Long cycles and the tww

I emailed my doctor's office yesterday and got a reply today from the infertility coordinator. Basically she said that since I got pregnant in August, then I should be able to get pregnant on my own within the next 10 months. She said that if I have 3 cycles longer than 35 days, then I need to make an appointment because my fertility can be affected.

I am livid. :growlmad: First off, I have to wait 10 more months for them to look into helping me?!? WTF is that? I've already been waiting for 12 months. And yes, I did get pregnant at one point, but that obviously wasn't successful. Secondly, she seemed to imply that I have to have three 35+ day cycles all in a row, which is stupid as hell. My last three cycles have been 47 days, 45 days, and 33 days...so because there's one that was "normal" I can't get any help?!?

I am so unbelievably frustrated. I really thought that this doctor was going to be a great one to work with - and really, he has been so far. I don't get why that's suddenly changing now. :shrug: I have an appointment on January 13th for a follow-up and I'll discuss my concerns with him then, but if he's not willing to help me, I'll have to start going somewhere else.

Sorry ladies, I just really needed a rant.

ksquared - Yay for ovulation! :happydance: Sending you lots of sticky baby :dust: during this tww!

Aidensmomma - brutal! I'm glad you've made a follow up apt and I agree switching Dr may be good idea if they don't change their stance.

Ksquared - awesome! Fx for you!

Baby and I are doing well! He will be 4 weeks old on Monday! I can't believe how fast time is going! He's already wearing size 3 mos, such a big little boy!

aidens definitely swap drs. not worth it to you to be dealing with the stress and anxiety of having to wait another 10 months :(

hope everyone is well! we've just got back from vacation

Got my bfp today at 10dpo!! FX this one sticks and the line gets darker! Right now, I'm really feeling the love for the combination of preseed, red raspberry, Vitex and soft cup.
:happydance: :cloud9: :bfp:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 6
Omg! Congrats ksquared! So happy for you! :happydance:]

Sending you lots of :dust: for a healthy sticky bean!

Thanks, ladies! So far the symptoms are kinda different than last time, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I have been nauseous off and on since Friday all day, and last time I barely had any nausea at all and was worried about that the whole time. Many people with no nausea had no problems, but since mine ended in mmc I'm hoping different is good! Also I've had this tingly, cold pain/feeling in my right hip (side I ovulated) that's been slowly getting more pronounced. I googled it and found a few other ladies who described the same thing, but of course now I'm worried about ectopic lol.

Oh crap - I just took another test and the line is almost noexistent! I should have waited longer! Either that or dip my FRER in the same cup. :wacko:

Aidensxmomma - I'm so sorry, I see that I never replied to your post! That's horrible how now because you had a chemical that they're not willing to help anymore! Like I sort of get their position, but still it didn't stick so you still had AF and everything right around normal time and maybe wouldn't have even known if you weren't tracking! Ugh. If you are on your own with ttc, I would recommend preseed. I really think that plus the red raspberry did the trick for me because my lining wasn't good.

ksquared try not to worry! im sure it's the real deal. wait and test again tomorrow. i know, easier said than done.

Thanks, mommy :). I took a test this morning and the line is darker, thankfully. I was freaking out and feeling so emotional last night worrying. I had to test today to see if the line was still there. Plus my temp shot up and I'm seeing the changes in my nips now. So, freak out over (at least for now lol). I'm not going to test tomorrow and will wait until Wednesday to check progression. 12dpo today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3
So happy for you Hun! Always seems well find something to freak out over don't you think? I always feel fine until right before an appt. Then I freak out thinking its all in my head!!! When is your duedate?

And gender scan just booked for Jan 18th. Eek! That's just 35 days! <3

Yes indeed! Based on ovulation, my due date is August 24. Eek how exciting for your gender scan! And you've made it to the 2nd tri! Congrats!

Thanks Hun! Ive been suffering some extra fatigue today. Yikes.

August 24th!! What a lovely date. My dd was born in August. I love that she'll never have to go to school on her birthday :)

Yes indeed! Based on ovulation, my due date is August 24. Eek how exciting for your gender scan! And you've made it to the 2nd tri! Congrats!

My first daughter was due on August 25. :) She came five days early, though. I like when her birthday is. It's really nice that she gets to celebrate her birthday without having to worry about school.

mommyxofxone - Congrats on reaching second tri! Can't wait to see what your baby's gender is! :flower:

AFM - Positive OPK today on cd17 :happydance: I'm guessing ovulation will be within the next 24 hours. I'm so excited - this is the earliest I've ovulated since we started trying. Granted, it's only by two days, but I'll take it. :haha: AF should be due around December 30. I would love to get a bfp as a late Christmas present. FX!

wooo hooo to O day!!!!! I always felt so much better then! probably because O changed every. single. month. I'd stress so bad about it!!!

so glad you can relax now!

Thanks, TexMel! Time is totally draaaaggging. I'm finally getting late for AF. Longest LP recently has been 13 days, and tomorrow is 15dpo. I also emailed my obgyn and she's having me come in earlier, so my first appointment is only 3 weeks away on Jan. 8. I actually could have done Jan. 5 but I pushed it a few days so I'll have the best chance of seeing something. My parents are so excited but really trying to hold it in because of the loss. It's really sweet :). My dad is especially excited.

My obgyn offered me the progesterone supplements again and I can get a blood test to check my levels. I wasn't planning on doing it again, but now I'm thinking maybe I should start them again just to be safe? Ugh but I don't like having to do them all the time.

Aidensxmomma - Hoping you've O'd today and you have a nice temp jump tomorrow! Best of luck, lady!

So so excited for you ksquared! Can't wait to hear the news from your first apt. Is it an ultrasound or just Dr confirming?

Texmel how is it going with your little one?

My lo is in the midst of the first wonder week. Very interesting! He's super clingy and fusses for different reasons than usual. Odd sleep habits some nights, longest stretch of sleep yet at 5.5 hrs and then also up for four hours in the middle of the night one night too!

My doc said she's doing a sonogram "to determine pregnancy viability." Not a very warm way to put it, but she is pretty short and direct in her email communications. I do like her though because she's the only one who has listened to me and will order me blood tests or progesterone or extra scans if I ask for them.

I've never heard of wonder week, but it sounds like he certainly makes like interesting and wonderful! Lucky lady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->