• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Mumof4 - I have also been told to try Bun on dairy every once and a while. The doc wanted us to test it out when he was 9 months old, but it took me until he was a year to actually try. I felt like I had finally got him eating (he didn't start solids until he later due to dairy issues) and gaining weight, so the thought of putting it back in his system was crazy to me. At a year he still had similar reactions when we gave him yoghurt. We tried yoghurt because it is fermented and easier to digest than real cow milk, so if there was a reaction I reasoned that it wouldn't be as bad. I will probably test it out again when he is 18 months. It would be great if he outgrew it though - I would love for him to be able to just eat anything he wanted :(

Luke's not doing great today. We've had 5 horrible poos, and the rash on his face has come out again:( My poor boy. On a better note, turned out i had some lanolin free zinc and caster oil cream from when he was ikkle so I'm trying that out of his bum. Mums of little boys. His testicles are red and very sore looking, nappy rash?

I was told to test her at 18months and then again at 2yrs. I have actually been 'challenging' her once a month. Still no change.

Lukes_mummyn good that you have lanolin free zinc & castor. Can't help with boy bits. But I do think you need to go to GP this week

I haven't tried him with anything milk based since he had reactions twice as his face swells and has huge hives. I'm going to see what the hospital says on Thurs x

Luke's_Mummy- This is going to sound silly but when ds had bad nappy rash I was told to use canistan cream as helps soothe the rash x

The diatician told us to test connor at 1 so we did but since his reaction is so bad theyve said there going to wait until hes at least 2 to try him again but thankfully the diatician still sees us every couple of months to see how were going

:hi: lily!

Aqueous has recnetly been proven not to be good for eczema and to no longer be prescribed for it in chidren. Not all GPs are up to date with this though.
Theres a chemical (sodum lauryl sulphate or SLS) in it that can make the skin worse and even thin the skin!
Its no wonder you havent seen any improvement.

If you can, ask your doctor for another cream like diprobase, doublebase or oilatum to try. If you think he wont prescribe something else, you can buy Oilatum from boots and Asda.

Steroid creams are fine if used properly, though obviously it is preferable to not need it at all but sometimes the skin just needs a little help to heal. You may only even need one application once in a while to help.

Helloo :)
Oh dear, i had no idea about the Aqueous cream :nope: definitely not using that again then! I put Oilatum in her bath every night, it definitely does a good job :thumbup: but by the morning she's all pink and prawny again :(
Thank you for putting my mind at rest :flower: :hugs:

We havent been suggested to try and challenge Alex yet, but we are still trying to get him under control. I really hope he grows out of it :(

If anyones interested, this is the article published from the University of Bath about aqueous cream:
https://www.bath.ac.uk/news/2010/10/18/eczema/

Thank you hun, that article is really interesting!
Awh don't worry, he will grow out of it :hugs: xxxxxx

thankyou :hugs:
We have some peace tonight, hes at grannies overnight as he is every Sunday. A nice peaceful night from his coughing and a lie in :lol:

*touch wood* Little Mans skin seems too be looking a little better WITHOUT steroid!

He has been off steroids for 4 days now and well usually by now he is red raw but he is instead just dry, not red!

We are only having too use the steroid under his chin, I am thinking that is worse because he is a very sicky baby and the dairy will be there when he is sick so that might be why this place is taking longer too clear???

Anyway this is what I am currently doing and I hope it is this thats working

Aveeno - first thing when getting him dressed for the day

Doublebase - every nappy change during the day I strip him off and cover him in it

Aveeno - When getting ready for bed

Oats in a sock - for bath time

Camomile tea with Almond oil - as a wipe solution when changing nappy

Camomile tea soaked liners - in his cloth nappy too keep his bum clear (he has eczema all over the front of his nappy area too)

Extreme maybe but it *seems* too be working!!!

Thats fantastic news Buttonnose!

I think it was already mentioned here (or somewhere else cant remember lol) have you tried a but of cannesten on the nappy area just incase theres a little yeast infection there?
We struggled with redness and rashes for ages and didnt realise it was a yeast infection!

oooo no, might be worth a try!

I did a camomile tea soaked liner in his night nappy last night and it was the first time every he woke with a bum that wasn't red!!!!

Fab :D If that works for now then id keep doing untill getting some cannesten.

Will be picking Alex up in a few so we shall see what state his face is when he comes back

Wow Buttonnose, at least you now got it undercontrol.

Lily - you can get oilatum as a cream which can be prescribed instead of Aqueous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->