Long cycles and the tww

Well here's my laparoscopy experience for you aidensxmomma!

I was having it done in 06 to check for endometriosis. I had been diagnosed several years prior with PCOS and kept having horrible periods even though I'd been on birth control. I don't think I was allowed to eat a certain number of hours before. It was an outpatient surgery, my surgery was scheduled very early in the morning. I had to get totally undressed and I think they might have needed me shaved but I'm not totally sure. I had an IV put in for general anesthesia and after that I don't remember anything until waking up. I had instruments entered in through small incisions through my belly button and pubic area. They filled my abdomen with gas to help look around. When I woke up my throat and mouth were super dry from having been intubated (of course you aren't awake for that part). I was in the recovery area, and the nurses would only give me ice chips. My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth it was so dry lol. All I wanted was a super cold sprite. I wasn't in much pain mostly bloated and tired. I was able to go home about an hour after I woke up. Of course you aren't able to drive. I got decent pain medication to help with discomfort. The first couple of days I did take the medicine. Honestly I don't remember it even being as painful as getting my wisdom teeth cut out (not pulled they were still in my gums).
The most uncomfortable part for me by far was the left over gas. I felt like I had a bubble at my collar bone for a couple days and it was painful. It dissipates on its own after a while. I still felt bloated a week after the surgery but I'm sure it was back to normal by two weeks.
They had used "dissolvable" stitches on me. Sometime between 4-6 weeks after the surgery I had my follow up with my obgyn. My stitches were supposed to be dissolved by then but they weren't. None of them ever dissolved I think my body isn't compatible with those. At my appointment she snipped any tied parts of the stitches and left the rest in there. A couple weeks later I ended up pulling them out myself with tweezers. It mostly felt weird all except for one that was a little bit painful, I think it had somewhat fused to some of my healing skin.
I do have a small scar from the incision in my pubic area. Hair doesn't grow there. :blush:

All in all it wasn't a bad experience. Of course the stitches situation was more likely something that just would happen for me and not most others. The worst part of it wasn't pain but being uncomfortable for a little while because of the gas. Pretty much it's like really bad pms lol. Hope this helps! It was a long time ago who knows they could do it totally different now.

Well this happened...

Attachments

• CYMERA_20150702_085224.jpg
    CYMERA_20150702_085224.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1
  • CYMERA_20150702_085240.jpg
    CYMERA_20150702_085240.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 0
Today's the day, BabeAwait!! FX those darkening OPKs mean that you'll get a strong BFP today!

Aidensxmomma - I'm sorry about your diagnosis and that you have to wait a little while to confirm :hugs: I'm glad you're feeling good though that there's a plan in place. And since you have a doctor who's determined to help, if you get a BFP that sticks I'm sure you'll be closely monitored to make sure that anything that can be done to help the pregnancy last will be done. There's plenty of ladies in their first tri with me who also have endo and PCOS. By the way, how's the wedding planning going?? :)

Mommyxofxone - Sorry to hear that AF showed up. On to a fresh new cycle and new possibilities!

Silas - Can't wait for you t start your new cycle and get started with clomid!

Afm - Made it to 8 weeks, and my first appointment is just a few days away now. I'll post the ultrasound pic here if you guys want to see it :). Symptoms have increased this week and it feels like my belly is sticking out more, so I'm having to focus on sucking it in. I know it's all bloat and my muscles loosening up. Also the vivid dreams have been more vivid the last week or so. Last night I dreamt that my dad committed suicide and I kept seeing his ghost, and then another dream where a murderer on a motorcycle was chasing us. Thanks a lot for those dreams, brain! Ugh.

Omg babeawait!!! Congrats!!! So excited for you!

When is your Dr apt ksquared? Is it the 5th? That sounds familiar? Can't wait to hear how it goes!

As for me, still visiting dh. I'm here till Monday but it sounds like he has to go back into his training sat night :( so that's too bad. Belly is growing and growing. Baby will be the size of a pomegranate tomorrow! Sometimes I can't believe I'm already going to be 21 weeks tomorrow and sometimes I wish it would go faster because I can't wait to meet the little one!

I tested yesterday for a poas urge ... And surprise!! So I took my digi this morning!!! Surprise :bfp: for me. :wacko:

Congrats BabeAwait :happydance:

Attachments

• 20150702_094355.jpg
    20150702_094355.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 6
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! So excited for you, BabeAwait and SilasLove!!!!!! Amazing!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Crazycatlady - My appointment is Monday the 6th in the late afternoon :).

Congrats Silas!!! Do you have any idea how far along you are?

I am exactly 4 weeks today.

I have no idea, so I'll go by LMP until my first appointment. (july 22)

I have my confirm appointment set for next Thursday! They will also check my progesterone to make sure it's good.

Also my first ultrasound is scheduled for July 30th! Three days after our first wedding anniversary :) I'm so excited!

Thanks. I was trying to narrow down when I may have ovulated. Was thinking maybe June 16-24.

Thanks aidensxmomma!

How is everyone doing??

I hope hopefullyopto is okay haven't heard from her in a while.

I feel like I've been spamming my own journal lately :haha: good thing there's not a limit on pictures. :)

Oh and aidensxmomma before all the big fat positives I did post a reply about my laparoscopy experience for you. It might be towards the bottom now, I just wanted to make sure you saw it. :)

Hi ladies just wanted to let you know that I'm officially off the wait. Af showed her face tonight at 15dpo. I'm just happy the wait is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->