living with kids with allergies group

We've found a cream that doesn't turn his skin bright red seconds after applying it! Diprobase has had no adverse effects so far. I know it won't clear up the ezcema but at least now we can help his dry skin.

right well we are back from the hospital appointment

she said she won't look at doing allergy testing until he is older because they are inaccurate at the best of times never mind on a baby, she said they best way too see trial & error, we agreed though it does sound like he has a dairy & soya allergy since alot of his tummy pains & bowel problems have cleared since stopping them

She has prescribed some new bath stuff & ointment and some derma silks, they should all be ready on friday!

so question ...... does anyone else use derma silks? if so ..... thoughts?

I reckon they will say the same thing to me regarding allergy testing...if the hospital ever returns my call about being referred. So difficult with trial and error though as I never know whether it's a topical reaction, something affecting him through my breastmilk, or something that he's eaten himself. I'm starting to realise that this comes with the territory of having a child with allergies.

ive never used the silks but i know people whohave used the wraps and they were so messy!!!

oh and anyone with gf allergies, phil vickery has an iphone app "phil vickerys gluten free living" might be worth a look :shrug: no idea how much it costs and seeing as ive a blackberry i cant check it out.

They said the same thing to me about allergy testing. They just won't do it. It is very frustrating because trial and error is so hard and ot me even if I got 1 thing out of testing I would be happy. But they prefer to treat the symptoms and investigate those further if needed. I guess they know what they are talking about it. . .

No idea about the derma skills. .! Sorry :hugs:

i called ds2's dietician today and im going to ask about getting him tested - he is 2. do you think they will say yes yet? someting else is deffo breaking out his skin adn making his bnappies so runny and him so smelly all the time!! he is constantly breaking wind and im hiving 2-5 runny nappies a day. not as bad as he was with gluten but something else is going on this past couple months.

2-5 runny nappies a day is really wrong. You should annoy them until they test!!! :gun:

Id deff get on to them, hopefully they will test. Connor was pooing every hour and they rushed us through we saw a paed at local hospital, next week we saw a paed at childrens hospital, day after that appointment he was in theatre n had endoscopy and colonoscopy and week after we got the results. Id bug them until they do something

Jemma can they tell what they are allergic to from the endoscopy and colonoscopy?

compared to him when he was on gluten his nappies were literally water! so its nothing comapred to then but its still not nice and its starting to get to me again the constant changing of filthy nappies, like when he was being sick when he was on dairy - i used to sit and cry that i couldnt work out what was making my son ill and i was spending all day long cleaning up projectile vomit. :cry:

Billy2mm- I was told they test again at 2 sorry your ds is so poorly, hope you get some answers soon.

We have dietitian tommorrow at last, getting fed up of them keep cancelling. Just hope it's not like last time all I got was well your doing everything you can:growlmad: been referred back due to his weight loss and now cause how his skin is started to be affected so bad again.

We cant use any kind of beans, so hummus etc are out :(
We tried avocado and he wasnt so keen on it, i think he prefers avocado as chunks to eat

My LO prefers avocado if it is a bit flavourful - more like guacamole. Hmmm - no beans! Without nuts and beans, I don't think my LO would eat much. Does he eat nuts? I used to give Bun mashed roasted veg (like squash) on toast but he has decided he doesn't like roasted veg any more :( I've also put things like tahini spreads or seed butters (like hemp seed) but Bun isn't crazy about the flavour, so I usually need to add something else like jam. What about something like baba ganouj? Bun loves that too, but it uses sesame seeds (tahini). I have also made dips (like spinach) with varying degrees of success.

xx

Jemma can they tell what they are allergic to from the endoscopy and colonoscopy?

Im not totally sure hun, i think its a combination of things although im not 100% sure. Connor was referred after his blood and stool samples came back abnormal and then i think the colonoscopy and endoscopy just comfirmed it.

Hi girls, i'm just wondering if you have seen this article about a mum who made an eczema cream for her daughter who suffered for years and it cleared it up? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...made-eczema-cure-turned-100-000-year-business. I was going to try some for my babys eczema but it's loads better from what it was and i just use diprobase on the dry patches now. This is the website that sells it, https://www.purepotions.biz/shop/article_1/Skin-Salvation-30ml.html?shop_param=cid=1&aid=1& i think it's only cheap for a small pot so it might be worth a try? x

Just spoke to a HV who has some theories on Arlo's persistent cheek/chin ezcema and his runny poos. She reckons it's all down to teething. Teething aggravates ezcema and the excess saliva causes runny poos. Arlo has been dribbling like crazy since just before 3 months (which is around the time his poos changed to runny if my memory serves me correctly) so might not be anything to worry about at all.

Do your LOs get ezcema flare ups when teething?

well ive jsut tried to make another bread from scratch today. its rising in the ktchen as i type.

the recipe said for no oil or butter ir eggs but used nuts for the oil part but i reduced the water volume and added an egg.

it said i could use normal yeast and tsp of sugar or the fast acting yeast and no sugar but i still added sugar.

oh god based on the number of changes ive made there really is no hope for it coming out well is there?!?!

Just spoke to a HV who has some theories on Arlo's persistent cheek/chin ezcema and his runny poos. She reckons it's all down to teething. Teething aggravates ezcema and the excess saliva causes runny poos. Arlo has been dribbling like crazy since just before 3 months (which is around the time his poos changed to runny if my memory serves me correctly) so might not be anything to worry about at all.

my 2 both had bad eczema and upset tummies when teething. ds2 has quite bad around his mouth that i cant get the back of just now and im wondering if its his back teeth.

when i was little my mum said i was the same.

Little Man's seems too be quite bad around his mouth recently, I have always put his flare up's round his mouth due too the fact he is quite sicky when I have dairy or soya and the sick will contain some of these particles in it (does that make sense?)

I know I have had a few slip up's recently, I just can't get my head around how much stuff they put dairy in that you would never even think of checking :(

Hi girls, i'm just wondering if you have seen this article about a mum who made an eczema cream for her daughter who suffered for years and it cleared it up? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...made-eczema-cure-turned-100-000-year-business. I was going to try some for my babys eczema but it's loads better from what it was and i just use diprobase on the dry patches now. This is the website that sells it, https://www.purepotions.biz/shop/article_1/Skin-Salvation-30ml.html?shop_param=cid=1&aid=1& i think it's only cheap for a small pot so it might be worth a try? x

I id see about that cream, if nothing else is working then id say give it a go but its certainly not a miracle cure likle the Daily Fail makes it out to be. Eczema is such a personal thing and what works for one person might not work for another :)

Alex didnt get flare ups for his first teeth, he did get the runny poos but they were one off's certinaly not a long term thing for the whole duration of teething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->