Looking for March Bump Buddies!

Bella yes I understand what you mean... When I flex my foot--stretching the calf muscle--I get a terrible cramp! Not when I am pointing my toes. But after it starts cramping it will hurt foot flexed or not like a really bad charlie horse. Would flexing them again help do you think?
As far as the iron supplements go, I can't tell you any brands from experience but do you think finding a natural type supplement might help you? Phytovitamins makes a whole food iron complex....

AFTG that's actually really relieving to hear! Always thought I would be holding my breath until about 37 weeks but I can relax a bit now too

Bella yes I understand what you mean... When I flex my foot--stretching the calf muscle--I get a terrible cramp! Not when I am pointing my toes. But after it starts cramping it will hurt foot flexed or not like a really bad charlie horse. Would flexing them again help do you think?
As far as the iron supplements go, I can't tell you any brands from experience but do you think finding a natural type supplement might help you? Phytovitamins makes a whole food iron complex....

AFTG that's actually really relieving to hear! Always thought I would be holding my breath until about 37 weeks but I can relax a bit now too

Yes! Def charlie horses. And yes, flexing the foot (like you said - stretching the calf muscle) it should stop the cramp. Try it at any rate - worst that can happen is it doesn't work for you & you have to wake your SO to do the pressure points in your foot. I've heard it helps many women - not just me, so it's worth a shot (in my opinion anyway).

BellaRosa you can get some iron pills that are easier digestible and don't cause constipation nearly as bad. Plus they are higher content of of the iron your body uses.

Allforthegirl, my doctor suggested Slow FE, which is what I was on with my DD. It says it's more gentle on your digestive system as it's slow release, but I still had issues last time I took it... do you have another kind to recommend, because I'm open to suggestions! Or... maybe I should steer clear of the generic form this time & go for the real thing. :shrug:

I am using FeraMax, nothing generic. I have been taking it once a day or every other day, as I am just just anemic. But that could be that I am not eating tons of protein during the day. But I rather build up my stores before we bleed after birth.

I have had the charlie horse cramp at the back of knee at the top of the calf once or twice this time. NOT fun. Though I get 100 times more charlie horse cramping low in my belly. Wonder if there are pressure points for that.....:shrug: but I am guessing not :nope:

Does anyone in here know a thing or two about belly positioning and could they fill me in on how to do it?

Bella thank you! Awesome that you passed your test as well but sorry about having to take the iron supplements. I find I have a hard time remembering to take my prenatals too so I started setting an alarm with a note for it.

Daisy thank you and there sure is! :haha: sorry about your sleep and calf cramps hopefully that subsides soon, are you able to take naps during the day at a all? Congrats on 32 weeks! Do you mean like belly mapping to find baby's position?

AFM I'm pretty excited because DH and I decided I should go ahead and get my schooling started. I'm just in a bit of a crunch because it is a limited program that starts in August! Applications for the program itself must be in by June 1 and I still have to apply to the college, apply for FASFA which must be done by March, take my placement exam and then take three classes online (and pass with good grades) by May since these will boost my points for the application which is due in June like I said. You must have a minimum of 35 points but it's a very limited program so only the applicants with the most points will be accepted and if I'm not I will have to wait until next year August to reapply! I'm ready for the challenge though. DH is going to work on getting me a car by August since I will be needing that especially once my clinical hours start, some of the hospitals are as far as an hour drive. Wish me luck! I am submitting my application to the college tomorrow.

Wow, Destiny! Good for you tackling school along with all of the baby stuff going on! With an attitude like that, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully! <3

I know this is off topic and random but I think we are going to have Charlie Jacob as little mans name.. What do you ladies think?

The other choices were Charlie Joseph or Charlie Mark

I was looking at Charlie James but James seems so popular as a middle name as it seems to fit with almost any name so wanted something different. I was thinking of Charlie George too but not sure about the name George... So I keep going back to Charlie Jacob for some reason :)

I know this is off topic and random but I think we are going to have Charlie Jacob as little mans name.. What do you ladies think?

The other choices were Charlie Joseph or Charlie Mark

I was looking at Charlie James but James seems so popular as a middle name as it seems to fit with almost any name so wanted something different. I was thinking of Charlie George too but not sure about the name George... So I keep going back to Charlie Jacob for some reason :)

I think it is cute!! It flows nicely.

Well, as my son's name will be Jacob, of course I like Jacob! :winkwink: And I already told you I like Charlie! :) Glad it sounds like you're finally settled! <3

AFTG I'm sure there are pressure points somewhere to help relieve the pain in your belly. Have you spoken to your MW about it though just to make sure it's not serious? And maybe you could look into seeing some sort of reflexologist or acupuncturist. Have heard many women say they really help with the pain

Destiny, yes I am talking about baby's position. I think I have it figured out some way--whether they are on the right or left and face down or face up.
Great job getting so motivated for school! Speaking of, I should start looking into the requirements for the massage program I am interested in taking starting Sept.... I'm sure you will do fine, you've got such a great attitude about it!

Sarah, Charlie Jacob sounds lovely~ Although I kind of like the abrupt-nes of Charlie Mark.

AFM Got the same amount of sleep last night as I have been :nope: but opted to just stay in bed and drift in and out this morning next to OH's warm body. Felt good! But dropping him off at the bus was kind of a fumble. Now I'm bouncing on my ball, going to make some RLT and get the day started..... Or not ;)

Bella thank you! Means a lot

Sarah I like Charlie Jacob a lot. I agree James is more common, though had ours been a boy his middle name would've been James since that is DHs middle name and his father and grandfathers first name.

Daisy gotcha, I had a feeling Adrianna was head down simply because when she did a certain stretch my stomach would poke out on the left side extremely round like and I just knew it was her bottom. Other than that I don't really know too much about it. Awesome about your schooling! My DHs sisters fiancé finished school for massage therapist probably a year ago, he is doing well from what I hear of! I'm excited to start school again I feel like my brain has been at a stand still and I'm ready to start learning again and this is something I really want to do. It's an intense 11 month program and I'm going to have to bust my butt however I will come out a surgical assistant and be doing what I've been wanting to do for a while! I can relate to the poopy sleep last night I got about two hours O_O

Lotssss of Braxton hicks today, anyone else? Up until last night and today I really haven't had many but holy hell my uterus has made up for lost time for sure.

Destiny--OH is in the course that I'm looking at taking and he seems to really enjoy it thought it is intense. I can't imagine how intense a surgical assistant program would be! GL on getting your application and paperworks together I hope you do great!
Are you able to take a bath to reduce BH? Make sure you are drinking a bunch of water consistently throughout the day--you can be dehydrated and not even know it.

No BH for me but getting lots of "let-down" sensations in my breasts. They are tingly to painful. I wonder if any part of this is recanalization from my breast reduction 5 years ago. Have been really paranoid now about my ability to breastfeed my baby, but it looks like my odds are good because I do have sensation in my nipples/areolas

Daisy that is pretty cool you and your OH have the same career interest! Definitely would make a good business idea since you'll have two therapists on board! I know the 'big' places over here like massage envy suck at paying their employees properly, they will pay you $15 an hour and yet charge someone $50 for a massage whilst your doing all the hard work. Massages are taxing for the giver and should be paid accordingly. A friend of mine has her own little spa she opened with a friend who is an esthetician, they did well! She got to make her own hours and she took all the bread home. Thank you for the best wishes. I am drinking a decent amount of water but I suppose today I could've drank a little more I will definitely try to make sure that do that. Last night and today were really the only time I got them, they were not painful but I could obviously acknowledge they were happening. I think for the most part a breast reduction should not affect your ability to breastfeed, wishing you much luck.

Hello ladies, I'm new to this site and trying to figure it all out. Im due March 7, 2016 and have been trying to find a forum. It this it?

We are a March due date thread yes, and welcome :hi: do you know what you are having?

Daisy, breastfeeding is so amazing and rewarding in so many ways! FX that it all works out for you! <3

Addiesmommy, Welcome! :wave: This is a March thread, yes. There are many more also! I did a search for March 2016 to find all of the March threads at the beginning of my pregnancy. You can also see if there are any threads that strike your fancy in the 3rd trimester forum. Hope that helps!

Allforthegirl- Im having another girl.

I was a member of baby fit with my first 2 kids but they just closed and switched to sparks people. Im not a big fan of that so I searched and found this site. I like to chat daily when I can but its nice to have people due at the same time so we can complain or be excited together and crave wine lol. :shrug:

My 2 other kids are almost 8- girl and my son who is 4.

Addiesmommy welcome and congrats on your little girl! How have you been feeling?

Addiesmommy :hi: welcome to the March group. How have you been feeling as of late?

Destiny, it sounds like your friend had it figured out! Hopefully OH and I will get to that point. Massage is especially great because it's only about an hour at a time in my own house/workspace and still pretty decent money :thumbup:

AFM the exhaustion is doing me in. I was feeling very excited about this pregnancy pretty much up until this point. Now I am dreading the seemingly endless nights of crying or worse colic! OH and I have been viciously fighting--about nothing, just talking to each other like crap because we are stressed and exhausted. Hate to say it but I am really scared and insecure about my abilities as a mom and being a FTM and having many things to learn, I don't think that's going to be a boost to my esteem.
Maybe I should wait until I get a decent night's or day's sleep to see how I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->