living with kids with allergies group

:hi: Mamabare

Sounds like a citrus reaction... is he ok with other fruit?

Could be. We've had reactions to citric acid before, but there was always a preservative present as well, so I was torn. He ate mOre than I intended him eat so we might wait a few days and try again. Doesn't help that he's got molars coming through, so he's more rasht anyway.
And strawberries aren't our friends either.
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi all! :hi:

Just wanted to see how everyone is and update on our situation! K is not doing great. She hasn't had a reaction or anything but her constipation is getting worse and worse so something is not right. We use a suppository about every 5 days but they have stopped working.. It usually takes 2 to make her go :nope: anf even then she is still not happy. They are now worried that her gut is not working properly and there might be another cause to it to food allergies. She has been booked it to have the endoscopies next Friday. Fingers crossed all goes well, I am super worried about the preparation!

:hugs: Hapyface, i hope they get to the bottom of it!

nothing to update here really, Alex is still mostly better (due to being better weather likely) and still reacting when he does have something dairy or soya.

Happyface i hope they find out the problem.

Connors doing well although hes abit off it at the minute, cant decide if hes teething or coming down with something

I'm sorry Connor is unwell. Katerina has been doing terrible lately. She is arching her back like crazy and seems to be having cramps all the time now. She is being up every night after the first 3-4 hours of sleep and we can't put her down again she is so uncomfortable. Not sure what is going on! :wacko:

I know youve got the endoscopies friday but if shes that bad and that uncomfy have you thought about taking her straight to the hospital?

To be honest I have many times. I almost did the other day and the only reason I didn't go is because while I was getting her stuff ready to go -I was holding her as she was crying- she fell asleep on me and then I let her rest in the end. . .

She had a better night last night thank God so I'm hoping it won't be too bad until she has the endoscopies and we find out why she is feeling like this.

Jemma did Connor manage to get any sleep before the endoscopies?

Happyface, poor K, really hope they can offer some proper answers for you :hugs:

We have discovered a new allergy ............. strawberries, well, so far strawberry flavor :dohh: poor lamb, I gave her some herbal camamilla which is in a gluten/dairy/soy free rice syrup with natural flavour .. yup, strawberry flavor.

No connor didnt get any sleep before the endoscopy because he had to be starved and he was so distressed

I know hun but its for best and you'll get answers and thats what important. Now connors alot better it feels so worth it even though it was horrible at the time

Of course. . . I need to focus on the end result. We've waited for so long for this! Thank you! :hugs:

sending :hugs: too all the mummys & babies that need them right now

Asda have pissed me right off, I use them for my online shopping and went too do the online shop yesterday and not only have the dramatically reduced the number of products on their website but they have also dramatically reduced the number of 'free from' products they have available online, I used too get 7-8 different 'free from' products on the shop ..... yesterday not ONE of them was still available on the online website!

they seem to have taken off alot of the cheaper/middle range products and replaced with only the more expensive items ...... I did a basic shop and because I had too pick so many more expensive items because thats all they had available my shop ended up at £140 for 2 weeks ......... last month the same kinda shop cost £98! I ended up cancelling the order and hubby is going to Tesco on the way home!

:( They stopped selling the only bread Alex can have aswell, we have to trek to Tesco just for that!

We noticed in our asda they had alot of the free from things half price due to them stopping them. What bread do you use AG?

I use Tesco Bakers Soft now, its their own brand and just normal bread with no soya in.

Hello, please can I join you? I am finally admitting we may have a problem! I am in dire need of advice and support so hoping you lovely ladies can help.

My LO's skin has been getting progressively worse since 4 months old when he had some contact dermatitis (changed washing powder, used Aveeno and it went away). Actually, he had quite severe 'baby acne' on his face / neck and bad cradle cap too so always knew he'd be a sensitive soul! We saw GP again at 5 months when his creases got inflamed (knees, elbows, neck) and she gave hydrocortisone (0.5%), epaderm and cetraben. Went back again this week as he's now got rashy eczema all over torso, and creases are awful especially neck. She's referred us to a dermatologist but could take a month or two.

Anyway, I am getting more and more convinced this is a food allergy. We do not put any chemicals anywhere near his skin, for washing his clothes, in the bath, when other people cuddle him etc). We are really thorough about this because I thought it was probably perfumes or SLS or something. I stopped breastfeeding at 24 weeks because I couldn't bear the thought that something I was eating may have been causing this (I had to stop at 7 months anyway due to work, so I just stopped a bit early). He's had a bit of formula from 3 months, gradually increasing, but I never really linked this to his skin. But now I'm thinking that since he's been on formula it's been a lot worse. He doesn't yet have gluten, wheat, soy, peanuts, fish or other dairy - we weaned him at 20 weeks due to reflux but he only has baby rice and root veg at the moment.

So... I might be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but I am getting convinced his formula is to blame. I asked the doctor and the health visitor if they thought it might be an allergy to something he's eating (or I'm eating) but they both immediately dismissed the suggestion.

We are back to the doctor again today as since yesterday he is almost covered (apart from arms and legs) in the rash. It's all over his face, his eyes are red and puffy from rubbing and he is an unhappy little boy (did I mention he's also teething??). I would lie them to prescribe me some antihistamines and advise what i can use near his eyes. He scratches all the time unless I distract him and is obviously uncomfortable.

It's a different doctor who I don't know, and I am wondering if I am brave enough to ask whether he could prescribe one of the formulas that has modified CMP (ETA: I've read about things like Nutramigen and Neocate although I have no idea the difference or anything technical about them!) just to see if it makes a difference. At least it would rule it out and as we might be waiting for a while for dermatologist I'd like to feel like I'm doing something positive.

So, any advice? Am I jumping to conclusions? Does anyone have experience of this (sorry, I didn't read back through thread!!).

Any help or advice welcome, we are reaching the end of our tether and i want my happy little boy back.

:hi: hinkybinky

It could be very likely its the formula, if its a dairy allergy and formula would contain it.
I would suggest to the doctor about asking if they could prescribe a dairy free formula to try, but if he says no you can still buy it (Cow and Gate infasoy).

My Alex started off his life quite similar, he aways had some sort of rash on his face and it only cleared up for a few months before reappearing again at weaning.

Good luck with the doctors today :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"