Looking for a buddy who logs in a lot :)

Aayla, I love that picture. So pretty! I wish I had the skills to do something like that. My stitches are always lumpy and uneven.

Well, I tested again this morning and .... (drum roll) :bfp: !!

Aw that's fantastic news! Happy and healthy 9 months. This is it! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats Uni!! So exciting.

As for stitches: it just takes practice. If you go on pinterest you can find some really easy beginner patterns. My main tip is to make sure your thread isn't too long. The longer it is the easier it is to tangle and twist and it makes the stitching difficult. While this is a big project the best thing about this company is that most of the designs they have (if not all) don't use fancy stitches. Just basic cross stitch. It just happens to use a lot of them. So it makes it more daunting.

Aayla, now that you mention it, I think maybe my problem in the past was that my thread was too long. I hadn't considered that would make a difference, but maybe I will try again and keep that in mind :)

Ladies, thank you all for your congrats and well wishes. I firmly believe that all the help you ladies have given me, and the advice, and most importantly helping me stay calm enough to actually BD really contributed to getting this far. I know it's a little early to get too excited, but I'm really starting to feel hopeful. Hopeful not just for myself, but for all of us.
<3 :dust: <3

I havent logged in, in a few days my mother in law was here for my sons birthday and i have also been busy with lots of school but im so happy for Uni

thanks Jasmine!

I can't believe I'm still awake. I wish I could sleep ... so tired! But my mind keeps spinning. :headspin:

Been on vaca. So, I haven't been on. Logged in for this wonderful news. Congrats Uni!

AFM - I'm darn near negative on my pregnancy tests. I'd guess an hcg of 10-25 at most. Plus, I've had a temp spike. So, I either Od or I'm at least pumping some progesterone that will bring this locust MC cycle to an end. I'm eager for that to say the least!

OMG UNI! !!! WOOOHOOO!!!! So happy for you! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: man, My heart is so over joyed for you right now! I been praying for your BFP non-stop! CONGRATS Girl!

AFM: AF got me late Saturday... *shrugs* No worries though, on to the next cycle! :thumbup:

Negative hpt tonight! So excited. The clock has been reset.

Negative hpt tonight! So excited. The clock has been reset.

Yay! So happy for you, I remember all the waiting for the HCG to go away. Yay for a new beginning :)

TTC, I'm glad to hear there's been forward progress. That time afterward of waiting for things to reset is some of the hardest.

Ladies, thanks again for all the well wishes!

I went to the gym today and everything was MUCH harder than it seemed Friday. But, really, I think that might have just been all in my head and not a real phenomenon, cause I don't think that much can be different in three days. Aside from here, we're not telling anyone yet except for my doctor, my doula, and my personal trainer. Geez just using the phrase "my personal trainer" makes me sound like some sort of rich snob lol but it's all inclusive for only $30 a month, first two months. I am scared to find out how much it really costs once they have me hooked lol But, I think I will try to keep at it, minus the "personal trainer" part. I like that they also have a pool.

But wait, I got side tracked... I meant to be saying thank you! I hope you don't mind if I stick around to keep cheering everyone on? This is the first thread on here that I've actually become emotionally invested in. <3 <3 <3

I would love it if you stuck around. I want all the details of how everything is going.

Yes Uni I don't want you to go! :)

Personal trainer for $30 a month is a steal! I am cancelling my gym membership and joining a cheaper fitness center. The place I am now is okay but I hardly ever go to the classes like I thought I would, I just use the equipment and run. So there's another place that just has the equipment and it's 1/3 of the price. I'll start going there soon, I think. I have been so unmotivated! Ugh :dohh: I've been doing good with the no gluten though. We went to a party where there was a lot of pizza and I resisted having any...though I may have just picked off some of the meat and cheese and eaten that :haha:

I'm on CD 8 and not much to do yet in TTC. I think Wednesday is the start of my "fertile period" (just an estimate, as I'm not temping or anything.) So there will be lots of BD starting then. Otherwise just trying to keep busy, as usual. DH just told me there might be a temp job opening up at his office, which might be really nice for me! I'm not looking for anything long term, as I am still planning to be home full time for children when they come, but in the meantime some extra cash might be nice :) We'll see if it works out.

Hope everyone had a good Monday! And hoping to see lots more :bfp: next month! :hugs:

Tc- do you not eat gluten due to it making you sick or a personal choice? Just curious. :)

Uni- I love that you're still going to the gym after your bfp. While Ttc I felt like k couldn't go to the gym just in case but I decided if I have a sticky bean it'll stick if I work out especially if it's before my bfp.

I hear you on the classes tcinks. Only one I've done so far is yoga, and that might end up being a very expensive yoga class once I'm paying full price. We also have a less expensive equipment only gym around here, but I'm told it doesn't have very good lighting. So, the question becomes, how much am I willing to pay to see what I'm doing? :shrug: I'm not sure yet lol

Just for the record, I have zero willpower when it comes to pizza, as I believe do most people. Yet more evidence that you're amazing :thumbup:

Mrs green, I think you're on to something. I really do believe that working out regularly helped me get both my bfps. Especially the first time, after two years of nothing and then I start working out and just as I was starting to see results from the exercise BAM - just like that I got a sticky bean. Of course, I can't be sure but I feel like somehow it jump started my metabolism and balanced out my hormones. Even H tonight was saying how it's weird we went for two years before, and now two back to back.

Last time, I stopped a lot of what I'd been doing once I got the bfp, some it because I wasn't allowed anymore and some of it because I was misguided about what was safe and what wasn't. I stayed sort of active, going on walks every day but not too much else than that. This time, I want to keep it up. Especially cause I'm soooooo close to actually losing my floppy chickenwing arms!

I used to be afraid that working out could harm a pregnancy, but that really isn't true (unless you have other issues, like with my cervix). But even with that I think mild exercise during 1st trimester would be good for me. Beyond that I'm sure my doctor would advise against it. But for most women, working out all the way through is mostly encouraged!

I have always had digestive problems and we are trying to figure out what exactly it's from. So first thing to go is gluten. It's been about 2 weeks, I'll probably try reintroducing it in a week or so and see if the issues start up again. Next I'll try dairy (I think I actually have a few food allergies). That one will be harder, I think. I loooove cheese and butter and ice cream..basically anything made from milk :rofl: But we'll see how it goes. It's cheaper this way, rather than getting allergy tested.

Oh, that reminds me - I have some advice to pass on that everyone will need soon! Last time, my spin instructor who coincidentally was certified in prenatal fitness told me that once you have the sticky bean, pretty much you can keep doing anything you were already doing but to only give it 80% of max effort. The primary concern is just to make sure to avoid raising core body temp too high. But, she also told me I should stop doing spin class before the second semester because the weight of the belly when leaning forward on the bike can cause back strain, and also of course balance changes.

One thing I really regret last time is that even though I kept doing cardio, I didn't keep up the strength training. Better muscle tone would have improved my blood sugar, and maybe I wouldn't have even ended up with GD. And even though they said that didn't have anything to do with it, obviously it didn't help any. So, that's my motivation now.

tcinks, ah yeah, that's true. It's not helpful for everyone. I hadn't considered bed rest. But, I wonder if you could still do upper body stuff?

What I learned last time is that it got really hard by the end. Everything was absolutely exhausting. So, I think especially working out in the first semester is beneficial later on. And working out when ttc. If nothing else, I looked better and my husband wanted to BD more often :happydance: And that always helps lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->