***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

Yeah thanksgiving is one of the top holidays here. Turkey is usually the thanksgiving dinner and for Christmas the tradition dinner is a huge ham. :D All the side dishes are usually the same for each holiday with potatoes, yams:)sick:), cranberries:)sick:), green bean casserole, mac n' cheese, rolls, etc.

I always make deviled eggs, mac n' cheese, loaded mashed potatoes, turkey and stuffing, green bean casserole, and rolls for thanksgiving.

And for christmas this year I made a glazed ham, loaded mashed potatoes, and breaded brussel sprouts.

Yummm I'm hungry. LOL! The smell of turkey is in our house and I want to eat it NOW. But we are waiting until dinner to eat the actual thanksgiving dinner.

Honestly the only thing people typically do on thanksgiving is have family get togethers and stuff their faces, and watch the parade & football(American not soccer). :haha:

what are deviled eggs? lmao it sounds good to me!

im making my first ever christmas dinner this year but me and stuart dont like turkey so were having

roast chicken, roast potatoes, mashed potatos, yorkshire puddings, parsnips, buttered carrots, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower cheese and stuffing, :D oo and gravyyyy :D :D :D

and what are loaded mashed potatos?

Mashed potatoes with bacon pieces, sour cream, chives, and cheese mixed in. :D And I sprinkle cheese on top of it too and bake it so it all melts on it. And deviled eggs..hold on I'll google for a picture and recipe. They are SO good.

This is similar to how I make them, but I don't use powdered mustard, I just use regular mustard.
https://www.deviledeggs.com/classic_deviled_eggs.html

And ooo I forgot about gravy! We plan on making gravy today too. I nearly forgot all about it. :haha:

omg that mash sounds like my perfect food haha, i always make potato skins with bacon and cheese and put loads of sour cream on top i never thought of making mash like that i might do that for christmas dinner yum,

stuart is gunna be home in half an hour and were just having pizza tonight x

ohh deviled eggs are like egg mayo basically then haha sounds good x

omg that mash sounds like my perfect food haha, i always make potato skins with bacon and cheese and put loads of sour cream on top i never thought of making mash like that i might do that for christmas dinner yum,

stuart is gunna be home in half an hour and were just having pizza tonight x

Me too with the potatoes. Seriously every time we go out to eat and potatoes is a side, I always ask for them to be loaded. :D It's SO yummy. I just found another recipe and it says to put cream cheese in it. I think that sounds good too. I may just throw it in there today and see how it turns out. :haha:

i always put dairylea in my mashed potatos and i put garlic paste in too lol and some times i put hardboiled eggs in chopped up XD

Ohhh Devil eggs look yummy. Might try them thanks Cleck :thumbup:

No prob Pip! They really are yummy. We usually eat them all in one day. :haha: I made 2 dozen today (12 eggs and than halved) and we've already eaten about half of that. :dohh:

deviled eggs are good :thumbup:

We had turkey, mashed potatoes (not loaded though :haha:), gravy, mac & cheese, cranberry sauce from a can!, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top, asparagus and pumpkin pie for dessert.

It is a big holiday here like Cleckner said. Do you have black friday in the UK? It's always the day after Thanksgiving and when all of us Americans go crazy and start our Christmas shopping. Stores open really early- sometimes at 3am! If you're serious, you will get there long before the store opens and stand in a line :haha It's always a Thanksgiving tradition in my family to sit around and look thru all the sale circulars that come in the mail on Thanksgiving day and to make up a shopping plan to get to all the best deals before the time runs out.

im confused how you can eat sweet and savoury on the same plate haha :haha: marshmallows on like the same plate as gravy? ??!!?

i cant imagine eating mac and cheese with other stuff either apart from veg or salad, its funny how we do things so differently isnt it!

no we dont have a black friday as such though UK amazon is doing black fridya lightening deals this year, i wish we did though, they do tend to reduce things this time of year for a week or so before jacking the prices up for christmas!

i went and bought last night a 6foot artificial canadian slim christmas tree, 80clear lights for it and a strings of clear star lights for the window for £26! that works out about $40 on the currency converter i just used! :D

the only sales i get up early for and go to is the Next sales cus they are so good i love the clothes from there for jesse but i dont always like the prices and the sales are always like 70% off so i get up and go early and its always ridiculous with women running around picking anything up in their kids size and fighting over stuff haha x

Boothh any sign of AF? Just logged on to check. x

no AF but my tests arrived and i got a bfn, well just been to check and theres a line now but i think evap, something deffo goin on but i dont know what the hell it is!

Awww Boothh :( I was sure this was ur month!! Have u managed to get an appt at the dr's for bloods? Fingers x'd it's not a mmc but if it is then this will be the 3rd and that means ur entitled to some investigative treatment right? Obvs u can have gorgeous health babies! Jesse is proof as said before lol! Hopefully it's nothing, maybe u just need a hormone reset like Kim! I hope u get answers either way Hun!

Pip - how are you feeling now? My sickness is unreal, I can't function properly it's horrid :(

im dont even feel bothered about it i dont know whats going on my lines are so faint they almost arnt lines i might go to the docs on monday if AF not here and say like i want bloods cus somethings goin on im on CD52 now thats not normal almost 2cycles for most people that!

Boothh - sorry about the bfn, I agree a trip to the docs to talk about your long cycles is a good idea.

If I could offer some advice (and this isn't meant to offend/ upset etc) it would be to NOT use FRER anymore as I do hear a lot of people getting very faint lines when they aren't pregnant. It is just not worth the heartache of thinking you might be just to get a bfn on another test. I personally would stick to clear blue or something in the future, you might have to wait acouple more days for a positive reslt, but 2 days in the grand scheme of things is nothing in comparison to the uncertainty you seem to be facing when using FRERs. I hope I don't sound preachy I just hate to see you go through this.

I am so anal about it that when I test I look at the test after 2 mins (or whatever is the time on that test), a quick look, if there is no obvious line I chuck it away and don't look at it again. i figure if I miss a really faint line then it will eventually come out stronger and it means I don't get fooled by evaps - I hate evaps!

big hugs x

i dont like frers anyway i only got them cus they were on offer! still no AF though! appointment booked for tuesday evening, and i have my first cognative behavioural therapy session on tuesday too, busy day for me and doctors haah x

Sorry it's a bfn hon, not sure what's going on to be honest maybe it is just a slow riser, when was the first line? I'm glad you made a doctors appointment though as they can sort something out for you. x

i dont even remember, tuesday i think and it was barely there even if you squinted, but the ones on wednesday and thursday were still extremely faint but darker than the first i used a diff test today though so i dunno, AF still isnt here either way and my boobs are still really sore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->