• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for a buddy close in dates

Happy 29 weeks Fay!

Do you ladies ever feel like birth is never going to happen? I woke up feeling that way today... blah.

Have a great day! Im moody today... :haha:

Thank you! Sorry you are feeling moody today :( those days suck! Hope you feel better soon!

It certainly feels like time drags at the moment! What with mike being away too, i'm always finding myself wishing time away!

Oh I forgot to mention earlier, I had the WORST cramp in my calf at 4.30am this morning! Woke me right up from a dream I was having in agony! I couldn't physically bend my foot in the right way to stop the cramp in my calf so I had to get out of bed and stand on it on the floor to 'pop' it back to normal, oh my that was horrible and I certainly hope that was the first and last of those! Don't want that becoming a habit! Anyone else experienced that yet? Heard it's quite common in pregnancy, apparently tonic water is good and I need more salt and magnesium I think but I take my multi-vits which have been great so far, my diet was a bit rubbish at the wknd so maybe that was why?
Anyway, if it persists then I'll seriously have to look into making improvements to stop them! lol ouch indeed!!

Have a great day! xxxx

Ohhh the dreaded charlie horse!!! (thats what we call them here anyway) they are horrible! Ive heard lack of potasium and needing more water is partially to blame. Looks like everyone has a different answer lol! I hope you don't have those anymore, they are the worst aren't they?
I've just had a bad day.... feeling like the end is never going to come. It's sooo close yet it feels so far away. Its not that I don't like being pregnant.. I love it! I am just so anxious to meet my little one and it's weighing on me heavy today. Not sure why.. but it is. I just ate some chocolate in hopes that it will help :haha:

Ohhh the dreaded charlie horse!!! (thats what we call them here anyway) they are horrible! Ive heard lack of potasium and needing more water is partially to blame. Looks like everyone has a different answer lol! I hope you don't have those anymore, they are the worst aren't they?
I've just had a bad day.... feeling like the end is never going to come. It's sooo close yet it feels so far away. Its not that I don't like being pregnant.. I love it! I am just so anxious to meet my little one and it's weighing on me heavy today. Not sure why.. but it is. I just ate some chocolate in hopes that it will help :haha:

haha I love that!! 'just ate some chocolate in hopes that it will help', that seems to be my answer too!! :p I think it helps hehe! hope it makes you feel better :)

Yeah I really hope that it doesn't happen again! cramps are the worst!! :( I guess more water is the obvious solution so I will make sure of that, I have been feeling thirsty this weekend, so maybe that's why, lack of fluids.

I know what you mean, I'm also soooo anxious to meet little one, I just get impatient and want it all to happen when I want it to! haha!

Oh I had a look on the main page of this website and they have a baby section as well as a pregnancy section so we can all move over to there and share stories once our babies our born :D exciting!! we'll look back on this time and think how quickly it flew by I bet! but now we're here at this stage, it's dragging! lol xxxx

Oh good!!!! We will have somewhere to go :)

I know, Im sure that it will go fast... I think Im just in a mood. And IMPATIENT is the perfect word for it!!!! i remember getting this way with Avery too, but I thought it wasn't until the last 2 weeks... starting early this time! ahahah!!!

Load up on some fluids and I hope that helps! :hugs:

oh Tara sorry to hear you're having a bad day, hope you feel better soon :hugs: I know what you mean though, there are some days when I just feel so impatient wanting to meet my little one and it feels like there's still such a long way to go. Then other times it feels like there's no time left at all! like you say, I love being pregnant but now really anxious for the next stage to happen. I find chocolate also helps a lot ;)

Fay, that sucks about your cramp, they're so horrible aren't they? I always thought they were to do with lack of salt but keeping fluids up should help as well.

That's great we'll have somewhere to go on here after the pregnancies, will be so good to keep in touch :)

oh and happy 29 weeks Fay!

xx

I'm not sure if I wished you a happy 30 weeks, Ali! Yay! We are all so close!!!! I think I am having a better day... still feeling very impatient. I really hope that feeling passes soon because it is going to make this last part drag on. I hope you both are having a great day.
:hugs:

Thank you :)

Yes, is getting so close now! Glad you're feeling better today, I'm sure the time will fly by and we'll be on here showing off baby pics before we know it!

I think what's going to be hard for me is getting through work - that is really starting to drag, mainly because I just can't concentrate on it anymore!! Not good when I've still got 7 weeks to go!

Hope you're having a good day :)

xx

Hi girls,

Oh ali I know exactly what you mean about work! I am sooo fed up already and I am quickly becoming very tired and exhausted and achey with it too, more people are commenting on my bump, so I guess it's unavoidable now! lol I also have 7 weeks left and it really is gonna drag :( I'm finding it hard to just walk around for long periods now, like walking the dog or going shopping, my legs just start to ache and my pelvis too, I feel like i'm 100 years old! lol I am really looking forward to getting back to my normal weight too as I feel like the extra weight gain is weighing me down lol! I seriously don't know how obese people cope with all that weight on a perm basis! lol let alone pregnant obese people! lol

I went to the physio last night and she said that my hip joints were not symmetrical and that my left one was stiffer than the right so that's why I have been getting pain, she did a few things to help realign them and said it looked all fine etc once she'd finished, it felt a little better at the time, but now it doesn't feel any different, if not worse??? lol So she just said to keep an eye on it and let her know if it still hurts, so maybe it needs to get worse before getting better? lol I hope so as I really do feel like i'm crippled sometimes! :(

No more cramps so far though, so that's good! Yeah I heard about the lack of salt to, I would have thought they add enough salt to most foods these days that I wouldn't be lacking in it?? lol although I do prepare a lot of food fresh, so I guess that could of been why, and I don't add salt to my food either.

Hope you're all having a good day? xxx

I'm sorry that going to the physio didn't seem to help any :( How discouraging!!! Maybe give it a day or two to see if it does have to get worse before better, but if it doesn't feel better soon, I would defo call her back.

I was telling Dalton that too, about obese ppl... I don't see how anyone could manage being so over weight! I vacuumed yesterday morning and was out of breath afterwards. :haha: It was a little embarassing lol but everything is soooo smooched up that I suppose it's normal to become out of breath so easy.

I'm ready for maternity leave too!!!!! I wish I got off before the baby was born as I really could use it, but I guess it is what it is.

Have a nice day ladies!

I'm sorry that going to the physio didn't seem to help any :( How discouraging!!! Maybe give it a day or two to see if it does have to get worse before better, but if it doesn't feel better soon, I would defo call her back.

I was telling Dalton that too, about obese ppl... I don't see how anyone could manage being so over weight! I vacuumed yesterday morning and was out of breath afterwards. :haha: It was a little embarassing lol but everything is soooo smooched up that I suppose it's normal to become out of breath so easy.

I'm ready for maternity leave too!!!!! I wish I got off before the baby was born as I really could use it, but I guess it is what it is.

Have a nice day ladies!

Yeah I will do, hopefully it will begin to get better soon, I have yoga tomorrow evening too so hopefully that will help as well.

I know what you mean about getting out of breath! and it being embarrassing! haha! Mike is quite healthy and fit, he exercises all the time for his job so I know I'm no-where near as fit as he is, stamina wise etc, but we would be walking the dog up a steep hill, and I'd be panting and so out of breath and he's just breathing normally! lol Embarrassing indeed! lol I feel the need to keep telling him I am providing blood and oxygen for two now, just to justify myself haha! It is defo more of a struggle to do most things now lol! Walking especially!

I really feel for you that you can't have more time off before the baby arrives :( I so understand how you need it though!! xxx

Hi Ladies!

Fay, sorry the physio didn't seem to help at all. I think sometimes it is a case of it feels worse to start with because of things being moved about but you should def give her a call back if it doesn't feel better in a couple of days. Hopefully the yoga will help too though.

I'm so with you both on the being out of breath! All I have to do is a bit of housework and then I have to sit down to rest. I guess we are carrying quite a bit of extra weight around though which I do forget sometimes!

Had a bit of day yesterday and ended up in the maternity day unit at our local hospital. Thankfully turned out ok but I'd noticed less movement from the baby in the last couple of days so rang the midwife yesterday morning for advice and she said to go straight in to the hospital for monitoring. Anyway got down there about 10ish and they were really busy so were hanging around for ages, finally got seen and hooked up to a monitor to check what the little one was doing and s/he started moving loads almost straight away!! Anyway they said I did the right thing by ringing and was so glad when baby started moving again, was quite scary for a while as there was quite a sudden difference to what I would normally feel in a day.

While I was there though they measured me and said I was a bit small for 30 weeks so sent me for a scan there and then! Apparently the foetus' weight is a bit on the low side (although still within the average range) so they want me to go back in 3 weeks for another scan and then every couple of weeks after that. 3 and a half hours later we finally left the hospital! I don't think everything that had happened really hit me until later on as felt absolutely shattered when I finally got into work in the afternoon. Bit worried about what might happen if the baby's weight doesn't start increasing but trying not to stress about it too much as I know that won't help anything. I'm only petite too so my baby was never likely to be huge!

Hope everyone else doing ok xx

Forgot to add the baby's now also in breach position so hoping that changes soon!

Hi Ali!! Wow, how scary for you!!!! It sounds like you did the right thing and I'm sure that put your mind at ease. Was the baby not moving at all or just not much? Reason Im asking is I always seem to worry about that too.. some days I don't feel her as much as other days... I just hoped that was normal. How big is your baby now? It sounds like he/she is average weight so I wouldn't be too worried, hun. Easier said than done, Im sure!!!! We are on opposite ends.. my doc thinks my baby is big lol! Im sorry you had such a rough day, and I hope that today is better!!!!!!!
Is there any way to move the baby around or do you just have to hope they do it on their own??

Sorry to hear of your scare Ali :( it's awful when something happens and you don't know if it should be normal or not? :( But defo great that you got seen though. Did they say anything about slightly less movement the further on you get, as I heard that the bigger baby gets the less movement you may feel because they are running out of room, but I guess if it was very different from what you are used to in a matter of a few days then defo better to get it checked out! I bet it was such a huge relief when baby was moving a lot though and I bet it was lovely to see baby on a scan again as well? :D

Hopefully baby will gain a bit more weight over the next few weeks so that your progress will help relieve your worry. That's just an excuse and a reason to enjoy a bit more food now!! haha! Get those fats on baby!! :D

I've had a really bad morning at work, seems really trivial compared to your scare though Ali, but i'll share anyway and see what you think, am I over-reacting?? Is it just my hormones? lol

I was at work and one of the baby's woke up so I got her dressed and took her outside with the other babies, and I walked into the playground area just about to put her in a swing and from completely out of no-where, one of the girls who works in another room said 'you're bum's getting bigger now' and the girl that I work with said to her 'her bum or her bump?' and she said 'no her bum' and because of the Irish accent, I re-asked her 'my bum or bump?' she said 'no bum' then she continued to say I had a Beyonce bum now and rambled on about some other celebrity having bump implants..... I was so upset! :cry: My response to her was 'thanks, you cheeky bitch!' and I think she thought I was joking as she laughed and then said, 'oh in the last few months I just ballooned, I put weight on everywhere'. I just thought 'yeah and you haven't lost it either and your baby's a year and a half!' (I was so frustrated)

I just couldn't believe it, why did she feel the need to say that to me? and out of context like that, it's not like we were sat around talking about the pregnancy or any weight gain I think i've put on etc, just completely out of the blue! Why did she think that I want to hear that? it's not constructive and it's not gonna help me in anyway, the only reason I can think of is to be pure bitchy or/and in spite of being jealous? Maybe the fact that I'm still quite slim at almost 7 months pregnant and she's jealous or something? I mean, I know I have put on a few extra pounds around my hips as I can feel it in my love handles, but my work clothes are quite baggy and you can't really tell, I mean most of the parents don't even know i'm pregnant yet for goodness sake! I am still wearing the same size jeans/trousers as I was before I got pregnant, even if they are maternity ones and a bit snugger than before, but i'm pregnant!!! what is she to expect? that i'm not gonna put on any weight at all??

I seriously felt myself having to try really hard not to cry at work because of how shocked and upset I was with her comment, I mean it's bad enough to comment negatively on someone's weight anyway, let alone a pregnant hormonal woman who is likely to be a bit insecure of her changing body shape anyway! I just wanted to run away and never go back! lol I'm still really upset about it :cry:

Has anyone else come across comments or remarks that hint about weight gain or changing body shape etc? I just don't know why someone would be so cruel and like I said for what reason? What did she think she was accomplishing in saying that to me? It certainly wasn't funny and no-one else laughed! I kind of stormed off as it was my break time anyway so I hope she got the hint that she had upset me, although she can be a bit of a bitch and speak her mind anyway so I bet she doesn't even see how her comment could of upset me.

Hope you have both had better days today? xxx

The baby was still moving a bit but a lot less than usual. I'd noticed a pattern of lots of movement first thing and in the evening and then kicks/flutters etc intermittently throughout the day but then I was suddenly getting hardly movement in either the morning or evening and kicks weren't as strong either. The general advice we're given here is as long as you feel 10 kicks a day then it's ok so as long as you're getting that I should think everything's fine :) I just wanted to check as I've been getting a lot more than 10 kicks a day and suddenly it dropped right off for a couple of days. I would say if you are worried at all then it is worth getting it checked just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Baby's weighing approx 2lb 14oz at the moment so a little low. What's yours? Will be interesting to see the difference in ours at birth!! :)

Not sure what happens about getting the baby to move around! They said the position isn't important until about 36 weeks so a bit of time yet. A friend of mine had the same thing and her baby moved right at the last minute on her own so hoping mine will do the same!

Having a better day today anyway and the LO has been making up for the lack of movement - hasn't stopped for most of the day!!

xx

The baby was still moving a bit but a lot less than usual. I'd noticed a pattern of lots of movement first thing and in the evening and then kicks/flutters etc intermittently throughout the day but then I was suddenly getting hardly movement in either the morning or evening and kicks weren't as strong either. The general advice we're given here is as long as you feel 10 kicks a day then it's ok so as long as you're getting that I should think everything's fine :) I just wanted to check as I've been getting a lot more than 10 kicks a day and suddenly it dropped right off for a couple of days. I would say if you are worried at all then it is worth getting it checked just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Baby's weighing approx 2lb 14oz at the moment so a little low. What's yours? Will be interesting to see the difference in ours at birth!! :)

Not sure what happens about getting the baby to move around! They said the position isn't important until about 36 weeks so a bit of time yet. A friend of mine had the same thing and her baby moved right at the last minute on her own so hoping mine will do the same!

Having a better day today anyway and the LO has been making up for the lack of movement - hasn't stopped for most of the day!!

xx

That seems to be what happens to me, I start thinking that she isn't moving as much...well not kicking as hard maybe is the right term... then the next dday she is moving tons and I think, "I was just over reacting".. I hate that feeling tho. Not knowing whether you should worry or not. I am SUCH a worrier... I worry about everything in my life, probably to an unhealthy extent. However, it sounds like you did just what you were suppose to do, good job mama! :flower:
When I had my 3D scan I was 26w5days I believe and the baby was 1lb15oz. But who knows what she weighs now! At the time they said she was average weight :shrug:
I'm glad LO is moving around loads for you today, he/she must want to reassure you that they are ok :hugs:

Sorry to hear of your scare Ali :( it's awful when something happens and you don't know if it should be normal or not? :( But defo great that you got seen though. Did they say anything about slightly less movement the further on you get, as I heard that the bigger baby gets the less movement you may feel because they are running out of room, but I guess if it was very different from what you are used to in a matter of a few days then defo better to get it checked out! I bet it was such a huge relief when baby was moving a lot though and I bet it was lovely to see baby on a scan again as well? :D

Hopefully baby will gain a bit more weight over the next few weeks so that your progress will help relieve your worry. That's just an excuse and a reason to enjoy a bit more food now!! haha! Get those fats on baby!! :D

I've had a really bad morning at work, seems really trivial compared to your scare though Ali, but i'll share anyway and see what you think, am I over-reacting?? Is it just my hormones? lol

I was at work and one of the baby's woke up so I got her dressed and took her outside with the other babies, and I walked into the playground area just about to put her in a swing and from completely out of no-where, one of the girls who works in another room said 'you're bum's getting bigger now' and the girl that I work with said to her 'her bum or her bump?' and she said 'no her bum' and because of the Irish accent, I re-asked her 'my bum or bump?' she said 'no bum' then she continued to say I had a Beyonce bum now and rambled on about some other celebrity having bump implants..... I was so upset! :cry: My response to her was 'thanks, you cheeky bitch!' and I think she thought I was joking as she laughed and then said, 'oh in the last few months I just ballooned, I put weight on everywhere'. I just thought 'yeah and you haven't lost it either and your baby's a year and a half!' (I was so frustrated)

I just couldn't believe it, why did she feel the need to say that to me? and out of context like that, it's not like we were sat around talking about the pregnancy or any weight gain I think i've put on etc, just completely out of the blue! Why did she think that I want to hear that? it's not constructive and it's not gonna help me in anyway, the only reason I can think of is to be pure bitchy or/and in spite of being jealous? Maybe the fact that I'm still quite slim at almost 7 months pregnant and she's jealous or something? I mean, I know I have put on a few extra pounds around my hips as I can feel it in my love handles, but my work clothes are quite baggy and you can't really tell, I mean most of the parents don't even know i'm pregnant yet for goodness sake! I am still wearing the same size jeans/trousers as I was before I got pregnant, even if they are maternity ones and a bit snugger than before, but i'm pregnant!!! what is she to expect? that i'm not gonna put on any weight at all??

I seriously felt myself having to try really hard not to cry at work because of how shocked and upset I was with her comment, I mean it's bad enough to comment negatively on someone's weight anyway, let alone a pregnant hormonal woman who is likely to be a bit insecure of her changing body shape anyway! I just wanted to run away and never go back! lol I'm still really upset about it :cry:

Has anyone else come across comments or remarks that hint about weight gain or changing body shape etc? I just don't know why someone would be so cruel and like I said for what reason? What did she think she was accomplishing in saying that to me? It certainly wasn't funny and no-one else laughed! I kind of stormed off as it was my break time anyway so I hope she got the hint that she had upset me, although she can be a bit of a bitch and speak her mind anyway so I bet she doesn't even see how her comment could of upset me.

Hope you have both had better days today? xxx

Fay,
That is absolutely HORRIBLE of her to say!!!! What a down right BITCH! One thing I have NEVER understood is why ppl think that b/c a woman is pregnant that gives them the right to talk to them about weight. Most woman are super sensitive about their body even BEFORE pregnancy, and then you add hormones on top of it... they think they will be less sensitive about it? NO WAY! Grrrrr that just upsets me that she was soooo rude! I hope she got the point, but sadly, she probably didn't think she did anything wrong... that selfish witch!

There is actually a thread in 3rd tri I was reading about comments that ppl should never make to a pregnant lady, I really wanted to copy it and paste it to fb. Even tho I haven't yet experienced it, I have a friend who is 5 wks ahead of me and she has a massive bump... it's gorgeous! And everytime she posts a pic on fb there are always loads of comments about how huge she is or are you sure there aren't 2 in there... it doesn't seem to bother her but it bothers me for her.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that... you look absolutely stunning, just remember that she is a jealous hag and wished she looked as good as you :hugs:

oh Fay so sorry to hear about your day. You're definitely not overreacting, that's such a horrible thing for that woman to say and absolutely no need for it. What a bitch! It sounds to me that she is just completely jealous because you look absolutely gorgeous in the pics you've posted on here. I know it's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you as she's really not worth the upset and is just a rude, jealous, selfish cow.

So sorry you had to go through it and it's definitely not trivial - dealing with pregnancy and the hormones is hard enough without having people like that to deal with :hugs:

Fay,
That is absolutely HORRIBLE of her to say!!!! What a down right BITCH! One thing I have NEVER understood is why ppl think that b/c a woman is pregnant that gives them the right to talk to them about weight. Most woman are super sensitive about their body even BEFORE pregnancy, and then you add hormones on top of it... they think they will be less sensitive about it? NO WAY! Grrrrr that just upsets me that she was soooo rude! I hope she got the point, but sadly, she probably didn't think she did anything wrong... that selfish witch!

There is actually a thread in 3rd tri I was reading about comments that ppl should never make to a pregnant lady, I really wanted to copy it and paste it to fb. Even tho I haven't yet experienced it, I have a friend who is 5 wks ahead of me and she has a massive bump... it's gorgeous! And everytime she posts a pic on fb there are always loads of comments about how huge she is or are you sure there aren't 2 in there... it doesn't seem to bother her but it bothers me for her.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that... you look absolutely stunning, just remember that she is a jealous hag and wished she looked as good as you :hugs:

Aww thanks hun, I just couldn't believe it to be honest, it's horrible how people can think they can get away with saying stuff like that! :( You can kind of let them off if they say wow you look big or getting bigger now etc, cause you just assume they are on about the baby, but when someone specifically says something to you about another body part, it's just really rude and inappropriate! :(

I think i'm just really tired today too which isn't helping, i'm sure tomorrow i'll be fine and able to deal with it better if she says anything again.

Thanks for your support though, sometimes you just need to vent off some anger and for someone to juts agree with you! lol :) xxxx

oh Fay so sorry to hear about your day. You're definitely not overreacting, that's such a horrible thing for that woman to say and absolutely no need for it. What a bitch! It sounds to me that she is just completely jealous because you look absolutely gorgeous in the pics you've posted on here. I know it's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you as she's really not worth the upset and is just a rude, jealous, selfish cow.

So sorry you had to go through it and it's definitely not trivial - dealing with pregnancy and the hormones is hard enough without having people like that to deal with :hugs:

Awww thank you! It's been one of those days for me! lol Glad that you both agree though, she is just a bitch! No need for it!

As for your previous post, i'd love to find out how much they think my baby weighs hehe! They didn't tell me at my gender scan although I was only 20 weeks, so I wasn't really bothered about it at that point, a thought crossed my mind to pay for another scan just to see my baby again, but at £130 it is expensive and I can't really justify it at the moment what with us still having other things to buy first! lol

But yeah it will be interesting to see what our babies weigh at birth :) it'll depend on when we give birth too, cause if one's at 37 weeks, and one's at 41/42 then there will be a significant difference I expect! haha!

Glad that you feel better now though and baby has been moving again, they were just having a lazy few days haha! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->