living with kids with allergies group

custard powder shouldn't have milk in, we get birds and it doesn't, it is just the powder where you make it up yourself with whatever milk, I've made it with Little Mans formula & oat milk before x

ohh i thought it did have milk powder in it? another thing on my list to have a look for today!

and now he's refusing to eat at all, just arches and wriggles and bites. I guess it's teething but I'm still not sure how to get food in him. ; ;

...I had a sammich while I was out and forgot to check for butter, only had a tiny bit of the bread cause I tend to scrape out fillings and just eat them anyway (Bit of an old anorexic habit I never lost) But baba just spit up his milk for the first time in weeks. I feel like a terrible mama now and I'm sure he will have gone down on the charts again tomorrow cause he's all hyper and not eating in the day.

The recipe for the custard powder is

2 rounded teaspoons of custard powder
200ml of milk substitute eg neocate, soya, nutramigen

1. mix the custard powder with a few teaspoons of milk substitute in a bowl , making sure there are no lumps
2. add the 200ml of the milk substitute
3. pour into a small pan and stir or whisk over a meduim heat until the custard thickens and just comes to the boil.

If you want to make it a chocolate custard add half a teaspoon of cocoa powderw and 1 teaspoon of sugar

Not too bad over here, had another flare up and no obvious cause so just getting that to calm down and back to normal.

Weve started getting Alexs birthday presents in for a few weeks time, and me being impatient has built up a couple of bits :blush:

Oh I have no idea what to get Katerina for her birthday!! Need to start thinking about that one :)

The recipe for the custard powder is

2 rounded teaspoons of custard powder
200ml of milk substitute eg neocate, soya, nutramigen

1. mix the custard powder with a few teaspoons of milk substitute in a bowl , making sure there are no lumps
2. add the 200ml of the milk substitute
3. pour into a small pan and stir or whisk over a meduim heat until the custard thickens and just comes to the boil.

If you want to make it a chocolate custard add half a teaspoon of cocoa powderw and 1 teaspoon of sugar

I think we have the same booklet lol is it called 'milk free weaning'?

Does yours tell you what rice too use in the rice pudding recipe because mine seems to have that bit missing lol

Ye it is, ill go and have a look now and get back to you

Mine doesnt say either it just says three rounded tablespoons

yeah thats what mine says lol pudding rice wouldn't work as that needs too be cooked slowly over 60 - 90 mins so would love to know what rice they say too use

I have made a rice pudding using some thai sticky rice, it's not exactly like regular rice pudding, a little more solid? But it had was nice. We went to the weigh in and they had no scales so the HV was just like 'oh well he looks great, should be no problem' and then started discussing finger foods! I coulda laughed as I'm sure she went home after I argued with her and read up on it. :D

She suggested coring apples and making little teether ring type things with them which I hadn't though of and it sounds like fun, so I'm gunna go find an apple corer.

So we tried Katerina with some fish yesterday. Thought it was about time that we tried smt new to see how she gets on. I think she was fine. I only say I think because she had a bad night (she does still have some bad nights though) and this morning when I changed her I noticed 2-3 red patches on her tummy but they were only small. Didn't see anything yesterday though and she had it at about 4pm. So I'm guessing a true allergy would have shown earlier?

Not always, Some of Alexs allergies show within 24 hours but not straight away...

and some allergies you don't get any reaction until the 2nd time you try

we are good thanks, tried Little Man with weetabix again this morning and so far so good, he loved them and wolfed down a half of one!

how are you and the handsome Alex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->