living with kids with allergies group

Moondrops I am not an expert but from researching to help my LO I've definitely read that mucousy poo is a definite sign that smt is not well. Some people get a bigger reaction on the skin and other get more of an internal reaction which is always harder to identify I think.

I would recommend you take her to the doctor and tell them you concerns! :thumbup:

I am not sure to do with Katerina. She is still not well, her gut is just not working properly :nope: She has the occasional good night but she has a minimum of 3-4 bad nights in a week. The 6 week period that the doctor has given us is long gonw now, we are reaching 8 weeks tomorrow since she started on Neocate and medication. I am not sure whether I want to push for the endoscopy. Its quite invasive so every time she is having a good night I am holding off! But maybe we should just have it done to get a clearer pic?

What would you do? :hugs:

oh happyface, was a horrible choice to have too make, but you need too do what you think is best for your little lady :hugs:

How is everyone? a good weekend had by all I hope!

I can't believe little man is 6 months old today! I went on our scale with him this morning and according too those he is now about 17lb 3oz!! which is amazing!! this puts him just below the 50th line which again is amazing because he had dropped too below the 25th, he seems too have gained great since we started the dairy free/soya free diet so I am thinking that when he was getting dairy & soya he clearly wasn't gaining as he should have be

Thanks girls!

I have contacted the doctors and they will book us in. Only problem is that the doctor is away next week so it won't be before mid-April. :dohh: I just want this over and done with.

Buttonnose82 how cool that your little man is gaining much better now! You must be so relieved! :happydance:

It's definitely more expensive to buy lots fresh fruit and veg etc, even without the extra cost of 'special' foods.

Are you a member of any cealiac etc forums? They're bound to have some tried and tested recipes for bread etc. Maybe pick up a bread machine from freecycle if you've got an active group near you?

no im not a member of anything like that.

my mum has a bread maker that i borrow but last time i tried to make a bread it didnt turn out too well lol. think the yeast was out of date :blush: trouble is my house is tiny and ive no room for a breadmaker to be stored so i have to trail all my stuff up there and make it then trail back up again to pick it up after its cooked which is a total nightmare!

Little Man just tried fresh egg for the first time in the form of a Omelette, I hope we don't get a reaction because he LOVED it!!!

Moondrops - Bun has a dairy protein allergy and he had dark green very liquid-y and mucous-y poos (8x/day or so). They were more often than not streaked with blood as well. He was gaining weight initially, but then stopped gaining completely for a few months until we quit dairy. I would definitely mention it to your doc! I even brought a pic of the diapers so she could see exactly what I was talking about. I know it's gross, but often if you only have a description they fob it off way more easily. I got an immediate referral when she saw the pics! :thumbup: It is definitely worth mentioning to your doc - Bun's nappies and other symptoms got worse and worse over time and I still wish I had found out about his problem earlier! xxx

Buttonnose - Great to hear about your LO's weight gain! xx

I got told by the HV today that the reason Vin isn't gaining weight (put on 1oz this week,) is because I'm not feeding him baby rice...

I'm proud of myself for not arguing too badly with them in public. I just said I was sure the rice would not help his allergies and perhaps I'd think about it in a week or two.

le sigh

They actually tried to tell me, in a room of other mums, that I was ignoring his weaning signs and that I could damage his 'brain and organs' development if I continued to only BF him. If I hadn't known better I'd have been running to the shops in tears for crappy bottle food or something.

Do they not know milk has more calories in it than real food does untill theyre eating more at 1yr :dohh:

I actually said is baby rice not empty calories and just gunna take up space, but they seemed to think that 'it's not empty calories, it's carbs' at that point I just gave up and left. It's cause I told them he was feeding every 2 hours. Apparently when babies weight gain slows they're ready for solids. Well Vin lost 8oz 2 months ago and so far has gained only one back. I doubt he was ready for rice at 3 months.

Vinushka do what you think is best, sadly the professionals aren't always right!

Little Mans hospital appointment has been changed too tomorrow yay! Gutted though that hubby's boss won't let him take a half day holiday so he can come :(

yeah, I got a automated phone call on friday asking to confirm the appointment for this friday and I was like 'erm I didn't know we had an appointment!!" (the letter turned up the next day lol) then they rang yesterday saying they had to cancel but could fit us in tomorrow so I said yup since the next appointment isn't until May 19th!

just wish hubby could have come, I knew his boss would say no :(

That is good, I hope you get some kind of results. Vin is so happy right now, and in 2 weeks we were going to start some BLW anyway so I'm ignoring them. Just feel a bit disappointed that these professionals use such strange and outdated logic, and are apparently not making any effort to study their stuff.

That is good, I hope you get some kind of results. Vin is so happy right now, and in 2 weeks we were going to start some BLW anyway so I'm ignoring them. Just feel a bit disappointed that these professionals use such strange and outdated logic, and are apparently not making any effort to study their stuff.

Arlo's not had any food yet and I want to delay it as long as possible as we still haven't gotten to the bottom of his allergies and my concern is that introducing new foods could make things worse. I find it hard enough with just BFing to know what is causing his allergies. If HVs ask me I'll probably just pretend that we've started weaning just to get them off my back.

Arlo's cheeks and neck are STILL bad. Really at a loss to what else he is allergic to. It could be anything, I can't see any pattern to it and I'm not eating anything different. We finished his week long course of Fucidin and within a day his cheeks are red and he's itching them again. I think I can safely say he's allergic to cow's milk, and potentially soya. There is obviously something else too.

He only seems to get the reflux/gastrointestinal symptoms with cow's milk. He hasn't had this recently, it's just his skin now.

Although on the subject of poo, (sorry this is lots of TMI coming up!) his is always watery and darker than the mustard colour that is supposed to be 'normal' for a BF baby. When he was really young, before the ezcema at 3 months, his poo was yellow and yogurt consistency. I can't remember when it was last like that. Now it is much more watery (absorbs straight through into nappy, doesnt sit on top like it used to when thicker) and it's darker, a light brown colour. It doesn't seem to bother him, and there's no blood or mucous, but I have no idea if this is normal. If this doesn't sound normal, maybe this is another allergy symptom?

That sounds almost exactly like Vin. Although it's been nuclear green this week, think it's cause he has a cold cause he's not eating in the day so well either. We cut out milk and soya months ago and he has the darkish watery poo thing. He also poos about 4-5 times a day and this started at the same time as his eczema. I dunno if it's an allergy thing either but it's an interesting coincidence.

since Arlo is almost exactly the same age and started the same symptoms at the same time I'm curious. has he also had trouble with gaining weight the last weeks but was doing well before? and if you substitute milk do you use oat or rice milk? I'm sorry igf you've mentioned it before but it's hard enough typing with sir squirms-a-lot trying to see what I'm doing, let alone reading through the thread again...:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->