Looking for a buddy who logs in a lot :)

I expect to O on cd 19. That has been where it is for all the cycles after my mc. Once I thought cd 18 but I didn't temp that month and so it was likely cd 19.

No tickers for me but I can see the allure to having one for sure. Lol

Richiees!!! Where are you?!! Update us!!

Below is the fishing net I've tried casting in some of the other forums lately, but I saw this forum as well, and I "could" fit in here as well, as my last cycle ended in a CP and I had a miscaraige at 7 weeks a fews years back, about a year previous to conceiving my now 15month old daughter, Emma. I'm lonely, and feel like most of the threads I post in the regular forum go unnoticed or at least definitely unanswered and I just want someone to talk to that is in a "similar" situation as I and preferably using a CBFM to assist conception, but could be any kind of monitor, as their are other OPK monitors on the market as well. If you ladies think that I "fit" in here, then please let me know, and I will "formally" introduce myself ;)

I started in the TTC forums, bc this time around I haven't "classified" myself as LTTTC yet, although, I'm not sure if I fit anyway (is it just if you have ever had long term TTCing issue's or just per TTC time? I was a LTTTCer for my first, but we've only been TTC for 4 cycle's since my cycle's returned PP, so I don't really know where I fit in here) I don't really feel like I "fit" into the regular TTC group bc most of those ladies are either trying for a first or have never had fertility issue's. And most of them are new at all this, and I'm not, so the question's I normally do have normally go unanswered over there, bc they are way over their "expertise' level, if that makes sense at all. But then I saw the Second time fertility issue group too, and wondered if that's where I should be.... I don't know and someone else's insight on where I really fit in would great, bc I'm feeling very lonely and unsupported bc majority of my posts go unresponded to for months. :cry:

^That's my first Issue, is figuring out where I really should be here so that I "fit" in and am actually part of a TTCing community instead of feeling like an outsider/outcast :cry:

Second thing- I have a CBFM (old version) and a CB Advanced (just came in) and was hoping that I could find a CBFM "expert/ tech nerd" (and I mean that in the most respectful way and full of admiration ;) ) to PM me about some issue's I'm having with the monitor as well as some other questions I have. If anyone is good at programing, hacking, etc that would GREAT! (seriously) :blush::flower:

Third issue (and one that is dear to my heart) is finding a CBFM (or any OPK monitor you are using "buddy"/ Buddies. I've posted several times looking for other ladies that are using one to no avail, and I know I can't possibly be the only one using the (or any kind of) ClearBlue Fertility Monitor. I feel like anyone using a monitor is kind of in a place all their own bc it's a lot different then just using LH strips and very different issue's, questions, etc come up that the LH strip ladies can't answer bc they don't know the answers. I would love to start (and if a mod is reading this that would be AWESOME ) a stand alone forum just for the ladies TTC while using an OPK monitor for "fertility assistance" and at the very least just a running thread some where for us. So IS THERE ANYONE ELSE USING ONE OF THESE THINGS THAT WOULD LIKE TO BE MY CYCLE/TTC BUDDY? EVERYONE IS WELCOME AND THE MORE THE MERRIER
:flower:

Hi Amber! I'm not sure any of us use monitors but I did use the advanced clear blue opks which I've heard are similar. either way you're more than welcome to join us! We're all in different situations but all very supportive of each other.
I wouldn't worry as much as where you "fit" as I jump all over the place and always have. Sometimes many forums fit our situation.

Hey Amber!! Welcome to the thread! I, unfortunately, don't use a fertility monitor but like Mrs Green have used the CB digi opk.

I do understand about not fitting in. It can be hard. So many I know are TTC #2 and beyond, some have secondary infertility and some are just ttc and don't have any fertility issues at all and so I too find it difficult to relate to some people. and I also don't understand the perimeters for LTTTC. Technically we have been going to doctors about this for 6 years but I only did 2 rounds of clomid 2 years ago and it's only been a year that we have been full time ttc because of other issues. but I was diagnosed with PCOS 20 years ago so I've always known I had issues.

i hope you find you fit with us. It's a great group of ladies here. We do float around so I am sure you have seen us on other threads. I know I have seen your name as well.

Also check out the FAB group in the TWW section. Don't be daunted by how many posts there are. Just jump on in and introduce yourself. It moves quickly as there are a lot of us. I usually find that I have 4 pages to read when I wake up in the morning. Lol but I treat it like my morning paper. Lots of BFPs, lots of babies and lots of TTC with varying degrees of issues.

Hi Amber! I'm not sure any of us use monitors but I did use the advanced clear blue opks which I've heard are similar. either way you're more than welcome to join us! We're all in different situations but all very supportive of each other.
I wouldn't worry as much as where you "fit" as I jump all over the place and always have. Sometimes many forums fit our situation.

Oh, thank you so much, for responding to me so quickly! Just what I needed. I laughed when I started reading the first post on this, asking if she was "needy" for needing someone else who logged in a lot. That's exactly what I've been looking for. I hate posting and either not getting a response at all or having to wait days to just get a response saying "didn't want to read and run", etc. I feel like the "needy" one. I'm so confused with my cycle's right now. I just had a CP. My last cycle last 49 days ended in a CP. NOW, my CBFM got here in time to use this cycle, and I was really excited about that, until it gave me a high on cycle day 9! Which is totally unlike my cycle, but I don't know if having CP changed things so I'm totally confused. I just started temping as well, and on cycle day my temp was 98.1, CD10 97.1, and CD11 (today) 96.8. So my temp is dropping and my CP/CM were dead on for Oing, but I didn't get the d**n stick in the monitor in time yesterday, so now I'm freaking out about it just defaulting me to High fertility bc I never put a stick in it. But today when I checked my CP/CM instead of it being O ready, it was med/high, just about closed, and med/firm. It has been High, soft, and really open. I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of fertility information that I can't learn to swim in and barely even treading. :wacko: If that makes any sense to anyone.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my FF charts on here so ladies can take a look and let me know what they think? I need help, please :cry: :flower:

To add your chart to your signature (so it will permanently be there and as you update it will update) :

On your computer FF go to Sharing, click on GET CODE, copy the bbcode Code

On this site: got to USER CP, EDIT SIGNATURE, paste the code in the box, then save signature.

Hey Amber!! Welcome to the thread! I, unfortunately, don't use a fertility monitor but like Mrs Green have used the CB digi opk.

I do understand about not fitting in. It can be hard. So many I know are TTC #2 and beyond, some have secondary infertility and some are just ttc and don't have any fertility issues at all and so I too find it difficult to relate to some people. and I also don't understand the perimeters for LTTTC. Technically we have been going to doctors about this for 6 years but I only did 2 rounds of clomid 2 years ago and it's only been a year that we have been full time ttc because of other issues. but I was diagnosed with PCOS 20 years ago so I've always known I had issues.

i hope you find you fit with us. It's a great group of ladies here. We do float around so I am sure you have seen us on other threads. I know I have seen your name as well.

Also check out the FAB group in the TWW section. Don't be daunted by how many posts there are. Just jump on in and introduce yourself. It moves quickly as there are a lot of us. I usually find that I have 4 pages to read when I wake up in the morning. Lol but I treat it like my morning paper. Lots of BFPs, lots of babies and lots of TTC with varying degrees of issues.

Just as I had thanked the PP for responding so quickly, thank you :) If you read my response to her, much of that would apply to what I would of said to you as well, though. I will look at the FAB group, and go ahead and post in it. I have a doula that I met outside this community online, that is trying her best to help me navigate through all this, and she thinks that I have already O'd and am officially in the TWW, but I'm not really sure what to think. I know that the old monitors are set to default you a high fertility reading until you peak or reach 20 days of sticks which ever comes first. At the 20 day mark if you haven't peaked it's set to default back to low fertility until your new cycle, so there are some "problems" with how they have set up the computer in the monitor. My surges tend to be short, so I'm scared that I actually surged on CD9 or 10 and since I wasn't following up with Wondfo's on CD9, it's entirely possible I surged that afternoon and the monitor missed it, and now will just ask me for 17 more sticks by default. Bc, my Wondfo's were near positive when I started using them (once it occurred to me) and have been getting lighter ever since. I dont know what to do now. I'm going to keep feeding the CBFM and using my wondfo's but I'm not sure if I'm already a TWWer or not. At least, if I did O, we got some good timing in on our BDing, so that takes a load off. (or a few :haha: ) lol. No pun intended, but it's still funny! :rofl:

To introduce myself my name is Amber, I don't mind ladies calling me by real name and would actually prefer it to using my handle. I am 29. I have birth to my one and only LO Feb. 5th 2015 and she is a beautiful, messy, insane, toddler, that I love to death. lol. My cycle's returned at about a yr PP despite still BFing her, but she had started eating actual food more, so I guess that's what signaled my body to start up again. We have been actively TTCing for 4 cycle's now, and we are in the middle of the 4th cycle. I am engaged to my LO's Daddy, but we have not officially tied the knot yet, but that's a whole other issue that would take too long to get into, not to mention a completely separate issue then what this thread is for ;) I officially have baby fever, and after giving birth to Emma (it was a horrible experience, other then the very end of it) I never thought I would be intentionally trying to go through that again, lol. I can't think of anything else right now, so I guess that's about it. Thanks ladies for the speedy and warm welcome, it is truly appreciated :flower:

AMBER!!!! I use the CBEFM!!!! and welcome!

ETA: Mine is the older version, i have had it since 2009. I can help you!

Based off what you wrote- dont feed it a stick when it asks, you wont mess it up. A CP COULD give a high reading if your levels may still be high. OR you could be ovulating early and not know it. You can O on High- i got my last BFP on High (no peak).

Chat here or PM. :)

Thanks Ayala!

I wouldn't stress too much about missing a day of the monitor. And with cb advanced opks i would and know other ladies who would get highs for lots of days! Like 5 minutes as my average I think. So it could be right. As peak is more important. As for cp mine changes by the hour and makes no sense so I stopped checking!! Lol can is slightly helpful but not much for me. I just stuck with the opks.

I knew I knew someone that used the monitor!! Awesome that someone here can help you!

I knew I knew someone that used the monitor!! Awesome that someone here can help you!

Yep! I would choose the CBEFM over OPK sticks any day, even the horrid Advanced digi one!

-----
Amber,
My reason for using the monitor is every.single.time i have ever used OPK sticks, they never get positive. I dont mean they are + and i dont know how to read them, they just never get +! I ordered it off Ebay and fell in love with it.

I am actually on CD48 but i am trying to force ovulation/AF and started Femara, so I am pretending its CD2 and using my monitor starting on CD10. I reset it to CD2 and will feed it sticks starting CD10 (even though I wont O until cd16-21). Once i get O from temps AND/OR Peak, i will stop feeding it sticks.

When i tried the horrid Advanced Digi, which a LOT of people dislike, it was a PITA and didnt work right in my opinion. It has a lot of kinks to work out. I did not try it after 1 cycle.

Ive never heard it defaults to high or low.

and a doula is not medically trained to say whether you have Od or not, they cant even give medical advice really for a birth, they are a support system, not a medical system.

Welcome amber!

Still no AF. Will test end of the week.

But if this isn't my cycle, I'm not sure if I'm going to be taking a break for a bit. Dh n I r having problems with each other. Have been since my son passed but we didn't want to give up on each other. As of yesterday, things aren't looking good with us. My eyes r swollen from crying so much. I feel like I'm losing the only man I'll ever want in the whole world (besides my son).

I'm praying tho. Lord plz help me.

Yep! I would choose the CBEFM over OPK sticks any day, even the horrid Advanced digi one!

-----
Amber,
My reason for using the monitor is every.single.time i have ever used OPK sticks, they never get positive. I dont mean they are + and i dont know how to read them, they just never get +! I ordered it off Ebay and fell in love with it.

I am actually on CD48 but i am trying to force ovulation/AF and started Femara, so I am pretending its CD2 and using my monitor starting on CD10. I reset it to CD2 and will feed it sticks starting CD10 (even though I wont O until cd16-21). Once i get O from temps AND/OR Peak, i will stop feeding it sticks.

When i tried the horrid Advanced Digi, which a LOT of people dislike, it was a PITA and didnt work right in my opinion. It has a lot of kinks to work out. I did not try it after 1 cycle.

Ive never heard it defaults to high or low.

and a doula is not medically trained to say whether you have Od or not, they cant even give medical advice really for a birth, they are a support system, not a medical system.

I am using the "old" one too, well for this cycle at least. I think that CB should of thought out their Advanced a little more, though. I don't like the fact that you can't start using whenever you want to and I don't like the fact that there is no way to transfer date from the old model to the new model. I can't remember where I found the info about the defaults that are set into the monitor, but I do remember reading a watching a few things about it, which in my opinion make the monitor have faults. I don't think it should default to anything. I'm fixing to PM, but it will probably be long, and I don't think there is a way to send pics through PM, bc I would like you look at my stick's from this cycle and wondfo's to see what you think. I 'think" that I got the FF into my signature but I'm not sure if it worked or not..... This cycle is really throwing me for loop though. I also have the new digital one, it came in the mail today, which after looking it over, I love, but also hate that I can't use unless I don't conceive this cycle, bc it has a have to start by CD thing too, but on this one they shortened it!!! You have to start it up by CD 4 which I think is a crock of bs, but whatever...

Welcome amber!

Still no AF. Will test end of the week.

But if this isn't my cycle, I'm not sure if I'm going to be taking a break for a bit. Dh n I r having problems with each other. Have been since my son passed but we didn't want to give up on each other. As of yesterday, things aren't looking good with us. My eyes r swollen from crying so much. I feel like I'm losing the only man I'll ever want in the whole world (besides my son).

I'm praying tho. Lord plz help me.

I sent you a pm.

So, I do have a ?- I've been taking a good women's multi, EPO, and an Omega-3 Berry Complex. Since, I don't know if I O'd between CD9-11 should I stop with the EPO? I'm so confused at this point. My surges don't last long at all. So it is entirely possible that the monitor and I missed it. The monitor, bc my surges are normally in the afternoon, and me bc I wasn't expecting to O this early in my cycle, as it's normally between the 14-19th so I didn't think to start using the Wondfo's in the afternoon when I got a high fertility reading on the CBFM. But everyone say's not to take the EPO after O, only before, so I'm worried, even though I don't know if I did O or not.

Amber, you haven't o'd yet. Your temps are trending down, not up. As for all the supplements I don't personally belive it that stuff because I'm worried it can do more harm than good. So I've only taken a prenatal. And then real medication perscribed by my doc.

Welcome Amber! :) I can't offer any advice on the monitor, but I'm glad you've fallen in with us. This group was my anchor when ttc. As far as supplements go, the only one I used was CoQ10, but I found it really helped increase the quality of my ewcm.

RichieesMom, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through that. I hope it all works out. Losing a child can really strain a relationship. Sometimes it helps to get help outside the relationship, counselling or therapy for example. I can sense from your post how much you want the relationship to continue, hopefully things can be worked out and end up stronger than ever. Sending you positive vibes :hugs:

So, I do have a ?- I've been taking a good women's multi, EPO, and an Omega-3 Berry Complex. Since, I don't know if I O'd between CD9-11 should I stop with the EPO? I'm so confused at this point. My surges don't last long at all. So it is entirely possible that the monitor and I missed it. The monitor, bc my surges are normally in the afternoon, and me bc I wasn't expecting to O this early in my cycle, as it's normally between the 14-19th so I didn't think to start using the Wondfo's in the afternoon when I got a high fertility reading on the CBFM. But everyone say's not to take the EPO after O, only before, so I'm worried, even though I don't know if I did O or not.

Ive never taken EPO so I cant say.

Amber, you haven't o'd yet. Your temps are trending down, not up. As for all the supplements I don't personally belive it that stuff because I'm worried it can do more harm than good. So I've only taken a prenatal. And then real medication perscribed by my doc.

She could have Od before that spike with with missing temps, its anyones guess.

OH MY GOD!! That is awesome. I have another lady in a thread with twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->