Looking for a buddy close in dates

haha awww nachos!! sounds yummy! damn you! :p haha!
Yeah if you give in to white chocolate then you have to try and get hold of a Milky Bar, that's the best white chocolate ever! lol Pretty much completely sugar though ha! So if you're craving sweet things then yeah I guess you would pretty much fall in love with it too!
Do you have Lindt chocolate in the states? It's swiss chocolate and it is the best chocolate ever!! :) they do Lindt Lindor, which are truffle type chocolate balls with a smooth centre and they are to die for, I don't buy them often though as they are a tad pricey and they would just be devoured in seconds! lol Think I may have to go on a chocolate hunt now...oh dear! lol

I too though am trying soooo hard not to give in to all my cravings and considering I would eat choc all day every day I feel like I am doing well lol! But sometimes you just have to give in and treat yourself! :p xxx

I just realized I missed this post! Yes, we actually have some Lindor choc as I type this, my son bought it and somehow I have managed to stay away from them. THey look soooo heavenly-but the fat scares me. I KNOW i couldn't eat just one, and any more than that is just dangerous. I might have to sneak a bite of one though.. my husband said they are to die for!!!!! Mmmm

Ali- I am taking 4 weeks off of work. Seems like nothing when I hear of how much time everyone else gets. But, I shouldn't complain, atleast I will be able to stay home with her... her and 6 other kiddos ;) I wish I were just staying with her though :)

I know what you mean about getting bored, I'm trying to figure out best time to finish that will give me a bit of time to myself (before it disappears completely!) and sitting around just waiting! Have been chatting to hubby about it tonight though and most likely going to finish about 6th April and then tag holiday onto the end of the maternity leave.

Not had my MATB1 form yet, I think I should get it from the midwife at my appt next week. I think my HR dept are getting fed up with me as I keep going back and asking questions about the maternity pay and leave entitlement - it's such a minefield (or maybe I've just got baby brain!) Do you know how long you'll take off altogether?

Tara, how much time do you get altogether?

Getting lots of kicks as I'm sitting here typing. Still feels amazing every time :D

Do either of you do any classes like yoga or pilates? I started a pregnancy pilates class on Monday and felt so good for doing it. Was quite gentle, lots of work sitting on exercise balls and lying on your side, would definitely recommend if you get the chance to do any.

Hope you've both had a good day xx

I know what you mean about the maternity rights being mind-boggling, because i've already told my employer that I won't be returning to work after my leave finishes, I found out today that my employer is taking my first day of maternity leave as my last day of employment which means that I won't accrue any holiday during my maternity leave, which means I won't be able to get any holiday to take before I start my maternity leave. This is all because I have already told them I will not be returning to work once my leave is up rather than wait until my leave has almost finished.

I assumed (maybe naively) that my employment would end when my leave did? But obviously not! So feel a bit robbed of that, because she then went on to say if you hadn't of told us you were not coming back then you would of got your holiday entitlement and then if you decided not to come back then you would just need to give your usual 4 weeks notice before you were due to return to work.

Basically, I should of lied or kept my mouth shut, and only given them 4 weeks notice of me not coming back rather than the many months i've given them now! Thought I was doing a nice thing by giving them plenty of notice to find a perm replacement rather than a temp one just to cover my leave. Who knew that it pays to be selfish in this world! ha! Got an appointment on monday though with the Citizens advice just to double check that they are allowed to do that as I thought my end of employment would be when my maternity leave/pay ended?

So yeah I won't be returning to work, as my husbands in the army and we will be due to relocate shortly after my maternity leave runs out anyway, so figured there's no point in going back to work. But I am taking the full 39 weeks of Standard Maternity Pay from them anyway.

It's great that you are getting kicks! I often get them when i'm typing too, I love it!! :D feels special doesn't it as you are the only person who has that connection at the moment :)

I haven't taken any classes yet, maybe I should to get my arse into gear, as I have a yoga and pilates work out dvd for pregnancy, and haven't even taken them out of the wrapper yet! :s I really want to though, but always seem to find some excuse as to why not, something else always needs doing first! lol
I'm glad you enjoyed it though, bet it's a great way to meet other pregnant mums? I'm not sure if there would be anything like that near me? I've often heard that you'd need to just go along to a normal one and just tell the instructor that you are pregnant so they can adapt it for you slightly...so I wouldn't feel that was the same as an actual class based around pregnancy. Think i'm gonna look into classes though as they do sound fun :) xxx

I just realized I missed this post! Yes, we actually have some Lindor choc as I type this, my son bought it and somehow I have managed to stay away from them. THey look soooo heavenly-but the fat scares me. I KNOW i couldn't eat just one, and any more than that is just dangerous. I might have to sneak a bite of one though.. my husband said they are to die for!!!!! Mmmm

Haha I know! It is sooooooo naughty, but soooooo nice! lol Yeah you should just sneak a little bite, maybe a last piece so you can't be tempted with anymore! haha! It's defo my weakness! eeeek! x

I just realized I said my son bought them... lol.... although it feels like he rules the house, I actually bought them for him because he wanted them. :rofl: Im sure thats the way you took it, but I had to correct myself :haha:

Oh and I can't seem to get my arse in gear to work out either... you have inspired me to look into a pregnancy class, or maybe a video... hmmmm. I bet it would stay in the wrapper too lol!

Ali- I am taking 4 weeks off of work. Seems like nothing when I hear of how much time everyone else gets. But, I shouldn't complain, atleast I will be able to stay home with her... her and 6 other kiddos ;) I wish I were just staying with her though :)

Wow, I feel quite greedy being able to take 9 months off! At least as you say though you'll get to stay with your LO after the 4 weeks :)

i think it's amazing that they allow you to take so much time off. Standard time off here in the states is 12 weeks, and I *think* it's at half pay or something. It's so crazy how different things are around the world!!!

Fay, I would definitely check into the holiday and when you're employment actually ends as I would agree that it would finish at the end of your maternity leave. It's so frustrating when you think you're doing a good thing and helping out by telling the truth only to get it thrown back in your face. Unfortunately does seem to pay to be selfish!

Not going back to work sounds great though, lots of time to spend with the LO :) I'd love to do that but going to have to go back. At least should only be part time though if I can get work to agree to it.

I have a couple of exercise dvds too but found I was just never doing them - is hard to get motivated on your own! The pregnancy class is so much better and yes, great for meeting other mums to be. It's definitely worth checking out if there are any near you though I did struggle to find any in my area, they seem to be very rare! I think I just did a google search in the end and managed to find the one I'm doing and a yoga one. Let me know how you get on!

xx

i think it's amazing that they allow you to take so much time off. Standard time off here in the states is 12 weeks, and I *think* it's at half pay or something. It's so crazy how different things are around the world!!!

Wow that seems like no time at all!

All the talk of lindor chocolate is making me want to go out and buy some!

I just realized I said my son bought them... lol.... although it feels like he rules the house, I actually bought them for him because he wanted them. :rofl: Im sure thats the way you took it, but I had to correct myself :haha:

haha we knew what you meant but I did wonder when you wrote that! ha!
And I know Ali I want to get some now too lol!! x

Fay, I would definitely check into the holiday and when you're employment actually ends as I would agree that it would finish at the end of your maternity leave. It's so frustrating when you think you're doing a good thing and helping out by telling the truth only to get it thrown back in your face. Unfortunately does seem to pay to be selfish!

Not going back to work sounds great though, lots of time to spend with the LO :) I'd love to do that but going to have to go back. At least should only be part time though if I can get work to agree to it.

I have a couple of exercise dvds too but found I was just never doing them - is hard to get motivated on your own! The pregnancy class is so much better and yes, great for meeting other mums to be. It's definitely worth checking out if there are any near you though I did struggle to find any in my area, they seem to be very rare! I think I just did a google search in the end and managed to find the one I'm doing and a yoga one. Let me know how you get on!

xx

Yeah work sucks, I've defo decided to start my maternity leave earlier now though, I was finishing at 38 weeks, but gonna finish at 36 instead! Tough shit to them if that's more inconvenient for them, they don't care about me, so I don't care about them! lol! Gonna be selfish now! :D

Yeah I'm really looking forward to being at home with LO, I only work part time at the moment anyway, and then when we move to a new place I am going to try and start up child-minding for a bit of extra money, so I should only be without pay for a maximum of 6 months hopefully, husbands going on tour to afghan in august at the moment (all could change at any point with the army though) so that should help us out financially for a bit at least.

Gonna look on google for some classes this afternoon then and i'll let you know what I find :) Hope you're both having a good day xxx

Finishing at 36 weeks definitely sounds good!

Hope the child minding works out, will def keep you busy I'm sure! I couldn't imagine my husband going away for periods at a time, how do you find it?

I've been starting to look at furniture for the nursery and trying to decide what's best to go for. We've got a cot already that was my sisters so just need a wardrobe and drawers of some kind I think. There's so much choice out there though! Tara, any tips on what's essential to start with?!

Fay, how did you get on with the classes?

xx

Finishing at 36 weeks definitely sounds good!

Hope the child minding works out, will def keep you busy I'm sure! I couldn't imagine my husband going away for periods at a time, how do you find it?

I've been starting to look at furniture for the nursery and trying to decide what's best to go for. We've got a cot already that was my sisters so just need a wardrobe and drawers of some kind I think. There's so much choice out there though! Tara, any tips on what's essential to start with?!

Fay, how did you get on with the classes?

xx

Yeah I handed in my letter today to confirm i'll be finishing at 36 weeks! :) We got an invite to a wedding yesterday which is on 12th April and i'll be 37 weeks! Really gutted that we can't go as we want to but don't want to risk being away from home in case baby comes early, we'll have to travel to Scotland as well, so even worse, wouldn't of been so bad to risk going if it was local, so that's a shame :(

I hate it when hubby goes away :( time really really drags! But I know he's doing it for us in the long run though, he wants to give us a good future financially and security wise, so we just have to take the bad with the good, hopefully if the troops do pull out of Afghan in the next couple of years then he won't have to go away again after that anyway, so fingers crossed there won't be another war somewhere else to go to instead! lol We usually have plenty of notice of when he's going away for a tour though, which helps me get fully prepared and used to the idea of him not being around for a bit, i'll usually visit family more when he's away to help keep me occupied! lol It may be easier this time round too with little one to keep me busy, instead of twiddling my thumbs all the time wondering what he's up to.

As with the furniture, we are the other way round lol, we have a wardrobe and chest of drawers that we are putting in the nursery and we just need to get the cot, we're going to get a cot-bed actually, one that will convert to a junior bed afterwards. We are going for a dark wood as that's what the wardrobe and chest of drawers is, i'm also wanting to get a nursing chair for feeding and cuddles :)

I have literally just purchased this today actually, a swing for baby instead of a bouncer as from the experience at the nursery I work in, ALL the babies prefer the swing over a bouncer. The ones we have been looking at are sooooo expensive! like £70-100!! But I came across this one in the baby event at asda and love it! We are going with a safari/jungle theme so it's perfect :) and only £35! bargain! :D
https://direct.asda.com/Bright-Starts-Sunnyside-Safari-Swing/002674772,default,pd.html

Oh I looked into those classes and I found a pregnancy yoga one, so I have emailed her to enquire about times and prices etc, so I'm looking forward to that :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Hope you're both having good days! Thank goodness it's friday!!! :D Been a long week! lol xxx

That's great that you've now given notice, I still need to do mine! I realised today that what was going to be my last day is actually Good Friday so can finish a day earlier than planned, yay!

That's a shame about the wedding. I think I'd be far too nervous to travel too far by 37 weeks!

I think it's so strong of you to be on your own when your husband goes away but at least you get to see your family more often - did I read in a previous post that you're going to be moving closer to them once the baby's born?

That swing is sooo cute! I hadn't thought to look at Asda for baby stuff so going to do that shortly! We're thinking along an animal theme for the nursery too, I think it looks so cute. I've seen bedding etc I like in Mothercare and going to get wall stickers as well.

Glad you managed to find a class, let me know how you get on!

Had an ok day but I'm so glad it's Friday too. I had a bit of a longer drive to work today (I work in a couple of different locations, one of which is about a 45 to 60 min drive away) and really feeling it, especially as it's my first 5 day week since before xmas!

Have a good evening both of you :) xx

Very cute swing Fay! Also, congrats on turning in your paper work on your leave date... im so envious! :)
Ali, I wish I could tell you the essentials, I think it all depends on the person. For instance, some ppl have to have a changing table, however-I never used one, I just used a mat and the floor lol. Are you having baby sleep in your room for a certain length of time? If so, are you using a basinet? Im not sure if they are called something different over there... Anyway, that's something that is essential for me. Sadly, we don't have enough room here (even though it's a 4 bdrm) so little girl will be sleeping in my room until we get to move at the end of July. Which, I wouldve had her with me that long regardless, but Im kind of sad about not decorating a nursery right now... oh well, I still get to do it, she will just be a couple months old :) Really looking forward to a bigger place. The walls start to close in on me since I am pretty much home 24/7 with 7 little ones...:wacko:
Have a great weekend ladies!

That's great that you've now given notice, I still need to do mine! I realised today that what was going to be my last day is actually Good Friday so can finish a day earlier than planned, yay!

That's a shame about the wedding. I think I'd be far too nervous to travel too far by 37 weeks!

I think it's so strong of you to be on your own when your husband goes away but at least you get to see your family more often - did I read in a previous post that you're going to be moving closer to them once the baby's born?

That swing is sooo cute! I hadn't thought to look at Asda for baby stuff so going to do that shortly! We're thinking along an animal theme for the nursery too, I think it looks so cute. I've seen bedding etc I like in Mothercare and going to get wall stickers as well.

Glad you managed to find a class, let me know how you get on!

Had an ok day but I'm so glad it's Friday too. I had a bit of a longer drive to work today (I work in a couple of different locations, one of which is about a 45 to 60 min drive away) and really feeling it, especially as it's my first 5 day week since before xmas!

Have a good evening both of you :) xx

Haha brilliant! always good to end of a high! I actually think I have about 3-4 days holiday to take before I go so if I don't need it for anything else then i'm gonna put it in my last week so I too get to finish a few days earlier anyway lol!

We'll actually be moving back closer to family once he returns from his tour, baby will be about 1 by then, so still have a way to go yet, but he wants to do a course this year and if he gets on it, then he may not have to go away, so fingers crossed that happens as when he passes the course (which is still 6 months long lol) we can move straight away then, so possibly we'll get to move sooner...so it's all up in the air at the moment...as i've come to get used to with the army lol! It's good to have other wives over here to be friends with as they can relate to how you feel when hubby's are away, so we try and help occupy each other whilst they are away lol!

I think we may have very similar nursery's you know haha! Cause we too have picked up a few things for baby at mothercare, is it the Little Circus range? We think it's really cute!

Don't think that class is gonna turn out well for me at the moment, she doesn't have much availability at the times I needed so gonna have to wait until she free's up some space...but I have a while to go yet so could still benefit from it later down the line if need be :)

Aww that sucks that you have to travel to work like that! I hated travelling ages to work! I'm sooooo lucky as my current work is literally 5 mins down the road! and starting at 7.30am it's a god send otherwise i'd have to get up even earlier! lol I think baby must be on a big of a growing spurt at the mo as the last two days i've been so tired when I get in from work! I've had to resort to having a power nap again! lol Think i've well and truely caught up on some sleep now though :)
Hope you have a great wknd! xxx

Very cute swing Fay! Also, congrats on turning in your paper work on your leave date... im so envious! :)
Ali, I wish I could tell you the essentials, I think it all depends on the person. For instance, some ppl have to have a changing table, however-I never used one, I just used a mat and the floor lol. Are you having baby sleep in your room for a certain length of time? If so, are you using a basinet? Im not sure if they are called something different over there... Anyway, that's something that is essential for me. Sadly, we don't have enough room here (even though it's a 4 bdrm) so little girl will be sleeping in my room until we get to move at the end of July. Which, I wouldve had her with me that long regardless, but Im kind of sad about not decorating a nursery right now... oh well, I still get to do it, she will just be a couple months old :) Really looking forward to a bigger place. The walls start to close in on me since I am pretty much home 24/7 with 7 little ones...:wacko:

Awww it must feel annoying not being able to get a room ready for little one! :( But like you say at least you can do it once you move and have fun with it then! :) Yeah baby will be in our room for the first few months, then we'll transfer him to his own room eventually, don't want to fall into any traps of him being too clingy with us in our room though! lol!

I bet you are looking forward to a bigger place, I can totally see how being at home 24/7 with 7 little ones can drive you bonkers! lol
Hope you have a fab weekend! xxx

We'll probably have baby in our room for the first couple of months and then into the nursery so have got a moses basket (which I think is what you call bassinet!) to start with. We're probably not going to bother with a changing table either, they're so expensive! Going to just get a couple of changing mats and either use the floor or top of a dresser.

Bet you can't wait to move to a bigger place, that's what I was like when we moved from a flat to our house! And you'll have decorating the nursery to look forward to :)

x

Fay, hope the course works out for your husband so he doesn't have to go away. That 6 months would soon go! :) Bet you must be excited at the prospect of moving closer to family too! :) Now we've a baby on the way I couldn't imagine not having family close by.

Sounds like we will have similar nurseries as yes, it's the Little Circus range, I love it, it's so cute!

That's a shame about the class but I think even if you get on it at a later stage it would still be beneficial

I know what you mean about the tiredness, I've had that a bit this week. My bump has also suddenly popped out even more so think I've had a growth spurt too :) LO made me jump last night, I was just starting to drop off to sleep and suddenly got a very big kick! Is weird but even then it feels like the best thing in the world :D

Hope you're both having a fab weekend xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"