Looking for a buddy close in dates

Hey everyone!!

Lots has gone on whilst I've been away, all sounding good :)

Had booking in appointment with midwife - won't see her again until 4th December, and she told me I'll be under consultant care which really does suck and has taken me a while to accept as I really had my heart set on trying for a water birth. But its a no go... will be monitored all through labour in hospital :nope:

But on positive side of things, got scan appointment through this morning for 26th October, 11 days to wait.. hurray and should be 12+1 by then...
Also found baby's heartbeat on Monday night, at 9+6 :happydance:
Have made a little video with the heartbeat and will attach it on here :) Can hear the heartbeat but it doesn't pick up the beats per minute. It picks up my heartbeat and bpm, so I think the baby's heartbeat is just abit too faint for it to register on dopplers bpm..but it sounds really clear and strong. I bought the sonoline b doppler on amazon for about £56 and is well worth it to find heartbeat so early :)
We told my daughter, Mia on Sunday too...and it went so well, a photo of her is in the video :)

Anyone have any feelings or hopes for baby's sex?

We aren't finding out the baby's sex and we really don't mind which sex the baby is... but I know my OH would be over moon if we had a boy so part of me is hoping we do. But I haven't got any gut feelings yet...

Has anyone decided on names yet?

We've chosen the names Neevah Ann Elizabeth for a girl, Ann and Elizabeth are family names and we just love Neevah, with the nicknames of Neve and Nevie :)
And Calan Brian Louis Matthew for a boy, Brian is for OHs late father, Louis is a family name for me and Matthew is my half brother who died hours after birth. We just love Calan, with the nickname of Cal...

I love unusual names, that aren't that common or popular... and Im not that keen on names which can get given nicknames, but this time I like the nicknames for the names..
And its why I chose Mia, but it's really common and popular now lol and her friends have nicknamed her Mimi :dohh:

Hope everyone is doing well :hugs:
I'm still worn out and feeling sick all the time, eating so much less too... but other than that..just loving being pregnant!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDeZOC5KVkE

I love the video!!!!

I had no luck. However, I had my 12 week appt today and heard it there. I also paid close attention to how the dr did it, and he was reallllly low and more off to the side. So I will try again. He said to bring mine in next time to make sure he can find it on mine and make sure its working properly. Im just over the moon to finally hear my baby again!!! :)
How are you?

Aww that's brilliant! And that was nice of the doctor to say that :)
My scan also went really well, we managed to get a video recording of the scan monitor so we have a cute little video clip of the baby having a right old wriggle around to send to our family and friends : )
Can't wait to have my next one already! :) lol x

I had no luck. However, I had my 12 week appt today and heard it there. I also paid close attention to how the dr did it, and he was reallllly low and more off to the side. So I will try again. He said to bring mine in next time to make sure he can find it on mine and make sure its working properly. Im just over the moon to finally hear my baby again!!! :)
How are you?

Aww that's brilliant! And that was nice of the doctor to say that :)
My scan also went really well, we managed to get a video recording of the scan monitor so we have a cute little video clip of the baby having a right old wriggle around to send to our family and friends : )
Can't wait to have my next one already! :) lol x

So happy for you!!! I can't wait to have my scan... won't be until 20 weeks or so. UGH! However, time seems to be flying so Im sure that will be here before I know it. Have a great day!

So happy for you!!! I can't wait to have my scan... won't be until 20 weeks or so. UGH! However, time seems to be flying so Im sure that will be here before I know it. Have a great day!

Oh yes you have to wait til 20 weeks don't you? awww I can't imagine your impatience!! lol awww it'll defo be worth the wait!!! :) Are you finding out the sex or waiting til birth? We're going to wait, husband wants to know, and part of me does too, but I think for us it will be so much more special to have that extra little surprise at the end of all that hard work lol xxx

Oh yes you have to wait til 20 weeks don't you? awww I can't imagine your impatience!! lol awww it'll defo be worth the wait!!! :) Are you finding out the sex or waiting til birth? We're going to wait, husband wants to know, and part of me does too, but I think for us it will be so much more special to have that extra little surprise at the end of all that hard work lol xxx

I wanted to wait, before I got pregnant, but my hubby said he can't wait... and now I need to know too!!! :) Im almost certain it's a boy, I will be floored if I am wrong. I guess we will see. Talk about patience... you are a strong woman being able to wait! Do you have any feelings yet of what you think you are having?

Hi Ladies
Wow there's been a lot going on!

Elle, love the video! So amazing to hear the heartbeat like that :)

Like the names you've picked out especially Calan for a boy. We've not decided completely yet but do have a shortlist - we probably won't tell anyone until the birth though. I kind of have an inkling of having a boy though I've no idea why! At the end of the day as long baby's healthy I don't mind but for some reason I do keep thinking boy!

Hope you're feeling better soon, it really sucks feeling crappy all the time! I really can't wait to properly hit the second trimester and get all my energy back lol!

Fay, glad to hear your scan went well, that's so exciting :D

I have my scan tomorrow morning and can't wait! :happydance:

xx

Hi Ladies

Like the names you've picked out especially Calan for a boy. We've not decided completely yet but do have a shortlist - we probably won't tell anyone until the birth though. I kind of have an inkling of having a boy though I've no idea why! At the end of the day as long baby's healthy I don't mind but for some reason I do keep thinking boy!

Hope you're feeling better soon, it really sucks feeling crappy all the time! I really can't wait to properly hit the second trimester and get all my energy back lol!

xx

Good luck at your scan!!!! How exciting!!! :) We didn't announce our name with our son until birth.. I found that everyone seems to have an opinion on every name, and it really started to bug me. So we kept it quiet and it worked well :) G/L!

I wanted to wait, before I got pregnant, but my hubby said he can't wait... and now I need to know too!!! :) Im almost certain it's a boy, I will be floored if I am wrong. I guess we will see. Talk about patience... you are a strong woman being able to wait! Do you have any feelings yet of what you think you are having?

I know, part of me wants to really really know, but others I know who found out the sex second time round for example, said it ruined it a little for them lol so gonna wait it out :) But I too have a VERY strong instinct that it's a boy! There must be something in the time of year that we've all conceived boys or something, be really interesting to see how that pans out! lol I also will be a bit shocked if its a girl, don't get me wrong we would be equally as happy with a girl :) but for some reason I just have a strong boy vibe going on. Either that or it's going to be a tomboy! lol xxx

Hi Ladies

xx

Oh brilliant! Let us know how it goes :) x
Like in my previous post, there must be something about when we conceived our babies as we all have boy vibes going on! haha be good to find out if it's true.

My best friend and mother in law thinks it will be a girl, but everyone else thinks boy, but I don't think people have valid reasons for thinking any gender yet as the sex organs weren't even formed properly when we went back and told everyone, and they aren't visible externally yet on the scan etc, so I don't know where they were getting their vibes from, it's pure guess for other people really isn't it? At least for us, we kind of have gut feelings and instincts as they are growing inside us after all!

My best friend thought it was going to be a girl about 2 years ago before we even tried conceiving, she just reckons i'll have a girl when I get pregnant, and my mother in law just thinks girl because my sister in law has had two girls and she just assumes that all her grandchildren will be girls!! lol
So we will see! It'll be nice to prove them wrong though and to prove my gut instincts were right, otherwise I'd look a bit silly then! lol xxx

Good luck at your scan!!!! How exciting!!! :) We didn't announce our name with our son until birth.. I found that everyone seems to have an opinion on every name, and it really started to bug me. So we kept it quiet and it worked well :) G/L!

Thanks! Went really well and had a really clear picture of the LO. Saw the heartbeat and tiny hands and feet. So incredible, I could not stop grinning :D Baby didn't move much at first but then had a real wriggle around and stretch which was just amazing and I'm now completely on cloud 9 :happydance:

Now going to spend the weekend finally telling everyone!!

Hi Ladies

xx

Oh brilliant! Let us know how it goes :) x
Like in my previous post, there must be something about when we conceived our babies as we all have boy vibes going on! haha be good to find out if it's true.

My best friend and mother in law thinks it will be a girl, but everyone else thinks boy, but I don't think people have valid reasons for thinking any gender yet as the sex organs weren't even formed properly when we went back and told everyone, and they aren't visible externally yet on the scan etc, so I don't know where they were getting their vibes from, it's pure guess for other people really isn't it? At least for us, we kind of have gut feelings and instincts as they are growing inside us after all!

My best friend thought it was going to be a girl about 2 years ago before we even tried conceiving, she just reckons i'll have a girl when I get pregnant, and my mother in law just thinks girl because my sister in law has had two girls and she just assumes that all her grandchildren will be girls!! lol
So we will see! It'll be nice to prove them wrong though and to prove my gut instincts were right, otherwise I'd look a bit silly then! lol xxx

I think I was just posting at the same time as you! Scan went really well, got some brilliant pics and baby had a real good wriggle at the end which was just amazing :D Oh and we found out I'm due a day later than originally thought so I'm 12 and 3 rather than 12 and 4!

Everyone loves to have an opinion don't they? lol, I'm fully expecting to get lots of predictions from different people. It's strange though that we're all getting boy vibes, must be something in the air! Hopefully we'll all be proved right at the end :)

How are you doing? xx

I think I was just posting at the same time as you! Scan went really well, got some brilliant pics and baby had a real good wriggle at the end which was just amazing :D Oh and we found out I'm due a day later than originally thought so I'm 12 and 3 rather than 12 and 4!

Everyone loves to have an opinion don't they? lol, I'm fully expecting to get lots of predictions from different people. It's strange though that we're all getting boy vibes, must be something in the air! Hopefully we'll all be proved right at the end :)

How are you doing? xx

Aww that's great news about your scan, it's great seeing them wriggling around isn't it? It's strange too as we can't feel them yet though lol!

My midwife brought my due date forward two days from the 9th to the 7th may but that's just how they worked out the whole 9 months thing, i'm still 11wks 4days but only 5% of babies arrive on their due date so I guess it won't be that date at all! haha My b-day is the 6th so i'd like to keep that one to myself, any time after that is fine! lol

Have a great time telling everyone about your news, think we'll be going "public" this wknd or next week :) it's exciting! xxx

How are you doing? xx

Aww that's great news about your scan, it's great seeing them wriggling around isn't it? It's strange too as we can't feel them yet though lol!

My midwife brought my due date forward two days from the 9th to the 7th may but that's just how they worked out the whole 9 months thing, i'm still 11wks 4days but only 5% of babies arrive on their due date so I guess it won't be that date at all! haha My b-day is the 6th so i'd like to keep that one to myself, any time after that is fine! lol

Have a great time telling everyone about your news, think we'll be going "public" this wknd or next week :) it's exciting! xxx

I can't wait to feel the babe :) I went fb official on Monday, it was exciting to share the news. ALSO, I FINALLY found the heartbeat yesterday!!!! Yay! Have a great weekend everyone!

I can't wait to feel the babe :) I went fb official on Monday, it was exciting to share the news. ALSO, I FINALLY found the heartbeat yesterday!!!! Yay! Have a great weekend everyone![/QUOTE]

Yay!!! that's great news about hearing the heartbeat! :D fantastic!
We went fb public today lol! It's soooo nice to talk about it to everyone now :) Now all that's left is to tell work on monday!! which i'm a little nervous about to be honest cause no one expects it AT ALL! So will be a big shock for them I think! :S lol I'm sure it will be fine though xxx
Have a great wknd xxx

I can't wait to feel the babe :) I went fb official on Monday, it was exciting to share the news. ALSO, I FINALLY found the heartbeat yesterday!!!! Yay! Have a great weekend everyone!

Yay!!! that's great news about hearing the heartbeat! :D fantastic!
We went fb public today lol! It's soooo nice to talk about it to everyone now :) Now all that's left is to tell work on monday!! which i'm a little nervous about to be honest cause no one expects it AT ALL! So will be a big shock for them I think! :S lol I'm sure it will be fine though xxx
Have a great wknd xxx[/QUOTE]

Congrats on going public! It's nice to not hide it anymore, isn't it! Good luck telling work Monday, until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!

Congrats everyone on going public! We've now told everyone we wanted to and have also gone fb official!! It does feel so good to be able talk about it in the open and not hide it anymore! :happydance:

Tara, that's great news on finding the heartbeat, really pleased for you :)

Fay, good luck with telling work!

xx

Thanks everyone, it went well today, think some people were a little surprised lol but happy for me so all is well and it's great that everyone now knows so there are no more secrets or watching what we say around certain people lol!

Does anyone else feel like they are getting tiny bumps yet? I think mine has now gone from feeling bloated to an every so slight bump :) Only noticeable to me and my husband of course, not enough to show through clothing etc, but I think it's the start of something :) x

Hey Ladies

Glad you are continuing the group, it's nice to hear your stories and hear about your progression. It's also a reminder of how far along I would of been around now as I have now come to terms with my Loss and happy to move on.

I still haven't had a period since my MC, so I don't know where I am in my cycle atm. But I really hope to be joining you all again within the next few months, I now feel ready to try again. Fingers crossed 3rd time lucky for me.

I hope pregnancy is treating you all well, All my Love & best wishes

Xx Rae xX

Hey, how are you all?
I've been really rough :nope: Came home from work last Monday and been signed off work since. I get really dizzy and sick when ever I stand up or walk.
Been to doctors and had blood tests and ruled loads out and they don't know what it is. Doctor said its basically a symptom of this pregnancy that just have to wait for it to go.. :cry: I've been so worried about the baby but heard heartbeat on the doppler a couple of times so I know everything is ok hopefully.
Doctor is trying to get hold of midwife for her to come and see me, incase she can suggest something, but I doubt it.
Don't know what I'm going to do about work, if I'm off much longer they'd probably sack me :growlmad:
Trying not to stress about everything but its hard not to.
Got the scan on Wednesday, really can't wait at all... hoping it will make me feel better about things.

I thought it'd be nice if we're all on facebook to add each other.. I'm https://www.facebook.com/ElleEdwards84
Feel free to add me
Although we still haven't announced on FB or to everyone yet..will be doing in next week

Rae- it's good to hear from you :hugs: Keeping everything crossed for you and look forward to you joining us soon :flower:

Hope everyone is well

Elle
xxx

Hey Ladies

Glad you are continuing the group, it's nice to hear your stories and hear about your progression. It's also a reminder of how far along I would of been around now as I have now come to terms with my Loss and happy to move on.

I still haven't had a period since my MC, so I don't know where I am in my cycle atm. But I really hope to be joining you all again within the next few months, I now feel ready to try again. Fingers crossed 3rd time lucky for me.

I hope pregnancy is treating you all well, All my Love & best wishes

Xx Rae xX

Hi Rae,

It's lovely to hear from you and I am so pleased that you are starting to feel stronger now and ready to try again :) I really hope that you will be able to come and join our thread again, I know the dates won't be similar but it will be great to keep in touch and help you out if we can :)
I have everything crossed for you!! :)
All the best
Fay xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back