Looking for bump buddy - due 30th May 2011

Great bump charl! It's looking lovely!! When did you start to show proper?

I'll try get mine up tomorrow too, phone being pain and camera has died

28th not too long, with thanksgiving and Xmas hopefoly it fly by for you!

Scan all confimed for 7th, and 20 week on on 7th jan!

Not sure when to go "public" on things like fb. Think may wait till 20 weeks. 2 of my friends have put up they are expecting last 2 days, and both due in June.

When's everyone going public? Or you just leaving it? X

We have the same due date now Cutelou! Although it seems rare that people actually deliver on their due date these days. My Dr. said the date is give or take 2 weeks anyway.

As for going public on fb, my DH said "absolutely not!" He thinks it's better to tell people in person (or at lease on the phone) and those that we aren't close with can find out word of mouth. I sort of see what he's saying. I'm sure eventually people will find out and post on our pages. But as of right now pretty much everyone I told has been instructed to keep it quiet. I don't really think there's anything wrong with announcing on facebook, but I respect and understand what DH says about it. If I were to do it I probably would have already done it after the 14 week scan. I will tell you a really sad story though, one of DH's male friends impregnated his girlfriend and posted her ultrasound pic on FB announcing he would be a daddy. She was very early in her first trimester and she ended up choosing to have an abortion!! Can you imagine. He took the pic down eventually, but only after everyone congratulated him. I would have been so mad if I was his girlfriend!

That's a terribly sad story, hisgirlfriend must have found that so hard to do especially after it was annoched.

I think I would have done it at 12 week scan if we hadn't lost the twins, even though we are past that date now. Just don't want to get the congrats from people you don't really speak too much then have to somehow explain via fb if something happened. My mum is under strict instructions to still keep quiet, as she wanted to tell all. Think somehow it's going round work too which is annoying as I have only td close people and management.

Think I'll tell extended family via Xmas cards with a pic inside, which I think would be nice

Hey Lou!

I can understand your hesitation in announcing to the world. Are you going to try to wait for 20 weeks to tell work? I think an xmas card with a pic is a lovely way to tell family.

I think I may have felt my first movements/quickening, but I know it's kind of soon so maybe it's just gas. It felt like bubbles, but it was pretty high up so maybe it wasn't LO. At my appointment yesterday my OB pointed out how high my uterus is now. It feels so hard now and just since my scan yesterday I started to feel like I'm showing more. Even my boss said she thinks I am today! I had a lot of tightness in my belly in first tri and it went away for a few weeks but came back today. It feels like I did too many sit ups. When I stretch up it feels really sore/tight. So I think my uterus must be going through a growth spurt or something lol. I might take a pic tomorrow. I haven't taken a belly pic yet because I feel like it hasn't changed much. But it's probably just too gradual to notice. I should start now I think :)

hey ladies...

1sttimemama... Its not too early i have felt little bean move....only twice but it was defiatley baby...even rang midwife to ask if she thought it was and she said it definatly sounded like it!

Lou.... My scans are 7th dec and 11th Jan,...
As for announcing we told everyone at 9.5 when we had the private scan... As far as i'm concerned my issue was baby making it down the tube and baby has done that!
I dont want to spend all my time worrying and thinking about what went wrong last time so i gave in and announced it....
I posted pic on facebook that week too but only so limited people could see it.

Everyone knows now though as my target was to make it to 10 weeks... Baby did that so next thing is to get to v-day.... :happydance: less than 10 weeks and our babys would have a good chance of surviving out in the world! How strange does that seem! Xxx

Thanks Mama2b and Jess. Thats a good idea jess with just some who can see it.

Can't believe we are only 10 weeks until V Day!! Must be end of Jan as we are all due within 2 days of each other i think?

Not too sure if felt baby move, nothing to be sure was anything! Can't wait to feel it though! Not too early though mama2b, so it could have been.

Think they pains you have are ligimate pains, are they worst as you stand and move? I had them at the weekend while shopping, quiet painful, but everything streching on the inside

iv got pains today, feels like im being stretched from every angle! The joys of pregnancy xxxx

My friend who has just had her baby said it's just the start of the aches and pains!! But it's all worth it!!

iv got pains today, feels like im being stretched from every angle! The joys of pregnancy xxxx

Yes! That's exactly how it feels. I guess your right, Lou, it's ligament pains. It is of course worth it in the end. I am starting to worry about getting big and the pressure it will put on my body. I am petite (5'2) with big boobs so I already have back pain. It's a lot of weight to put on my frame. My boobs are also still really sore. I'm really going to have to slow down as I start to get bigger. I tend to move at a really fast pace and I already have needed to slow it down. I was walking the little one I watch yesterday and pushing her stroller up a hill. I had to stop like 3 times to catch my breath. She kept saying "go, go, go!" I'm like "I need to rest!" I think it's also the cold I'm getting over and the temps are chillier lately too. I hope my blood pressure has gone back down. I'm supposed to get it checked again soon. I really hope that doesn't persist. I know some women end up having to be on bed rest because of it!! Could you imagine?!

Hopeforly it will settle down, bed rest would just drive you mad. Think they do a back support for pregnancy so maybe invest in one early to try and prevent any SPD coming on, esp as you already suffer from back pain. Maybe have word with OB/midwife of your concern and see what she says.

Happy thanksgiving!

Yes, I'll have to talk to OB next time. I know I need to do less lifting. I still pick up the 2 year old from time to time. I have to say, she is so cute about the baby. I ask her what's in my tummy and she says "baby" and then she points to her tummy and says "baby in there." I tell her "no, but maybe someday." :) Yesterday the evening sitter came to relieve me and when I asked her "guess whose here?" she said "your baby!" She was so excited that maybe she'd get to meet my baby. I've shown ehr scan pics too and she gets really excited and gives me a big smile and hug. It's so sweet I want to cry.

Well my cheesecakes are done (I made one blueberry and one carmel apple) and I am getting ready to go stuff myself. Took a zofran so hopefully the m/s won't keep me from eating yummy food! I really have a lot going on in my tummy today. I felt the bubbles again and it was after I went to the bathroom so I think it's LO!!! I didn't expect to feel it this early. It could still be gas though :)

Have a great day everyone!

Yes! That's exactly how it feels. I guess your right, Lou, it's ligament pains. It is of course worth it in the end. I am starting to worry about getting big and the pressure it will put on my body. I am petite (5'2) with big boobs so I already have back pain. It's a lot of weight to put on my frame. My boobs are also still really sore. I'm really going to have to slow down as I start to get bigger. I tend to move at a really fast pace and I already have needed to slow it down. I was walking the little one I watch yesterday and pushing her stroller up a hill. I had to stop like 3 times to catch my breath. She kept saying "go, go, go!" I'm like "I need to rest!" I think it's also the cold I'm getting over and the temps are chillier lately too. I hope my blood pressure has gone back down. I'm supposed to get it checked again soon. I really hope that doesn't persist. I know some women end up having to be on bed rest because of it!! Could you imagine?!

Snap i'm 5'2 with 32dd boobs (fake though :blush: )

Since getting pregnant i've had awful backache and such a sore tummy from all random aches and pains.. But it'll be worth it in the end xxx

I'm 5ft 3in with 32DD, well now 32EE! Though gone up one back size!

Think being slim to start with will help us all as less weight in end. Just gotta hope the boobs don't go too big! Mine just don't seem to stop growing!

Snap i'm 5'2 with 32dd boobs (fake though :blush: )

Since getting pregnant i've had awful backache and such a sore tummy from all random aches and pains.. But it'll be worth it in the end xxx

Nice! (About having big girls, not the back pain:cry:) Mine were 30G :cry: pre-pregnancy and now I'm probably a 32GG!!!! They are HUGE!!! And all natural. I thought about reduction for years, but decided to wait till after having kids because I wanted to be able to breastfeed and I knew I would probably need to have a revision after kids anyway. We'll see how it goes after #1 I may not make it through another pregnancy with these things. I have had neck/shoulder/low back pain for years. I also get headache from the neck pain I believe. I might have to have surgery after this pregnancy, if I want to be able to pick up LO.

Well I took a bump pic, but my DH only took one and I feel like I just look like a fatty. Maybe I'll take another one and post. There is a little bump there now I think.

Yeah post it up! Think my one makes me look like a fatty!! Guess it's used to being slim!

I'll get oh to take one in a bit and post too!

Think they can get smaller once given birth or stopped breast feeding. Know my friends went smaller than before.

I'm 5ft 3in with 32DD, well now 32EE! Though gone up one back size!

Think being slim to start with will help us all as less weight in end. Just gotta hope the boobs don't go too big! Mine just don't seem to stop growing!

HAHAHA what a coincidence we're all in the petite big booby club. I was by no means skinny before (very curvy), but I was in the normal range. My sister weighed 100lbs and she got HUGE with pregnancy. SO, we'll see what happens to me. I'm looking forward to having a bump to take peoples attention away from my twins. Although they seem to be growing simultaneously. I might be a J cup before too long :dohh:

Wonder what size they go up too????

I was always slim on top, with big ladies, and curvy botto
. My top and bottom have always been a dress size or more different!

Right here goes my bump picture, it is in the evening after dinner so a little smaller in the morning. Last one is my morning bump. Feel like i just look bit fat! Posted my first bump pic for comparison. 11 weeks to 14 weeks

Attachments

• DSC00635.jpg
    DSC00635.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 14weeks1.jpg
    14weeks1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 14 weeks.jpg
    14 weeks.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Ok ladies...

I've tried to find a pic that shows my stomach before i got pregnant..

But i didnt have anything that was *ahem* suitable :blush:

The closest i've got is when i had my tattoo done just after my ectopic so stomach was still slightly bloated..i normally have a 6pac...but alas...no more!!

https://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3857/tattoogc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've also got a new one which i took yesterday.. (excuse the marks from my tights..i havent managed to find maternity ones yet!! and my normal ones are now cutting off my circulation!!haha)

https://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4046/14weeks.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back