living with kids with allergies group

That good you can get it :D

Random food idea of the week :lol: i bought a few babyjars of things like "mild chicken curry" use it as a sauce add chicken and rice and hey presto an allergy free dinner :D

hi ladies, been a stressful week here since our HV visit I've been so paranoid... :( I guess Vin's teething or something because he refuses to eat so much in the day I feel like I'm forcing him and we end up wrestling over it. It'd be funny if he was okay with the weight gain but he's still waking every hour at night to eat.

I'm wondering if it's worth going back to the GP and see in they can prescribe some neocate just to make food with, although I was planning to start BLW later on because of the weight thing. He doesn't seem ready to me anyways.

He's happy most of the time, just refusing to eat or nap lately.

My DD used to love the veg curry jars, and she hated everything but that and the blueberry ones. Fruit jars are nice mixed in porridge

Im going to steal that idea Ag. What butter do you use? Ive always avoided it but diatician has recommend vitalife. This is going to sound stupid but ive never given connor egg as im worried he might be allergic but the diatician wants us to give him some so we can find out, what sort of egg would you recommend fried, scrambled?

Thanks

first time we did egg we did it as omelette and just added some mixed herbs, he loved it!

we use Pure butter, we were told by dietician not to use vitalite as the fat content is too low, but little man is under 1 so maybe that is why?

We use vitalite and the dietitian hasnt said anything about it.

I felt a bit weird buying 7month+ jars, but you know some days you just want an easy dinner to make? Adding chicken to a jar is easy enough :blush:

The diatician told us to use vitalite because the fat content is high and thats what he needs

And OH is doing him scrambled egg now while im doing some food shopping, he wont eat when im there diatician has said its because he will be picking up on my anxiety

Weird how everyones getting different opinions on the foods from the dietitians!

Yep, its like my diatician told me that most babys/toddlers are put on vitamins and calcuim and i dont think ive seen anyone on here whos baby is on both. Obviously i wish he wasnt but as you said its weird how they all say different things

it would be so much easier if all dietitians gave the same advice wouldn't it!

how did connor get on with the eggs? did he like them?

Ye he loved it and as far as i could tell didnt have a reaction

well ds2 dietician called me back today after speaking to her colleagues and she thinks he is now intollerant to soya!!

i have had a mad dash round the shops to try to find oat milk in my small town and now im going to have to do through all the reading of the labels again and rethinking of his diet totally as she wants him off of soya totally from today and will be calling me back in one and a half weeks then again in 3 weeks to see how he is going.

im totally meh now. ive had a crap week, and i thought i was finally getting myre food bills cut down on and now they are increasing again with the oat milk being twice the price of soya!!!

what do you soya-free mummys give los for puddings? i have been giving him soya yogs, soya custard and fruit or jelly and fruit but now it seems its jelly or fruit?

and i use either pure of vitalite marg for my 2 and ive found the stork block butter is dairy free so im going to attempt to make pastry next week with it and maybe do some baking that isnt fairy cakes lol.

for puddings, not much tbh. Its been fruit, fruit and more fruit really!
I do give Alex the odd digestive biscuit instead sometimes but its hardly a pudding really, best weve done is apple crumble but then he didnt eat it :dohh:

you can make custard using custard powder & oat milk

do you shop at asda or tesco?? I have a email off my dietitian that give lists of dairy & soya free foods these shops sell

what about jelly with fruits in it? Or if they like cookies there's some dairy free recipes like coconut macaroons and stuff. There's a coconut milk called Kara that works more like regular milk that might make a decent powdered custard too.

he doesnt really like fruit tbh he is more a veg man.

custard powder has milk in it so unless i can make it from scratch, which i have never done then nope i dont think so.

ive done jelly with fruit in it and he quite likes that but not too often.

i have his biscuits and his dairy free choccie buttons for a treat too.

god its so hard sometimes and it sucks living in a small town!!!

i have an asda here but its not massive and no tesco other than one half an hour away which will be easier to shop at once i start college as its in the same place i will be studying at. there is a massive tesco where my bf lives so i might have a nose around there and tell him a few things i cant get at mine and get him to bring the stuff to me when ihe visits but that is a hassle coz he lives over 70 miles away :wacko:

Connor has jelly, fruit or the dairy, soya and wheat free biscuits

custard powder shouldn't have milk in, we get birds and it doesn't, it is just the powder where you make it up yourself with whatever milk, I've made it with Little Mans formula & oat milk before x

I have a reciepe for custard i think in one of the books the diatician gave us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->