• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

:hi: im wading in here :lol:

Max has a cows milk protein allergy, he is on nutramigen :thumbup:
Hes not had blood tests for this but the Dr's are happy to carry on giving him this formula till he is 1 as it made his symptoms disappear (diarohea, barely eating more than 1oz, crying, had reflux type symptoms and was treated with a few reflux meds at first, rashes, losing weight and gagging) Whe he turns a year we have to try him with a yoghurt and see how he reacts,depending on what happens when he eats one will decide what happens next

:)

Mumof4 - I have also been told to try Bun on dairy every once and a while. The doc wanted us to test it out when he was 9 months old, but it took me until he was a year to actually try. I felt like I had finally got him eating (he didn't start solids until he later due to dairy issues) and gaining weight, so the thought of putting it back in his system was crazy to me. At a year he still had similar reactions when we gave him yoghurt. We tried yoghurt because it is fermented and easier to digest than real cow milk, so if there was a reaction I reasoned that it wouldn't be as bad. I will probably test it out again when he is 18 months. It would be great if he outgrew it though - I would love for him to be able to just eat anything he wanted :(

I feel your pain, snack times are a real pain with us because Things Harriet has maxie wants when he just cant :( i try and give them the same/similar thing but she loves yoghurts and he always wants what she has. its not so bad at meal times as i usually cook something we can all eat, or pretty much the same, its mainly snacks i struggle with. He loves fruit but Harriet wont touch it :dohh: shes into throwing things on the floor so when she wont eat it, he wont. And she prefers different things to him so its such a nightmare! when we go out and i buy her a snack its bad too, the shops round here are limited so he usually ends up munching a tomato or something :rofl:x

Sarah, I dunno if it is worth a go, but what about trying max on Soya Yoghurt, could he have that??

Yummy :D
I was about to make more banana loaf then noticed i had no plain flour :dohh:

Think thats why I have lost the weight, because we had so little in the house that was dairy free! even ketchup has milk in!!!!

ohh has it? crap i gave Alex some a couple days ago. Better go check mine!

wow lots of weight loss!!

I've gone back to swimming. Off there again tonight!!

:hi: Sarah. Isobel is nearly 2 and still on formula. I don't think she'll ever cope with normal milk. Much to MIL disgust!!

What i find helpful is looking at ingredients via the online shopping facilities. Get to browse in peace and quiet (well when my monster is in bed!)

My ketchup doesn't either - though LO hates it anyway! :haha:

Hope you're all doing well today!! :flower:

Alexs face is getting better, it looks like the best we usually get it atm (still some rash but not completley gone) and im wondering how much longer to keep using the hydrocortisone we have.
We usually get told 3 days for trimovate from the hosp and weve used the hydrocortisone for 3 days now.

Im also challenging Alex with something with peas in tonight aswell as his skin is calmer ill see any reactions he has.

Well so far we have no immediate reaction and no scratching :D
Tomorrow i will try peas in their normal form and see how he gets on (yes he willingly eats them!)

Ive added a bit to the first post on the front page for useful links. Any info links or recipe links i will post them there so they are easy to find :)

Hi everyone

You can email supermarkets you use and ask them for a list of things that contain dairy and soya so you can avoid them, for the people who have iphones there is a good app called foodwiz.
Glad Alex's face is better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->