Looking for a buddy close in dates

I've never been great at expaining a feeling of any sort, but I will try :) It feels like (for me) a little tap from inside. A lot of ppl say it feels like gas, but there's really no mistaking the 2 in my personal experiences. With my 1st, I vividly remember feeling the flutters 1st-with this babe, I never felt flutters, it went straight to the movement. Today I have felt him/her 3 times! Thats the most so far!! Maybe I will start feeling movement more often now. I hope you feel something soon as well!
Good luck with your long walk tomorrow! I hope you had fun working in the garden! It was a beautiful fall day here in Kansas and I'm trying to enjoy it before Winter decides to hit :) Have a great rest of the weekend!

That's great, thank you! I don't think I've felt anything like that yet, just twinges etc from everything stretching. That gives me a good idea of what to look out for though :)

Had a really good walk. The weather was just gorgeous which really helped and I had so much more energy than I expected. I'm really looking to the second tri if it carries on like this!

Quick question, have either of you thought about getting or have had the flu jab yet?

xx

I already had my flu shot. I get the flu bad every year and never get the flu shot, so hopefully this year I won't get it. I work with young kids, and they spread stuff like crazy. Are you skeptical about getting the shot? I was told that it is pretty much a must do for preggos!

Hello!
Sorry I haven't been on here over the wknd, its good to hear from you though Ali :) Hope your bathrooms fixed ok now :)

As for feeling the baby, I haven't felt anything yet :( but I am a little further behind than you both and first pregnancy too so yeah I don't expect to feel anything for a good few weeks yet, I do however feel those stretching feelings though lol. And we were playing a board game with friends at the wknd and I was sat on the sofa and every time I bent down to the floor to move my piece, it was defo more uncomfortable as I could feel something there!! lol

Yes I have had the flu jab too a couple weeks back as I was advised to get it as well, and I also work with children, babies in fact so ALOT of germs going around all the time, so wanted to be sure, this years one protected against swine flu too, and it's not a live virus, so totally safe for baby. Although it says you can't get flu as one of the side effects for getting the jab, I did however feel really tired and get a bad-ish cold for about two days after, but that just shows its getting into your system, not nice at the time, but I have found that I'm less prone to picking up common colds now than I was so that's a good thing too :)

I seem to be having REALLY itchy eyes at the mo though, and as a result they get all puffy and red which is soooo unattractive lol! And they get heavy when they are like that so all I wanna do is shut my eyes and sleep it off! I did get eyedrops today however, suitable for pregnancy so fingers crossed they will help as it's a horrible feeling when your eyes are like that, you can't get on and do anything! :(

Apart from that i'm feeling pretty good, but i'm still with you girls on the going to bed early thing, I think it's just our bodies preparing ourselves for when babies comes along along with the frequent toilet trips during the night!! lol So frustrating that one! lol x

I hope your itchy eyes are better today, thats no fun!!!

I had the same problem when I had the flu shot, I seemed to have gotten a small bug from it. Although it's been said thats not possible, however, I have heard many ppl say the same thing! However~it was mild in comparison to what I usually get when I get the flu so if that's all I will get then I will take it :)

Im so tired today... having a case of the Monday's for sure :( Have a great day ladies!

Afternoon Ladies

Lovely to read your posts and hear about your progressions.

I'm now 7DPO, only 7 more days to go until Testing. I've done everything I can this cycle and it's now down to Luck as to whether I get a nice BFP. Good symptoms too so I'm confident I'll be joining you all soon.. *Fingers crossed*

Hope you're all doing well :flower:

I had the same problem when I had the flu shot, I seemed to have gotten a small bug from it. Although it's been said thats not possible, however, I have heard many ppl say the same thing! However~it was mild in comparison to what I usually get when I get the flu so if that's all I will get then I will take it :)

Im so tired today... having a case of the Monday's for sure :( Have a great day ladies!

I got some eye drops from the doctor which seem to have helped actually, woke up this morning though looking like someone out of 28 days later, my eyes were all bloodshot!! lol But put my eye drops in and they returned to a white colour within about an hour, so defo much better with the eye drops!

I seem to be having one of those days today lol, a late monday for me! lol Hope you are good today? xxx

Afternoon Ladies

I'm now 7DPO, only 7 more days to go until Testing. I've done everything I can this cycle and it's now down to Luck as to whether I get a nice BFP. Good symptoms too so I'm confident I'll be joining you all soon.. *Fingers crossed*

Lovely to hear from you too! :D Glad all is well and you are feeling positive this month :) Will you wait til 14dpo do you think? I cracked at 11dpo and got my faint line with a frer :D Really excited to hear about your journey :) I have everything crossed for you!! :D xxxx

Thanks Hunni

From experience lines don't generally show up on any tests for me until I'm at least 14dpo, so I'm going to try and wait it out until then., I do have some IC's here, but they're usually rubbish for me, but we'l see if I can get to 14dpo without cracking lol xx

Afternoon Ladies

Nice to hear from you! Please keep us up to date!!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed for you :flower:

I got some eye drops from the doctor which seem to have helped actually, woke up this morning though looking like someone out of 28 days later, my eyes were all bloodshot!! lol But put my eye drops in and they returned to a white colour within about an hour, so defo much better with the eye drops!

I seem to be having one of those days today lol, a late monday for me! lol Hope you are good today? xxx

Oh you're an orange!!!!! :cloud9: I'm glad your eyes are better! I have my appt today and we will book my scan, so excited!!!! I will let you all know how it goes... of course :hugs:

Hi Ladies
Had a very mixed day today. Started off being very sick, which is the first time in a while but then had my midwife appt this afternoon and heard baby's heartbeat!! Very very happy and everything as it should be at this stage :happydance:

Have also now booked in my flu jab for Thursday, I'd heard different things about it but after feeling rubbish with just a cold last week decided I'd rather not take the risk of not getting it if that makes sense!

Sorry to hear about your eyes Fay, that sounds pretty horrible but glad they're getting better. 28 days later def not a good look!!

Tara, how'd your appt go? Have you got your scan booked?!

xx

Afternoon Ladies

Hi hun,

Really good to hear from you, so glad everything's going well for you :) Have everything crossed for you! Hope to see you back here very very soon :) xxx

Hi Ladies
Had a very mixed day today. Started off being very sick, which is the first time in a while but then had my midwife appt this afternoon and heard baby's heartbeat!! Very very happy and everything as it should be at this stage :happydance:

Have also now booked in my flu jab for Thursday, I'd heard different things about it but after feeling rubbish with just a cold last week decided I'd rather not take the risk of not getting it if that makes sense!

Sorry to hear about your eyes Fay, that sounds pretty horrible but glad they're getting better. 28 days later def not a good look!!

Tara, how'd your appt go? Have you got your scan booked?!

xx

Oh Ali, Im sorry you werent feeling well but Im so happy to hear that everything is great with the baby!!! :cloud9:
My appt isn't until 5:20 pm so I have a few more hours to wait :wacko: What is the time difference between us? It is 2:10 in the afternoon here currently.

lol, I forgot about the time difference! It's 8.50pm here so about 6 hours!

Ooooo so how did your appointment go then? and when's your scan booked for? :D

I know, and orange how crazy! And you're an avocado hehe awwww!

Eyes defo feeling better now thanks, having had a 'flare up' with them since having these eye drops, and hadn't needed to take them today yet, so all is good thanks :)

Glad you are getting your flu jab too ali, better to be safe than sorry :) a lot of those stories you hear about flu jab tend to be about previous jabs as well, which may not have been as safe for baby as the one you get today anyway.

I've changed my mind about the travel system we want lol, we were going for the trenton delux from mothercare but when viewing it, it was rather bulky and heavy to lift, so we've decided to go for a slightly more expensive (lol) britax b-smart 3, it looks so good and testing it out in the shops made it all so easy and convenient for us, especially as the frame folds down super tiny and the wheels come off if need be, what with us having a dog and a hatchback, we defo need to think about space! lol You can just put the car seat onto the frame as well so you don't need to take the pushchair bit with you if you're just nipping out or baby's still asleep etc :) we love it, here's the link - https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...layA_54+475_10751_-1_14601_132335_10001_14601

Have you thought about a pushchair/travel system yet ali? I remember mentioning it to tara before x

I've never seen a carry cot before, thats sooo neat!!!! I can't wait to go shopping!

My appt went fabulous! I got my scan booked for the 28th of THIS month!!!!!! I begged and it worked! Wooohoooo!!!! 12 days... oh how I hope it goes fast!!
xxxx

I hope you didn't think I was calling you wacko about my appt.. and the time difference. I meant that I was going wacko waiting... just wanted to clear that up :flower:

I hope you didn't think I was calling you wacko about my appt.. and the time difference. I meant that I was going wacko waiting... just wanted to clear that up :flower:

lol, that's ok I didn't think that at all!

So happy that your appt went so well and you got your scan booked. That's sooo exciting! :) The 12 days will whizz by!

Just got back from having my flu jab. All good except for a very achy arm!

Fay that travel system looks really good. We've actually gone for second hand one but it's from a good friend who is very meticulous about looking after things so we know it's still in very good condition and usable. It's a silver cross 3 in 1 travel system so we've also got the separate car seat which clips on the frame, the pram can convert to a buggy and can also be put on a separate frame to become a moses basket which will be very handy to start with. The only thing with it is it's got rather big wheels but will do everything we need :)

It looks a little like this one:

https://https://www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Linear-Freeway-Pushchair/dp/B0064OGCVC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_14&nodeId=44352031&sr=1-14&qid=1321534784&pf_rd_r=1D2S5C2869KNPWR7SAB3&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=44352031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->