London Zoo Meet - Monday 5th July

Oooh thanks boomers :)
Theres a chance i might bring a friend along to gimme a hand on the tubes, shes baby free but is in love with them :haha:
Perfect helping hand :haha: xxx

Im not totally sure if shell be able to make it, but i know i could definatley use a hand on the tubes.
I still havent braved going on them, and tommy will not do a carrier at all - too restrictive lol.
fX she can :wacko:

Im probs gonna get the bus to camden - im sure theres a local one.
I don't mind meeting people in London if they'll think they'll get lost as my dad lives in central London

I'll be getting a first capital connect train if anybody else is I think they do 2 for 1 at the zoo too. :) I'll get that to kings cross then the tube to baker street & then walk coz I hate buses. I'll be slinging George coz I can't be doing with the buggy on public transport.

I have nooooooooooo idea what im going to do yet :hissy:

Looking foward to meeting lots of new faces though!! :happydance:

I cant carry Oliver because he hates it... and my pram isnt the easiest to fold down!! Arrrgh not looking forward to trying to put it on the train lol!

Don't take my word on what I said before.....TFL says it's not step free. I'm gonna investigate!!

I'm not folding the buggy down....ppl can move round me lol....although I'm going to avoid rush hour!!

My OH still thinks it's a bad idea because I'll freak out! I keep telling him to come and help me then but he won't! I think you ladies scare him!!

Mornington crescent is a nice tube station to get off at and still really close. Camden is a bitch of a station :lol:

Holly do you want me to ask Rich what he would do? He works in London he might know a tube station we can park near and just get the tube to Camden? or another?

i dont usulay have any trouble with the buggy on trains but im a bit worried about the tube x

I might sound like an idiot... Ive never used public transport since i was about 6 months pregnant... i was big and people wouldnt move out the way so i have never been on any since :haha:

i dont usulay have any trouble with the buggy on trains but im a bit worried about the tube x

I use the tube quite alot with Evie's buggy as we go to my OH's parents place across the other side of London, but tbh, I usually have OH with me lol so that makes it alot easier. If you're concerned about stairs but can manage escalators and lifts with the buggy then try the TFL site, click on the advanced search bit and scroll down before you click on the search button (once you've entered the stations) so you can eliminate the stuff like stairs etc.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Do you think it would be really bad if I just bought my eldest and left the youngest at home with the childminder?

I know they both love zoo's as we do go to a lot of them and farms etc around here but I am not sure I can face bringing both of them. I would have to bring the double which isn't a tandem and then the eldest would want to run around and I can't push the double and run after him! What do you think?

im going to leave two of mine at home and bring my youngest two but that means i will have to bring a double but i think i will put ella in her sling while im getting from victoria to the zoo so i know she is ok xx

eeek carparking is expensive but tbh it would cost me £9 to get there on public transport and a load more hassle

Ok, so shall we get a date finalised? Then we can sort a meeting time and place ...

That way the "maybes" will be able to say yes/no and we can get a better idea of proper numbers.

I think the majority verdict is to go for the Monday 5th July?

Sounds good :)

I'll be wanting to leave St Albans after 10am so I get off-peak rate; don't know if that is the same for people coming from elsewhere - I could probably be at the zoo by 11am.

There is a 2 for 1 deal for the zoo on first capital connect website too - I'll try & get it printed when I get a printer cartridge. Dunno if anybody else will be on first capital connect trains though?

Yep that day should be fine for me too, best time for me though would be 12ish as tommy has his brekky around half 9/10 and itll take be about an hour n half to 2 hours to get there
:D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->