***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

Cleckner- I was telling DH about your weight loss with only adding in exercise and I couldn't remember the details! He wants to lose some weight but it's impossible for him to cut foods out of his diet because he loves food too much and overall he eats fairly healthy so I think he would really struggle with feeling hungry. So the thought of adding in some exercise each day seemed very doable to him, but he wanted to know the details- how long each day and what exercises you do. You are becoming famous because I told my mom about your weightloss too :blush: She wants to lose weight but does temporary fad diets and ends up gaining more weight once she stops so she's given up. :flower:

I started out in the beginning just riding my recumbent bike for I think 30 minutes the first few weeks. On level 2 tension. I went from literally no exercise to trying to lose weight so it took me a while to work myself up. I than added in a 30 minute walk at least once a day. Which is pretty much necessary for me anyways because I have 2 dogs that need walked.

Now this is my exercise routine as of today:

Recumbent bike- 60 minutes a day. On level 4 now.
Walk- 30 minutes in the afternoon and 40 minutes in the evening. (I walk a different dog each time because they are impossible to walk together.)

Occasionally I'll throw in 20 minutes on the elliptical. When I first started I could only do like 2 minutes before I wanted to die bc my lungs hurt so bad. :rofl: But now I can easily do 20 and probably could add more but I haven't tried yet. :lol:

I'm not much of an inspiration this week with my gain. :( I'm praying it's a fluke. Technically it's not a gain because I lost 2 lbs this week so I'll end up breaking even for the weigh in tomorrow. :cry: That's two weeks of no loss.

Awww Cleck you are plateauing , really normal stick with it and you'll come out the other side next week :hugs: classic time when people give up. You're doing so well. Are you measuring yourself? Bet you're still losing inches! xxx

Thanks Cleckner! I wrote it all down and will tell DH this evening :) You could very well be losing fat but gaining muscle. I bet Pippin is right and you're still losing inches. When Corey gets back you should take him on a long hike and I bet he'll get out of breath before you!

Nipples are less sore today so my theory still says I'm not pregnant. I am such a weirdo because a meeting with the BIG boss was scheduled for March 31st. IF I'm pregnant, then I'll be having morning sickness and I will be on the verge of tossing my cookies the entire meeting or worse! I'm going to feel nauseous as it is even if I'm not pregnant, LOL! So now I'm worried about this stupid meeting and it's 3 weeks away!!! I think I mentioned on here how I was losing my job in February, but obviously that never happened because I'm at work right now. I'm still getting a paycheck, so I keep showing up :haha: My boss had a mental breakdown and quit in January, so I've been showing up and doing my work, but I don't have a boss. So the BIG boss sent me an email because he wants to meet with me :shock: This might be the end for me, but I'm trying to keep positive and hope that he lets me stay. IF I am pregnant, then I need to keep it a secret until after this meeting!

Maybe the big boss is so pleased by your efforts that you'll get a promotion! How awesome would that be. :lol:

I did just start measuring myself last week on wednesday bc that was the day I was super frustrated and upset. It's been a week and a half since that first measuring and I measured myself this morning. 5 inches gone! :shock: Is that even possible?! It's a 1.4 lb difference since last wednesday but 5 inches difference.

So this week I managed a 0.4 lb. loss. :dohh: It's coming off SO slow. :( AF should be here this week and I'm super gassy so I think that's why though. LOL!! :haha:

See told you!!! :haha: Yes that's perfectly normal to lose inches and not weight, I use my fitness pal when I diet to track my cals (or I did till they made it difficult to use) and there are loads of posts/advice saying that's true! :thumbup:

5 inches!!! :happydance::happydance: That is so awesome!! Screw the scale and focus on the measurements now!

At work today I found out that one of the girls is pregnant. There was a big baby boom when I had Kira and I wanted to be the first crazy girl one to get re-pregnant with a second baby :haha: Oh well!

I hope you're right Cleckner! To be honest, I never thought it would take me this long. I've been trying for 7 months now! So I have moments where I feel disappointed. But 99% of the time I believe that things will work out for the best in the end. :thumbup:

I hope you're right Cleckner! To be honest, I never thought it would take me this long. I've been trying for 7 months now! So I have moments where I feel disappointed. But 99% of the time I believe that things will work out for the best in the end. :thumbup:

It's true I think. Im not religious at all but I do think things happen for a reason and what goes around comes around. We obviously make our own choices but I have a healthy respect for natural courses within life. Its weird as when I lost the last baby in Sept it was such a bad timing to be pregnant. I know I couldn't cause the mmc but I do wonder if some of my thoughts prevented it developing, it was much wanted of course but worried about age gap, work etc really got to me. Then with this one we weren't going to try until after Christmas but in Oct when I got that second positive opk which I never get I said to dh we need to make our baby now and we did. I've always seen myself with the boy girl combo and low and behold here I am, with the age gap I wanted. It was the same way for my mum when she was ttc (exactly!) and I wouldn't be here today if that middle one had survived! It took months and months to get Sam so go figure. It'll happen Spidey :hugs:

My original plan was to start TTC my first baby when I turned 30, but then Kira was made and it turned out to be the best thing ever! We have one plan in our head, but what actually happens seems to be just as perfect. Now I just have to be patient because sometimes that can be difficult for me :haha:

Well AF hit me today. :cry: So my LP is only 10 days long. I'm really upset. I'm probably going to start taking B6 supplements to lengthen it now. It's the BFing that's causing it. I have this very strong feeling that I won't get pregnant yet. Like DH will be home, we'll try for five months, he'll leave again out to sea and I will have to wait again. I think that is what's going to happen. On one hand, that'd give me time to get back to my normal skinny self and it'd give Emma a chance to quit BFing so my cycles can get normal.

Cleckner that really sucks. If the B6 can lengthen it just 2 days more then you'll be okay, right? Have some hope that in the next 3 months you can get your cycle back on track. I have a feeling that bf is keeping me from getting pregnant too, but bf is still very important to Kira so I don't want to stop now.

Jelr- I hope you're doing okay :hugs: Let us know how things went.

Yeah all I need is a 12 day cycle so hopefully B-6 will help. I'm gonna read a bit more into it before I start taking it. I'm always really cautious about anything going into my body like that. Especially with Emma still BFing. A new baby isn't as important as Emma getting booby atm. Even if it takes another year before I get pregnant again I can live with that. Just gives Emma and I more one on one time before she has to share me. Although I'm sure this won't stop me from bitching about not being pregnant yet. :rofl:

I've restarted my weightloss ticker. I want a fresh start because I'm starting to feel really 'blah' about it all. I'm having trouble getting into the workouts now. I really just want to nap all the time instead. :rofl: So I need something fresh. I think I'm gonna order a few funny weightloss books to help keep me going. I'm open to any suggestions from you girls too!! :flower:

Haven't heard much from you Shiv and Pip. How are you ladies feeling? Pip you are getting so close already!! :dance: It's really flying by.

jelr- how are you feeling? :hugs:

Hi girls, our Internet is down and I'm waiting on a new modem so just a quick message from my phone to let you know the d&c went well (well doesn't seem the right word but it went as well as it was meant to ifykwim).

I'm okay a bit heartbroken at the moment but I know that will get easier with time and the anestetic has knocked me for six so I'm fairly shattered but dh is home so he is letting me lie in and making me go back to bed when I'm wiped. He has been such a sweetie and is doing everything around the house and won't allow me to lift a finger.

So I'm trying to focus on the good things that I have going on and i definitely have the most caring and loving hubbie anyone could ask for and a beautiful little girl so between them I will get through this.

I hope your all well and I will get on and do a proper update and catch up when the Internet is fixed.

Well AF hit me today. :cry: So my LP is only 10 days long. I'm really upset. I'm probably going to start taking B6 supplements to lengthen it now. It's the BFing that's causing it. I have this very strong feeling that I won't get pregnant yet. Like DH will be home, we'll try for five months, he'll leave again out to sea and I will have to wait again. I think that is what's going to happen. On one hand, that'd give me time to get back to my normal skinny self and it'd give Emma a chance to quit BFing so my cycles can get normal.

Hey hon mine was only 10 days too with all three, maybe 11 but if it's over 9 then that's fine :hugs: chin up hon it's not bad :hug: look at me!!!!:kiss:

As for me I'm good, think I have a cold and feel tired and achy because of it but hoping it won't last long. Bought Sam more shoes today, man he's got big feet bless him but he is a big baby!!!! Work has been hard to 8:30pm nights two thursdays in a row and it wipes me out. Still easy week ahead with hydrotherapy starting wed for my back :thumbup:

Hi girls, our Internet is down and I'm waiting on a new modem so just a quick message from my phone to let you know the d&c went well (well doesn't seem the right word but it went as well as it was meant to ifykwim).

I'm okay a bit heartbroken at the moment but I know that will get easier with time and the anestetic has knocked me for six so I'm fairly shattered but dh is home so he is letting me lie in and making me go back to bed when I'm wiped. He has been such a sweetie and is doing everything around the house and won't allow me to lift a finger.

So I'm trying to focus on the good things that I have going on and i definitely have the most caring and loving hubbie anyone could ask for and a beautiful little girl so between them I will get through this.

I hope your all well and I will get on and do a proper update and catch up when the Internet is fixed.

:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs:

Glad it's all over for you now and you can start the emotional healing. Here for you hun if you need us :hugs:

Hi everyone, sorry been MIA for a few days, I've been away for the weekend visiting friends, which was supposed to be a nice fun weekend but I got diagnosed with tonsillitis on FRiday morning so have been feeling pretty crap all weekend (but still went as thought I'd stand a better chance of getting some rest away than at home with Sophia :haha:)

I am feeling quite sorry for myself, my neck has ben so stiff but the antibiotics must be starting to kick in as it has eased off a bit today, but my throat is just getting worse. David has just left for a week at uni so I am praying Sophia has a good week, but he informed me that she has had teething poos over the weekend so doesn't sound good! Well that is my moan of the day over with!

Cleck - I think that the whole vit B thing can work pretty quickly so I can't see a reason why you couldn't get your luteal phase extended by the time Corey comes home.

jelr - I hope you can start feeling better soon :hugs:

pippin - glad you have an easy week ahead of you, put your feet up when you can

Spidey - how are you nips?

Thanks for the update Jelr. I hope you and your DH can heal quickly from this :hugs:

Shiv- I hope you feel better soon. It's such a nightmare to be sick and have no one to help with Sophia. I know what you mean about going out despite being sick. A few times I've gone into work not feeling well because I knew I would get more rest at work than staying home with Kira :haha: I hope Sophia had a good day and let her mommy rest.

Cleckner- I did a quick google search on B6 and it seems that higher doses can decrease milk supply, so you might want to read up on it a little before trying it. But its nice to know that Pippin got pregnant from having 10 days between ovulation and AF, so there is some hope!! :thumbup:

My nipples are back to normal, so I'm pretty certain that I'm still not pregnant. AF will come Friday or Saturday morning, so if I don't see her by then, I'll test. I don't want to waste another one of my precious tests!

I had a whiney moment this morning. DH has been working a second job on the weekends and I've been feeling like such a single mother. He's gone all day, then he's gone most evenings for his hobbies (wood working and blacksmithing) and then he's gone all weekend! Plus I hurt my lower back really bad about 4 weeks ago and I keep re-hurting it since I don't have a moment to rest anymore. He feels bad too because the only time Kira sees him is when he's saying good bye. My MIL, who lives next to me, knows that I'm here alone all day, but the only time she comes to visit to "help out" is in the evening when DH is here for an hour or so before bedtime. Yeah, so I whined, and now DH is taking a day off tomorrow :haha:

spidey- Yeah I read that too. I decided to just take it. I'm only taking 100 mg and if my milk supply dips I'll quit taking them immediately. But I'm gonna give it a shot.

Yay for your hubby taking a day off!! I'd be upset too if that was my DH. But thankfully mine tries to be home as much as humanly possible once his ship is in. He does sometimes spend a bit too much time in the garage working on our car though. But it gives me a break because Emma 'helps' him out there. I have a few pictures of her covered in grease. :rofl:

Those nipples of yours may just be curses instead of a good thing. They might just be playing mind games with you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->