• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

oooo banana loaf, sounds good!!

Having a horrible day :( MIL is a nightmare! we went down today and well all she did was moan about me being dairy free. I took soya milk with me for her too make the sauce for dinner and well she says she uses it but it was still closed after the meal (it was brand new carton!) she also said it had no butter in but I now don't believe it, she moaned about not being able too put cheese in the sauce. The desert she made had dairy in and she just went 'well she will just have to have some fruit then won't she!' I didn't care anyway

We tried too explain too her last night how important it is too cut ALL dairy for now and she just kept saying 'i'll only put half the amount in' erm no it doesn't work like that!

I swear she doesn't give a damn about the health of my baby :( if she did she wouldn't have done what she has done today. Little Man has always been a disappointment in her eyes (because he wasn't a girl!) and this just proves it yet again! but hubby won't say a word for fear of upsetting her

ugh sorry for the rant, just so upset :(

:hugs: Button,
next time you go just take your own food and say if mil cant cook to cater for you then you'll just not eat it!

Sorry MIL was a pain. :hugs: Since being GF and LF, I haven't actually eaten anywhere but home, I just can't trust people to understand, except OH as he has to see the horrendous issues it causes. xx

This is totally dairy and soya free!

250g plain flour,
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda,
pinch salt,
115g Vitalite butter,
115g dark brown soft sugar,
2 eggs beaten,
greased loaf tin,
500g mashed over-ripe bananas,old & grubby looking ones.

oven gas mark 4,in large bowl put flour - bicarb of soda & salt,in another bowl cream butter & sugar together, stir in eggs & mashed banana until well blended, stir banana mix into flour mix, pour mix into prepared loaf tin, bake in preheated oven for 60-65 min, until a knife inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean

Its c&p so sorry for the bad layout of it!

Here's 2 healthy muffin recipes I make - the recipe is from a local restaurant!

Banana Muffins - makes 16 muffins!

2 cups rolled oats
4 cups flour (I use spelt or barley)
1 cup date puree
3 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canola oil
6 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups water

Lightly oil muffin trays & preheat oven to 325 degrees
Combine all ingredients to form a batter but do not overmix. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into each muffin compartment and bake 40-45min. Let muffins cool for 10min before removing from tray. These freeze well!! xxx

ps: The date paste is something I use frequently as a sweetener! I simmer equal parts dates and water (I use medjool dates) until the liquid is reduced by half. I will also sometimes add vanilla or cinnamon for extra flavour xx

If you don't want to bother with the paste, you could always sub brown sugar, honey or maple syrup - I wouldn't add quite as much though! Maybe 1/2 to 2/3 cup??

I love my avatar!! :D
I'm going to try the banana bread this week, sounds yummy!! I usually just make choc chip fairy cakes as a treat. xx

It was sooo easy to make! I got it right first time and that was faffing around with trying to cream the butter and sugar as i dont have any electric mixers!

thanks girls, I dunno what I'd do without you :)

MIL drives me potty and time & time again I give her chances too change her ways, but too do what she did, something that is potentially messing with Little Mans health, well it's unforgivable in my eyes :( I provided everything she needed in place of the dairy products but she decided not too use them. I wouldn't have eaten it but I didn't find out until AFTER that she hadn't used them

why would a grandmother do that too their grandchild :(

Hi 24/7!! :wave:

I was going to post a yummy yummy uber delicious GF/DF cookie recipe but wasn't sure if we had any GF people on here yet. If you would like the recipe, I'll post it! I get lots of requests for the cookies from my GF bud. Also have quite a few as Bun was GF initially, then wheat free up until recently. Coeliac and dairy issues in OH's family, so kept things GF until the dairy issue was resolved. He seems good with the gluten and wheat though!! :thumbsup:

Maybe she doesnt understand breastfeeding? ie what you eat affects what passes through.
Still doesnt excuse her not being willing to use the substitutes though!

Oops - AG I posted the banana muffins at the same time as the banana bread :dohh:
Well at least we have banana recipes covered! xx

Whats everyone doing for easter?
We dont really celebrate it, but eggs were bought for Alex last year and im wondering what to do this year and years to come if anyone gives us chocolate eggs for him!

Im putting my bets on mil doing it, if she does then ill have no problem asking her why as she'll full well know Alex cant have it!

Little Man is thankfully too young for chocolate this year (although wouldn't put it past mil too buy him one lol) We are going to get him maybe some books or a nursery rhyme dvd

Last year there was one dairy free egg in Sainsburys, as per christmas when there was on dairy free advent calender. :D

And yes please sun - Going to have lots of cooking time soon. :p xx

Buttonnose - I had the same issues with MIL. She would put "less" dairy or no milk but not remember about the butter. So annoying. Also she bought Bun some store cupcakes and said they were DF which 1. I'm sure they weren't and 2. You can't assume! I know it wasn't that she was trying to hurt Bun, but she really didn't get that even a little is too much! And that lots of things have dairy - not just milk!

After that, when I would go to MIL's house I started bringing food for us to eat. I also started bringing enough for everyone to try and once people were liking my food, it started getting to her :haha: After this, she started making hers DF and having cheese or dairy sauces on the side. She always makes the same stuff for us (usually chili as Bun loves it) or some kind of meat/veg but it's fine and then I can clearly see that it has no dairy. Still though, if she made something elaborate I would be suspicious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->