living with kids with allergies group

Depends how seriously he reacts? Seems a bit drastic and i would think keeping a diary would have been a better idea?

I agree with AG if the reaction is really bad id be straight to a+e otherwise id keep a diary and then take it to gp/diatician/paediatrician and demand to be tested

They are getting worse than what they was and he is reacting to more things such as fruit juices, fruits, spices etc. When he has a reaction I always ring out of hours GP so they put it on there records anyway, It just seemed funny to me to even suggest this. I already do a food dairy as Adi's got an appointment in July again with both consultant and dietitian. x

Id just carry on what your doing hun

Eta - and if hes getting worse could you ask for his appointments to be brought forward

Heyyyy!

We're good! Well not good really but waiting for those results. So same really! :thumbup:

Not too bad over here, weddingy stuff, dilemas on my mind. The usual :lol:

:hi:Afternoon.

I had a bit more progress with GP getting a proper Paeds referral. We have been referred to Paeds dietitian but she can't refer us for a proper diagnosis!! :dohh:

Basically pastey poos are normal, apparently for toddlers. But we are keeping a food diary along with photos to see if there is a pattern. Have cut out all dairy and soy and there was an improvement, but then she got a virus with a ridiculously high temperature and we've gone backward!!! So we got another review in a couple of weeks with the same GP, she's going to see what tests she can do for things. We could possibly have a gluten/wheat intolerance too, as when she has wheatbix she has watery stools!

Now she did make an interesting comment. We went from Apatmil one milk to Infasoy when diagnosed by GP with lactose/dairy intolerance, she asked why she was put on Infasoy, basically she said that soy and dairy have a similar protein, so if they are dairy intolerant they would most likely be soy intolerant as well. So we should have gone onto something totally different!!!

I hope no-one is eating their lunch!!! :wacko:

Natalie, soy is a very common allergy now and is linked with but not definitely Present with dairy. Ds us allergic to cmp but fine with soy. So, perhaps see how you go.

Is nursery daycare? I thought about sending Ds recently but frankly the attitude to allergies freaked me out. Especially when he'd be surrounded by kids drinking milk and having cheese in their meals. He isn't at an age where he understands he can't have it yet.

Kholee, was the beef a little underdone? I've found Ds gets hives if there is even the slightest pink. Something about the juices maybe ? Or perhaps cooking changes the protein. Hope he grows out of it. Can't imagine a life with only well done steak.

We've been soy free since the 26th april and some improvement. Its just a pain that I get two/three sets of different information!

Mamabare yes nursery is daycare. Isobel is in a nursery and they do everything they can to support me and Isobel. And they have a qualified chef on site who cook things fresh each day.

Natalie, that is awesome. Soy is just everywhere these days. It's worse than milk powder.

I know that daycare would do their best, I just couldn't bring myself to trust enough I suppose. Totally my issue, not judging anyone else. I know how easy it us for him to grab someone's food when I'm there let alone a worker watching other kids as well.

Yes I do worry but I do have the added bonus that it is an intolerance and not a true allergy. There is a little girl in the next room up that has a dairy allergy with epi-pen...

Little Man is suffering big time at the moment tummy wise and I'm not sure if it is allergy related again - when I eat dairy or soya he has horrible mucus/slime poop

well he was constipated for 6 days and finally started going yesterday with the aid of apple juice and now he is pooping heaps (3 times today already) and it's now quite runny :(

Connors really bad again, pooing literally every hour:( Rang his consultant secretary earlier and waiting for a phone call back and hopefully they will get us in to see him soon

Oh no. Hope its just a bug and not another allergy.

Isobel has a bug last three days.

Oh I'm sorry Jemma. :nope: Did he eat anything new? I hope its not related!!

Kholee, was the beef a little underdone? I've found Ds gets hives if there is even the slightest pink. Something about the juices maybe ? Or perhaps cooking changes the protein. Hope he grows out of it. Can't imagine a life with only well done steak.

It was mince meat that was way overcooked if anything. I'm keeping him off beef for a while so we shall see.

Little Man is suffering big time at the moment tummy wise and I'm not sure if it is allergy related again - when I eat dairy or soya he has horrible mucus/slime poop

well he was constipated for 6 days and finally started going yesterday with the aid of apple juice and now he is pooping heaps (3 times today already) and it's now quite runny :(

Arlo has been constipated too. He's suddenly upped his food intake to three meals a day and I think that's the cause. I'm giving him prunes to help things along. So strange that a couple of weeks ago his poo was runny and watery and now suddenly it's...well, just like adult poo really. Sorry for all the poo talk - probably wasn't necessary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->