***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

This pregnancy is flying by. I think it's because I'm so busy and with Sam you don't have much time to think about it. You are so good not telling the others before 8 weeks, I got carried away and told family, friends and you lot :rofl: I needed to have people around me that knew as I was a bit scared of another mmc but all has gone well obviously. Just had a shopping spree at Mothercare, they have maternity clothes half price with another 20% off. I feel really good as I must of lost weight recently as normally they aren't just quite big enough. Fab though got some nursing tops for £5 and trousers for £8 and a cardy for the house for £10. Bargains.

Shiv I'm still so chuffed and grinning from ear to ear for you. I'm so excited we have another Lion cub. What's the due day, I'm guessing September without working it out? Only two months between us eeeek

Well 1st October, but I imagine that could easily change by a day and be September. Plus Sophia was a week early so I guess this one could be too (all being well!) don't you just hate the first 12 weeks and having to say that after everything you say about beanie!

I am hoping that I won't have to buy too many more maternity clothes as I will be heavily pregnany over summer again and I had some lovely clothes last time - but we'll see how early i pop (all being well :haha:)

I am pretty sure I won't be able to hold out until 8 weeks before letting the facebook group know but I won't be telling anyone in real life before my first scan!

Yes, first tri sucks, it's just so uncertain and full of worry and sickness but seriously I don't know where the last 10 weeks have gone. I'm actually quite scared how quickly it has gone. The first two weeks are always the slowest and now here I am thinking about my gender scan in three weeks. October birthdays are good for school years and he/she will be oldest in the year. I only told close friend and then everyone I meet now lol. I still can't believe I'm actually going to have two in 5 1/2 months :shock: I have some maternity clothes but I only bought a few and wore them to death so I think a few new pieces won't hurt. I'm more excited about the nursing tops as I find them hard to find. :)

Pippin- Maternity clothes always seem more expensive to begin with so thats great to get some at a bargain! It's hard to find them on sale too. :thumbup: I ended up buying non-maternity clothes in a larger size to fit over bump because I couldn't see paying so much for clothes I may only use a few months.

Shiv- What excuse did you use to not drink? :haha: I would have trouble keeping my mouth shut too! So excited for you still!! :happydance:

When I was pregnant with Kira I had no clue about anything! The midwives that I see do not offer a 8 week scan or even a 12 week scan. The first scan I would get is the 20 week scan. I only had a 13 week scan with Kira because they couldn't find her HB. So if I get pregnant, I'll have to make up some lie to get a 12 week scan. They don't do nuchal fold measurements either- all they do is take your blood at 12 weeks. Perhaps if I pester them I can get an earlier sonogram :haha: I was so ignorant last time!

We have to pay for early ones here Spidey. The 12 week one is by nhs though so that's free. I couldn't wait till 20 weeks that would drive me mad with waiting. Lots of my clothes fitted me all the way through but couldn't resist these ones today.

wow I can't imagine having to wait until 20 weeks to see that everything was ok with baby - I'd go (even more) insane with worry!

Maybe I'll get loads of symptoms with this one (all being well :haha:) which i guess would be reassuring. With Sophia if I hadn't have seen a positive test I wouldn't have believed i was pregnant so the early scan was a relief. in fact i remember it was you Pip that suggested I go for one!

Probably was Shiv, I'm a big fan as I think if you are relaxed then the baby will too. Don't wish loads of symptoms on yourself you might live to regret it. The all day nausea for 4 weeks really got to me. I had about a week off in all that time with the odd day. Least with Sam it came in waves, this time is was all the time and at worst watery mouth but couldn't be sick. Bah never want to do that again. I think two will be my limit. I love this bit onwards though. Will miss it again once it's over.

Anyone heard from JoeyJo? Didn't she get that faint line and then not come back to update us? I wonder if she is ok. JoeyJo if you read this hope you're ok! :hi:

Geez my maternity clothes got tons of use because I'm still wearing them!! :rofl::rofl: I refuse to buy a bigger size for my giant flap of a tummy so I stick with whats comfy for now. :haha:

So theres only a small few of us left that need to get pregnant. Spidey, hurry up! :haha:

haha.. maybe I won't get pregnant till you do Cleckner! We did manage to have time to dtd last night :thumbup: And I saw a teeny bit of ewcm yesterday too, so perhaps I'm going to ovulate soon.

We're lucky to have really good health insurance thru DH's work, so we hardly pay anything out of pocket. I think Kira cost $5 total :haha: I'm going to try hard to convince them for a 12 week scan this time because there is no way I can wait till 20 weeks. Last time I was perfectly happy to wait till 20 weeks :wacko:

Shiv- I'm with Pippin- don't wish for symptoms! YUCK! I know what you mean by the watery puke mouth. Oh, I am sooo not looking forward to that part!

I'm keeping everything crossed for you Spidey so you keep everything open ok :haha: It'll be lovely if you can both be at the same time.

Shiv has it sunk in yet?

Not really sunk in at all yet! It dawned on me a bit when I couldn't eat half the menu in a restuarant just now!

Oh and I used the " I need to be sober in case Sophia wakes up in the night" ecuse, pretty sure no-one bought it, but I only had to lie outright to one person who asked if I was pregnant

haha.. thats actually a good excuse Shiv. I'll have to remember that one :thumbup:

I always took the car and said the tubes were down and I live to far away for other options so had to drive instead. Then I said I darn't drink even one as it was Christmas season. They all bought it. I like the excuse you used as well.

I found the not being able to eat a load of things a shock as well at first but I have to admit I'm not so strict this time. I stay away from pate and raw meat but I've had smoked Salmon and some blue cheese. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, it was all I fancied at the time so sod it :blush: My Mum just ate brie and peaches with me and I'm fine..... sort of :rofl:

Anymore poas Shiv? I was at it every day :blush:

hahahaha no not yet! I have one more digi which I plan on using once it should have turned to 3+, so at the weekend. So you will have to wait until then!

I can't be more relaxed about food, my husband is a pregnancy food nazi! He watches me like a hawk!

ooo! You have a ticker Shiv!!!

When I was pregnant I stopped eating salads out, since salads are handled so much and it's very possible the workers have dripped raw meat juices on them. DH is a health inspector so he tells me about all the nasty things he sees in the kitchens of restaurants. Infact, since he started working as a health inspector we pretty much stopped eating out, LOL.

thanks for that Spidey, that's salad off of the list now too :dohh::winkwink:

afm well i think i am round about OV, had lots of ewcm, and lots of sex, getting pregnant isnt the problem for me though :dohh: im taking baby aspirin so lets see what happens! x

fx'ed that baby aspirin makes this one a sticky one Boothh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->