Looking for TTC buddies

Sorry about the limbo!! It's stressful enough after a mc. Did you do anything besides opk to catch O like tracking cm or temping?

Temping wouldn't really work I don't think as my daughter is up a couple of times a night usually.

CM matches the OPK's EWCM on days 10-13. BD CD 9, 11 & 12 so I thought I had a reasonable chance.

Last cycle was 28 days, but my cycles usually are 23-26 days so when the OPK was CD11 & 12 I thought I was reverting back to normal for me. It could be perfectly possible that af will show tomorrow and that I'm still a little off after the mc.

Unfortunately so many times only time will tell!

oh good luck loves_cookies!!

Mom15 I had several positive opks after my mc. Each one was followed by a clear negative a few days later. I'm not sure if it was from the HCG still in my system (I don't think so since I also had negatives), if the tests were faulty, or if my body just tried and failed to ovulate several times. I'm leaning towards the last possibility. I didn't get ewcm, but nothing like what I normally do. I'm thinking my body just wasn't ready. It definitely tried though so I think it is entirely possible. I didn't temp so I can't confirm anything. Good luck!

Mom15 I'd dtd anyway (if your not going to wait) as it's very possible that you are ovulating!! Fx

Loves cookies I hope you no either way soon!! The only way I think is to keep testing every few days til either a bfp or af!

I understand the hesitation in trying again because as much as I want a bfp this month I'm also scared it will happen again and I'm not sure how I would cope if it was to happen again or if I'd keep trying after that. I took getting pregnant and staying pregnant for granted and now I appreciate it so much more!!!

Lo

Thanks ladies! Def. Going to wait. I'm following doctors orders to wait 2 months from when my hCG will be below 5. Which it could already be, but I'll go for another draw. I may skip the next two O's depending on how long my cycles will be. Also I want to try to temp and see what my post O temps look like and how long my Lp will be. I can shake the feeling that I miscarried cause my lining was not thick enough cause I had just quit nursing. While nursing my temp would spike and then drop continuously til af and I had short LPs below 10days. So I want to see a couple of 11day LPs which is my normal. The only other time I oed this early i was taking a B100 complex and I'm taking it now, so i may have found what helps Oing me early.

Mom15 why have they told you to wait 2 cycles? X

He said to wait 2 months from when my hCG is 0 (or below 5 is what I considered negative, I think). I spoke to him the day I found out baby hadn't grown so it's a bit of a blur and of course I had a million questions once I was back home. But I think basically it gives your body a chance to go through a couple of cycles making sure the lining is built back up and to avoid another mc do to a uterus that hasn't had a chance to "recover". I think it's more of a rather safe than sorry approach. As with anything related to pregnancy, birth etc. everyone's body is unique and there are probably thousands of woman who can conceive and carry just fine on the first post mc cycle, but there may be some that should wait. I will stick to it cause I don't want to hear a "I told you so" in case sth were to happen again. My friend was told to wait three periods. I don't think she really got an explanation either. I can def. tell that my uterus is still "sore" though. It may have to do with my fibroid and maybe that's another reason why he would want me to wait a bit. It is strange how I can feel it hurt right now when I pee or even apply light pressure above my pubic bone. I had the same thing first O post DS and thought how can anyone miss their first O because mine was so obvious because it literally felt like my uterus was bruised almost for a week leading up to O. That went away after a cycle or two. But I think it may be the fibroid that is causing it. I will do another opk tomorrow. CP was super high and super open all day and I had more globs of ewcm, but then also passed what looked like another small piece of tissue. Bizarre. I may be in my first of two or three boring tww as there is no question AF will show. Ugh I feel like it going to be heavy too. Now I'm just blabbering...😋

It's funny how everyone is told something different, I was told to wait 1 cycle but purely for dating purposes others I've heard they have been told they can try straight away if they feel ready! It's so weird and difficult to no what to do when there is such conflicting advice. X

My OB said there was a study long ago that showed that it was best to wait at least 3 months. He said in recent years it has been discredited (and he said it wasn't a good study to begin with), but that lots of doctors still follow this advice. Obviously, reproductive health is a difficult thing to do a controlled study on so there are very few clear answers. I believe there was a more recent study that showed women had a better chance of a successful pregnancy if they did get pregnant again within 3 months of miscarriage, but again I don't know how well controlled it was.

All that said, my OB said to wait one cycle (mainly for dating), but that we could try again right away after that as long as we felt ready. I think a lot of doctors recommend waiting because they worry about women thinking they are ready then really struggling with a new pregnancy so they suggest they wait.

Yes there is simply no scientific proof that waiting or not waiting is best!

Yes there is simply no scientific proof that waiting or not waiting is best!

Yes. It's unfortunate that there isn't better understanding. I get it though. I wouldn't volunteer to be part of a study while pregnant.

I can see why supposedly we are more fertile after a mc. Sooo much ewcm!! And another dark opk that I will call positive for now. DS slept through last night so I hope my temp is somewhat accurate. That number is a pre O temp or 1 dpo temp. I don't think I have Oed yet as I usually dry up right away and sometimes even on Oday. Still thrilled that my body seems to at least be gearing up to it. Actually just now getting some o pain on my right. So exciting 😁

It is funny how the advice is so different. My GP wanted me to wait at least 3 months but that's because she was troubled by my mental health rather than anything physical. I suffer from anxiety and depression and when I went a few weeks ago the anxiety was so bad it was causing a lot of physical symptoms so she felt I needed time to heal. That said she didn't argue when I said I couldn't wait as not being pregnant was making me anxious and I suspect I'm going to suffer bad anxiety during subsequent pregnancies regardless of when they are.

Still no af, I possibly had the faintest of bfp's. The line is so faint I don't think it shows up on the photograph I took and two hours later I can't see anything at all on the test. If this was a week ago I'd have been overjoyed, and looking for progression but if it's accurate then I think I'll miscarry. CD29 should be a strong positive surely with positive OPK's on CD11&12? Will buy a different test tomorrow afternoon if no af and see what that says.

I do not suffer with anxiety, but I sympathize with the anxious feeling of needing be pregnant again and how waiting makes me anxious more than anything. And you are right it doesn't matter how long we will wait, I will worry next time no matter what.
Hopefully you did O a few days later and it's just the start. If not I do agree with you as it is so similar to my cp cycle. On 12dpo I had the faintest of lines, but it was def there. Period started that day and I had faint lines for 6 days with pretty much no progression. Then they went negative.
I have my fingers crossed that it's just too early, but I think it is good to be realistic about it and that it may not work out this cycle. Keep us posted!

I hope you get your BFP loves cookies. I'm sorry you are going through this frustrating limbo phase. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm CD10 today, starting to get more cm so I'm hoping I ovulate soon. I'm temping for the first time this cycle, but I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I have gotten the exact same temp for the last 3 days in a row. Seems odd. It is a brand new BBT so I don't think I can blame the thermometer. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I'm going to start OPKs today as well.

AF is here. To be fair I've been expecting this outcome for a who's still gutted though.

AF is here. To be fair I've been expecting this outcome for a who's still gutted though.

I'm sorry cookies :( I had really hoped you would get your bfp. The good news is you still could end up getting a bfp in late June or early July! I'm still hoping this is your month!

Take today to rest if you can though. And remember that it's ok to feel down.

Oh I'm sorry cookies.

I've started a test thread in the gallery if anyone wants to follow.
I feel quite crampy today as well.

Hi lovlies, can I join? I miscarried with # 1 in mid feburary, after I got really sick from a mold infestation in my old place :(

But I'm back here, my fiancé and I are prepared to TTC, although I am also scared, I worry about a bunch of things though. Would be nice to have some friends I can relate too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->