• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for March Bump Buddies!

My dr said they're now offering a blood test that is much more accurate than the quad screen. We never got the quad screen done with DD bc hearing I have a "1 in 250" or "1 in 1000" chance of something wrong with my baby would just drive me crazy. Now, with the 99% accuracy & the "yes or no" to each screen, I'm considering it. DH still is against it. Admittedly, since we've decided to find out the sex this time, it's also exciting to be able to know so soon if it's a boy or a girl (which is also determined by this test). I can get it done as soon as 10 weeks along, and results would be back within 2 weeks.

Are you ladies opting in for anything like this? Why or why not??

I want it if I am offered it. I'm hoping my OB will, as will tell us if baby has a chance of anemia. Also really cool to find out what we are having early.

We're thinking about doing that test, but we haven't decided yet. Though I'm currently 34, I will be 35 by the time March rolls around and the whole AMA (advanced maternal age) thing worries me quite a bit.

That being said, I looked it up and our provincial health care only covers the NIPT (Panorama, Harmony, MaterniT21) if the mother is 40+, has a previous child with aneuploidy or has abnormal markers in her NT screen. I don't know if our work health insurance would cover the 800$ test, so that may influence whether we go ahead and get it done or if we stick with the quad screen. It's one of the main things I want to discuss with my Dr when I see her on Wednesday.

I too think it would be very cool to find out baby's sex so early and of course to know if anything is going on that we should know about. If we are offered the test I will probably take it, our decision would also be made based on whether it is covered by my insurance or how much it would be if had to be paid out of pocket.

We're thinking about doing that test, but we haven't decided yet. Though I'm currently 34, I will be 35 by the time March rolls around and the whole AMA (advanced maternal age) thing worries me quite a bit.

That being said, I looked it up and our provincial health care only covers the NIPT (Panorama, Harmony, MaterniT21) if the mother is 40+, has a previous child with aneuploidy or has abnormal markers in her NT screen. I don't know if our work health insurance would cover the 800$ test, so that may influence whether we go ahead and get it done or if we stick with the quad screen. It's one of the main things I want to discuss with my Dr when I see her on Wednesday.

35 isn't a big number any more for being pg anymore. I know so many (multi gravita) moms that are older than me, and I am 36, and will be 37 when baby is born. With my last I turned 35 just after his birth and my age never once was mentioned.

Interesting your province only covers after 40+. Which province are you in if you mind me asking? I am in Sask. Yet my last Dr asked me if I would be interested in the test with last baby, so I am curious. Though I am high risk for multi gravita, for having a post natal hemorrhage, and baby has a possibility for becoming anemic. So since it is less invasive than an amnio, I think it may be covered for me. Well FX any way :winkwink:

I too think it would be very cool to find out baby's sex so early and of course to know if anything is going on that we should know about. If we are offered the test I will probably take it, our decision would also be made based on whether it is covered by my insurance or how much it would be if had to be paid out of pocket.

I don't know that I would find out the gender just yet!! Since we were having our hopes up for the gender reveal party at 20 weeks, guess we could do it sooner but I wouldn't be showing lol :(

But yes that's a good idea, I will ask how much we have to pay as well, my doc sent a test for cystic fibrosis screening and I didn't even know it - have to pay $99 for it out of pocket. :growlmad:

35 isn't a big number any more for being pg anymore. I know so many (multi gravita) moms that are older than me, and I am 36, and will be 37 when baby is born. With my last I turned 35 just after his birth and my age never once was mentioned.

Interesting your province only covers after 40+. Which province are you in if you mind me asking? I am in Sask. Yet my last Dr asked me if I would be interested in the test with last baby, so I am curious. Though I am high risk for multi gravita, for having a post natal hemorrhage, and baby has a possibility for becoming anemic. So since it is less invasive than an amnio, I think it may be covered for me. Well FX any way :winkwink:

Yeh, I know that 35 isn't that big of a deal anymore with regards to maternity. I guess I'm worried about it because my bday is coming up fairly soon and I'm not ready for it yet. My doctor hasn't said anything about my age. The only time she mentionned it was when we were still TTCing and we were discussed a consultation for fertility treatment. She commented that it was a bit ironic that my 1 year TTC would arrive at about the same time as my 35th bday.

I'm in Ontario, and haven't specifically discussed my options with my doctor. She said we would discuss prenatal testing at my 10 week appt which is in 3 short days. I looked up the OHIP criteria online via the local Children's hospital genetic counseling website, which is where I saw the 40+ maternal age criteria amongst others. If it's covered for you, that's really great!

I'm not sure if the test has changed since I had my son but then it went off babies neck pocket measurements, your bloods and your age I think. We got like 1 in a load of thousands with our son, I'm taking it this time too the doctors tell you when the odds are enough to grant you more testing - I'd never have the extra testing but I'd just like to be prepared in my mind rather than baby being born and it all being a big shock iykwim?

I wish we got the testing they offer in the US where you can find out the gender early! Would make things much easier! Xx

Ok so who is showing? Anyone?

I am not. I have too much left overs from my last pg that the only change is on my butt!! Some of my underwear is no longer fitting me well.....leaving marks from the seams, so I have had to weed those ones out.

Though i swear I was already showing some by now with my last....maybe it was just more bloat :haha:

Still not really showing, either! Just some pudge. I'll add a picture from week 8 at the bottom..

I didn't show with DD until 20-25 weeks and I know they say you'll show faster with each pregnancy but I don't think I will lol. I guess only time will tell.
I poke my lower abdomen and I still can't really feel hardness, or my uterus. Only when I really need to pee at night, but other than that my belly looks normal. :( making me sad as I want that cute little bump already!!

Attachments

• 11836701_615836725225579_1545133936177170094_n.jpg
    11836701_615836725225579_1545133936177170094_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
You look great!! Can't wait until we all have cute bumps. I'm not comfortable enough for a belly pic. Just know there has been no change. One day I will post. ;)

allforthegirl - I feel less than great lol but thanks! Can't wait to see everyone's bump photos! When we all finally get one haha!! :thumbup:

It's funny as old wives tales say if you carry high it means girl, if you carry low it means boy. But by the time you're far along enough to really notice you pretty much already had the ultrasound to find out :haha:

Yup or the one that says if you carry out front it is a boy and if you carry to the side it is a girl. haha:haha:

I'm not showing just yet, I did notice my waist has expanded a little and I do feel the hardness but I haven't popped out yet! Like everyone else I can't wait for that little bump!!

Allforthegirl, I totally feel the same way! I swear I had a hard time fitting into my prep refinance clothes by this time in my last pregnancy! This time around, I'm actually LOSING weight & still fit fine - maybe enough of a belly that I don't want to wear tight clothing, but like I said, I still fit in my clothes!

I've talked about this a little in the other march group but DH has really been bringing me down lately.

Today he decided to tell me that I ruined his life and that I'm baby crazy and that bringing another child into our life right now will ruin our marriage.

I'm really stressed out now and can't get myself to stop crying. I asked him what he wanted me to do and he just said sit and watch him suffer and see what I've done to him. I just can't wrap my head around why he's been saying these things to me. I'm actually quite concerned and worried about what having this baby will bring. I love DH but sometimes the things he says to me are quite harsh.
I just can't help but think what did I do to make him feel this badly. I'm so confused because a few weeks ago he seemed excited about it and happy etc. Now he is telling me he was pretending..

Bombshell I'm so sorry you are going through something like this. Hope you do t mind me asking was this an accidental blessing or were you two ttc? Not that it will really matter to a woman but to a man, well they can be down right strange about things. I know my DH was very weird about getting pg even after we were ttc. I think it was that it happened so fast and he wasn't ready. He did t say anything really but his demener was very off. He spent more and more time stressing about everything on his own internally and it effected us but he got over it and couldn't be happier once he was born. I hope this is just DH being scared of being able handle more. Sometimes reassuring them that they are great fathers and that they are capable can help.

I'm not sure if I was much help, but I hope things will pass. :hugs:

Bombshell I'm so sorry you are going through something like this. Hope you do t mind me asking was this an accidental blessing or were you two ttc? Not that it will really matter to a woman but to a man, well they can be down right strange about things. I know my DH was very weird about getting pg even after we were ttc. I think it was that it happened so fast and he wasn't ready. He did t say anything really but his demener was very off. He spent more and more time stressing about everything on his own internally and it effected us but he got over it and couldn't be happier once he was born. I hope this is just DH being scared of being able handle more. Sometimes reassuring them that they are great fathers and that they are capable can help.

I'm not sure if I was much help, but I hope things will pass. :hugs:

We planned to conceive this baby :( that's the part that gets me. He was so happy when I got my BFP it was great. We did talk when he got home and he said he was sorry and that he doesn't want anymore after this one. I honestly think you're right, he is probably scared because he is so happy and used to just one right now. He's amazing with our daughter I know he will be amazing with this one too, it might be the idea of our 3 year old finally being able to entertain herself, for lack of a better term, she's out of that baby stage and DH doesn't really care for the baby stage too much. We just got her out of diapers, etc. Now we're going back lol. I'll try praising him more and see if it helps

:hugs: thank you, some kind words are really appreciated right now.

I'm glad he came back and talked it out with you. It is so hard when our hubbies aren't all in like they thought.

Bombshellmom so sorry to hear that. Sometimes our guys don't know how to word things and it comes across harshly especially when we're already sensitive as it is. Just this past weekend DH was complaining to me that on the weekends we don't go anywhere because I'm laying in bed all day. I told him I'm not feeling well and I'm growing his child and to give me an f'ing break! I kinda snapped lol but he's been way better since then! I'm glad your DH talked to you about it, I think the fact that another child is joining your family just finally hit him and he started to freak at the thought of that. Like you said your DD is getting into the fending for herself stage and maybe he was just getting use to that. I'm sure as time passes he will get less worried and more excited :hugs: feel free to vent whenever you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->