• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

yep i get you, Alex has the same reaction with them.

Maybe work out how much the packs are costing a week and put it against the one of cost for a cloth kit? Men seem to like money things :lol:

So true. And then point out the fact that I do the washing! And themajority of nappy changes! haha

I'm gonna try puttingsome cream on his face before he next has tomato to see if that helps :) xx

*Knock Knock... can i come in? :lol:

I don't really know if i should be posting in here as my LO doesn't have an allergy per say... she has very sensitive skin and eczema. It's mainly behind her ears, in the crevices of her neck, behind her knees and her armpits :( We can't use baby wipes either as she seems to have a reaction to them so we just use cotton wool and water. Her rashes seem to be quite bad at the moment :( we were using Aqueous cream that the doctor gave her, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference, last time we were there he said that we should persevere with the Aqueous cream and see if it gets better, but if it didn't he said about prescribing her a mild steroid cream called Dioderm... not too sure though because isn't she too young for something like that?!
xx

:hi: lily!

Aqueous has recnetly been proven not to be good for eczema and to no longer be prescribed for it in chidren. Not all GPs are up to date with this though.
Theres a chemical (sodum lauryl sulphate or SLS) in it that can make the skin worse and even thin the skin!
Its no wonder you havent seen any improvement.

If you can, ask your doctor for another cream like diprobase, doublebase or oilatum to try. If you think he wont prescribe something else, you can buy Oilatum from boots and Asda.

Steroid creams are fine if used properly, though obviously it is preferable to not need it at all but sometimes the skin just needs a little help to heal. You may only even need one application once in a while to help.

I'll second Aqueous cream being no good. There are lots of others to try. Oilatum is thicker and also Aveeno is good. Apparently Aveeno is prescribable too.

This link might help everyone.

WHen I first went to GP about Isobel's bottom, I re-did her growth charts. I found this link https://shop.healthforallchildren.co.uk/pro.epl?SHOP=HFAC4&DO=USERPAGE&PAGE=SINGLEPLOTWEIGHT . I entered her first weight, printed the graph, then entered her next weight saw where it was on the graph and put it on my newly printed version. When the chart was done, I could see more dips and rises in her weight. The GP found it helpful as well, as its a little more accurate than, "about there" when plotting weights.

Finally caught up

Sun - Connor has a calcuim medication, he has 1 spoon 3 times a day, he had blood and stool samples taken so im not sure which one they tested for the calcuim level but it was one of those.

AG - Connor is small both height and weight wise, he just doesnt seem to grow and drops sometimes aswell. Can i ask how much alex weighs and how tall he is? If you dont feel comfy sharing then its no problem or you can PM me.

I hope everyone else and there LOs are ok x

No problems sharing on here :) he's 24lbs roughly and 83cms height

Isobel isn't much bigger. She was 28lbs few weeks ago.

No problems sharing on here :) he's 24lbs roughly and 83cms height

Connors 19lb and 73cm and hes not much younger than alex, im really struggling with it at the minute, i just feel like im doing something wrong and thats why hes not growing

Jemma, are you or his dad small? Is he following his percentile line in growth? I doubt that you are doing anything wrong, although being parents it does feel like that.

Jemma, are you or his dad small? Is he following his percentile line in growth? I doubt that you are doing anything wrong, although being parents it does feel like that.

OHs 5"11 and im about 5"6/7 and size wise id say were normal

ETA - hes always been below the 0.4 centile line and it stays below but sometimes it drops because sometimes he loses weight instead of gaining, does that make sense?

yes it does make sense. If he is 'kinda' following the line, and not going through the lower line I wouldn't worry too much. I posted a link, earlier and I used that to accurately plot Isobel's weight.

thanks ill have a look at that link now, hes under the lowest line so he cant go below any other lines but it still goes down. That was probably a better way of explaining it

Arcaine girl! You got the wrong end of the stick. I meant to link this tread in there. Just wanted to talk to some of those i already know aswell! Sorryyy :D

Jemma - I second taking the percentile line as meaning more than his weight/height in comparison to other kids his age. My doc only ever looks at Buns percentile line. If it goes a bit off here and there, she isn't concerned - but if it goes way off like it was by the time we quit dairy - then she starts to worry more. xxx

:hi: Sorry haven't dropped by for a few days hope everybody is ok:hugs:

Sun- Thanks for the recipes can't wait to try them:thumbup:
Jemma- My ds consultant told me that when they are on dairy free formula they have slow weight gain and try introduce foods with fatty acids, I use a supplement with Adi and add it to his milk. My ds is the same only on 4th centile.:hugs:
AG- I had an easter egg and Bunny from Sainsburys both df/sf

Has anybody been told to keep trying you lo every now and again to see if they can tolerate things? The consultant keeps saying I need to try ds every so often to see if he has outgrown his allergys but everytime I do he has a reaction. I tried him with a tiny bit of soya yog and all his chest came out in a rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->