living with kids with allergies group

It's only adi I need food for as the other's get food included, Can bake lol but not much good at it. I might take a lunch box with me and see what things I can make, I brought some pizza bases so might make some mini pizza and make some cakes as you suggested. The biggi is making sure the other kids don't give him any food. Thanks for suggestions x

Oh yea i know that prob well,i have to watch Alex like a hawk at playgroup!

Dont forget Antihitamine aswell incase he gets something he shouldnt!

I agree with AG, id make a couple of sandwhiches for him.

Connors hair looks alot better now but he cried all the way through so not nice. No idea what was wrong with him the other night but hes been so much better last couple of nights, going to bed at 7 having a bottle at around 12 and then sleeping until 9-9.30 so im happy. I was worried about him having his breakfast late but spoken to diatician and she said its fine. How is everyone?

Late breakfast will be fine, Alex doesnt eat any! He has his morning milk, about 2 mouthfulls of toast and thats it till lunch!

Thats exactly what connors like, i just panic because of his weight because no-one is happy with it but i do everything i can but he just wont put any on. You got much planned for tomorrow? X

I wouldn't worry about connor's breakfast, some days adi has a few mouthfuls of fruit pot or oats. How's your course's going Jemma?
Adi had bit of a reaction today to a biscuit didn't even say contained milk on them, which is confusing. His face broke out really bad and gave him some prition seems ok now again x

My english course is going fine, maths im ok with some things but others im struggling, im sure ill get there eventually. Im doing an OU course aswell and had the first assesment mark back the OH and i didnt do very well so im disappointed with myself. Connors been ok today although hes been coughing alot so think he may have a chest infection. Does anyone else find there LO gets ill alot?

We havent found that with Alex, just the normal amount of sicknesses really.

He seems healthy enough, just short :lol:

girls I need your help :(

How do I stop little man scratching his head to bits, he has drawn blood 6 times already today and has deep scratches on his head, I keep stopping him and he won't keep mittens on, I am using lotion's/crmeams 6 - 8 times a day yet he is still itchy with the dry skin

what can I do :( he is so unhappy :(

Do you have any Piriton/Chlorphenamine? If you dont im not sure if you need a prescription for it or not but can give the chemist a phone and find out?

And do you have any oats in the house?

You could also put some cream in the fridge, something cool might offer some relief

Alex came back from grannies today with a very slight rash, she said he was itching during the night (stupid me forgot to pack piriton for her) but considering that his face looks really good!

We need to be careful using piriton at the moment as were waiting for a phonecall when to go in for his next set of tests, and he cant have piriton for 3 days beforehand.

Is anyone on facebook?

we have oats and i'll try the cream in the fridge idea, we don't have piriton :( I jyst feel awful for him, he just keeps crying and scratching :(

I have facebook :)

itll be worth getting some piriton in for days like these :hugs:

Add me :D Kaz anderson

Hi ladies. I am looking for some advice if you don't mind? I have an 18 month old dd who has really dry patchy skin and raw patches. She has had this from about 6-8 months old and it doesn't get any better or ever seem to fully go away even after numerous trips to the doctor and numerous combinations of creams etc. her half brother has severe exzema and iis mum has told us this is caused by an intolerance to lactose. I don't know if these things run in families but wondered if it might be worth pushing for allergy tests to be done. If you think so could you give me some ideas how to convince my doctors to refer her on and not get fobbed off with yet another cream combination? Sorry for the long post but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The thing that got my gp to refer us was us saying Alex had a reaction to cheese, his face became red and itchy.

Have you noticed if shes had any reactions shortly after having any dairy?

the only other thing to do is try taking dairy out yourself and see if theres any improvement. Is she on cows milk?

Thanks. Yes she is on cows milk and her skin is quite bad. What do you substitute it with?

She has issues with tomatoes, they make her skin flare up so I might mention that.

I guess it is just a question of pestering them until they do it! Its just hard to see the improvement with the creams but it never goes away. She is quite lucky that it doesn't seem to bother her too much and it isn't on her face, just all her creases and her belly. Thanks again for the reply!

We first gave Alex Alpro soya, thats okay for a coupel of weeks but not long term use, the dietitian then prescrbed us Cow and Gate infasoy.

Those might be a good place to start

Hey girls! How are you all doing? Katerina is doing better. Buy yesterday we were out at a reastaurant with my parents who are visiting from Greece and I gave her some bread as she was so jealous that we were eating and she was not! :dohh: Well she had a bad night again! Bad tummy, tensing up a lot, I can tell it doesn't agree with her! I am not sure whether she is intolerant to wheat or whether it is just too much for her now because of her problems on her intestine. Doc said to not give wheat to her but I'm still waiting for him to reply to my email asking why as I got a bit confused! :S

I also got his letter for my GP. His diagnosis sais: Intestinal allergy associated neuroimmune interactions with functional rectal outlet obstruction.

Is it me or does this sound complicated?:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->