living with kids with allergies group

Got a question for those of you with milk allergic LOs.... How are your LOs with beef?

Arlo had beef for the second time today and almost immediately the ezcema on his face went bright red and he also had a raised dotty rash on his tummy. He's had this rash a couple of times in the past week and I had beef or banana on my suspect list. Hard to tell though because his cheeks have been bad anyway recenty, and he ate in his nappy, so the tummy rash could have just been irritation where he was rubbing food into his skin (messy boy!)....or maybe a topical reaction? Too many factors involved to be sure.

Connors fine with beef, never had a problem with it

So! We are back! All went well! Much better than expected actually even though I didn't get any sleep through it all!

If anyone wants to read the whole story please have a look here: https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...eautiful-family-my-battle-cyclothymia-53.html

Thank you for your support and will update you all when we have the results in about 10 days time!

So glad it went well hun, your sounds alot less traumatic then when connor had his. They wouldnt put him on a drip and he wasnt aloud anything at all. I hope the results are ok

happyface 82, just read your update. I am glad to hear everything went ok, it's often the way that the worrying is worse than the event. Keeping fingers crossed for you for the results x

AFM Stanley's eczema has suddenly started to reappear (rashy all over his back and very red neck) and he's been quite sicky today :cry:

Is it possible that he's developed an allergy to the soy milk this quickly (3 days)? I'm keeping him off solids so that I'm not adding anything else into the equation. I am a bit worried that he's not had solids for nearly a week now, but he's only just 6 months so I am hoping it won't do him too much harm, even if we had established 3 meals a day. Do you think it'll be ok just until I go back to the doctors on Monday? I've gone back to the amount he was having pre-weaning (35oz a day).

We got the dermatology appt through for 26th June. Not brilliant but I guess it's better than nothing. I'm hoping we'll have got to the bottom of it by then though.

Hope everyone else is good today x

Connor had a reaction straight away to soya milk. Literally a few mins after having a bottle he was sick and screaming in pain. I dont know anything about rashs. Connor only had 2 small patches on his arms that cleared up after a course of steriod cream and you can still see them very lightly but they havent flared up since so im sorry im no help

Connor had a reaction straight away to soya milk. Literally a few mins after having a bottle he was sick and screaming in pain. I dont know anything about rashs. Connor only had 2 small patches on his arms that cleared up after a course of steriod cream and you can still see them very lightly but they havent flared up since so im sorry im no help

So weird how they react in so many different ways.

Eczema not too bad today, I'd say "manageable" so I'm going to persevere with the soya, limit him to around 24oz a day plus solids, and see how it goes this week. I'm reluctant to change his milk again unless we need to. Appreciate all the support and replies, thanks girls x

We had to try a couple of different milks until we found what he was allergic to. We had lactose free and then something else i cant remember the name off and then hes been on neocate since 4 months. We didnt try soya until a year on advice from the consultant because it can affect boys growth or something along those lines. Im glad the ecezma isnt to bad today. Connors got the runs and hes really wheezy as i slipped up this morning:( hopefully it doesnt last to long.

We had to try a couple of different milks until we found what he was allergic to. We had lactose free and then something else i cant remember the name off and then hes been on neocate since 4 months. We didnt try soya until a year on advice from the consultant because it can affect boys growth or something along those lines. Im glad the ecezma isnt to bad today. Connors got the runs and hes really wheezy as i slipped up this morning:( hopefully it doesnt last to long.

Yeah, I read all that stuff about soya but my GP obviously not as clued up and would only suggest Wysoy. Well, we will see how we go. I read that under 6 months it's not recommended but am hoping now he's on solids I can get away with a minimal amount and it won't be too detrimental longer term. So hard for us mums to know what to do for the best.

I hope Connor's symptoms don't last long. It's so easily done, I am sure. :hugs:

Yep its really hard. Id finally got my head around milk and soya free and then we find out hes allergic to wheat. Starting to get the hang of it but its hard to see him suffer and know its my fault for slipping up

Yep its really hard. Id finally got my head around milk and soya free and then we find out hes allergic to wheat. Starting to get the hang of it but its hard to see him suffer and know its my fault for slipping up

Crikey, that rules out nearly everything, doesn't it? So hard to get the calories into them when they can't eat anything. Last thing you need to do is beat yourself up though. I've spent the last few days really upset that I didn't carry on breast-feeding as I could have gone dairy free (but I didn't know until I'd stopped). But we don't do these things intentionally, we are all trying to do our best all the time.

Do you get advice from your doctor or health visitor or anyone about what you can feed Connor? Or have you seen a dieticican / nutritionist at all? I've been given the soya but with no advice about what to replace dairy with or how to introduce the other allergens. I'm just going to go slowly and carefully but sometimes I feel like I want someone to tell me what to do rather than all this guesswork!

Yes we've had a diatician since he was 4 months and we see her every 2 months. We also have a consultant at our local hospital and one at the childrens hospital so we are well lucked after but its still hard

happyface, so glad things went as well as possible :)

We were away for the weekend at a family wedding, because there was not alot of dairy free/soya free choices it meant I was having too eat little bits here and there and well that along with the chlorine in the swimming pool now means that little man's skin is in a right state :( I feel so awful & guilty, I took some food with us but the hotel stuffed up at times (like we ordered plain chicken for the wedding breakfast and they gve it away too someone else who hadn't ordered one) it was a choice of eat little dairy & soya here & there or eat nothing :( and well if I ate nothing then it would have affected my milk supply for little man :(

I didn't give little man any diary, just breast fed him more instead of 'meals' but I clearly ate enough too affect him :( I feel so bad :(

Oh don't feel guilty! It is so hard when you are away. You only plan so much! I am really sorry hes had such a reaction, I really hope it calms down soon! :hugs:

A question. I was thinking of maybe trying Katerina to some soya based products as I want her to have more of a variety on meals and snacks. Maybe try her on some soy yogurt or something. Is this a good idea? I was even thinking that I could try her on some dairy like some cheese or smt as I am not convinced that her dairy intolerance is that bad. So maybe little bits here and there might not affect her? :shrug:

Certauinly worth a try, you need to keep testing them aswell to see if they start to grow out of it.

If anybody can help https://www.babyandbump.com/toddler-pre-school/613796-any-mums-toddlers-nursery-have-allergies.html save me writing it all again :flower:

I would definatley give the nursery a list of foods he cant have, they should be clued up on allergies!
Also how to spot a reaction and what to do if he has one.

connors in nursery i gave them a book of what he cant have and what happens when he has a reaction

Thanks for your help, the list is going to be long as finding things everyday he reacts to.
My GP suggested that now everytime he has a reaction to take him to a&e so they will start taking things serious and re-test him but i would feel like i'm wasting there time? what do you think ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->