living with kids with allergies group

Its hard to get them to understand. I almost want to bring her to her next hospital appointment!!

The appointment went well for once!
There were different nurses today and ran the booking in differently, it seems more relaxed and less like a conveyor belt!

I stood my groud and told the Dr we werent using any ointments with SLS in and told him that it just made his skin worse, he was okay with that and happy for us to keep using emulsyfying ointment (which is one of the main ingredients of the ointment he prescribed that we stopped using)

We explained about Alex having a reaction to lentils and that we stopped his diet having any soya in it. He made a face and (i think :lol: ) said we did the right thing to cut it out and would get Alex tested for pulses and beans.
We will need to wait 10 days for the test as he wants us to give alex 3 days of Piriton to calm his skin after his viral infection and then a week break so its not in his system for the tests.

He also wanted to test Alex for a peanut allergy, but after explaining that Alex has has peanut butter and never reacted, he was happy not to test him and that Alex at least doesnt have a peanut alergy. If he did we would know as its a more serious reaction!

He wants us to see the dietitian again aswell, and we have another review with him in 3 months.

Hey!

Really glad your appointment went well! It seems that they listened to what you were saying to them, doesn't happen very often!

Do you know if Alex will outgrow his allergy at some point or not? It might be a silly question but I obviously don't know much on allergies! :blush:

a large perentage do grow out of by the time they are 3 so there is a good chance he will :)

AG - so glad the appointment went well! xx

I hope Bun outgrows his allergy too!!! I feel like his reaction at a year wasn't as bad as it was at 6 months, but that could be because it was just a one-time thing and his system wasn't saturated with it. It does make me a bit sad to think that he won't be able to eat/drink what the other kids are.

AG- Glad the appointment went well, I try and buy most my food stuff from health shops as they do vegan foods.
Do any of you give your lo's frozen desert? Adi loves the new one what was on dragon's den it's made out of fruit puree but looks and taste like ice cream. I tried him tonight with fresh noodles and veg he loved it.
Bun- I'm same as you just hope Adi grows out of it, I've found though that Adi's reaction has got worse. Me and his dad decided if they don't test him soon we are going to pay privately as we want to know.
:hi: to the newbies xx

Mumof4 - I love Dragons Den!! xx Only seen the Canadian one though - been watching it for years!

Never heard of this fruit puree "ice cream" - must search for it! I sometimes buy Bun some ice cream since he loves it so much. We either get a mango sorbet you can get locally that is only mango (so delicious) or buy coconut ice cream made with coconut milk. The company who makes the coconut ice cream also makes other frozen DF treats, but they are expensive so we save it for special occasions xx

one of us is tired & cranky, the other of us is fighting fit!!

How are you & Alex??

BTW - *I* am the tired & cranky one lol Little Man has been up since 6.30am and still refusing too nap!!!!

:lol: oh dear!

Were good, Alexs face is much improving and ive made a scrummy lunch i hope he will eat!

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/quick-sausage-casserole
(worcester sauce is subbed with chili powder)

mmmmmmm sounds scrummy!

I am so excited about weaning Little Man, only 4 more weeks, HV said not too do it before 6 months because of his eczema

Sounds like you have a well informed HV there :D

I think he ate about 3 mouthfulls :rofl:

we are so lucky, our health visiting team as so lovely and supportive (you hear so many horror stories about HV's) I am just hoping the new HV will be equally as nice when we move

I ditto one for not seeing one for a year!!! Mine are awful. Last time I saw one was for Isobel's year check and before that it was when she was 8wks!!

Well im quite impresssed!
We took Alex to our gp at the start of this year asking about getting vitamins for Alex to be sure he was getting everything. At the time she told us that they didnt prescribe any unless there was a proven deficiency.

She just phoned us today about a leaflet she's seen from "healthy start" where if the parents get child tax credits, they can claim for vouchers towards multivitamins :D

she didnt tell me it was CTC with a cap of £16k earnings a year :dohh:

Oh well, ill try it anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"