limescale on kettle

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I have got a stainless steel (I think?) Kettle and have only had it 7 months, the other night I noticed it had lime scale on the bottom so I cleaned it using a kettle descaler tablet but it hasn't got all of it off and I need the kettle to make LO's bottles... has anyone got any idea how I can get it all off? Or do I need to buy a new kettle?

White vinegar works really well on my kettle. Put enough in to cover where the limescale is and leave it for about an hour. Give it a good rinse and a boil afterwards.

White vinegar works really well on my kettle. Put enough in to cover where the limescale is and leave it for about an hour. Give it a good rinse and a boil afterwards.

Thank you! I will give that a go :)

i usually fill the kettle up to the min mark, boil it & add white vinegar. then leave it for a while.

the limescale shouldnt get into LOs bottles if there is a filter bit on the spout..i think all kettles have a filter. xx

i usually fill the kettle up to the min mark, boil it & add white vinegar. then leave it for a while.

the limescale shouldnt get into LOs bottles if there is a filter bit on the spout..i think all kettles have a filter. xx

Going to go and get some white vinegar today.. Only got the brown one. Yeah it's not getting into his bottles but will it not contaminate the water? x

No sure. I always used to worry about that too. If you are worried you can always boil water in a pan? I just got a new kettle in the end, £5 from Asda

No limescale isn't damaging but it's a bit yucky to see, our water is horrendous and our kettle is disgusting after 3 months. White vinegar is amazing at clearing it (it's amazing for all sorts actually haha!!)

I use lemon salt, it's from a very random shop near my mums so not sure where you'd find it, but it gets every last scrap of lime scale off. Lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda work in the same way apparently https://www.domesticcleaningtips.co.uk/how-to-de-scale-a-kettle-in-minutes/

I use white vinegar. I use it for almost everything :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->