• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for a buddy close in dates

You have such a perfectly rounded little bump!!!! So jealous! Beautiful :flower:

Awww thank you, although I feel so frumpy around my love handles and bum, I am wearing more casual clothes to try and reduce the appearance of anything digging in and creating rolls! lol xxx

I really am not trying to offend you, only give you a compliment so I hope you take it that way.... but I really don't see where on earth you could even hide love handles or a bum. You look like you don't have an ounce of fat... all sweet baby. You honestly have the perfect baby bump/body! Lucky lucky lady :flower:

This was taken just now. man, I feel huge compared to you!!!! :( Do you see how HIGH she goes up in my belly! Right up to my chest!!!!!!

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Tara, you're definitely not huge, that's a lovely looking bump :) Fay yours is a gorgeous bump too and most definitely looks all baby :) :flower:

Had a good class last night though for all the reading I've been doing it made me realise I still know nothing! Was very interesting and was good to meet other parents to be but it also felt a bit like information overload by the end. So much to cram in to only a few sessions!

Fay, I think you're right about baby not being in a permanent position until 36 weeks so fingers crossed the LO doesn't move again lol! At the class last night the teacher said that lying on your left side is best as it helps the baby get into the best position for labour so going to be doing that as much as possible from now on!

Hope you're having a better day today, it's crazy what the hormones can do to us sometimes but Tara's right, men should know better!! :hugs: I was feeling quite emotional earlier and the only thing I could really put it down to was being fed up of the cold weather!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow :)

xx

Thanks Ali :flower:
TMI but the iron has started to work against me... so maybe that's why I am feeling so big and tight!!!
I'm glad your class went well, Im sure you got all the important info in your brain somewhere, even if it feels like it's over flowing. :)
Have a great night!!!!

This was taken just now. man, I feel huge compared to you!!!! :( Do you see how HIGH she goes up in my belly! Right up to my chest!!!!!!

Defo not huge!!! we must all think we see different images of ourselves to what we really look like then? lol But i'd say our bumps are very similar, with the exception of yours being higher like you say, she's defo tucked right up there, bless her!! :D gorgeous! xxx

Tara, you're definitely not huge, that's a lovely looking bump :) Fay yours is a gorgeous bump too and most definitely looks all baby :) :flower:

Had a good class last night though for all the reading I've been doing it made me realise I still know nothing! Was very interesting and was good to meet other parents to be but it also felt a bit like information overload by the end. So much to cram in to only a few sessions!

Fay, I think you're right about baby not being in a permanent position until 36 weeks so fingers crossed the LO doesn't move again lol! At the class last night the teacher said that lying on your left side is best as it helps the baby get into the best position for labour so going to be doing that as much as possible from now on!

Hope you're having a better day today, it's crazy what the hormones can do to us sometimes but Tara's right, men should know better!! :hugs: I was feeling quite emotional earlier and the only thing I could really put it down to was being fed up of the cold weather!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow :)

xx

Thanks hun :)

Glad your class went well, but I defo agree it was a bit of information overload wasn't it! lol I honestly think your classes are different to mine though as everything we got told was pretty basic and common sense, if you learn any interesting facts or tips, let us know :)

Yes I've heard lying on left side helps baby's positioning and apparently it's best for oxygen supply to cause it's not resting on an artery or something?? lol And they said that lying on your back can cause you to feel light headed or that it's uncomfortable, sometimes i'll find myself lying on my back during my sleep and i've never felt it to be uncomfortable or anything until this morning! lol I woke up to go to the toilet and man I felt nauseous! must of been baby lying on my stomach or something? I have been feeling a tad more indigestion/heartburn lately too, nothing too uncomfortable, just little niggles above my bump in the middle of my chest.

Looking forward to my appointment this afternoon :) i'll let you know how it goes, think I best write a list of the things I want to ask as I reckon i'll forget once I get there! lol Have a good day ladies xxxx

Thanks Ali :flower:
TMI but the iron has started to work against me... so maybe that's why I am feeling so big and tight!!!
I'm glad your class went well, Im sure you got all the important info in your brain somewhere, even if it feels like it's over flowing. :)
Have a great night!!!!

Oh no Tara! Hope your not feeling too uncomfortable with the iron side effects! :( I have had periods of constipation and it is sooooo annoying!! It's just horrible isn't it! Drink lots of fluids and if it doesn't get better then maybe they can provide something to help with that too, or change the iron tablets? xxx

Thank you... it is funny how we see ourselves differently than others see us. What's strange is LO sometimes feels so high I can feel her almost kicking my boobs and then other times she feels like she's trying to push her head out of my lady parts! She must stretch out sometimes? idk!!!
I hope your appt goes well, make sure to update us :)
I'm sorry you are suffering heartburn, that is really NO fun at all. I have been taking an over the counter drug to help with my heartburn and I just take it daily so I rarely have to be bothered with it anymore. It's not cheap so I am looking forward to not taking it anymore!!
I can't remember... when does your maternity leave start?? You have to be getting close. I know I have asked several times, forgive my pregnancy brain :haha: Is it 37 weeks?
Have a great day!

Thank you... it is funny how we see ourselves differently than others see us. What's strange is LO sometimes feels so high I can feel her almost kicking my boobs and then other times she feels like she's trying to push her head out of my lady parts! She must stretch out sometimes? idk!!!
I hope your appt goes well, make sure to update us :)
I'm sorry you are suffering heartburn, that is really NO fun at all. I have been taking an over the counter drug to help with my heartburn and I just take it daily so I rarely have to be bothered with it anymore. It's not cheap so I am looking forward to not taking it anymore!!
I can't remember... when does your maternity leave start?? You have to be getting close. I know I have asked several times, forgive my pregnancy brain :haha: Is it 37 weeks?
Have a great day!

Yeah I know, I see myself as I feel I think, if I feel big, I think I look big, if that's makes sense? lol

Appointment went well though, was in there a little longer as they had a student midwife, so they were going over a few things in more detail, I ws measuring 32cm, and for 31wks and 3 days i'm ok with that! lol
Baby was in breech position this time though, lol so that explains why I have been feeling more pressure on my cervix, it's because he's literally been doing the river dance on my ladybits!! haha He moves around soooo much that I'm not surprised that he was breech today lol, thought I felt a really hard bit on my belly over the last few days, just wasn't sure if it was a head or bum lol!

She did however, find protein in my urine, which she said could just be an increase of discharge, which I then mentioned that I had been getting more of it, and she said as long as it's white and not offensive then it's normal. She is going to send off my urine to check everything's ok and get back to me, so hopefully it's ok and nothing else. She said to let her know if I have any back pain or pain passing urine, which I haven't had so it should be ok.

I asked her about the induction policy and she said I have to wait 14 days after my due date to be induced, and that they wouldn't do it any earlier unless there was a reason to get baby out. So I'm just really hoping that baby isn't that late, as my mum and sister are coming over for 2 weeks on my due date, and because they have had to book it in advance because of work commitments, it'll be a shame if they come over and baby hasn't made an appearance. I'm just gonna try and do everything they suggest to get labour started from about 37-38 weeks and hope for the best!! lol Hopefully he's not too stubborn and because he's such a wriggler, he'll want out once he's bigger and can't move around as much! lol

My maternity leave starts when i'm 36 weeks, and it can't come quickly enough!! lol I have some time off work now, I don't go back until tuesday so i'm looking forward to that break. I just find i'm getting really impatient now, I just want to look after my baby, not other peoples! lol So only another 4 weeks at work, oh I hope they go quickly!! And don't worry about being forgetful, I am totally the same!! I forget what I write in these posts and probably end up repeating myself about 10 times! haha

Oh good news :) mike doesn't have to go away again now for those 2 weeks, so he'll be here from now on :) yay! He managed to get someone else to go on the course instead that would benefit from it more than mike :)

Hope you've had good days, and it's your appointment tomorrow isn't it? Good luck with that! Look forward to hearing all about yours :) xxx

Oh Im glad your appt went well :flower: My sister in law had protein in her urine when she was pregnant, but I don't think anything was ever done b/c of it. What exactly happens with that?? Do you know? Will the protein just go away?

Did she seem concerned about him being breech or is it too early to worry about that?

I am SO happy for you that Mike doesn't have to leave! What a relief!!! That would be getting too close to being full term, and you never know when Labor will start. So I am happy for you!!!

My appt is in 2 hours, so I will let you know how it goes. I don't expect much out of the appt... I can't wait until we get to the cervix checking appts to see if we are starting to dilate!! That will get exciting :happydance:

I will check back later! Oh and 36 weeks!! Not too much longer for you!!!!

I'm a honeydew!!! Only one more fruit to go!!! WOW that seems unreal!

Well, just as I suspected... nothing exciting happened at this appt. Which I guess is ok, it means everything is going like it should. He said they will start cervix checking at my next appt on the 27th. That's when the fun starts.. you get to see if your body is starting the birthing process :) I have a sono scheduled for the 20th to see how big she is. So lots of stuff going on this month. I hope you are all having a good day :hugs:

Wow I have never heard on cervix checking at your appointments?? lol I'll have to look into if that's just in the US? I thought they'd only check your cervix when you go in to the hospital when you think labour has started. I'll defo look into that otherwise I may get a shock at my next appointment! haha!

Yay! Your fruit hss changed, happy 33 weeks! 33!!! wow!! haha still can't believe it!

Glad your appointment went well :) It can feel a bit deflating when nothing happens, but like you say it's a good thing :) With regards to mine, she didn't seem worried about the protein in the urine or baby in breech position, I think they'll start to recommend things to do to turn baby once you hit about 36 weeks I think, so hopefully he'll just turn and start to engage soon so that he can stay put! haha With the protein, not really sure, think it can be quite common as 2 appointments ago they found a trace of it in my urine, then the next app was nil, then this appointment it was 1+, whatever that means lol, she just took a sample to send off to rule out urine infections and stuff like that I think?

Yeah great news about mike! I am also relieved just in case I go really early! Fingers crossed I won't and he'll wait until 37 weeks earliest!

Very exciting month for you then :) ooooo bet you can't wait for the sono! :D do you think she's got bigger? Or are you not really sure at the mo?xxx

The funny thing is, he didn't mention her being big this time?!?! I think it's just routine that this particular doctor does them late into 3rd tri... idk!!! But I'll take it! I hope she isn't big though :)

Well, here they start checking to see if you are dilated or not from about 36 weeks on at every appt. Do they not do that there? Maybe I said it wrong by calling it cervix checking?!?!

I'm glad there's nothing to be worried about with the baby being breech or the protein. What a relief! And I am sure your LO will stay put until atleast 38 weeks :flower: Just give him a talking to! :haha:

Have a great weekend with Mike!!!!!

I just remembered that I had a dream that she was a 20lb baby!!!!!!! Hahahaha!

haha oh good lord!! 20lbs! ouch!! lol

And yeah i'm pretty sure they don't do any internal examinations until labour, not heard of that before though, I shall ask my midwife next time I see her to make sure though lol.

That's good about your doc not mentioning baby being big though, your scan will put you at more ease I'm sure anyway :) Have a great weekend! xxx

Hello!

Hope you've both had a good weekend :)

Fay, glad your appt went well. I'm not really what happens if they find protein either but sounds like nothing to worry about. Hopefully the LO will move again for you by 36 weeks though - apparently being on all fours helps as it gives the baby more room to move about!

That's so great that Mike doesn't have to go away again and that he'll definitely be there closer to the birth day. Yay! Hopefully you can persuade the baby to make an appearance about 38 weeks in time for your mum and sister visiting too!

Tara, glad your appointment went well too :) I've not heard of cervix checking at appointments either so maybe is a US thing? That's exciting that you've got another sono booked in soon, will look forward to hearing how much your LO has grown :)

oh, and happy 33 weeks! :flower:

I've had quite a busy weekend sorting out baby bits and pieces and had planned on painting the nursery but we can't decide on a colour we like! definitely going to have yellow to keep it neutral but bright but we're (well me!) struggling to find a 'nice' yellow. Is harder than I expected it to be!

Picked up a cold from somewhere too so been feeling a bit rubbish the last few days and now been coughing so much it's making my ribs hurt :( Not quite sure what baby must be making of all the coughing though, I keep thinking s/he must get really shaken up each time!

I've got the Health Visitor coming to see me tomorrow. Have either of you had that yet? Not quite sure what to expect from her at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->