London TTC buddies chat thread

Hi Clanger, great to hear from you. Glad to hear that all is going well with bubs. :) I am truly happy for you and Leeze. I still remember your message to me when you were worried about the spotting you had with your little one. Look at him now. :) You both really deserve to be mummies. Thanks again ladies for your continued support on here.

I do feel like I am getting closer to my end goal of a baby with this testing but at the same time, I am scared that they will find something wrong, I am also scared they will find nothing wrong and can't help me, I am scared I have to go through IUI or IVF and that may not work. I also wonder whether the reason I havent got my BFP is due to stress and the fact that I thought I couldnt get preggers at the start. I strongly believe that the mind is v powerful and you have these stories where people stop trying and BAM! ahhhhhh - confusion in my head!

Hello Sophie if you are logging in!

Hi ladies. Mk8 - I think you might be onto something in terms of stress and the power of how you're feeling etc. I think if I remember correctly that I had partly resigned myself to not TTC on the month of the HSG and so was feeling a bit more chilled about it. For me it also helped to have a plan eg to aim to get the BFP within 12 months, firstly by cutting out alcohol for 3 months and doing the acupuncture then by seeing what fertility options were available etc. Remember you're meant to be 30% more fertile in the 3 months after the HSG. I definitely think it clears out the cobwebs and gives the system a bit of an oiling! Also I think it's worth trying not to BD for 3 or 4 days before O, try to do it in the morning of your first peak day, then the evening of next day, then 2 days later. Also i'd recommend pre-seed and softcups. Sorry if I'm repeating myself from a while back with this advice but these were all the things I think really helped me. Have you got a follow up appointment booked at the clinic or do you book that once you've had the HSG? I know it's easy to convince yourself it's never going to happen for you, I remember thinking that about me too, particularly after a year of TTC. I know it's easy for me to say now, but I'd say try really hard not to get caught up in negative thinking. There's no reason for you to think there's any problems. Lots of people take a while to conceive their first and sometimes it seems there's no reason for it, just that some are luckier than others. Keep believing it will happen for you! Xxx Clanger, that's great to hear you're getting more sleep. It makes such a huge difference, doesn't it? Have you joined any groups or classes yet? I'd totally recommend the swimming. I'm actually wearing my maternity tankini still, I don't care really. It's an all women group and it's the last thing on my mind. I think I'd struggle in a public pool but it's closed to the public during the session. Kia hated wearing the swimsuit so I just put her in a swim nappy and she seems pretty happy! I started giving her a tiny bit of organic baby cereal a few days ago because she had a cold and was off her milk. She loves it and today we gave her a bit of sweet potato. She's generally a happy little baby and I feel very lucky. I can't imagine ever going back to work and there's only 6 more months to go! Eek. Big hugs to all and hugs to Soph too xxx

Thanks for the advice Leeze- always helpful! I am to book a follow up appt the day I manage to book my HSG- I pray that it wont be forever. From the sound of things, the wait can be a few months! And that's just to tell me what they have found (if anything). IVF etc isnt funded so I want to get info on assisted (if required). But you are right, I need to stay positive. It will happen. Hubby and I should use this time to enjoy being just us as when the little ones (yes plural! positive thinking kicking in!) we wont have time for romance. LOL. Also using this time to save for a new home :)

It will happen. Hubby and I should use this time to enjoy being just us as when the little ones (yes plural! positive thinking kicking in!) we wont have time for romance. LOL. :)

yeah - and do things like go to the cinema, get your haircut, have a facial, go to the theatre, go out for dinner - even go out to the shops for more than an hour - all the things that become a lot more difficult when you have a LO!!!

Hi Leeze, thx for checking in on me. I had the transvaginal scan- went fine. Doc at the fertility clinic (in hospital) said everything was normal. Normal shape, normal size. My ovaries were 'a bit shy' and she pressed down on my tummy with the scanner still inside and took some piccies. I saw my uterus and ovaries. One small follicle seen on one and larger follicle on another (cd 10). No fibroids, no polyps. No mention of cysts. I asked about endo and she said they can only see endo cysts on that scan, not whether endo grows elsewhere.

Day 21 bloods next then hsg at some point. I was going to go for private hsg if the Nhs one wasn't available next cycle but I don't think the private one will be either! The private hosp only do appointments tues-thurs. I think I need to do mine on a fei next cycle (days 6-10) and it isn't open on a bank holiday. :(.

I'm relieved the scan said I'm healthy but more petrified it's a tube issue :(

great feedback re scan, hon. one more step further!!! I got my HSG done at Blackheath Hospital - btw! xx

Have you got a date for the day 21 tests? X

Hi Leeze, day 21 is sat so I need to go in for Bloodwork on the following mon, which is day 23. I got a positive opk on cd15 so assuming I ovulated today (cd16), next mon will be 7dpo. Let's see what happens! I need to destress ladies. Dh's dad and his gf told me to buy a 7 seater randomly. Stupid thing to say as we both have cars and live in a small flat. His gf then said "u need one for the kids!!!!!" I wanted to punch her.

Hi Leeze- quick q- when u went for the hsg, where did u get it done? What cd? How much? Did the clinic have a restriction on what days they can do? Did you take antibiotics? Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi Leeze- quick q- when u went for the hsg, where did u get it done? What cd? How much? Did the clinic have a restriction on what days they can do? Did you take antibiotics? Thanks!!!!!!!

hi hon - so the CD21 test is next Monday? Is that where they check for prog levels or is there something else too? And, I'm assuming you're still TTC this cycle anyway - could still be your lucky cycle you know?!

Re the HSG - If I remember correctly I had to take one massive antibiotics tablet on the day of the HSG. I saw a private GP at the Portland Hospital (oh yes, I'm a celebrity really) - I can't remember her name but I'm sure I've still got her card somewhere so could look it up for you - she got her PA to phone round to find a private hospital with appointments the next day because I was on CD 11 by then. I think I was on CD12 when I had it done and they said that was getting very close to the deadline - I don't think they like to do it any later than that. I think it was about £100 for the private GP consultation and about £550 for the HSG. It was enough that we decided not to go on an Easter holiday that we were about to book but not enough that we needed a loan!!! I ended up going to Blackheath hospital because they had space the next day and I needed to go the next day. there are other hospitals that do it - also I think she said Blackheath were the cheapest one!!!

Sorry about the comment from your OH's Dad's GF - she probably means well but I can see why it would be really annoying. I think some people still think it's really easy to have kids and maybe she just assumes you haven't started trying yet. Big hugs xx

Thanks Leeze. I cannot believe that you still come on here to check on us. Given you have a little baby girl to look after, I am surprised you have the energy. Seriously, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the HSG info. I called up another hospital near me to enquire about what days they do the HSG- Mon and Thurs. My original NHS hospital only does it on Tues. Another hospital nearby does it on Tues and Thurs, maybe some Weds. What happened to Fridays?! And guess when I think I need it next cycle (hopefully I wont due to BFP arrival!)- Friday! Typical isnt it Leeze? I should do it Fri-Tues assuming AF arrives on time and Mon/Tues is the Jubilee weekend. UGH!

On another note, I called up my fertility clinic (hospital) for info on my day 2 bloods. The receptionist kinda freaked me out. She initially said she could give me the info then when she got it, she said she would put me on the cancellations list to see the FS. Er... I havent even had all my tests! Why did she want me to see the FS so early? I panicked as day 2 bloods included FSH, LH, Thyroid and a host of STD checks etc inc hiv, syphillis, hepatitis. In addition there was rubella. I also had a swab test to check for chlamydia and gonorrhea and thrush. I freaked girls! She wouldnt tell me more but I asked her to please give me some information as if there is something wrong and I need medication, I need to know now rather than wait for the appointment (at the moment my appt is in Dec!) So she went off to check. In the meantime, I called GP to ask if they got my results (no- they said because they didnt refer me for the tests, they will not see them for ages). I called the hospital and spoke to the fertility nurses who told me that they cannot give any results over the phone. I explained my concern and she said if they did find STDs then they would write to me and typically, refer me back to my GP so that he can prescribe antibiotics as appropriate. It's been 2 weeks so hopefully it's OK. I spoke to the original receptionist again and she told me that she went to speak to the fertility team and she wanted to reassure me that I need not worry about the STD related stuff. But she kept me on the cancellation list (to get last min cancellation appointments) and I think there is something up. But what is it? High FSH (and thus bad eggs?), hyper/hypo thyroid? Hmmm. Anyway, the sooner I get all the tests done, the happier I will be.

Clanger- how are you doing?

Sophie, if you are checking in, I hope you are OK.

Wow, that would freak me out too. I don't think they should tell you that you can get the results over the phone if they then go on to say they can't and you need an appointment. That doesn't seem right. Hopefully they'll give you a cancellation appointment soon or send a letter out so you're not kept in the dark about this. Doesn't seem fair somehow. Maybe if you don't hear in the next few days you could always find out the name of the Clinical Director and email them to say you're really worried and ask if there's anything they can do. Re the HSG there should be about a week in your cycle when it's best to do it but that would be annoying if it's over jubilee weekend as there might be more demand for them given they probably don't book them in on bank holidays. I hope you're coping ok with the waiting, it does feel to me like you've come a long way already, but I can remember being really frustrated with all the waiting. Every month feeling like a year! But keep reminding yourself that every month is a month closer to your goal! Hugs xx

Hi Leeze, thanks. I left a voicemail for the main consultants nurse to call me back the day before yesterday when I was in a panic. She called me back yesterday. She gave me some reassurance that I'm not diseased. She is the one who would write letters to people who tested positive on any stds and she said this is done the day after the results come out (which typically is a day after the test). As its now been 2 weeks, I think that's ok. However, I suspect something is up from a vibe I got- the other tests run were fsh lh and thyroid function ones. I had a transvaginal us and that was ok (they told me on the day). Hopefully I can get everything done ASAP and see them. I feel good we r making progress but sad all this needs to happen.

Enough about me, how are you? Do you have plans for TTC again this yr for baby number 2? :). We couldn't be bump buddies together your first time round, may this yr we can eh?

Hi hon. That's good you spoke to someone and you're not diseased, as you put it! Do you have to wait for an appointment to get your other results? Did you say you've got an appointment in December but they might give you a cancellation? I'd find it really frustrating to be waiting and not knowing, how are you coping? Thanks for asking about us. We're gonna make a definite decision in the autumn about whether or not we try for another xx

Ps meant to say, would be awesome if we did end up being bump buddies, but I reckon you'll get your BFP in the next 3 or 4 months. Xx

Hi Leeze,

Thanks for the optimism!

Look forward to hearing about whether you want to try again in Autumn :)

As for my results etc. I have to get all tests done (day 2 bloods, day 3 bloods, swab test, transvaginal ultrasound and hsg) before I go back to the FS for the results. I was given an appointment in Dec (to "get me in the system") but was told that once I have booked my last appointment (in my case, the HSG) then I should ring them to see if I can be put on the cancellation list so that I get to see the doc sooner. So when I find out my results is unknown, but they did assure me that it will be quick and I won't have to wait until Dec.

I get the impression that something is up with my day 2 results from my call with them last week. Will have to just wait n see!

So, have you had everything done now except the HSG? And you're hoping to get this done around jubilee weekend? Are you still TTC anyway this cycle? Trying anything new? Are you still doing the acupuncture? Xx

Hi Leeze
Yup we are trying but not the every other day pattern- doing it when we want but we are conscious of the fertile days. Here's hoping eh?
All tests done except hsg.
How are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back