Looking for advice/opinions please!

Mummi2three

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm a mom to three girls 7, 4 and 20 months. For the past few months my husband and I have been debating about having #4. I would really love to have another but I'm 36 and would be 37 before having the baby, am i too old to be having another? I guess I think more bout the future in that I would have a 20 yr old at 57....

It would also be a 4th C-section...anybody out there had 4 and can offer their advice on if they healed differently than previously etc?

Financially we both have great jobs but still something to consider....

waking up for night feedings etc will be harder I'm sure now that I'm a little older but that time is so fleeting and in the grand scheme of life not a long time compared to having another person to love in our family.

I think I'm really looking for opinions and advice from anybody who is willing to share their thoughts, experiences an opinions on the subject. It's a huge decision to consider and would love to hear others thoughts :) Thank you!!

i think its a decision only you and your husband to make.....i honestly dont think there is anything wrong with having a baby at your age, plenty of woman dont have thier first unit they are in their 30s, its hardly considered old lol...id say go for it!

in regards to 4th section, OHs aunty had her fouth section and had awful problems with her scar :S but thenits going to be different with everyone, perhaps talk to you gp first? xx

Well I do think that the decision to have more babies is always a personal thing, but at 36 I don't think you're too old at all.

I have had 4 c-sections. On my last one they had a look while they were doing it and saw that there was no worrying thinning of my uterus, so I would be okay to have another baby. My consultant just told me that I would be more at risk of having to go on bed rest towards the end. During my last c-section operation I did notice how much longer it took. I had quite a lot of adhesions sticking my uterus scarring to my bladder. My scar on the surface is actually much better this time as I had keloid (raised ugly red ) scarring with my last ones. This time it has faded to a light grey line. I do get painful pulling when I cough of sneeze sometimes, which I figure is the scar pulling on the inside. Maybe more adhesions. My consultants really didn't seem worried about me getting pregnant again when we asked and she is not the kind of lady who minces her words. Lol! Perhaps you could ask them to look at your notes for any observations about thinning they might have made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->