living with kids with allergies group

was just curious if that was the cause as we sub with oat milk, guess it s one less thing to worry of.

we use oat milk but for little mans food (custard, ready brek etc we use neocate, he is breastfed otherwise)

I actually really like oat milk lol

since Arlo is almost exactly the same age and started the same symptoms at the same time I'm curious. has he also had trouble with gaining weight the last weeks but was doing well before? and if you substitute milk do you use oat or rice milk? I'm sorry igf you've mentioned it before but it's hard enough typing with sir squirms-a-lot trying to see what I'm doing, let alone reading through the thread again...:coffee:

Haven't had him weighed in about 3 weeks so will update you on Thursday when I do. So far he's more or less following the same percentile, just under 50th. That's why I wasn't too worried about the poo. Also I think weight gain slows as they get more mobile.

Maybe it's the lack of dairy in the diet that causes poo to be runny? Might be coincidence but when I accidently ate dairy the other week he had a more normal consistency poo. But his farts stank (like they used to before dairy free) and he was in real pain for a day or so with his guts.

He's only ever had breast milk so far but I guess I will substitue with oat milk or the Kara coconut stuff I use if that is suitable for LOs. I have no idea.

Or I might just try and pump breast milk to use in his food. Sounds like the best idea in theory but not sure how much of an effort this will be and don't have enough freezer space to store lots of BM.

I am a giant idiot. It just dawned on me that I eat a LOT of oats... If I'm right, it's my own damned fault he's losing weight and eating constantly as I have just kept the regular pattern of feeding on both sides each feed.

I'm going to try block feeding for a while and just putting him back on the same side when he stops half way. If the green poop stops at least I can rule out yet another allergy, unless it is lactose intolerance.

It doesn't sort the eczema but I'll hang myself for a damned fool if this is the problem.

Hi there! I am Tina. I have three kids, Jasper who is almost 8. Makena who is 6, and Kelana who is 7 months old. My son was allergic to strawberries quite severly (massive hives, swollen face) but has out-grown that allergy now, and can actually eat strawberries as much as he wants!!

My daughter, Makena, has asthma and gets pneumonia fairly frequently from it. She just had her I think 6th bout of pneumonia??? She wasn't hospitalized this time, but has been hospitalized several times before. We don't know what her allergies are, but she does get eczema and hives quite often and actually has a current case of hives right now, but it seems to be clearing up now (been several days).

Kelana was just diagnosed with a cow's milk protein allergy. She had blood in her poop etc and we suspected that and cut out dairy which cured it, but just got it confirmed by the pediatrician. She is to not try diary until she is 2 years old.

All my kids are breastfed until they are 2 years of age, but allergies run in the family, so I suppose there was always a good chance they would get something. I am extremely allergic to shellfish.

Anyways, thought I would pop in and get some ideas/support.

:wave: Jasmak!! Welcome - Bun is also allergic to milk protein.

Vinushka - We also use lots of oat milk! I make it in batches and add a little banana just because Bun loves it that way. Sometimes I buy coconut milk (actual milk in cartons as a milk substitute, not the kind in cans) which I love because it is less watery and doesn't have the sugar/additives that some other milk subs do. Also Bun loves loves almond milk which I make as well (though sometimes will buy it) xx

Can i pick your brains ladies for some sandwich ideas?
Alex isnt a major sandwich fan but he seems to like them with a filling that doesnt fall out. It seems a bit weird giving him just bread and butter sandwich :lol: (which he hoovers up!)

hi ladies

im after a bit of advice/suggestions.

ive tried making gluten/dairy free bread using the doves farm bread flour mix but its a total flop :nope:

i thought the first time i did it it was coz the yeast had been open too long so yesterday i tried again in the breadmaker with fresh yeast and its happened again.

i used the reipce in the instruction manual but substituted the normal flour for gf flour and used soya marg instead of butter.

any suggestions ladies? i need to save some cash here somewhere and making bread is cheaper than buying but at this rate it wont be!!

Alex isnt a major sandwich fan but he seems to like them with a filling that doesnt fall out. It seems a bit weird giving him just bread and butter sandwich :lol: (which he hoovers up!)

DS1 never used to eat a sandwich "properly" but would happily eat the bread whch was on one side of the plate, the ham rolled up on another side and the cheese sliced on another side :dohh:

Oh no, i cant help witht he bread sorry, ive never tried making my own yet :( I hope someone else can help you :hugs:

Oh no, i cant help witht he bread sorry, ive never tried making my own yet :( I hope someone else can help you :hugs:

thinking of emailing phil vickery the chef thats on this morning coz he does loads of gf cooking and really champions for celiacs sufferers. only thing is he cooks with loads of butter and cream and cheese instead and for a child allergic to dairy too it doesnt quite work :dohh:

Tell him its got to be dairy free aswell? Any good chef will figure something out for you :)

:hi: Jasmak

Connor also has a cows milk protein allergy. Billy2mm if you do email a chef and they get back to you will you let me know, connor doesnt like the wheat free bread and i could do with knowing how to make some

right well we are back from the hospital appointment

she said she won't look at doing allergy testing until he is older because they are inaccurate at the best of times never mind on a baby, she said they best way too see trial & error, we agreed though it does sound like he has a dairy & soya allergy since alot of his tummy pains & bowel problems have cleared since stopping them

She has prescribed some new bath stuff & ointment and some derma silks, they should all be ready on friday!

so question ...... does anyone else use derma silks? if so ..... thoughts?

Bun likes things on toast (like an open faced sandwich) much better than actual sandwiches. He will eat sandwiches or filling-on-toast type things if the filling is sticky. I make him lots of avocado sandwiches (sometimes chop some tomato, etc to make a guacamole sandwich). Any kind of nut butter - his favourite is almond butter. He loves hummus or any bean dip. Tuna salad - I mash avocado to hold the tuna together. He also loves chili on toast or beans on toast. Pesto with thinly sliced veggies. He will pull out the veggies pretty often though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->