Looking for March Bump Buddies!

Daisy~ sorry your feeling do so poorly. :sad1: hope it doesn't last long. (Sorry dumb dumb over here and have to ask what does CTS mean? )

It's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and you are a lucky duck if you've never gotten it.

Basically I have pregnancy induced edema so I retain water regardless how hydrated I am. So there is a lot extra interstitial fluid between my muscles, bones, linnets, lymph, capillaries etc most importantly between the nerves. The pressure from all the extra water presses on nerves generally in the brachial tunnel or carpal tunnel area and it is SO painful especially in my fingers. They get all numb and tingly and it hurts to try to stretch them out. Unfortunately I cannot get comfortable sleeping in a way that supports them so unless I want to trade one sleep disruption with another, I get up around 3 or 4 (when it is the most unbearable) to take a bath to counterbalance the hydrostatic pressure from said fluid in my body.

Some times I can feel the tingles all the way up to my elbow where the particular tunnel is :dohh: :nope:

The headache has gone away and no more nausea but really not feeling good.

Daisy Hope the CTS slows down for you, lately my feet and hands have been falling asleep super quickly if left in the same position.

Daisy, I've heard a lot of ladies go through that. Hope it gets better for you soon! Have you tried one of those brace things? I recall my mother wearing one....

Destiny, I have the same pins & needles feeling often in my hands/arms when I wake up to turn over at night. Not fun, but manageable...

Thank you for the nursery comments :o) I think I finally found my bedding set - it's the Nautica Zachary set. Planning on using the sailboat sheet at daycare in the future and will go with the plain green sheet (& order an additional plain baby blue sheet). Will use the sailboat quilt elsewhere as well. Will either go with a completely different mobile or add stars and flying Peter, Wendy, John, Michael, & Tink silhouettes to it, so it looks like the boats are flying with them (like pirate ships). The rest of the set is just patterns of navy, baby blue, & green, which is exactly what I had been looking for!

Can't wait to start actually putting stuff together! Had 2 snow days attached to this weekend (Friday & Monday) so DH was able to plug away at DD's big girl room. Hopefully will be done soon, so I can start to decorate!!!

Okay, random question about swaddles: Are you using a blanket to swaddle for the newborn stage, or an actual swaddle? For DD, we just used a blanket when she was born, but switched to a Halo sleepsack swaddle when she was maybe 2-3 months old. I'm wondering whether to start Jacob the same way, or whether I should start him right off with the Halo sleepsack swaddle (or the Halo Swaddlesure? Has anyone tried those?) Also debating on whether to go with cotton or fleece, since March is a tricky month... right between winter & spring! For the record, we are def getting Aden & Anais swaddle blankets (I LOVED DD's and used them for EVERYTHING - she still sleeps with 2 of them!) and I've bought a super cozy fleecy blanket for him also. Any thoughts or words of advice are appreciated :flower:

Bella the nursery sounds great so far! Will have to see pics when it is all done :) Glad you were able to find the bedding set you were looking for.
As far as swaddling goes I was just going to use blankets for the first month. Have read that swaddling after 6 weeks isn't the best thing for motor development due to the constriction. But ya know you'll find good and bad on anything if you look hard enough.
If Zodi ends up liking being bundled up at night time then maybe I would get a sleep sack so it's not as tight on them and still able to move somewhat freely. But there's a chance they might not even want to be swaddled as an infant :shrug:

Bella that sounds so cute! I was looking up the Peter Pan themed nursery and there are a bunch of neat ideas online! As far as the swaddles I was going to use Muslin blankets as I received a bunch and they're a great size, I did inherit a blankets and beyond swaddle though that I was also going to put to the test. Though I'm not sure Adrianna is going to be a huge fan of swaddling because she really loves her hands by her face, so I might have to leave her arms out so she can keep them where she likes but still 'swaddle' her so she still has the sense of security with the coziness? I guess I will be playing that one by ear!

Thanks Daisy! Yeah, that's why I liked the Halo swaddle sleepsacks back when my DD was a baby... they have hip room so they're not bundled so tightly, and it's just the arms that are held down, to prevent the startle reflex from waking them.

Destiny, you brought up a good point - the Halo swaddlesure doesn't allow for baby's arms to go up near the face, but it I get the Halo swaddle sleepsack & find out that Jacob doesn't like being swaddled, I can wrap the swaddle part under his arms just as easily as on top of his arms. Maybe I should just get one of those... forget the swaddlesure version, and I can rotate between that and the muslins I'll have.

Thanks ladies! :)

I have put my last in a sleep sack but I didn't use swaddling unless he was fussy and wouldn't calm down much. I just used muslin, they are large and airy so I don't feel like I am over heating them.

Allforthegirl, I'm actually concerned about him being cold! :haha: I really like to keep my room cool at night, otherwise I can't sleep. We usually sleep with our ceiling fan on (but when we had DD in there, we stopped using it because we didn't like the idea of the fan blowing on her... although I HATED not being able to use the fan). And he'll be in my room for the first 10 months or so if he's anything like DD. So... I ended up getting the fleece Halo swaddle sleepsack. I also got Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets. I suppose I'll be prepared either way then! :)

Thank you for your input!

Getting excited! Just used my Amazon registry completion discount last night, which means most of the essentials & the bedding are on their way! Everything is starting to become real! I just wish I had a place to put all the stuff when it arrives... would have been nice to set it up in the nursery! But nope... still waiting on DH to finish DD's room... :coffee:

How is everyone today?

Allforthegirl, I'm actually concerned about him being cold! :haha: I really like to keep my room cool at night, otherwise I can't sleep. We usually sleep with our ceiling fan on (but when we had DD in there, we stopped using it because we didn't like the idea of the fan blowing on her... although I HATED not being able to use the fan). And he'll be in my room for the first 10 months or so if he's anything like DD. So... I ended up getting the fleece Halo swaddle sleepsack. I also got Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets. I suppose I'll be prepared either way then! :)

Thank you for your input!

Getting excited! Just used my Amazon registry completion discount last night, which means most of the essentials & the bedding are on their way! Everything is starting to become real! I just wish I had a place to put all the stuff when it arrives... would have been nice to set it up in the nursery! But nope... still waiting on DH to finish DD's room... :coffee:

How is everyone today?

Awe yes I can understand why you want to keep him warm then. I too like a cooler room to sleep in. I am planning on co-sleeping and with my last all he did was sweat if he was super close to me, but I am going to be prepared either way, whether he is a hot sleeper or cool sleeper.

That is exciting about your registry!! I don't have a space really for all of Declan's things either, I just bought one of those plastic drawer on rollers so I can move it where I need it.

I am good today, just bidding my time until I need to bundle my LO up and head off to my OB appt. Can't wait to see if he is head down or not....though I am thinking he did as I think I felt his back this time.....where as before I wasn't really....but I am so confused :haha:

Good for you with cosleeping! I totally don't trust myself having my baby in my bed. First off, I sleep in my huge pregnancy pillow, even when I'm not pregnant, because I have a bad back. Then, I just don't trust my husband or my dog. My husband has been known to hit me in his sleep, in the middle of the night (rarely, but it's happened). We do have an Arm's Reach cosleeper - and I LOVE that! That way baby is sidecar'd to the bed and right next to me. I feel like baby is safe & it makes breastfeeding SO much easier!

Just reminds me that I can't wait to go home from the hospital, because they don't allow you to fall asleep with baby in your arms or in your bed. And, I remember that pulling baby from the hospital bassinet (much higher than the bed, with high sides) in order to breastfeed or comfort in the middle of the night was SUCH a chore! They actually made me sign a paper explaining the dangers of cosleeping & promising I wouldn't in the hospital. :nope:

Had my growth scan today US tech says she is measuring around 33 weeks plus a few days but DH says he swears she said 32. Called my midwifes assistant to let her know I went to the scan early and she said they will try to get the results today. She said they'll call me either later today or sometime tomorrow :/

Is it possible that they got your due date wrong? Sorry, I can't remember back to when we were discussing O dates, etc.

Also, remember what we said before about you & DH being small. Try not to worry until the midwife says you have something to worry about. Keep us posted :hugs:

Destiny~ I know it sounds so scary, all babies grow at different rates. Like Bella mentioned though try ("try") not to worry too much. Let us know what the midwife says.

Bella and allforthegirl, how long can a woman be in early labor fr? :wacko: my contractions are painless but getting cramps now and again and they don't go away with water, bath, change in position, or any of the usual stuff, could they still be BH?

Bella and allforthegirl, how long can a woman be in early labor fr? :wacko: my contractions are painless but getting cramps now and again and they don't go away with water, bath, change in position, or any of the usual stuff, could they still be BH?

I knew a woman that was in early labour for about four days, before she went into the hospital. Though she was getting exhausted.

Can you nap or sleep through them? If you can, then I wouldn't say you are in "labour" just yet. Try taking some Tylenol, or T1's (yes they are safe during pg, as long as you aren't always taking them) and see if that helps.

I get cramps on and off too, some with BH and some without. I just think of them as different muscle working.

Now if these cramps are consistantly happening with in a rhythm (say 10 min apart) and the length in between them getting closer and closer together then I would say yes you are in labour.

Daisy thank you

Bella I didn't track O the month I got pregnant but I did know the exact date I got my period so it could be off but I don't think it would be by much, maybe a few days

Allforthegirl thank you I am trying

Midwifes assistant called me and said Adrianna seems to look healthy but she is small so they are sending me to an OB :cry: in Gainesville for a further scan on Monday, I guess to try to see if she is just small because of her genetics or because something is causing this . From that scan the OB will let them know whether I can continue with them and give birth at the center or if they will have to hand my care over to him and further testing will be done ;( . This is terrible I'm going to end up in a hospital and with a male doctor, everything I didn't want..

Well if Adrianna is, say IUGR, then best to be monitored and cared for by an OB, and who knows maybe end up with a female OB ;)

I know someone on BnB that had an IUGR baby and she was awesome, born early but such a trooper. My oldest was an IUGR baby as well and he had no issues what so ever, he is taller than me now.

I am sure what ever it is she will be just fine. :hugs: Just try and put out positive thoughts. Who knows maybe you will get to choose your OB (I have no clue as it may be different down there)

Allforthegirl, thamk you, some times they wake me up but they deefinitely don't go away with the usual things that make BH go away (water, bath, change in position, go wee, etc). I guess they are doing something though because I'm 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced already. Again doesn't mean much but better than nothing right???

Destiny :hugs: try try not to worry too much before your scan. You won't have a better idea of how things will end up until after so just try to relax and enjoy the next few days even if it is in the unknown. :hugs: we're here for you girl!!

AFM: Well just had my 37 week appointment. BP is higher than normal but still in the normal range, measuring 37 cm and Zodi's HB was 130.
They (MW and the student) both did a cervical check and said that it is very ripe about 70% effaced and 2 cm dilated.
Considering I have been in contracting on and off for a few days now according to them early labor I hope hings progress but I could be limbo like this for weeks even :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->