• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for bump buddy - due 30th May 2011

Lou, sorry to hear about your scare! I'm glad everything checked out okay in the end. There are so many little things to worry about. I noticed for a while that I have this spot on my neck that looks like a bruise. But I didn't really think about it till DH mentioned something the other day. Now I'm worried it means something is wrong with me or the baby. I will ask the OB at my appointment next week.

Still getting some strong kicks form LO, but they aren't hurting quite so much. Although tonight he seems to be kicking down by my hip bone (ouch). I am starting to get so excited about everything now! Moving the rooms int he next couple week then my baby shower next month and our parenting/childbirth prep classes. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I've finally been brave enough to read up on the birth/labor sections. I'm just really hoping my placenta has moved so I don't have to have a c-section. But I won't find out till my Ultrasound at 30 weeks.

Jess, I'm glad the maternity belt thingy is helping your back. I am going to have to ask my OB about those. Which one did you get? Is it comfy or tight? I can't stand having anything on my belly these days. I don't even like my below the bump pants anymore.

I am starting to feel the drain of 3rd trimester now. Not quite as bad as 1st tri, but I feel like my energy is draining a bit. Thankfully I can take a nap some days. But the little one I watch has taken to not napping some days. My job is getting on my nerves. They keep changing my schedule all around because the night time sitter is taking classes. I am back to working 12 hour days on Monday but then shorter days the rest of the week. But I'm getting less hours, which is good in a way, but also bad because my pay is less. This past monday (valentines day) they wanted me to potentially work a 17 hour day. They didn't even ask me if I could they just basically told me. I think they sensed I was a little bit annoyed. They just aren't very considerate. They'll schedule me till 9:00 one night and come home 2 hours late without calling to let me know they are running late. Then I'll have to be back in the morning at 7am. So, I will stick it out as long as I can and then be done with them. I don't need that. I am hoping to work up till the beginning of May, but I'll see how it goes. Are you guys looking forward to a break from work?

https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/abbieva/699da307.jpg
My doggy trying out our new stroller :)

Hey guys! Hope you're doing well! Congrats on making it to 3rd tri! I know we have a little ways to go, but I can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment for making it 2/3 of the way there!! I hope you are both feeling well!

I go in tomorrow for my routine exam and glucose screening for gestational diabetes and then in 3 weeks I have my ultrasound to check my placenta! I can't believe how fast time if passing by now! I'm feeling pretty good after a long weekend of relaxation with DH. Counting down the days now for sure!!

I never thought we'd get to double figures as I feel I've been pregnant forever... Roll on may and meeting our lo's ... Although not too keen on going into labour haha xx

Love the pic of your dog! How cute!

can't believe we are 3rd tri and double figures!

Can't wait to meet LO, people keep telling me it's not long now - and then think oh yeah it is!

hope all goes well tomorrow with your test m2b! xx

Dr says my belly is measuring big. Might mean big baby!! Ironic after having such a small bump for so long. I don't feel thar big and she said my weight gain is good. I guess he just had a growth spurt ;)

Good news that the weight gain is good. Do you feel much bigger? Think anouther bump picture is in order! How did your exam and screening tests go?

Jess how are you doing?

When are you all doing your hospital bags? I've got most things i need i think, but it's just in bags and boxes in the spare room. some days it seems ages away, other days it seems really close!

Hey lou, I'm ok7n sore itchy and tired but plodding along! Stil got no internet so having to use it on my phone.
Little mans gettin big now,wooo

Got to go docs for blood tests tmz to see if I have cholestasis as tummys really itchy and sore now!

I've put on about 22pounds in weight now.... Eeeeek!

How u doing? Xxx

Hey! I feel so un prepared! Lord help me if I go into preterm labor! But I figure if it happens we'll figure out what we need. The baby won't need much in the first few days anyway. Plus the hospital is right next door to a baby store that has everything. So worst case scenario I send DH over with a check list. I am going to print/make a checklist so I can check off things as I get them. It will help me feel better to be a little organized, even if we still need a lot of things. I want to make sure I buy what I need to pack in the hospital bag this week. As for other things, the invites for my shower went out yesterday so I am hoping that people will start shopping so I can see if there's anything I need to order myself. Time is going by so quickly now!

I haven't heard anything about my gestational diabetes test so I guess no news is good news. My ultrasound is in 2 weeks now!! I really can't wait to see LO again. I'm so curious about what position he'll be in. I don't think he's head down yet as I feel him moving all around. Yesterday he was going nuts pretty much all day. And it seems liek today will be the same. I got some video of it last night!

https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/abbieva/th_P1000506.jpg

How are you guys doing? Feeling okay? I'm feeling so big now!! Peeing more than usual too now. Keep trying to practice my kegals! Last night I was up just about every hour :(

Hey Jess! We were writing at the same time!! Sorry about the itchy tummy! That seems to be the only preggo symptom I've avoided thus far. Oh and hemroids seems to be at bay too (knock on wood). Don't worry about your weight gain. I'm right there with you. I think I've gained about 18 now. But I was not as slim as you to begin with. Good luck with the blood test tomorrow!

Hi ladies,

jess hope the blood test goes well tomorrow. Don't worry about the weight gain, Its the time we and they start really growing

mama2b the list sounds like a good idea, I did one and really helped! There's not too much they really need when first born, just some nappies and baby grows to start with xx your bumps looking great! You must be excited about your scan!

My bump measured small today, so had scan, baby is 2lb 5. Pretty much spot on for dates, so just have small bump! Having on off cramps, so waiting for urine test results to see if that's the cause, otherwise might be irritable uterus.

Is it starting to feel close now? March already!!

Hey Lou! That's odd about your bump measuring small. I think we need a bump pic to confirm ;). Baby seems to be a good size though! He' must be cramped in there. Hopefully you grow some more to accomodate so the cramps go away. My bump has been sore a lot too. Esp and night time. But since the doc said I'm measuring a bit big, maybe I just have a boy boy in there.

Oh, the pic a posted is actually a video FYI, so if you double click on it you can see him moving all around in there. He's quite the acrobat!

It must be as I'm on my iPod, will check in laptop tomorrow as should play fine on there. I'll get dh to take pic before work and upload. Mw wants to to rest up till urine results and write down times if pain and length, see if it gets worse or better.

Wonder how big he will be? Mind you my bump measures small and baby normal size and waters fine, so you never know!

I haven't seen either of your bumps in a while! I bet they've grown s lit. Mine seems to be growing all the time now! I've really felt my uterus moving up this past week. And lo like to kick me right at the top. If I'm not wearing a bra and bend forward he kicks my breasts! Lol!
https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/abbieva/652f4360.jpg

https://img69.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img69/4786/img2011022400016.jpg

This was at 27 weeks, sorry can't rotate it as I'm on my mobile and I haven't worked out how to do it just yet as its a brand new phone!

Off to have my bloods done in 40 mins oh the joys! Xxx

Your bumps are looking great ladies! Feels weird that we have 11 weeks more or less left to go!

Are either of you going to have a baby shower? I might have some friends round around the Easter weekend if the weather is nice for some sort of baby party!

Bump pic is below, baby is lying breech, i can feel the head by my belly button, and i'm sure it just sits there swinging it's legs back and forward as i get tap, tap, tap, tap!

Attachments

• 28 + 4 b.jpg
    28 + 4 b.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2
Bumps are looking great! I feel massive now! And I can tell LO is getting bigger too. He's still pretty active but I feel like he's starting to run out of room in there. When he tries to move around I can really see it and feel it. I can feel his hard little body when I press on my bump...it's kind of creepy but cool. Can you guys feels the baby by touching your bump? It's hard!

I was having a lot of bump pain over the weekend. I'm not sure if it was just growing pains. Friday night I momentarily forgot about the bump and tried to reach forward for something and it REALLY hurt. The top of my bump was really sore for a day and it was really uncomfortable.

Otherwise I am feeling okay. My back/legs hurts and I started to walk with a bit of a waddle. I've put on close to 20 lbs I think. I can't believe we have only 11 weeks to go! We have our child birth classes coming up and also my shower later this month. Then next weeks ultrasound! So this will be a busy month. I hope I can keep up with everything and my full time work. I may have to cut down hours next month. But I still want to try to work into May.

How are you ladies?

Hi mama2b! Yep I can feel baby too, midwife confirmed that what I thought was a head by my belly button, is def the head! So still sitting breech. It is pretty amazing being able to feel them now, really amazes me everyday feeling baby and feeling the moves! Love it!

Are you finding it harder to sit or get up too? My stomach muscles are gone!

I'm feeling your bump pain, I'm now having painful bh contractions, mw thinks that's what my pains have been since last week - and doubts I'll go over due as getting them so early and so painful. had them from 1 today and still going. Their finely tappering off.

I had first antenatal yesterday, enjoyed it. Was just basic labour, next week is complications. Hope yours go well. When's the date for your scan?

Hope your doing well jess xx

Hi mama2b! Yep I can feel baby too, midwife confirmed that what I thought was a head by my belly button, is def the head! So still sitting breech. It is pretty amazing being able to feel them now, really amazes me everyday feeling baby and feeling the moves! Love it!

Are you finding it harder to sit or get up too? My stomach muscles are gone!

I'm feeling your bump pain, I'm now having painful bh contractions, mw thinks that's what my pains have been since last week - and doubts I'll go over due as getting them so early and so painful. had them from 1 today and still going. Their finely tappering off.

I had first antenatal yesterday, enjoyed it. Was just basic labour, next week is complications. Hope yours go well. When's the date for your scan?

Hope your doing well jess xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->