pizza waiting for husband to get back! Two of the best Glees ever though - the Rumours and Prom ones!!
Sunday: Watched Monaco Grand Prix (disappointing end!), moved furniture around and put up new curtains. Moved into a different bedroom to free up ours for renovation works this week (woop!), watched bit more rugby. Was so tired from the moving couldn't be bothered to make nice tea.
Monday: Husband working and also his birthday. His present hasn't arrived so I look like a crap wife. Did some more washing, took his dad to B&Q, watched quite a lot of Come Dine With Me, sorted through the baby stuff I've bought/been given to see what needs cleaning/chucking etc, cooked roast pork, attended rugby match.

And now back in work looking at that list and thinking how boring and sport-orientated my life is! On the plus side I've managed to take apart the moses basket and other stuff and with a good clean everything should be ok, and also we won our match last night in a good fashion. BUT....

HAT CRISIS-O-RAMA!!! I refuse to attend a wedding without wearing a phenomenal hat and I chose myself a beautiful one for this weekend from the hire shop. The lady has just rung saying that it's already booked out and I can't have it!!! So now I'm going to have to go over there again on Thursday morning when I was just supposed to be picking it up to have to start choosing another one! Aarrgghhh!! HAT STRESS!!

On the plus side, I'm going to a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet for lunch with a work friend in Chinatown, never been to one before so intrigued!

And yay, plastering starts on room 2 of 3 tomorrow! Unfortunately this means more 100-year-old black dust from the ceiling being released, noooooo!

I only have 6 weeks now and I feel like I just dont know where to start?? I have a list but everytime I look at it I feel like its too much. I dont know why I feel like this :(
I am exactly the same. I look at my list which is a bit hit-and-miss anyway, get a bit of a sweat on then put it back. My primary aim is to get work out of the way (finish at 36 weeks!) then have a mass session of ordering things on the internet. They'll arrive within a few days then everything is sorted! Job's a good 'un!

Hello ladies!!

Not been on B&B for over a week....missed so much!!

Hope you are all doing well!!

Vicki, can you not pull the 'pregnant/hormonal' card in the hat shop to get what you want??

I was off work last week, so I was practicing my house wife duties! lol! Made an awesomne steak pie, some flapjack and a strawberry and apple crumble....and watched CSI til my eyes bled!! Did about 4 hours of ironing in one go, nearly keeled over, and did lots of shopping!!!

Gave hubby a fright on Sunday night..... I woke up at about 2 am with the worlds worst leg cramp...i was screaming, I couldnt speak and I couldnt reach my leg to rub it...so hubby though Id gone into early labour...Ooooops!!! Now that we've had that 'little scare' he's nagging me to get my hospital bag ready!!!

1st day back in work today and I must say, I did not miss the M6 one bit while I was off... I hate people!!! Its like Im driving an invisable car!!!! I mean it's a 4x4, its not small....how do they all not see me?!?!

Anyoo..... another week of w/c 20th June.... so not too bad!!

Im hungry!! xx

Oh poor Mr KTB!!! He must have had the shock of his life!

Vicki - Hmmm... on line shopping, got some stuff to return, I haven't been happy with asos maternity wear :(

What sort of maternity wear have you had from ASOS? Ive not had anything yet, I was a bit dubious about the sizes as they are usually small fitting anyway....

Just wanted to share my new favourite bump pic

https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/MichelleGannon/utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTMtMjAxMTA1MjItMjIyMC5qcGc.jpg

I bought some maternity lounge pants and the material lost its elasticity so after 3 wears I was constantly pulling them up. Also the material was so cheap that when I hold them up you can see it has thinned already and becaome slighly see through. I expect that after a while but not after a few weeks! I also got a shirt from them which shrunk ever so slightly and now it is tight on the bust. Just not happy with the quality at all. I emailed them to complain and they said I need to send it all back so they can check them.

Only one of the dresses I got from them was nice and fitted well, otherwise I have been living in size 12 Primark clothes, I cant wait to get back my old body after the birth.

Michelle your bump is so cute!! Mine just looks funny :) Lol and I have discovered back fat too!!! Nooooooooooo!!! :(

Hey guys. How is everyone doing? Sounds like there's been a bit of a mixed bag of weekends! Michelle- your bump is so gorgeous. All neat and lovely :)

Well, my weekend completely sucked :( Went down to London on Saturday for the match which obviously didn't go very well. Was a long day and we didn't get back home until 1.30am. Woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible stomach bug which hasn't properly gone yet and to top it off, our cat has been missing for 2 days and there's no sign of her anywhere. We've been out looking every couple of hours, knocked on our neighbours' doors but it's as if she's vanished into thin air. She's really old now (18) and not in the best of health, so it's worrying that she has been gone for so long :(

Ive been on a Primark PJ and nighty spree! I figure that Im not going to wear them long, they gonna need to be big and easily accessable...so I went crazy!! Spent like a whole £30! lol

Dont think I'll bother with any ASOS then!! Sounds too hit and miss!!

Im in serious need of some work tops!! Before my week off I could still get away with my normal stretchy tiops with my maternity trousers/skirts...not anymore!! DOnt wanna spend a fortune though as only at work for a few more weeks!!!

I'm still wearing some size 12 primark tops. They had stripey ones and plain coloured ones so Ilive in them. I also have some summer dresses that accommodate my bump. My other baggy dresses dont fit around the bust anymore so I'm looking forward to being a c cup again!

Oohh work has employed someone to replace me... feels weird cos she might start on Monday so I can do a handover!

Oh Kim, that doesn't sound like a great weekend at all :( I do hope you find your cat, she must be scared out there :hugs:

Michelle, great bump!

MrsKtb, I've started getting cramp in my right arm at night, very very strange! Eating bananas help because cramp is caused my lack of potassium and bananas are a natural source :thumbup:

Yasmin, I know how you mean with being overwhelmed. At this stage in my pregnancy with Jayden I had EVERYTHING sorted, including my bag. But this time I don't have half of the things I need in my bag. And I can't even pack it till 33 weeks because we're going on holiday and using my bag (horrible for me being so organised) You will get there huni, try not to worry too much.

I've been feeling really sick again today :sick: but luckily Jayden's being pretty good so I'm trying to take it easy. Not sure what I want for lunch, if anything at all :wacko: xxx

Barbles- Phoebe is sooo beautiful! I hope you had a nice day,and that your swelling calms down soon :)

Claire- sorry to hear you felt rough, Jayden is so cute as a little monster, that face painting is pretty impressive.

Princess pea- Yes that's fine, bare with me and I'll have a check in my antenatal book, infact if you send me a private message, that would be fab as it will remind me to tell you the measurments later :)

Michelle- Thankyou lovely. waiting on the phonecall from OH after he's gone on his lunch break to see them... nerve wracking, I want to start moving tommorow! or even better, be moved in by tommorow. :hugs: lovely bump pic! xx

Yasmin- feeling a bit better thanks hun, bet yoou can't wait to finish work! & i'm the same, usually the most organized person in the world but everything is so hectic now as I've left it all last minute.

Vicki- enjoy the chinese! I had one lastnight, dad teaches the owner (of the chinese restraunt) 's son saxaphone, so he offered us to come to the restraunt for a free meal, me mum dad my brother and Jeff (OH) 3 courses each and was fantastic! I hope you find a hat soon! I love come dine with me too :)

MrsKTB- Aww I bet he had such a fright! sounds like you were being a good housewife, I'm going to have to train myself up too!

Kim- Big hugs sweetie. I was feeling really emotional lastnight anyway after we went for food, and I came back to my parents house before leaving to go stay at Jeffs and my cat jumped on my lap, and I started bawling my eyes out, new house doesn't allow pets and I've had Pushkin since I was about 8/9 and will be missing her so much. She's a mute and can't make sound when she opens her mouth, and she was abused before we got her which makes me feel even more sorry for her. I hope your kitty turns up soon, Pushkin had a weird one off few days a few months back and I was convinced I wouldn't see her again, she never ever leaves and doesn't come back, but she was away for a good 2-3 days, and it was so out of character, so try not to worry. I hope she shows up soon.

I spend £120 online the other night on hospital bag, essentials and basic things.
-Hospital bag from amazon.co.uk
-1 set of pjs shorts & top, 2 nighties, slipper socks from tesco.com
-Travel toiletries from boots.com
-Kitchen essentials and house essentials for the new house- dunelm mill
- Tommee tippee breast pads from Amazon
- Slippers from debenhams.com

Jesus christ can't believe all that cost me £120. EEK.

Love to all my limbo ladies. xx

Oh I didnt think about tesco's PJ's. Are they reasonably priced?
Claire sorry you arent well hun... I'm thinking about lunch too... starving!
Cant decide between a jacket potato or a falafel and houmous panini.

I got some Tesco PJs the other day, I got a size bigger and the bottoms are awful!!! There is no give in the waistband so they cut off my circulation! Rubbish! Not sure if I just got a duff pair though!!!

Im thinking a panini for lunch....but Im so hungry....Im not sure that will do! lol

they arent maternity but I just got the size I kind of am now and they seem fine. They arrived today.
I ordered one vest top, one pair of shorts, and a pack of two nighties, quite cheap :)

https://www.clothingattesco.com/bro...klist=icat,4,shop,catgwomens,womens-nightwear

Starving!! and its raining outside :(

Cant wait for today to be over... need to get in bed again.

Update; OH just called and despite my useless work not handing in a work reffereance, they're fine with everything to go ahead as we have both of our parents as guarantors! So we will be picking up the keys first thing in the morning, Jeff has booked a few days off to move everything, we have a scan in two days to check if baby has grown or is still small, and they are putting new windows and doors in the house either next monday or monday after.

HUGE weight lifted now that I know we're definately getting it tommorow :D YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
some good news finally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->